His Doctor

By stories425

One smart, gorgeous, badass woman with an attitude. Graduated from Harvard University as one of the youngest... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty

Eighteen

1.1K 29 1
By stories425

Kalani:

It's been a week since the whole Romano dinner played out. That morning I woke up to my alarm for work and shut it off. I opened my eyes, then confusion and panic took over my brain. 'Where am I?' Is the first thought that came to mind. I sit up and look down, noticing sheets that aren't mine. I look to my right, seeing a door that isn't mine. I look to the floor, seeing toys that aren't mine. I look to the left of me, seeing a little girl that obviously isn't mine.

Memories of the night before started to flood in and I leave a sleeping Sofia in bed after covering her with the blankets. Both Kade and I snuck down the flights of stairs, trying not to wake anyone. Why did I sneak out of their house? Well during the heat of the moment it seemed like the best idea to not greet a family that had a shit show play out in front of their guests. That would've definitely been an awkward morning to start the day off with.

So here I am now, being dragged around the mall by Madison because of a date she has tonight. Her other reasoning is to have a "girl's day" but I know it's just a cover up excuse to shop all day for the perfect dress for her new man. Which seems to be that Alexandro guy which is shocking. He seems like a one night stand kind of guy but hey. My best friend can dance her way through any man's heart and she does it pretty damn well.

I am in the middle of day dreaming, staring at the plant sitting in a glass window, but a sharp gasp startles me. "What?!" I look around for signs of anything wrong when Madi lets out a snort. "Sorry. I just saw a really killer dress through that window over there." The only response she receives back is my relieved sigh of no danger. "Let's go!" She exclaims, pulling the both of us to the store. Our shoes make contact with the wood flooring and I look around in amazement. This store definitely stands out from the rest, but in a modern way.

"Hi welcome! Is there anything I can assist you with today?" Customer service is also great. I approve. "Hi, I just saw that beautiful dress through the glass and was wondering if I could try it on?" Madi squeals, not being able to control her excitement.

Jeez this dress must be the one then.

The employee gives her a warm smile, "yes of course!" We walk over to the mannequin that is showcasing the beautiful blue dress and I must say, it definitely is an eye opener. "What size would you like to try on ma'am?" I zone out both of their voices and start to adventure around the store myself. There is some beautiful pieces that I would love to pick up now that I think about it. I maneuver through the tall clothing racks filled with colorful articles of clothing.

My eyes fall onto a beautiful green skirt and cropped blouse set. It has a bow knotted in the front to piece the top together with long sleeves and flow at the ending. This isn't really an outfit or color I would go for but it felt like it was calling out to me for some reason. I decide to take it off the clothing rack and go to the front cashier. "Hi, do you guys have fitting rooms?" The female cashier gives me a polite nod. "Yes it's in the back and you make a left." I smile, "thank you." I start to make my way to the dressing rooms, then I realize.

That was such a stupid question. "Do yOu GuYs HaVe FiTtInG RoOmS?" Who asks that?

I try to push my stupidity out of my head as I walk in to an empty room. I lock the door and hang my purse on the hook attached to the wall. I reach for the hem of my shirt to take it off when all of a sudden.

Oh. That's odd.

Someone left a piece of paper on the bench inside this fitting room. I reach for and open it. Maybe it is a receipt and someone just left it, but what I read inside made me gasp in shock and horror.

"I'm watching you Kalani." Is the printed lettering I read in the note. No name, no nothing. Yeah definitely not a receipt. At first I thought this was a silly little prank and people with cameras will come out to record the hilarious face I'm making, but then I really thought about it. This note is personalized. It says my name. It's in this exact dressing room.

How did this person know I would go to this one exactly? How did they know I would come to this store? But most importantly... who is this person?

I look around and make sure there are no cameras or any more suspicious things I may have missed. After a few minutes of examining the whole room I sigh in relief there is nothing else. I quickly gather my things and shove the note in my purse. The door swings open due to me being in a rush to just get out of the whole mall. I quicken my speed to the cashier I once was at while observing those around me. No one looks sketchy and I don't know any of these other shoppers.

I continue my steps but I end up on my ass by accidentally running into someone. "I am so sorry. Are you-" I stop mid sentence when I realize it's Madi. "Oh thank god. Madison did you grab your size?" I say as I help her up and pull her by the wrist to the cash register.

"Oh no. You said my full name. What's wrong?" I huff in annoyance. "Did you get the dress you were looking at in your size Madison?" I place the green outfit I picked out from before onto the counter and start shuffling through my purse for my wallet. "Yes I did, I just paid for it. I was looking for you. Kalani what's wrong?" I don't have time to look at her so I give the lady my credit card and impatiently tap my nails on the wood counter top. As the worker bags my new purchase, my best friend speaks once again. "You're starting to worry me now Kalani. Are you okay?"

I get handed my credit card, an actual receipt and the shopping bag. "Thank you." I mutter to the woman and I grab everything before speed walking out of the mall. "I will tell you in the car, right now I don't think we are safe." Madison catches up to me and matches my pace of walking. "What do you mean by that? What's going on?"

We make it to the car and I shove both of our things in the backseat. I practically throw both myself and Madi inside the car. Pulling out of the driveway and hearing the GPS say "You are 10 minutes away from your destination." Really relieves my physical and mental tension. "Will you finally tell me why I got kidnapped from the mall by my own best friend?" I finally make eye contact with her. How am I supposed to explain this to her. "When we were in the store, I went exploring and found a really pretty set. So I got it and went to try it on. When I was going to change into the skirt and blouse, I saw this piece of paper on the bench. I didn't think much of it but then..." I hesitate letting the next few sentences slip out because I don't want to believe my own words either. "But then what Kalani?"

I transfer my foot from the gas to the break pedal and ease pressure into it while we come up to a traffic light, glowing red. "I read "I'm watching you Kalani." On it, and I tried my best not to flip. I-I don't know who left that there, or who is watching me, or if that is a joke, or if I am in danger, or if I am putting you in danger, or-" My words get cut off by Madison's hand covering my mouth. "First off Ani, calm down. I know this is a hell of a lot to stomach and trust me, it's hard for me to stomach too. But you have to breathe please." I nod and start to take deep breaths in and out as she removes her hand from my face. "Thank you. I'm sorry the whole thing just startled me and I don't know what to do." she nods and starts to rub my shoulder for comfort, which seems to be helping. "It's okay, just keep breathing. Do you have the note?" I step on the gas pedal once again and start to talk again as soon as the car accelerates. "Yes I did. I didn't want to leave it there so I took it..." There is a moment of silence. Not awkward silence, but the kind where we are deep in thought. "I am honestly shocked of how calm you are."

I hear her chuckle lightly, "Well one of us has to have their shit together." She never fails to make me laugh, even in scary situations like this. "That is true. But what am I going to do?" I keep my eyes on the road as I make a turn into my house and I see out of the corner of my eye, the shake of her head. "No it's what are we going to do. You are my best friend and you aren't going to get stalked by some psycho with no one by your side. I need to make sure you are safe." I smile gratefully. "I love you, but I don't want you stuck in my mess." I state as I park in my garage. "Well your mess became my mess, and my mess became your mess once we signed up to be best friends honey." I let out a soft laugh while we get out of the car and make our way to the front door. "That is true." I shut the door behind the both of us and lock it. "Now that we established that. We still need to figure out what we are going to do." Madison slides her back down the wall and lets out a subtle breath. "Yeah I know." Both my best friend and I sit on my floor and just think of the question repeated one too many times. What the hell are we going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 6.9K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
195K 7.2K 60
Daniella Harris, a successful Surgeon, that graduated highschool at the tender age of sixteen. On graduation day, she attended a farewell party with...
14.1K 290 20
What happens when you are failing college and you just recently go out of relationship gone bad? You leave college and go to a different country. At...
894K 15.2K 22
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...