VR Squad Oneshots

By OneGaySimp

Random ideas I had that no one else has written, also request if anyone would like to- More

Request Info/Rules
----------Oneshots----------
Girls Night
Tongue Twisted
Arts'n Crafts
Dinner Mayhem
Snow Fall
Small Problems
----------Headcanons----------
Gift giving: Friend
Artist Avery AU
VR Squad Cat AU
When They're Sick: The VR Squad
When They're Sick: The Newbies

Spook Day

114 3 0
By OneGaySimp

Sum: Halloween with the VR Squad!!
Happy Halloween Everyone!!

Ships:
Maya x Amber
Luna x Dr.L
Moe x Natsu
Avery x Friend (One-sided)

TW: Mentions of different horror movie killers, witches (aka Amber), cultists (aka Violet), demons (aka Avery)
*Literally just typing everything that I know at least one person is going to complain that I didn't put in the TW*

************************************
3rd POV

   Fall has got to be one of the top seasons, I mean, come on. It's the perfect sweater weather, the temperature is nice and cool, all the leaves turn to sunset colors, and it holds one of everybody's favorite holidays. Free candy is the first thing that would come to anyone's mind when Halloween is mentioned, though by now you may be too old to trick or treat, but your not too old to still celebrate the day.

   Sitting at the island table in the kitchen, Friend digs their knife into a pumpkin, trying to carve a good enough face into it. Luna places a tray of pumpkin seeds into her oven, turning back around to Friend. It was currently Halloween morning, everyone was currently working on whatever they needed to get done. Some were still putting up decorations and some were still working on their costumes, which isn't really a good use of time.

   Luna saved the carving activity for later so the jack o' lanterns wouldn't rot while outside. She was just about to say something about the way Friend was holding the knife before a knock at the door stops her. Walking over and opening the door, both are greeted with Dr.L and Amber, who are both already in costume... I think.

   Dr.L is still in his normal lab coat but it has a few spots of, hopefully, fake blood littering it and his hair is messed into a rats nest, though that may not be part of the costume. While Amber on the other hand has changed a lot. Her hair was now dyed orange and she's wearing her witch hat along with other stereotypical witch type clothing.

   The scientist bows slightly as he walks inside with the witch, neither closing the door behind them, making Luna close the door instead as she mumbles something under her breath. All three make their way back over to the kitchen, where Friend is still sat, stabbing into a pumpkin. Luna quickly stands over by Friend's side, trying to show them a safer way to cut so they won't hurt themselves.

   Noticing something different, Amber speaks up, "Hey Friend, isn't it a little chilly to be wearing that?" She points at the fact they aren't wearing their usual sweater and are instead in a sleeveless shirt. The smaller shrugs and puts their knife down, turning their pumpkin to show Luna, who pats their head and praises them.

   Deciding to add something as well, Dr.L turns his attention to Amber. "And what about you? What's with the new hair change?" Amber watches Luna take a small candle, placing it inside Friend's pumpkin as she responds. "Um, I just thought It'd be a fun change for the season and Maya wanted to work a bit on her hair dyeing skills so..." He nods, also watching Friend and Luna rummage around the kitchen as they grab random things from the cupboards.

   The room fills with an awkward silence except for Luna making a unending conversation with Friend, despite the fact they can never respond. A ding sounds, indicating the pumpkin seeds are done so Luna opens the oven and looks around for her oven mitts. As she puts on the oven mitts, she turns around just in time to stop Friend, who was reaching into the oven with their bare hands.

   She quickly pushes them away and takes the tray out, basically slamming the oven shut as she grabs their hands, checking for any burn marks. Amber and Dr.L quietly chuckle at the scene, still sitting by and watching it all unfold. Thankfully, they didn't touch anything so they weren't hurt but they still got a long lecture from Luna.

   Friend was now forced to sit while Luna continued to work on her baking, no matter how many times they got up to try and help her. Sitting next to Amber, she pats their head to try and comfort them, seeing as they were upset they couldn't help Luna anymore. As the witch comforts Friend, Dr.L decides to try and remove the silence.

   "So uh... what are you making?" Luna pauses for a second, but doesn't turn around as she goes back to mixing her ingredients. "It's something I've made plenty of time before, but I don't think you guys have had any before. They're called 'pumpkin muffins'." Friend perks up when she says this, recognizing that name from somewhere.

   Trying to make sure the room doesn't go quiet again, Dr.L continues to ask Luna random questions while she works, with Amber pitching in a few times. Eventually, Luna opens the oven and puts the muffin tray in it, closing it and starting a timer before she sits at the island table next to Friend. The conversation moves from "How is your day so far?" to "What are your plans for Halloween?"

   During one discussion, Luna places her hand on Friends shoulder for just a second before immediately jerking back, causing everyone else to pause as well. "My goodness Friend! Amber was right, you're freezing! Where's your sweater at and why aren't you wearing it? You could get sick!" She takes one of said persons hands into hers, feeling how cold it is. They shrug and wave their open hand around, making Dr.L and Amber watch in confusion as Luna slowly starts to look more concerned.

   "What do you mean you couldn't find it? It was just... gone when you woke up? Well that's no good..." The room fills with silence again before Amber tries pitching in. "Well... where did you put it last?" Friend slowly looks over at Amber with an unamused expression on their face, making Amber put her hands up in a playful, defensive manner.

   "Geez, you're right! My bad!" She reaches one her hands over to ruffle Friends hair as Dr.L puts in his own statement. "To think about it, Friend won't really need their sweater as they'll have their costume on tonight... but it wouldn't hurt to look." He's barely able to finish as Luna immediately stands up from her stool.

   "You're right, L! Friend! We should go get your costume! Oh, and I can get mine as well!" She giddily rushes away and heads upstairs, leaving the other three to sit quietly again, listening to the sound of things being thrown around upstairs. As they wait, Amber takes off her jacket, revealing a orange, long sleeved shirt with a pumpkin on it, and places it around Friend.

   "There, you can keep that on when we head over to your house, so you don't freeze to death." Friend stares at her for a bit then finally smiles up at her, making Amber ruffle their hair again. Luna comes rushing down the stairs, stopping at the bottom to let the others look at what she was now wearing.

   A red bandana with white polka dots pulls back her hair, she no longer has her normal blue bow or overalls, instead wearing a light blue collared shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, and baggy jeans that are also rolled up at the bottom (Rosie the Riveter, we love strong women here <3). Friend smiles and claps as the other two just smile and give a thumbs up.

   A timer starts going off causing Luna to yelp and rush over to the oven, putting on her oven mitts to take out the muffin tray out and closing then turning off the oven. She places the tray down on the counter next to the baked pumpkin seeds, placing a cover over both and turns back around to the others.

   "Alright! We should be good now!" She walks up to Friend and starts patting their hair down, seemingly trying to fix the mess. Amber looks over at the counter and back at Luna, "Are you sure those will be good with, you know, running around the place?" Luna sighs and shakes her head, "Most likely not, but I want to help go get Friend's costume."

   Amber nods at her response, watching Luna zip up her jacket that Friend is wearing. Just as she does, another timer starts going off in Dr.L's direction. Everyone looks over at him as he groans, tapping something on his watch which makes the alarm stop. He looks over at the others, lifing his hand to rub the back of his neck.

   "Uh, sorry, I can't come along for this one... I have to go work on something..." He continues to rub his neck as Amber shrugs and Luna tells him that it's alright. She walks up to him and kisses his cheek, causing him to immediately flush red. "Good luck on your travels and whatever you're working on!" She smiles and watches him mumble out something unintelligible before rushing out the door, not closing it behind him, making Luna huff disappointedly.

   She walks over to the door as Amber snickers quietly, while Friend just stands there with the same blank smile on their face. All three head out shortly after, with Luna closing the door behind her before they all head off. The walk is relatively short, as the towns houses are all around the same vicinity, along with Emi's treehouse and Avery's cave

   Though it did take a bit as Friend would continuously stop and look around at all the different decorations they didn't see before, then Amber would have to pick them up and carry them away with Luna stressing out that Amber would hurt Friend. Eventually they get to Friend's house, Amber places Friend down for them to unlock the door. Just as they are placed back on the ground the small group gets surrounded by smoke.

   Friend sneezes a few times as Amber casts a wind spell to whisk the smoke away, to reveal a "vampire" standing in front of the door, blocking the way. Luna pulls Friend back and into her arms as Amber just stands there, staring unamused at the vampire. Pointing out her index finger, she blasts a small cast of fire towards them, making the vampire yelp and jump to the side only for the fire ball to disintegrate before it even reaches them.

   "AMBER!? WHAT THE BLOODY HELL??" The vampire, or Tycer, shouts at the witch. Amber rolls her eyes and walks past him, "You shouldn't get in peoples way if you don't intend on getting hurt." She only gets a groan from Tycer in response. Friend, who is still stuck in Luna's death grip, hears her mumble something about "irresponsible behavior" before she let's go of them to shout at the prank master.

   While Luna lectures Tycer, Friend skips on ahead next to Amber, opening the front door of their house for them both to finally enter. Amber plops herself on Friend's couch while they head into the closet under their stairs. Eventually Luna comes in after a long while of yelling at Tycer, she makes her way over to the stairs to head up.

   "What're you heading up for?" Amber is still sat on the couch but is turned fully around to watch Luna head upstairs. "I'm going to go see if Friend actually lost their sweater, I don't want them freezing out there." She continues going up as Tycer walks inside just in time to hear this.

   Looking over at Amber, he asks, "Well blimey, Friend lost their sweater?" Amber just shrugs at him, turning to look over at Friend, still rummaging through their closet. He walks over and leans on the wall near Friend, also watching them dig around. A long while of silence goes by until Luna makes her way back down the stairs.

   "You find anything?" Luna shakes her head towards Amber, "No, I looked through most of the places they'd normally put it, it looked like a few other things were missing too." Tycer seems to perk up at the last part but is quickly interrupted by Friend rushing out of their closet, holding a big white sheet.

   Everyone watches as they throw the sheet over their head then shifting it around until two small holes lay where their face was, showing their eyes. Amber and Tycer just stare as Luna smiles and claps quietly, walking up to them and fixing the sheet abit more. "That's a cute costume Friend, but we should really find your sweater, that can't be the only thing you wear tonight." Her words seem to fly over Friend's head as they spin around and bolt out the door.

   Luna quickly runs out the door after them, shouting out something about "being reckless" and a "safety hazard". After that whole thing, Tycer snaps his fingers as he turns to Amber, remembering what he wanted to say before. "Oh! Luna said a few belongings alongside Friend's sweater went missing, so I'm pondering that Avery came by and snagged it, or a tad feeling it might be Moe, did Maya spill about how Moe once stole it that bit ago?"

   They both walk out the door as he talks, Amber is about to add something before Luna shouts at them both, "CLOSE THE DOOR YOU TWO!!" Tycer slams the door shut behind him as Amber speaks up again, "Uh, anyways, It's more likely to be Avery, Maya said Avery came to her a few days ago asking if she could sew them a sweater like Friend's but she denied the request, saying she was too busy."

   Tycer nods along with everything she says, very obviously not paying attention, "but it wouldn't hurt to go ask Moe first, since she's more likely to be more cooperative..." They make it back up to Friend and Luna, who is using a hair tie to bundle and tie up some of the access sheet from Friend's costume that is dragging on the floor so they don't trip over it. Luna mumbles something about "bad influences" while Amber speaks up again.

   "Luna, we're thinking of heading over to Moe's place to ask about Friend's sweater and if shes got nothing then we might head over to Avery's." Lowering her voice while mentioning Avery, Amber knows the response she'll get from Luna when saying they'll have to deliberately go to the demon. And that reaction she got, Luna snaps her head in Amber's direction, giving a awfully forced smile while talking through her teeth, "Moe sounds like a great idea, lets go to her."

   Heading off to Moe's farm/barn, Friend gets distracted by all of the decorations again, making the walk longer than it needs to be. Tycer scoops Friend onto his shoulder, running off in the complete wrong direction, making Luna run after him, shouting at him that he's going the wrong way and to put Friend down because he'll hurt them, while Amber continues to calmly walk the way there. Eventually, they make it, Amber actually got there before the other three, Tycer holds Friend's waist and spins them around with Luna is still telling him to put them down.

   On Moe's porch is, of course, Moe herself, along with Natsu and Violet, Moe and Natsu are leaning on the railing while Violet slouches back in a rocking chair. While all that ruckus is happening, Amber walks up the porch, heading straight for Moe. The new three also seem to already be in costume, well except Violet. Moe is wearing a sort of black suit and a white collared shirt, with a red tie and black leggings, she's also holding a Leatherface mask in her hands.

   Standing beside her, Natsu has a beige colored muffle covering his mouth, up to his nose and down to his chin. His pants are orange and very baggy, and he is wearing a white straight jacket but the arms aren't tied up (Hannibal Lecter). Violet sits the most out of place, wearing her normal clothes with no hint of a costume at all.

   Stopping next to Moe, Amber immediately starts to question her, not wanting to stick near the cultist for long. "Heya Moe, me an the others over there," she points behind her at Tycer, Friend, and Luna, who are still shouting at one another, "we're just wondering if you might have Friend's sweater? Luna is freaking her head off that they might freeze and they said it was missing this morning."

   Natsu walks around the two, noticing he isn't a part of this conversation, and walks down the porch to check what all the ruckus is about. Watching Natsu walk away, Moe shakes her head, "Sorry babes, haven't touched Friend's sweater in quite awhile, well... other than when I hug them, but it's not anywhere in my storage." Luna comes up the porch as Moe talks, Tycer has finally put Friend down and is a lot more calmer with Natsu around.

   She looks over at Violet and tilts her head, "Hey Violet, where's your costume?" Violet looks over at Luna with a blank expression, " 'm wearing it, I'm a cultist..." This makes Luna more confused, "But, you're just wearing your usual clothes?" Luna points down at her outfit as Violet just shakes her head disappointedly. Watching this interaction, Moe brightens up, seeming to have remembered something.

   "Oh! Violet! When you were on your way here, didn't you say you saw Avery snooping around Friend's place, like, early this morning?" Moe smiles brightly and Violet just hums in response. Moe turns back to Amber, "There you go! I think we got the culprit!" Amber and Luna just look at eachother before Amber says a small "thank you" as they both leave.

   They head down to the others, only to find Friend alone, who points in a random direction to tell them that Tycer and Natsu just ran off. Shaking her head, Luna mumbles some more things as Amber just sighs and takes Friend's hand, leading them off to the new destination. On the walk, Luna also takes ahold of Friend to make sure they don't wander off again while coming up with a few ideas on why they shouldn't go to Avery.

   "Why do we have to go to them, that's like walking, face first, into a bear trap!" She plays with one of Friend's hands to try and calm herself. Amber shakes her head, "What're we gonna do? Just tell them to give Friend's stuff back? Hah, like that'll happen. Unless you want Friend to go to Avery, alone, and ask for their sweater back?"

   Luna quickly wraps an arm around Friend at Amber's snide comment, "No! No- Fine, we'll go take it back..." They continue to walk the rest of the way in silence, until Friend gets distracted for the millionth time and the girls have to drag them around again. Finally making it to Avery's yandere cave, Amber lifts a finger, a small ball of light cast at the end of it.

   She motions to the others to be quiet, shooting the small ball of light into the cave, brightening the cave as it goes through till it gets too far and they can't see it. Waiting, till Amber starts to walk inside, allowing the two to follow as well. Twisting and turning through the maze like halls of the cave, they slow down as a pink light starts to come from the end of one of the halls.

   Slowly going around the corner, entering inside Avery's room, they split apart and start to search around. Luna makes her way over to the large couch and short coffee table, looking underneath and between them, Amber looks around at all the pictures that litter the walls, pressing her hand up against them, looking for a secret entrance of sorts. Friend's attention gets caught on something, looking up at one of the hanging cages above.

   Crouching down and picking up a rock, they toss it so it hits one of the bars of the cage, causing the cage to yelp? Two hands grab onto the bars from the inside of the trap, looking out at the edge to see who threw the rock. Maya, who is wearing a black dress and a necklace that has a crescent moon on it (Amity <3) along with pointed boots and dark red pants, quietly gasps when she sees Friend, who waves up at her. Hearing the commotion, Amber turns around, making eye contact with Maya and quickly running up to the two.

   She lets out a whisper-yell, "Maya!? What're you doing here??" Maya shrugs back down at her, "I dunno, I think Avery was upset I didn't want to make them that sweater they asked for." A small shout makes all of them turn around, Luna is being held up, off the ground by one hand of Avery's, who is wearing Friend's sweater. They glare at the others and smile widely, showing off their sharp canine teeth in a threatening like manner, but the smile almost immediately drops when they see Friend.

   Giving a softer smile this time, they use their open hand to wave at Friend, "Hi Friend! I should've known you where here! Did Amber use something to disguise your smell?" Friend calmly waves back but Amber immediately grabs their arm and puts it back down, which Avery growls at. "Avery! Put Luna down and let Maya go! Also- Why are you wearing Friend's sweater? It's way to small for you." Amber points their palm, which is glowing and has lines of light wrapped around it, at Avery.

   They only roll their eyes, not phased by Amber's show of magic. "You can have your little girlfriend back, but I'm keeping the sweater! If Maya were to just make that sweater I asked for then I wouldn't have to take Friend's for my costume!" Placing Luna on the ground, they lightly shove her to the others, walking over to a wall with a large lever on it.

   Pulling down the lever, all of the cages quickly fall and crash on the floor, Amber quickly rushes over to Maya to make sure she's alright. Luna starts to shout at Avery as they, effortlessly, walk over her and next to Friend, making them mess with their costume uncomfortably. "You can't just keep Friend's sweater, it's theirs! What're they supposed to wear?"

   What she says just flys over Avery's head as they try and pet Friend's hair but because they have a sheet over their head, Avery instead just rubs their head awkwardly, awkward for Friend that is. "Come on, "mom", it's just for a day! Besides, I don't think Friend minds~" They lean down so their face is at the same level as Friend's.

   The small ghost quickly shakes their head in response, but because they're covered with a sheet, no one can tell if they nodded or shook their head, so Avery just takes it as a yes. "See! If they really need something to cover with, I'll let them borrow some of my-" Luna quickly rushes over and pulls Friend away from the demon while Amber helps Maya walk towards the exit.

   "No, no thank you, we're good, we'll be going now!" Luna quickly runs out of the room with Friend, right behind Amber and Maya. Watching all of them run off, Avery patiently waits till they hear everyone fully exit the cave, planning on following and watching them the whole night. Well, mostly watch Friend, it's not like anyone will notice or anything, they never noticed before. :]

************************************

*Aggressively makes Tycer speak in British slang*

One of my favorite things to add whenever I'm writing with Luna in the story, is her weird stick with people not closing doors behind them, I just think it's funny- and gives off real mom vibes-

Also, I know Moe and Natsu left the VR Squad, but I already wrote their parts in before they left and I'm not gonna just take them out because that'd be rude.
And I was also writing this before Ava and Jax came in so they aren't here. Maybe next Halloween they will be :]
And I forgot Emi existed....

Anyways- Howdy y'all! Hope you have a good Halloween (and Thanksgiving) or any other holidays you may celebrate!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 541 41
I decided to write some oneshots, because why not? The oneshotes are going to be from those youtubers: Skydoesminecraft House_Owner ThatguyBarney Red...
4.2K 95 12
FINISHED! This is quite an old book, I keep it on here because it gives me confidence and I like looking back on my old work. Please don't expect an...
162K 5.8K 199
Just my two otps Who obviously love each other Hope you like these [ This has basically turned into a multi-ship oneshot book and I barely write nat...
12.1K 117 36
Includes smut. Strong language. May have some triggering stories/references. But apart from that, they are pretty straight forward. I hope you enjoy...