Within the heart of the Ocean

By KumaWrites22

The plot revolves around eighteen-year-old Luke Fisher, who suffers from being viewed as an outsider by both... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: Between Sea and Darkness
Final Chapter: I'm Now Within the Heart

Chapter 1: No Life Above

41 5 25
By KumaWrites22

The deep sea is truly a world of mystery's, mankind has evolved, knowing what is outside our entire solar system, even from light years away from here, while in earth what lies in the deep sea is still a mystery, more than a quarter are still undiscovered, but many assumed that there is nothing down there with the exception of aquatic creatures such as fish, starfish and seaweed, because for humans is impossible to explore deeper do to the immense danger lying down there, just one mistake and your life has already reached the finish line, but in this story is not the humans fault, but the sea's mistake, where they took the innocent man's life without hesitation, and to amend the fault they gifted the man a second chance, to man who thinks he is not part of both worlds.

I never taught that one day I will died this early, I just turned eighteen yet I died quickly, you may wondering what happened, why am I suddenly talking about death? And how I died?

You see it all started with fishing,

I was laying in bed, looking at the wooden ceiling, My older brother was repairing a fishing pole, while i was wandering in my own thoughts.

Tomorrow is going to be my birthday, but it doesn't seem that my family even cared.

I'm part of the a well known fisherman's family called the Fishers, what a coincidence. Our family name has been known around the town as one of the greatest fisherman who are capable on catching incredibly rare fish and survive the rage of the torrential storm and waves, until I arrived.

My name is Luke Fisher, I have six siblings. Three older than me and three younger than me, I'm practically the middle child of the bunch.

We all one day have to take care our Father and mother family business, we don't only go in the sea to catch fish, we also own a restaurant near the shore called, Finding Dolphin's.

With the rare fish we catch, we then bring to back to our restaurant and cooked, making tons of wild delicacy that many people would enjoy munching on it.

Sometimes we go to the city and sell them depending on how rare the fish we got our hands.

Is one of the greatest life you could ever have, already successful, until I am here.

As you already know, my name is Luke, but many of the town they know me as Bad Luck Luke or sometimes as Unlukey do to how similar is to Unlucky and how my name match.

Do you know why they call me that?

Well it's kind of obvious, whenever I'm around bad luck is always there.

Anything I do is completely dangerous not only to the environment but also to the safety of the people who I encounter.

Every time I try to do something I always end up in a predicament, no matter how big or small the outcome is always the same.

One time I was grabbing a case of empty bottles, until one fell off and broke the statue of Poseidon.

Another time is after finishing on cleaning, I leaned at the fountain where it suddenly cracked and the water flood everywhere and one time during a festival I was bringing back one of the fireworks where it suddenly ignited on its own, without me doing anything, it suddenly burst, shooting everywhere, igniting the rest of the fireworks where instead on shooting upwards it was releasing among the crowd.

This isn't some sort of amusement, I'm not saying to lighten up the mood this is serious for me.

Is not a joke that I would love to talk about, because it prevented me from achieving my dream.

Because, when i suddenly got so unlucky I was neglected by the majority of the townsfolk, including my own family.

Every time I wanted to do something, they tried to find excuses to avoid me doing so.

I didn't care if they don't want me around, but I would be lying if say it hurts knowing that people around me they don't want my help.

Especially if it's from your family.

There was only one thing I wanted to do, something that it hold dearly to me in life, to find the Eternal Blue.

As i grew up, I found the true splendor behind the blue waves, there is a whole different world under the sea.

I remember when my father used to take me and my brothers around the blue ocean, it was truly magnificent, I always felt a cold windy breeze emitted from the wind, and the rays shining on us from above the skies.

If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't have never learned how to fish.

As a kid I always had trouble handling a fishing pole, I didn't know how to use. I remember one time when I thought I finally caught my first fish, but when I pulled it out it was an old cowboy boot.

But there was one place where you can find the most unique, and few and far between types of fishes that nobody's has ever seen. Fish that you can find in one of the sevens seas. This place is called the Eternal Blue, it is said is where all the seven seas meet at a specific location where all the fishes from all the worlds lives in one place.

Is a paradise for fisherman's like me, but unfortunately the last time I sailed across the sea it was almost ten years ago.

After bad luck came into my life.

My father, he usually brings us who are interested in fishing, while those who instead they don't want to go travel by sea, they stay at the diners helping mom and others.

I always wanted to follow his footsteps because we both have the same dream, something that we both have in common, we both want to find the Eternal Blue.

Now I'm stuck back at home, my father refused me to come with him, it took me a while when I realized how serious it was my bad luck.

I never thought that my bad luck could affect others like this, treating me like an outcast.

usually in order to be helpful in some way I usually bring Apple Blossom flowers, at the city, those flower are really important for my family, hence I was the only one who knew where to find them, so everybody who sees one they think about me.
Whoever most of the time I spend my life in my bedroom where I stare at the ceiling, while my lamp is dangling, illuminating its surroundings.

Every time there was a moment I wanted to cry, there was moment I wanted to scream. But I don't have the strength to tell how I feel.

I always end up traveling deep within my thoughts, in a dark void of emptiness trying to find my calling.

As I was laying in bed, my brother whom I shared the room with, was busy repairing
A fishing pole. My father gifted him the fishing pole, it was originally meant for me but instead I didn't get anything.

Before receiving this bad luck, my dad promised me that when I turn eighteen, he will always take me across the sea, where will be searching for the Eternal Blue. I may not be able to work at the diner, but at least this one, I really want to achieve this dream no matter what. I really do, but unfortunately it will not happen anytime soon.

While I was staring at the ceiling, my father suddenly came in to our room bursting through the door, at first I jump with excitement, thinking that finally I can set sail, instead he was looking for my brother.

I was a bit disappointed, so after he finished talking with my brother, when he was alone, I mustered the courage I never had, to finally talk with my father about my time to finally set sail.

When I tried to have a conversation with my father, he pretty much ignored everything I said, he doesn't pay attention on what I'm saying, all he can say is "Ok Son", but whenever I talk about the sea, he doesn't give me an answer.

I insisted on talking me into this, I tried to persuade him to let me join.

I asked and asked, until he finally snapped.

"Listen kid, stop bothering, I don't have time for silly games, you got that, so stop pestering me on going back to the sea, it's final period"

Hearing those words breaks my heart.
He made a promised and he broke it.

Seriously I'm going to be eighteen I'm not a kid anymore, I'm an adult who needs to be freed from this cage and let loose on the wilderness.

Instead they chain me in my room because of my un required predicament, I never asked to be an unfortunate person. I'm not asking much, I just want to finally sail in the Ocean to finally find the Eternal Blue.

I'm done listening to everybody who look down on me.

I've decided. Tonight I'm going to set sail.
If they don't want me to achieve my dream, they got it wrong. I'm going to the sea.

For the entity of the night, I was preparing, planning all the necessities to finally travel the sea.

When the tomorrow turned today, I was ready to commence my plan.

There was one problem, the town is full of people, since they know who I am, it will be difficult to grab a boat without getting notice. I can't go at night, because is more dangerous than going out on broad daylight.

Fortunately I know a place where I can sneak out. Me and my brothers once found a abandoned sails boat in a cave under the town, where a smile course of water pass through, since my father doesn't want to hand me one, I decided to repair this one so I can finally use it one day.

And today "is" the day.

When I went to the cave i grabbed the boat and left with excitement.

I did it. I manage to sail without problems.

It proves that my bad luck is just pure coincidence.

Until I spoke to soon.

There was a problem with my boat.

There was no wind.
It was moving but rather slowly. In order to maneuver this boat, I had to paddle all in my own. I was doing great until I was spotted by someone.

You guess it, it was none other than my father.

I couldn't use the wind to escape.
As they shout my name, I tried my best rowing away, until my arms gave out.

It was a awkward reunion, I manage to stay at sea for almost an hour until I got caught.

My father wasn't happy seeing me, and my brothers, they were smirking behind my father, looking at me with amuse.

"Hey dad" I said with a smile while I was curling up.

They brought me in their boat, while the other was completely left behind.

I tried avoid the situation but my father is not letting me.

He stood right in front of me, with obvious anger in his face.

The mood was quite intense but rather silent. Nobody dared to utter one word.

He was looking at me, he didn't say anything except "we're taking you back" with a deep a grouchy voices

He was about to live, but I couldn't handle my frustration.

"I'm not going back"

My father halted for a second and look at me.

"What did you say?"

"I said I'm not going back" I replied by repeating the same words I said.

"You are not staying here and it's final" he responded.

"Why? Tell me the reason why I can't join you?"

What he said next, the cut that I had penetrate deeper, injuring me further that it had.

"It's because you will end up hurting somebody".

I heard many people saying the same thing, but nobody has ever said it right to my face.

I never expected that someone who would say it to me would be my own father, my own family.

"After I started to be so unlucky, for all my life, I was neglected by everybody, from everyone in town, from people who knew me since birth, i didn't care what they say, but I never expected that my own father would think of me like that, I thought that with this bad luck of mine, you and everybody from my family will still see me as Luke, I guess I was wrong"

The atmosphere went serious after I said what I truly feel, everything went dark, until we both realize it was really dark.

We were both confuse what was going on we looked outside and suddenly nightfalls followed by a raging storm, causing the sea to move aggressively.

"Wasn't there a bright sun out there" I said it

"It doesn't make any sense, the weather cast stated it was going to be sunny for all month, what is going on"

My father realize the dire situation and quickly order everybody to turn the ship back to land.

I was about to do the same thing but my father and brothers quickly told me to stay put.

I was back stuck inside the room while the others are doing something important, I looked out at the window, witness the rage of the sea and sky.

What is going on?

I was looking around until I noticed there was something that caught my eye, it was quite dark but it was enough for me to spot something in the sea.

There was someone, a person, a child to be more specific, with a bright blonde hair, for unknown reason her hair was glowing, it looked like it was signaling our help. She was struggling, I realize that the girl will drown if nobody saves her.

Ignoring my fathers order I left the room, I tried to warn the other about the girl, but nobody believed me so I grab any boat I could get my hands on.

When I drop in the sea with a boat, I could hear my father and others voices yelling at me to come back.

I couldn't let someone die in my watch, I was getting closer at her, I was at range where my hands could reach her.

I yelled "grab my hand"

She was about to reach out to me, when suddenly a sudden whirlpool started to form, unfortunately the girl was caught at the current,

She was being dragged along, spinning slowly around.

I was witnessing in horror, I trembled in fear, if I don't do anything the girl will be dragged downwards at the bottom of the sea, killing her.

So without thinking, I jump in the whirlpool, where I grabbed her and hold her tight, the current was strong, I swam fast as hard as I can, but for some reason it felt like someone was grabbing from behind, I felt an invincible hand holding my legs, un able to from escape.

I noticed a boat with my father and my brothers on it, reached out to me with their hands

I don't know why but it felt that I won't be able to escape from the whirlpool, so the last thing I did is, I put my life jacket in her, and pushed her right at them.

I saw them save her, but unfortunately they can't save me, I was getting sucked at the center of the whirlpool, I could hear them screaming at my name calling for me.

I heard only the voice from my family, until I was dragged down underwater, I couldn't swim, everything went silent, I was holding my breath, but it wasn't enough, I couldn't breathe anymore, I lost my composure , I lost my energy, I lost my reason and especially I lost my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 54 11
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
2M 98.7K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
90.9K 2.6K 21
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။