That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 14: String of fate

1.3K 72 84
By elite3532

3rd Pov

The training ground tense, the students went back to their practice...fighting those beasts but the cold atmosphere didn't leave.

As Dawn was standing in the back line alone...it was clear after this most of the rumors about him being an inapt to magic, a trash swordsman or just failure as the father tried to imply.

All these were overlapped by their fear and the intimidation just shown.

Still because he wasn't favored by the teacher...he was still forbidden to participate despite the teacher themself knowing the bad outcome if Dawn happened to rampage.

Luna was in front taking on one of the monsters with her squad, her eyes falling behind from time to time...

She merely did her job restraining the monster for the knights to attack...

Funny enough, there was more teacher guarding Dawn than the monsters...this was just how big the impact of his action was just now.

Lyra : (I can't believe it...his ice magic was beyond the level of even the likes of me...)

Lyra wasn't much focused on her task, Luna was strong enough to take care of everything herself so Lyra allowed herself to doze off a little.

Her eyes directed toward that boy who had broken all rumors on his back...as an ice user, she understood how hard and big of a feat he just displayed.

Lyra : (Why...why can't I just be the best somewhere...first miss Sola and now him...)

She couldn't be the best of her grade, now she couldn't be the best ice user...her pride definitely took a huge hit.

Lyra : (I-i...i don't know what to do...why did i born in such a generation filled with genius...)

Sola Pov

Things sure turned unexpectedly well at least Dawn-kun is out of those pathetic claims, I was kind of annoyed when I heard or people talked about him without having even met him.

But now, look at them avoiding his gaze...it's kind of funny.

I chuckled and turned back my attention toward my group...the prince and princess sure aren't what you usually expect.

They are horrendously weak yet they managed to pass the practice with ease...just with their intelligence.

It's a great talent and ability but in a world where skill and power is supreme, this is kind of less attractive.

Sola : Mou, and I'm stuck here...

I pouted, crossing my arms.

3rd Pov

As the course of events continued, the day soon ended for the rise of a new sun.

Then comes their two day break from school...you could say it's the weekend for them as the student body just goes to rest to better start a new week.

Dawn got up early in the morning and went out. He didn't have much planned since he was going to grab something to eat and head to the training ground or library.

But things didn't turn the way he wanted...as the moment he got out of his room.

Dawn : Huh ?

Luna : Hi.

Sitting on the ground, her arm around her knee...Luna was there hugging a book.

Dawn : What are you doing ?

Luna : Waiting you.

Dawn : I could have not gone out at all you know...

Luna : Then I would have waited ?

She tilted her head before getting up.

Luna : Where are you going ?

Dawn : Grab some food.

Luna nodded and waited...the awkward silence suggested that she was waiting for Dawn to move...

He sighed and just complied as Luna followed his step...

Dawn : (This girl is becoming too dependent on me...)

Well he couldn't complain much as he himself was dependent on Snowie so he just kept it shut and walked.
After getting out of the building, another unexpected encounter occurred.

Leo : Well well, i didn't expect to meet the both of you on this break day.

Dawn : Another two...

The prince and princess were also out and coincidentally met our duo.

Leo : Where are you two going ? A date~

Dawn : No.

Luna : I don't know.

Leo : Pff, you two sure are something.

Ria : (I don't think it's a compliment...)

Anyway, after some light talk the two royalty joined the group...at this point a few students noticed them and rumors spread out.

A little later...they crossed paths with yet another duo...

Sola : Ohh, if it's not Dawn-kun and the rest !

Lyra : What a surprising group...

Dawn : You two now...

Dawn sighed, it seemed nothing would go as he wanted today anyway at the end, they all headed to a restaurant together.

Dawn and Sola were talking quietly on the way...

Sola : By the way, don't you find it funny ? Sola for the sun, Luna for the moon and Dawn for the rise, we just need Dusk and we're all fit !

Dawn : Well, it sure is a rather big coincidence (Or is it ? This naming sense is very familiar to me...)

On the side, Luna was listening but didn't try or care to understand...she just walked.

Another person who was listening was Ria, she was a bit confused as those english words weren't from her vocabulary and for her they were just random names without meaning.

Lyra too was listening but she cared more about the prince and tried to be closer with him...which made Leo kind of uncomfortable.

Ultimately they reached their destination and sat down...it was a luxurious restaurant suggested by the prince.

Now sat, they waited for the food to come...

Leo : By the Dawn and Luna, did you two already choose your options ?

Dawn : Option ? (He is probably talking about the extra-activity curriculum provided by the school.)

Leo : Yes, at the start of next year we are forced to take more classes...it's still far away but it's better to choose early because some of the popular options often get packed up.

Dawn : Well, I still have yet to look at them...(Honestly speaking, I don't know...the thought of leaving this school came into mind after yesterday...)

Sola : I'm sure Dawn-kun would love the traveling class.

At this mention, Dawn's head perks up.

Dawn : Traveling class ?

Sola : It's not very popular as it lacks class but you basically learn more about geography and I think you get a field trip out of Muth for a month or so.

Dawn ; I see (This might be worth it.)

Leo smirked as he somehow managed to read Dawn, it was clear nothing would interest him more.

Wella s long as it's not something absurd like having access to the royal archive and the kingdom's secret.

Leo : And you miss Luna ?

Luna : I'll take the superior magic class.

Lyra : Oh, then you'll be my junior there too.

Luna just nodded, her option was imposed by her adopted father...it's basically the higher studies for elemental magic.

Leo : Haha, this is promising, for info me and Ria will both take diplomatic class.

Dawn : That isn't surprising.

Leo : Well...haha.

As he laughed awkwardly, the few waiters came in nervous as they were still serving this kingdom's royalty.

Giving them a feast-like meal, they left as soon as they could.

They ate in silence except for a few light talk until, and surprisingly the silent princess spoke up.

Ria : May I ask a question, sir Dawn ?

Dawn : Huh ? Sure... (Really now...sir ? I will never get used to this.)

Ria : A week ago, you had fought Miss Luna in a spar here but at that time you used a sword made of ice...it was certainly magic but at the same time swordsmanship.

Her words were like a revelation for others...it was true, they were too blind and focused on the display of ice manipulation that they forgot about this detail.

Ria : But I could clearly see your sword technique is much more advanced...

Dawn : You noticed that...(Her instinct and eyes are problematic...)

Sola : (This girl is perceptive...should i help?)

Turning toward her friend, Sola shook her head...if she made a bad move it would worsen everything.

A bad ally is much worse than ten strong enemies.

Dawn : Well, I'm a fan of the hero Arceid...he was my ancestor and used a sword...so I learned from that.

Sola : (Hero Arceid...he was the founder of his family and genius swordsman...his first name was I think Lance...)

Lyra : (This hero had won multiple war and is the main reason for the Arceid former glory.)

Leo : (Contrary to the rest of the Arceid family, he was the only swordsman.)

Ria : Then why switch to magic when you have such a talent for swords ?

Dawn : Mmh...because magic is more diverse.

Ria's eyes met with Dawn's...they had a short contest before Ria nodded, she secretly admitted defeat not believing his words but couldn't do much.

Ria : I see, thank you for answering.

Sola : (It's like watching two big shots talking about business...)

After that they resumed the meal, afterward they left all walking while talking.

Through, Dawn influenced them directly because...he wanted to go to the training field, Luna and Leo followed him, Ria and Lyra followed Leo and Sola...she just followed the group.

Unfortunately for them, they could have a calm travel as Dawn's luck today with encounters was at its lowest.

Crossing through a small park, they stumbled on a group of ten people.

Aaron : Well well, if it isn't miss Luna.

Suddenly appearing with ten of his dogs behind, Aarong still had his arrogant behavior and ignored everyone before stopping in front of Luna.

Kneeling down, he tried to grab her hand and kiss it but the girl quickly stepped backward.

Hiding behind Dawn, the count gritted his teeth.

Dawn : Sorry but you're on the way.

Aaron : Y-you...you dare talk to me like that !

Getting up, it seems he had overcome the fear Dawn installed into everyone last day...the dogs behind him readying their wave of insult and meaningless attack.

Leo : Now now, we should be here.

Interposing himself between Dawn and Aaron...he smiled, his presence alone set everyone down.

Aaron : Y-your highness, i didn't see you.

Backing away, Aaron's attitude quickly changed.

Dawn : (You think I will let you off the hook ?)

His eyes growing colder, he felt something tickle in his soul when he touched Luna and for that...

All : !!!

A sudden cold aura released, everyone, ally or enemy, was paralyzed.

Dawn : (Go easy Snowie, i wouldn't want to commit a genocide.)

Snowie : (As your wish.)

Taking a step forward, Dawn's breath was materialized under the form of a mist, his body temperature decreasing.

He stopped when he was in front of this pathetic count.

Dawn : I'll tell you this once, don't get in my way.

Placing his hand on his shoulder, at the same time his gray eyes turning blue...he had Snowie's magicule overdraw his own...at the moment his body had more spiritual magicule than the human known as Dawn.

A little more and he would change his appearance even more.

Sola : (I guess his second unique skill is just like that...unique skill : Author, the effect and capability of it are still unknown to me but i'm sure...the current phenomenon is because of this.)

The unique skill : Author, until recently Dawn wasn't even able to properly activate the skill...

It allows his imagination to come to reality, or rather it allows him to rewrite things...just now he had rewrote the property of his body in a way where he would be able to receive Snowie's magicule without after effect.

Fortunately, he used this because a single utilization would have ripped his consciousness away and cost all his magicule.

But since his reserve was immediately filled with Snowie's magicule he could continue.

Dawn : I'll kill you next time.

Tapping his shoulder, the pressure was released as Dawn continued to walk ...leaving everyone behind shocked and fearful.

Aaron fell on his butt, again it was the second time Dawn made him fall...his pride was shattered and replaced with fear.

Leo and the other were too shocked to move while Sola just stared at Dawn's back.

Sola : (Power comes with loneliness...since i'm the supposed genius, no one really dared come to me...i didn't care much but i can't help but feel worried for you Dawn-kun.)

Fortunately Sola's worries were quickly bashed out when Luna moved and just followed ignoring the tense atmosphere.

Sola : (Maybe i watched too much anime...not everything is like there after all we aren't in a story.)

Smiling, she turned away and readied herself to leave too.

Luna Pov

As I followed Dawn, he suddenly took a turn in an alley...I got confused as this isn't the way to the training ground but nonetheless followed.

What truly shocked me is that the moment I turned around the corner, I stopped catching an unconscious body...

Luna : Huh ?

Using most of my strength to support it...Dawn just collapsed ? This power earlier was on another level...did it drain all his mana ?

He is heavy...I struggled in laying him down without hurting him...

Luna : What should I do...

Looking at him, he didn't think he would wake up soon...we are in the middle of the city, the training ground is 10 minutes on foot.

The dorms are 30 minutes away...and we are currently in the commercial part of the area so finding an Inn or somewhere to rest is very unlikely.

Luna : Mmh ?

As I was thinking of a solution, something attracted my attention...there was no sun or any sort of light but somehow it happened.

A sort of reflection hit my eyes as my eyes stumbled on something under Dawn's shirt, around his chest area.

Luna : Huh ?

My eyes...it feels the same as when I use my divine blessing...Observer.

But why now ? I didn't activate it...should i look ?

I opened my mouth before closing it, no words coming out. I decided to follow my instinct and reached my hand down.

Tracing my hand around his neck, I found out what that object was, a necklace...pulling the main of the object out of his shirt . It was a crescent shaped silver moon...

Luna : I didn't know he had that...

My mind dozed off an instant as I remembered that Miss Sola had one too but a sun.

They are half siblings from what I know so it isn't a coincidence...but why are my eyes attracted to this...

It's as if...fate led me to hold this necklace.

Luna : Mayb-

I suddenly released the necklace, holding my head instead...an intense headache overlapping all my sensation.

I gritted my teeth as it became unbearable...only a silent voice reached my mind.

???: It's not time yet.

Luna : Huh ?

W-what happened...what am i doing ? Looking around, I noticed Dawn on the ground...oh, right he had collapsed...and I was thinking about what to do...

Luna : I feel like I forgot something...

Did something happen to me ? Why do I feel I miss something very important ?

This is confusing me...

3rd Pov

After this weird event, Luna decided to stay there waiting for Dawn...the sun already settled down and finally he opened his eyes.

By that time, Luna was already asleep as he found himself resting on her lap...this was a very cliche scene but he didn't mind it.

It might be generic but it's not everyday you sleep on a woman's lap that isn't your lover.

After that, he took her back to her dorm and himself went back to his...ending this day.

Months then passed and finally new things started...chaos or order.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.6K 64
Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would rather have forgotten and left back on Ear...
13.5K 172 23
Tensura x (OP Female and Male OC) Tensei shitara slime datta ken Fanfiction Description: (Changed) This is the story of an Unknown individual with ma...
18.5K 382 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
118 8 7
"Does it seem like I desire reincarnation?" After reading a book with a tragic ending, our main character finds himself becoming a magnet for calamit...