The Curse Of The Alpha

By Midika

"So you're a virgin, then." He says it so blatantly it rattles me to the core. "No! I mean, would it matter i... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

31

3.6K 125 27
By Midika

Word Count: 2056

~Meara

I hurry down the stairs, shoving a coat over my shoulders as I go.

Time is of the essence. I need to do this today.

As I expected, Sire is in his office, pouring over who knows what. I haven't asked him because I'm afraid the answer will reveal a diabolical plan that I don't want to be privy to.

I need to focus on one thing at a time.

He looks up from his desk as I wander in, hushing my rushed breathing.

"Can you take me to Hazel?" I ask lightly.

I made my decision in the early hours of this morning. Part of me is curious...would Carran even consider it, or would he blow me off? Regardless, the driving force behind my decision is the other repercussion of ending the curse with Sire.

Carran will want to know how it ended, and if he asks the right people and the right questions, he will know Sire has been released from his tomb.

I can't let that happen. Carran would kill Sire.

"We can both talk to her," Sire offers, rising from his chair.

"I want to see her, on my own." I rub the back of my neck uncomfortably, hoping I'm not being too obvious. He doesn't trust me right now, since I'm baulking going through with the alignment. "While I'm there I'll ask her about the ceremony."

Doubt mists in his eyes. "Are you certain?"

I'm not certain of anything. At every turn I feel like I'm making a mistake, and now, I want to make sure I can do the right thing by as many people as possible.

Even if it means making Sire hate me forever. At least he would be alive.

"I just want some alone time with her," I muse, smoothing my sweating palms down the front of the coat.

Sire smiles tightly. "Alright."

I let out a long breath, relieved that he isn't pushing it. He knows Hazel is my best, and only friend, and I've been missing home since I've been spending every night at Sire's manor.

Without much discussion between us, Sire transports me outside of Hazel's house. A faint, misty rain flutters across my skin as my feet land on the gravel driveway.

He gives me a long look as I untangle my fingers from his. "I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"See you then," I murmur, casting my eyes away. He probably isn't going to see me later.

He vanishes, leaving me standing in the rain, wondering if I'm making a mistake.

Turning, I trot up Hazel's porch steps, knocking on the door. She isn't home, which is expected. She looks after children at a facility in the centre of the Pack's main city. It's one of the only places that is open anymore.

Fishing her spare key out from under a porch ornament, I unlock her door and step inside. She has always told me I could borrow her car while she was at work, since she usually catches a ride with a coworker.

Today, I'm going to finally take her up on her offer.

I quickly write up a note and stick it to her fridge before grabbing her keys and heading out the door. I'm not sure I have much of a plan so far, I'm just following my heart.

The drive into the city gives me enough time to decide what I'm going to say to Carran when I get to his sprawling manor on the other side of the city. I'm going to see how willing he is to do this, then decide from there.

Carran's manor sits atop a small hill. Part of me thinks it's purposeful so he can look out over his subordinates.

I pull up to the gate, winding the window down.

A guard strolls up to my window, stooping down to look at me.

"He will want to see me," I tell him flatly. I'm not going to waste time. I need to get in there as soon as possible, I just hope this guard is going to believe me.

He raises a sceptical brow. "I'm sure he will."

"Ask him, right now," I say, gesturing up past the gate, up the smooth ivory driveway and to the manor itself. "Tell him Meara is here to ask him something. Something very important."

He could just turn me away, assuming I'm just another girl falling at the Alpha's feet, wanting a chance with him.

Carran may be vaguely handsome, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to be with him.

I suppose that's foolish of me to say, because here I am...

"Fine. Wait here," he mutters.

I watch as he approaches the other guard. They talk briefly, before one of them presses the intercom next to them and speaks into it.

My fingers tap impatiently against the steering wheel. After the stunt Carran pulled the other night, he will definitely want to speak to me.

The gates suddenly grind open, the guard motioning up the driveway. "Alright. Go ahead."

I drive up, unimpressed with the extensive gardens and neatly trimmed formal lawn. This is all for show, to hide the poisonous person that resides within.

The front doors open for me the moment I step out. I walk in with my shoulders squared back, trying to calm my erratic breathing. I need this to go well.

Carran sweeps into the foyer, followed closely behind by a tall man and a stout little maid. He waves them off as he approaches me, that familiar smirk pressing against his lips.

"Well, isn't this a surprise." He clasps his hands, rubbing them together.

I swallow uncomfortably, looking at the guards that opened the door for me. "Can we talk in private?"

"Certainly." He nods at me to follow him. "Can I ask what this is about?"

"The curse," I murmur, following him through the house. With each step, I can't help but wonder if Sire will take over this, when he finally gets his revenge. This place has always housed Alpha's, although I doubt my mate will want to continue that practice.

"Oh, so I'm not going to be asked on a date, then?" he asks, grinning at me.

I rub the back of my neck. "No, but it's not so dissimilar."

He opens the door to a private sitting. I step inside, shuddering out how intimate this feels.

"I'm officially intrigued," he murmurs, pressing the door closed, bathing in silence.

"I know of a witch who was connected to those who first put Sire underground. She told me how to end the curse," I explain, choosing my words carefully. The last thing I want to do is implicate Sire.

Carran falls into a plush red chair, crossing his legs at his ankles. "Go on."

I don't sit. It feels too much like I plan on staying here, which is the worst idea. I'm going to say what needs to be said, gauge his reaction, then go away for a bit to finally decide on my final plan.

"I need to undergo a ceremony called alignment, which is a-"

He waves his hand dismissively. "I know about witches and their strange practices."

"Well, I need to go through this with either my mate, or the current Alpha," I explain tentatively. I hate saying it aloud. The witches didn't know it at the time, but the words they included into the curse are going to haunt me forever.

Carran leans forward, his smile growing more sinister as he realises what's happening. I'm not sure why, but part of me expected him to be disgusted at the thought. He may want to take me on a date, but being connected so intimately doesn't seem like something he would be interested in.

"Ah, and because your mate is underground, it has to be us."

"Is this something you are willing to do, knowing all the consequences?" I fear his answer.

He sighs, rubbing his chin. He's balancing the risks, the benefits...he's deciding whether saving his people is worth what comes next.

"I'm willing to do anything to save this Pack," he decides finally. "And, I can imagine being tied to worse people."

I avert my eyes. "Okay...I just wanted to know if you will do it."

"We will do it. We have to," he states firmly. "This curse needs to end."

If there is anything we agree on, it's that the curse needs to end. Problem is, I want to consult Hazel first. She always has a fair, unbiased view.

I look toward the door. "Right..."

"Let's go now." He stands, reaching his hand out to me. My eyes widen, panic gathering in my chest.

No. I can't let him force me into this now.

"Woah, do you even know what we would have to do, I mean...I'm not ready to be connected to you yet." The words stumble out quickly, desperately. "Or sleep with you, for that matter."

He tucks his hands behind his back, realising he's freaked me out.

"We shouldn't wait long," he says instead. If he is offended that I said I didn't want to sleep with him, he doesn't let it show.

"We go tomorrow. I need to ask my friend about something first, okay?"

Tomorrow may be soon, but I don't plan on sticking around long enough to be found by him again. Unless of course, Hazel tells me, or I decide my best option is Carran, and that I need to do everything to save Sire.

"You love to keep me waiting, don't you." He brushes his fingers down my cheek, smiling gently.

I would feel bad about this if he hadn't put Sire back underground again. He can't be trusted, regardless of what he says to me.

Thankfully Carran lets me go, and I waste no time heading to an old motel I remember driving past. There is every chance Sire will find me, but my hope is if he tries to track me, he will lose his lead at Carran.

I don't want him to assume the worst, but that may just have to do for the time being.

I'm given a room key with sceptical looks, considering my lack of baggage and the frantic look in my eye. I promptly lock myself in the room, backing up until the backs of my knees hit the bed.

I'll wait till dusk and head over to Hazel's. If I'm lucky, Sire won't come to collect me until then, and I'll just tell him I want to stay over at my friends for the night.

I flop onto the bed, trying not to think of how eerily vacant this place is, or how afraid of the curse people are.

It's my duty to stop this. I need to make my decision.

Groaning, I push myself up on my elbows. I'll have a bath and think this through. That always works.

I stand, turning toward the bathroom. As I do, a slight gust of wind brushes against the back of my neck, making me pause.

"Uh oh," I breathe.

Slowly, I turn, already knowing what I'm going to see. Sure enough, Sire stands near the door, dark blue eyes narrowed, hands seated in his pockets.

"Yeah." He takes a step toward me. "Uh oh."

"Look, I can explain," I tell him, holding my hands out in front of me. I don't have an excuse made up in my head yet, but I'll tell him anything to ensure this doesn't blow out of proportion.

He tilts his head to the side. "Sure you can."

I anticipate his movement before he makes it, but I'm still not quick enough in stepping away. He grabs my wrists, his intentions clear.

"Sire-"

It's too late. The world immediately falls away at my feet, and before I know it, I'm back in Sire's manor.

Trapped.

💚••💚

Want more?? This story is available 10 chapters ahead on Goodnovel! (: 

Thanks for reading (:

Check out The Alpha's Prize on Wattpad now!!

"...I've never had an orgasm before!" I blurt out, backing away a few steps.

He sits up, dark hair ruffled and messy from the fingers I ran through it. His eyes, once wide, slowly darken.

"You what?" He breathes.

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
1.3K 40 51
****WARNING!!! This book has themes in it that may be triggering for some. (Rape, sexual assault, violence, strong language) please proceed with caut...
355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
534K 20.1K 46
"You...You what?" Kastriv examines my husband with an unforgiving, ice cold gaze. "I want to fuck your wife. And you're going to let me." *** Aspen h...