Paint it Black

By MongVie

Twelve Nameday Daemon Targaryen wakes up alone in the tent in the middle of nowhere with his father's sword a... More

Awoken
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

816 29 0
By MongVie

"Princess Rhaenys I didn't mean to disrespect you by declining your offer to make Laena as one of my ladies..."

Rhaenys put down her cup; her expression was unreadable.

"It's not about Laena, it's all me," Rhaenyra started, "As you know the whole thing with the current Queen... it's still affecting me... quite bad..."

Rhaenys expression soften, "Rhaenyra..."

"I know I have to overcome it, I try, God knows I try..." Rhaenyra took a deep breath. "That's why—"

"Hmm?"

"—I came up with other solutions."

Rhaenys raised her eyebrow.

"Since I'm going to take care of Queen's court duties alongside my main duties as princess of Dragonstone, I thought the only best way to handle everything is with having my own council,"

Rhaenys sipped her tea; Rhaenyra could see her interest in the idea.

"And because this council would work professionally.... I intend to hire a widower or a married lady with more experience rather than a younger lady."

"That would work." Rhaenys commented.

"It would definitely work if you, princess Rhaenys accepted my offer to became my hand, my advisor,"

"Me?"

"Yes, you're the most esteemed lady in this realm, a Targaryen Princess on top of that."

Rhaenys fell silent momentarily before putting down her cup and asking, "who else is going to be on your council?"

"Lady Daenora Celtigar, Lady Alice Tyrell, Lady Lyn Corbray, Lady Roslin Fell and Lady Elinda Massey already confirmed that they would join my council."

Rhaenys nodded, "you choose your council member better than your father, Rhaenyra."

Rhaenyra let out a small chuckle. "Thank you for the compliment, dear cousin."

"I need to discuss this with my husband first, hope you understand, Rhaenyra."

"Of course, Princess Rhaenys, I'll wait for good news from you."

Rhaenys nodded.

Daemon took a deep breath, "You ask the wrong person, Lady Velaryon, like I told you before, if you had a question about dragons you better ask Rhaenyra, or your mother, not me."

"Well, if that's the case, maybe we could learn together?" She starts closing the gap between them, subtly pressing her boobs on his upper arm.

Daemon likes boobs like any other normal healthy man, but a noble lady's boobs? An unmarried one on top of that? Nope, hard pass on that; there are more consequences than pleasure in it, and the most dangerous consequence of all is getting Rhaenyra angry.

Daemon moves to the side to keep creating a gap between him and the girl, but she is unyielding; she keeps closing the distance between them.

Daemon cursed silently when he reached the edges of the bench; he got nowhere else to go. He almost hissed when the girl was finally bold enough to hug his arm and squeeze her plumpy boobs onto him.

For a second, Daemon was swayed; he could not resist enjoying the soft yet supple and warm temptation that shrouded his arm. But when he almost surrendered to the siren's call, the image of Rhaenyra looking at him with disdain suddenly flashed in his head, making him almost nauseous.

Nope! Nope! Not worth it!

Daemon abruptly stood up and yanked his hand free from the plumpy temptation, "I'm sorry, I have to go, I forgot to feed Caraxes." He said, ignoring the shock and confusion on the Velaryon girl's face.

After leaving the girl, Daemon finally realized how lame his excuses were.

"Not a word Steffon, if you dare to laugh I'll kick your ass." Daemon growls, hiding his embarrassment.

"I wouldn't dare, my prince." Steffon said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

When Daemon and Steffon make a turn to exit the garden, they find Rhaenyra crouching while holding her stomach.

Dreadful feelings flooded Daemon, was Rhaenyra poisoned by someone?!

He quickly kneels on the ground and grabs her elbows, "Rhaenyra?! What happened?! Talk to me!"

Rhaenyra didn't answer; worse, her body started trembling, making Daemon even more panicked.

Yet, before Daemon could tell Steffon to call for Maester, Rhaenyra drew a sharp breath and burst into hysterical laughter, "Forget to feed Caraxes? Seriously Uncle?!" She asked between wheezing.

Daemon closed his eyes in shame and groaned loudly, "Oh, For fuck sake!" He spat in embarrassment; he wished the ground beneath him split and swallowed him whole.

Daemon didn't know at this point how much training dummy he had destroyed; all he knew was that he was still embarrassed by his own lame excuses and needed to blow the steam off.

Daemon landed a heavy blow to the training dummy, breaking the thing in half, "Bring me another!" he shouted to the squire.

"I'm sorry, My Prince, but there's no more training, dummy." the young squire said.

Daemon angrily throws his training sword to the ground, then retreats to the side of the training ground to cool himself.

"Are you done destroying the training dummy?" Rhaenyra asks with a huge grin on her face.

Daemon huffed

"Awww, are you still mad?"

"M' not mad." Daemon grumbles,

"Oh really?" Rhaenyra teases.

Daemon rolled his eyes, "Yes."

"Then shall we go to feed Caraxes now?" She asks teasingly

Daemon takes a deep breath. "Nyra...." He warns her.

Rhaenyra pursues her lips and tries to look all innocent, "You said you are not mad anymore."

Without saying anything, Daemon stood up and pulled Rhaenyra into him.

Rhaenyra immediately shrieked in disgust when she felt Daemon's sweat-soaked tunic sticking to her skin. The more Rhaenyra screamed and wrestled her way to break free from him, the more Daemon laughed and was eager to keep Rhaenyra stay trapped in his embrace.

"It's wet! Gross!!" She wailed.

"This is your punishment for teasing your uncle, naughty niece!"

"Let me gooo!" Rhaenyra wails, doubling her effort to break free from Daemon's wet embrace, yet all her effort is futile; Daemon is unmoved.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!" She begged, "I'm sorry, uncle! Please let me go!"

"Too late, princess." Daemon chuckles in amusement.

"Noooo!"

Viserys watches Rhaenyra and Daemon teasing each other on the side of the training ground; he never saw either of the two of them laughing that free before; the laugh was so infectious that enough to make people around them feel joy by just looking at them.

"Did he truly decline Laena Velayron advances on him?" Viserys asks Steffon Darklyn, Daemon's sworn sword.

"Yes, your grace, The Prince even makes an excuse to get away from the Velaryon lady."

"What excuses?"

"When the lady practically throwing herself into him, the prince he—" Steffon silent for a moment, "—He excused himself politely by saying he needed to go because he forgot to feed Caraxes..."

Viserys coughs, almost spilling his wine "he what?!"

"Forget to feed Caraxes, your grace." Steffon repeated.

Viserys blinked in disbelief.

"I still believe Prince Daemon will be the perfect choice for the Prince consort role, your grace." Lyonel said, "as far as we already heard from Steffon, the Prince was nothing but respectful towards the princess, and every action he takes is always for the Princess' benefit, nothing else,"

"But the crown wouldn't get anything from this union..."

"Quite the contrary, your grace." Lyonel said, "Marrying Prince Daemon would strengthen Princess Rhaenyra's claim tenfold; no one, even Prince Aegon, can contest any children born from their union unless he marries Princess Helaena. Only then their son would have an equal claim as Princess Rhaenyra's heir."

"The other benefit of the union between Princess and Prince was ensuring there's no other house than Targaryen and Velaryon would have a possession of Dragon in the future; we may also eliminate the possibility of another dragon rider being born on the Velaryon line since they had no more right to request a Dragon egg from the Crown."

Viserys fell silent, contemplating all Lyonel words carefully; when he was done, he took another glance at Daemon and Rhaenyra, then took a deep breath; he had set his mind. "Harrold, call Daemon, Rhaenyra, and Alicent to meet me at my chamber."

"The queen too, your grace?" Ser Harrold asked again to make sure.

"Yes, call her too, I have other announcements that she has to heard."

"You call husband?" Alicent asked as she entered Viserys chamber;

"Yes Alicent, do take a seat." Visernys pointed empty seat beside Lyonel.

Alicent obediently sits down, then she looks at the other two empty seats across her, "Did we wait for someone else?" she asks.

Before Viserys could answer, gleeful laughter was heard from outside the room, and not long after that, Rhaenyra and Daemon came while holding hands.

"I'm sorry I made you wait, Father; Uncle Daemon made me need to change my clothes!" Rhaenyra apologized as she elbowed Daemon's waist.

"You ripe what you sow for teasing your elder, Niece."

Rhaenyra sticks her tongue out at Daemon before rushing to take the empty seat on Viserys' left side.

Viserys smiles at his daughter while trying to ignore the disdainful glare Alicent directed to her, "It's fine, Rhaenyra, do sit."

"What are we going to discuss?" Daemon asks as he settles beside Rhaenyra.

"Well..." Viserys glanced at Lyonel,

Lyonel nodded.

Viserys sighs, "First, we going to discuss Rhaenyra's Prince consort."

In contrast with Rhaenyra's shocked expression, Alicent was overjoyed; she almost couldn't contain her excitement, as if she was feasting on Rhaenyra's discomfort.

Viserys sighs again. Otto's words are already affecting Alicent more than Viserys predicted.

"Lyonel and I had discussed this for months and finally reached the conclusion that there's only one man worthy of Rhaenyra's hand in marriage."

Rhaenyra draws a sharp breath while squeezing Daemon's hand.

"Who is this lucky man, Husband?" Alicent asks while smiling at Rhaenyra.

"My brother, Lyonel and I agree that Daemon already proved himself enough to fit the role of Prince consort."

Rhaenyra gasped in surprise, then looked at Daemon, who looked struggling to maintain a straight face.

In contrast to those two, smile immediately dropped from Alicent's face. "I'm sorry, husband, but doesn't Prince Daemon still marry Rhea Royce?"

"Not anymore, since Mellos officially declared that Daemon's age was Two and Ten, I decided to annul his marriage."

Rhaenyra gasped in surprise; it seemed Daemon hadn't informed her about Viserys decision.

"So, are both of you accepting this proposition or not?" Viserys asks.

"I accept!" Rhaenyra blurted out immediately, "...ah... I'm sorry... I mean, if Uncle would have me, I would accept." She quickly corrected herself after realizing how improper her responses were.

"Daemon?"

"I'll gladly take Rhaenyra as my wife, brother." Daemon answered while rubbing his thumb over the back of Rhaenyra's hand.

"I would personally remind both of you that this would be a long engagement until both of you come to an age," Viserys stares at both Daemon and Rhaenyra, "I need the two of you to promise me to take care and be responsible for each other since your action would no longer affect only your self but each other reputation."

Rhaenyra nodded eagerly, "I promise, father!"

"I won't do anything that will taint Rhaenyra's reputation." Daemon said.

"Good, good." Viserys nods, "Move on to my son, Aegon. Since there's a lot of rumor and speculation regarding Aegon's position in succession. I already decided that when the boy is old enough to make decisions on his own, he will be given two options, taking either Maester's vow or Kingsguard's vow."

Alice gasped in horror, "You can't!" She screams, "He's your son! You can't do that to him!"

"I can, and the decision is final, Alicent." Viserys said sternly.

"No! I will not accept this!"

Viserys took a deep breath, "You have no voice on this matter, Alicent."

Alicent stood up and started shouting, "I'm his mother! I'm the Queen!"

"Sit down and stop embarass yourself." Viserys told her.

"No! My son wouldn't take any vow! I would never approve of any of this!"

Viserys exhaled deeply as his ear started ringing uncomfortably, "I already know about your conversation with your father before he departed from King's Landing,"

Hearing that, Alicent immediately stops screaming and turns completely white,

"If you don't want your father labeled as a traitor, you better get yourself together and act like a proper queen, don't make me repeat myself."

Alicent slumped back to her chair in defeat.

Viserys huffed, "Where are we?" he leaned to Lyonel.

"Next is about princess Helaena, your grace." Lyonel reminded Viserys.

Hearing Helaena name Alicent, eyes once again widened in horror.

"Ah yeah, Helena, when she comes of age, she will marry the heir of Manderly to fulfill long forgotten promise between my Grandfather Jaehaerys the Wise and Theomore Manderly."

Alicent drop kneeled on the floor, "No! Please not my daughter too!" She begged while hugging Viserys' leg.

"You think I don't aware of your plan to marry Aegon to Helaena?" Viserys said coldly.

Alicent gasped.

"Husband! My king! Please don't do this! They're your children too!"

"Yes they're mine and I'm doing this to ensure their wellbeing!"

Alicent starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Viserys exhaled deeply.

"The queen is tired, Ser Willis, please escort the queen to her chamber." Daemon said.

"Don't touch me!" Alicent snarled at the Kingsguard when he tried to peel her away from Viserys leg.

Daemon sighs, "Arryk, ask Grand Maester for some essences of nightshade to help the queen sleep."

"I'm not tired! I don't need anything!" Alicent yells from the top of her lungs.

Viserys sighs, "Do as Daemon said, Take the queen to her chamber, now."

Hearing Viserys' direct order, Ser Willis and Ser Arryk no longer hesitate; they lift the Queen by her arm and drag her away.

"Lyonel, do inform all Dragonkeeper that Aegon and Helaena not permitted to enter Dragonpit or bonded with any dragon,"

"Understood, your grace." Lyonel answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 691 12
« "In the dark ages, magic was a weapon, love was a mystery and adventure was everywhere." » «Daenys targaryen, the adopted daughter of princess Rhae...
13.4K 716 40
Modern Mafia AU. This story might get a little dark, so please beware. Rhaenyra Targaryen grew up as a spoiled mafia princess. On her eighteen birthd...
60.6K 3.7K 48
Baelon Targaryen lives! Aemma Arryn was promised by her grandmother that she would never marry without love and only when she wished. While her cousi...
454K 12.7K 71
What happens when Rhaenyra and Daemon's night in the brothel turned out to be more than what the princess admitted to? What happens when a child is c...