Chapter 11

"Your beauty preceded you, princess! You're as beautiful as the tale." Racallio praised Rhaenyra during the welcoming feast.

"You're too kind, Sealord Antaryon." Rhaenyra blushed faintly.

"Oh, please call me Racallio or Racca; Daemon is like a brother to me; we often sailed on my father's ship many years ago."

"You mean we scrubbed your father's deck together years ago?" Daemon scoffed.

"I told you not to mess with The flag!" Racaillo spat.

Daemon rolled his eyes.

"What happened with the flag?" Rhaenyra asks curiously.

"Your clever betrothed raised an upside-down hand-drawn pirate flag we drew together on my father's ship." Racaillo huffed.

"Daemon." Rhaenyra gasped at her uncle in disbelief while King Viserys and Corlys laughed their hearts out.

"First of all, you dared me to, Racca!" Daemon glared at Racallio, "And second, I was bored as fuck; we're in the middle of the sea, the sun blazing like hell; his father and my father talked for hours!"

"If I don't misremember, you are the one who begged Father to take you with him," Viserys said.

"Well, sorry, I just wanted to fly with father." Daemon rolled his eyes at Viserys.

Rhaenyra rubbed her hand on Daemon's arm and cooed at him, "He likes to fly a lot." She told Racallio.

Racaillo nodded understandably.

Laena watched the whole dinner situation in contempt; not only did Rhaenyra keep touching Daemon and flaunting her relationship with everyone in the dining room, but she also took all the attention to herself like a whore!

Larna glanced at her untouched dinner; she really didn't feel like eating anything now; everything pissed her off.

"Racca is entertaining to talk to," Rhaenyra said.

"It's Racca now, huh?"

"Daemon! Are you telling me you are jealous of your 'Sea Brother'?"

"I'm jealous of every man that is too close to you," he kisses her cheek.

"You've unbelievable." Rhaenyra giggles before pecking Daemon's lips.

Rhaenyra yelped; she quickly clapped her palm over Daemon's mouth before he ducked down and kissed her hard, " We are still outside! " Rhaenyra hissed.

"You started it," Daemon mumbled.

Rhaenyra huffed,

Daemon grinning, he kept pecking Rhaenyra's palm until she gave up and let him kiss her lips.

"You're so pretty, Rhaenyra," he murmured, his hand cupping her face and holding her still while he continued looking at her in the flickering light of the darkened torch in the hallway. He closed the distance between them once more. His lips sealed over hers in a gentle first kiss. Daemon pressed against Rhaenyra's in a soft, sweet pressure, the perfect chaste kiss. As Daemon kissed her, she could feel herself melting in his arms, giving herself over to him and his sweet kiss.

Daemon's eyelids were heavy, but his violet eyes were practically glowing with the intent way they stared up at Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra's heart started thrumming inside her ribcage at the attention Daemon was paying to her.