Paint it Black

By MongVie

Twelve Nameday Daemon Targaryen wakes up alone in the tent in the middle of nowhere with his father's sword a... More

Awoken
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 5

871 27 1
By MongVie

Daemon stood beside Viserys bedside, his brother still deep in slumber, a mischievous smile blossoming on Daemon's face, "Vis, Vis, wake up." Daemon said as he shook Viserys' shoulder lightly.

Viserys' eyes flew open, "Daemon?" He blinked in confusion, "What happened? What time is this? Why are you here?" He asked in dazed.

"Come, get out of bed." Daemon didn't answer Viserys questions; he just tugged him off the bed and dressed him.

"What? Wait! Where are we going?" Viserys asked in confusion when Daemon dragged him all the way toward the courtyard where the royal carriage and four Kingsguard had been waiting.

"Good morning, your grace, prince Daemon." Ser Harrold greeted both of them.

"Everything ready?" Daemon asked.

"Yes, my prince." Harrold answered.

The carriage door opened, and Rhaenyra popped her head out, "Father, Uncle, Morning."

"Rhaenyra? Wait, we're going somewhere?" Viserys asked.

Daemon shoves a piece of sweet bread into Viserys mouth, "you ask too many questions, just get your ass inside the carriage." Daemon grumbles as he helps Viserys to enter the carriage.

"Wher 'we goin'?!" Viserys mumbles between his chewing.

Daemon and Rhaenyra just smiled at him.

"Just touch her already!" Daemon yells in frustration.

"Like hell I would!" Viserys spat.

Daemon rolled his eyes, grabbed Viserys hand, then forcefully pressed it into Syrax's neck, Viserys gasped when his skin finally made contact with the warm scales of his daughter's dragon.

"See it's not that hard!"

"You are not supposed to be this close with other people, Dragon, you know that."

"With Caraxes, Yes. he will definitely bite your hand off, but with Syrax, as long as Rhaenyra is by your side, you're fine; she's a good girl," Daemon started rubbing Syrax's neck to make the dragon purr, "See? She is as sweet as her rider."

Daemon chuckled when he saw Rhaenyra hide her blushing face behind Syrax.

"For someone who tame Balerion the black Dreath you pussy as fuck, Syrax was not even quarter of Balerion size."

"Balerion was old, slow, and always sleeping! I can run from him if he decides to chew me up."

Daemon narrowed his eyes, "You got a point."

"Of Course I am!" Viserys rolled his eyes. "What are we going to do here anyway?" He asks while mindlessly rubbing Syrax's neck.

"Getting you fresh air."

"Huh?"

"I heard you said to Mellos your joint was hurt, Rhaenyra and I thought some exercises will do you good," Daemon said with his cheeky smile, "You don't feel any difference? Like at all?"

Viserys fell silent for a moment then he realized he never felt this energetic in the morning, his mind was clear, and he breathed more easily.

Before Viserys could react, Ser Harrold approached them and announced that breakfast had been served.

The sun was already high in the sky when the three Targaryen returned to the Keep. Unsurprisingly, Otto was already waiting for them in the courtyard.

"He looks pissed." Rhaenyra giggled.

"He's Just jealous," Daemon chuckled, "I don't think his family care enough to invite him out to have some fun."

Viserys looked at the two children in silence, Daemon's words strangely sunk deeply in him.

"Morning Dear Otto, what with that expression? Did you eat shit for breakfast?" Daemon snickered.

Otto shot a glare at Daemon but didn't say anything; he walked past him and Rhaenyra straight toward Viserys and started natter about how Viserys was being irresponsible for leaving the keep without proper protocol; he continued with Viserys should not entertain Daemon's reckless idea, "Prince Daemon bring you more harm than good, Your Grace."

Otto's words echoed in Viserys head, then suddenly Daemon's words from the other day overlapped with Otto's, 'Did he also say that I'm too dangerous to keep around? '

Viserys fell silent; his eyes darted from Rhaenyra and Daemon, Otto, and the Four Kingsguard, who came with the three of them on their morning outing.

"Your Grace!" Otto called him impatiently when Viserys not responding to him at all.

Viserys put his left hand on Otto's shoulder and then smiled at him.

Otto frowned, "Your Grace?"

Viserys slowly remove the Hand of the King's pin from Otto's doublet with his right hand, "I think It's time for you to retire, my friend, I'll make sure the crown will compensate you well for your service all these years."

Everyone at Courtyard was dumbfounded by Viserys action.

Viserys smiled again; he patted Otto's chest and then walked past him toward the Red Keep.

"I still don't understand!" Rhaenyra said when she and Daemon were on their way to Viserys' chamber for Dinner.

"Don't ask me, princess, I'm as shocked as you." Daemon humm.

"You really don't put something weird on his food this morning?"

Daemon snorted loudly, "Excuse Me?!"

"It just doesn't make sense at all, uncle!"

"The only possible explanation was touching Syrax magically grow him another set of balls." Daemon laughed.

Hearing that, Rhaenyra immediately gives Daemon a disgusted look which only makes Daemon laugh even louder.

When Daemon and Rhaenyra are about to enter Viserys' chamber, they are surprised by Alicent, who is heavy in tears, abruptly leaves the room and bumps Rhaenyra in the process.

Daemon was glad he was fast enough to catch Rhaenyra before his pretty princess fell to the cold stone floor, "Excuse you!" he snarled at Alicent, then sifted his attention back at Rhaenyra when he heard her hiss in pain, "You okay, Nyra?"

Rhaenyra nodded as she rubbed her shoulder that Alicent bumped.

Alicent didn't say anything; she just kept sobbing and ran away.

"What is her problem?" Daemon fumed as he led Rhaenyra into Viserys' chamber.

Once they entered Viserys' chamber, they were surprised once again, this time by the presence of Lyonel Strong.

"Prince Daemon, Princess Rhaenyra." Lyonel greets them. The Hand of King Pin on his chest shines under candlelight.

Daemon scoffed, "Congratulations for your promotion, Lyonel."

Lyonel smiles sheepishly at Daemon, "Thank you, My Prince."

"Daemon, Rhaenyra," Viserys greeted them. "Lyonel and I were just talking about who should fill the Master of Law position."

"Who are the candidates?" Rhaenyra asked immediately.

"Jasper Wylde–"

Rhaenyra immediately scowled in disgust, "The one that sired twenty-nine children on four wives?!"

"Yes, the very same person, Princess," answered Lyonel. "People called him Ironrod derived from his unbending attitudes to matters of law which is a great quality for a Master of Law."

"Rather than his attitude toward laws, I'm more convinced that the one from him that was truly unbending was his cock." Daemon snorted.

"Uncle!" Rhaenyra smacked Daemon's arm for his vulgar comment.

"Sorry, Nyra, can't help it." Daemon chuckled.

Viserys shook his head.

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes, "Who were the other candidates?"

"Alan Caswell, Gormon Massey, and lastly Desmond Manderly."

Rhaenyra hummed, "I think Desmond Manderly would be a good choice, he would be representative of the North in the council and may mend the strained relationship between the crown and the Manderly."

"That's a great suggestion, Rhaenyra," Viserys beamed, "Our Relationship with Manderly was indeed a bit awkward after Vissera suddenly passed, and the old King seems forgotten his promise to tie the two houses together."

Daemon waved a piece of bacon toward Viserys, "But don't forget the Northmen dislike going south, he may not accept the offer, better keep options open."

"Prince Daemon is correct, I purposedly put Manderly's name on the last because he would unlikely accept the offer," Lyonel emphasized.

Viserys huffed, "If Manderly didn't accept, then we offered the position to Wylde, are you okay with that, Rhaenyra?"

"Eh?" Rhaenyra looks surprised.

"Soon or later, this council will become yours, child; you need to be comfortable with all the members," Viserys explained.

Rhaenyra's eyes grew wide in disbelief upon Viserys' statement.

Because Rhaenyra looked too stunned to answer, Daemon decided to take over, "I believe Rhaenyra was fine with the decision, aren't you, Princess?" He asks while holding Rhaenyra's hand.

Rhaenyra nodded mindlessly, still too stunned to talk.

Viserys smiled, "Great, you can proceed then, Lyonel."

"At once, your grace," Lyonel said, then curtly bowed to Rhaenyra and Daemon before leaving the room, something that Otto never did to them.

"Shall we have dinner now?" Viserys asked. "Daemon, stop stuffing your mouth with bacon; you will be full before the entree is served."

"M' starve; you guys are talking too much," Daemon chuckled before nibbling another piece of bacon.

Viserys rolled his eyes, "Jon! Serve The dinner," He said.

"I think it's time for Rhaenyra to have lady-in-waiting again," Daemon said upon their dinner.

Both Rhaenyra and Viserys froze.

"Uncle... I don't think..." Rhaenyra looks clearly uncomfortable.

Daemon knew why she was like that, all thanks to Otto's Cunt daughter. Yet Daemon needs to keep pressing this matter because Rhaenyra really NEEDS to have someone help her with her duty as soon as possible since Viserys seems going to entrust Rhaenyra with more duty from now on.

"You have to expand your household, princess," Daemon emphasizes, "You can't keep doing everything on your own; someone needs to help you. At least you need to employ four ladies, one who will become head of your ladies, one in charge of social matters, one in charge of your meals and health, and lastly, one to manage your household budget."

"I understand, Uncle..just..."

"You need them to help you with your work, not play with you; you don't have to be attached nor emotionally invested in them; keep your distance and keep everything strictly business."

Rhaenyra and Viserys are shocked by Daemon's statement; they know exactly who Daemon's sarcasm is directed to.

Daemon sighs, "How about starting with promoting that Massey girl? I remember you said that her house was in a difficult financial situation. Being your handmaiden would be a great help to her family."

Rhaenyra still looks reluctant, "I guess... I can try..."

Daemon fondly strokes Rhaenyra's head, "If you don't like it we can always disband your household then figure out something else."

Rhaenyra finally smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 7.9K 48
Daemon and Rhaenyra married. Their first child was sent by the Gods to save them all. Deirys Targaryen was born with a direct connection to the Fourt...
20.6K 532 22
Baelon Targaryen broke his younger sister's heart, making her run away to the Vale. Baelon left to travel the free cities. Years later they are broug...
349K 8.6K 23
Aerea Targaryen the sensitive and shy twin sister of Deamon Targaryen. They were never apart and only cared for each other. Deamon was fiercely prote...
455K 12.7K 71
What happens when Rhaenyra and Daemon's night in the brothel turned out to be more than what the princess admitted to? What happens when a child is c...