𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 : 𝐫𝐨�...

Av kris04teez

choi jongho × kang yeosang ______________________________________ one day, yeosang sneaks out of the castle t... Mer

introduction + info.

chapter one.

35 6 2
Av kris04teez

a/n: btw the names (of yeosang's siblings) mentioned in this story aren't supposed to represent any idols or real people. i just liked them, so i used them for this ff!

////////////////////////////////////

It was a sunny spring day.

Leaves gently rustled in the wind and birds were softly chirping their little songs.

Yeosang was just about to put flowers in a pretty vase, every window wide open to let the fresh but still cool air inside.

He took a deep breath, taking in the lovely scent of the flowers, when there was a quiet knock on his door.

"Come in", he said, still holding a few flowers in his hand.

The maid who knocked, entered the room. Always a bit shocked at how beautifully clean and synchronised everything looked.

"Your mother asked for you to come down for the afternoon tea, young prince.", she said.

"I will be there in a few minutes, thank you.", Yeosang replied with a smile.

Loosing it as soon as the maid has bowed and left the room.

Yeosang didn't like how everyone spoke so serious, especially with him.

He wanted to be known as [Yeosang] and not [the youngest crownprince of Aurora].

He couldn't change this anyway, although it still bugged him very often.

He continued arranging the flowers nicely.

When it was finished, he looked proudly at his work, immidiately getting in a better mood.

*There was just nothing more beautiful than freshly picked flowers.*

Yeosang thought to himself while leaving his room to go to the pavilion, where his family was most likely already waiting for him.

As he walked through the castle, he listened if he could hear anything,

but... nothing.

*It was as silent as always.*

Only his footsteps echoed through the halls.

His oldest brother Jiyun was about to become the new king of Aurora.

When Yeosang arrived at the ivy-covered pavilion, his family was discussing the planning of the crowning ceremony again.

As always.

Don't get him wrong, Yeosang loved his older brother and wanted nothing more than to finally see him on the throne, making his own decisions for the kingdom,

but the constant reminder that Jiyun was soon able to do things, he could only dream of, bothered him.

Truth be told, Yeosang would never want to be in such an important, high position and maybe it was just youthful stubbornness, but still.

It just bothered him.

He greeted his family, while settling down next to his older sister Chaeyeong.

Overwhelmed by the always extravagantly decorated table, he didn't even notice the butler, pouring steaming hot tea into his porcelain cup.

As soon as he became aware of it, Yeosang quickly thanked him.

Chaeyeong started chuckling to herself as she observed the act.

His sister was Yeosangs best friend ever since he was little.

She was kind, always listened to his problems and wrote poems with him, whenever they were bored.

Sadly Chaeyeong wasn't at home that often anymore, since she was going to marry soon and spent much time with her fiance.

But Yeosang pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind and enjoyed the little amount of time she was in the castle even more now.

Suddenly he overheard something, his mother had said about the planning.

"We still need the flowers and tulle for decorating the ceremony hall.", she mentioned.

"It's best to buy them from the seller in town, they never disappoint."

They were talking about the flowerbouquets now.

Yeosang brought the cup of tea to his lips and started drinking carefully, to not burn his mouth.

He didn't think long enough about the words that were going to come out of his mouth not even seconds later.

"I could go there and get them!!"

He had absolutely no idea how he would carry all of it or even buy them, but all he could think of, was finally going to the town alone and exploring it.

He also wanted to atleast look at what they were selling, after all he was an expert when it came to the perfect flowers for the occasion.

Silence. Absolute silence.

His parents were only looking at him, quite in disbelief.

While Jiyun did the same, Chaeyeong on the other hand looked a bit worried.

"No. That's what our answer has been and will be. You won't ever be going to the town alone and you should know this Yeosang.", his mother said harshly, as she always does,

"Also, who do you think you are?

A servant?"

*if it were up to him she really didn't have to add the last part.*

"Some of our guards and servants will visit the shop in a few days and order everything for us to then choose, so don't worry.",

his father finally stated.

"Oh, yes. My apologies, I don't know what I was thinking."

The rest of the "family afternoon tea", as the king and queen, yeosangs parents, liked to call it, was quite uncomfortable.

His family did still discuss the planning a bit and also mentioned something about a mask ball they wanted to hold before the crowning ceremony,

but all Yeosang could do, was sit there and silently drink his tea, avoiding to speak out any more unfortunate thoughts.

Chaeyeong listened, while reassuringly stroking his back.

She was well aware of how much he wanted to finally go out there, but also frequently told him not to exit the castle on his own.

Yeosang always obeyed his parents' and Chaeyeong's advice.

He always did.

Lately though, he couldn't stand it anymore.

All these rules he could easily break, but never actually had the courage to.

The urge, to just sneak through the giant gate of the castle and explore all the things he didn't know yet and could only dream of, was so big.

It was tempting.

Yeosang had thought about just doing it a few times, although never put it into action.

This time though, he would.

He didn't know what was coming over him, but he just politely excused himself from the table and quickly hurried towards his room.

Of course, holding up his gown so it didn't drag on the floor.

As soon as he got inside, Yeosang shut the door and sat on his soft satin bedsheets.

He now had to think.

What was he going to do now?

Right, make a plan.

But what plan?

How was he going to even get out of the castle?

He laid down on his bed and thought.

Tomorrow his whole day was filled with studies and literature.

Chaeyeong usually teached him, as she was currenty staying at the castle.

Perhaps she would help him?

This may be perfect.

////////////////////////////////////

For the whole rest of the afternoon his thoughts were spinning around the next day.

Until it was time for dinner and the well-known knock could be heard.

Yeosang didn't even wait for the butler to say anything. He just called out:

"I will be there in a minute! Thank you.".

When he heard the butler walk away he got up from his bed and looked at himself in the mirror.

His blonde locks were a bit tousled, but still more than exceptable.

All he really had to do was smooth out his gown.

Walking out his door and through the halls again, going a different way now to keep it entertaining in the giant castle, he heard someone having a quite interesting conversation.

That someone was his mother, the queen, and a servant who has worked for them pretty much since Yeosang was born.

He couldn't resist the urge to listen for at least a moment.

*That wouldn't hurt, right?*

"...so, we now decided on viewing the flowers tomorrow. You can take the carriage this evening and select a variety of flowers and florals which we will decide on tomorrow. Is that fine?"

"Of course it is, your majesty. We will get ready in a moment and get going.", he bowed and was about to leave.

Yeosang had heard and seen enough and now quickly rushed towards the dining room.

////////////////////////////////////

Yeosang woke up very early the next day.

The sunrise had already started and only a few birds were chirping.

He couldn't contain his excitement anymore as he remembered his plan from the previous day.

Yeosang slowly got up and walked up towards one of his giant windows opening it.

That's when he saw the carriage.

*Perfect* he thought.

Yeosang turned around.

The clothes he picked out were sitting neatly on his stool, waiting to be put on.

Yeosang yawned and headed to his bathroom to shower and get ready.

A few minutes later he was looking at himself in the mirror, fully dressed now.

He was wearing a clean white longsleeve with a tied collar, neatly tucked in darkbrown high waisted pants.

On top an oversized brown coat with a hood, to hide his face.

People from town have most likely never seen his face before, but being extra careful never hurt anyone.

To avoid being noticed, he opted for small, inconspicuous golden earrings instead of wearing his usual amount of jewelry.

Yeosang carefully tied his front hair back into a loose ponytail.

Putting on some sweet vanilla perfume, he glanced at himself in the mirror one last time, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement.

With a deep breath, he opened the door and stepped out of his room.

Closing it slowly, to minimize unnecessary sounds.

The second the door clicked, he heard another noise.

His heart began racing.

There was someone standing behind him.

////////////////////////////////////

Thank you soooo much for reading the first chapter!!!

I hope you enjoyed and are curious for the next one ;>

BTW this was the inspiration for yeo's outfit:

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.3M 52.1K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4.3K 358 18
" Remember this, I will never love you Choi Yeonjun" " Like I am dieing to love you " A forced marriage between a human prince and a vampire prince...
642K 25K 48
Read Forever And Ever before reading this one. ~~~~~~ "Do you know what scares me?" "What?" As his thumb lightly stroked her left cheek, Stacey leant...