The Wrong Side of Heaven

By 1800SlapAHoe

Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you packed your bags and moved somewhere new? After and a b... More

Part 1: Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 8

41 5 1
By 1800SlapAHoe

Jay has been MIA all day which works for me because of my dinner plans with Devin. Jade and I spent the afternoon playing dress up while I got ready for my date. I ended up choosing a cute black dress and leaving my hair down in waves. Parking in front of the nice Italian restaurant, the valet opens my door and I hand him the keys to the Maserati. Jay has given me permission to use it whenever I wanted. Devin is waiting by the door wearing an exquisite suit looking finer than ever. I greet him with a smile and he leans in to kiss my cheek. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I smile.

He takes my hand and leads me inside where we are immediately taken to our table. A waitress pours us each a glass of wine and leaves us menus to look over. "How has life been treating you since high school?"

I want to laugh. Raising my eyebrows, I take a deep breath and decide not to go into too much details. I'm not sure I'm ready to scare him away with my terrible luck. "Well, I got a great job straight out of high school and moved out on my own. It's been hectic but I'm alive and well. How about you?"

"I went to law school and I took over my fathers law firm. I'm actually Javi's attorney. How do you know him by the way?"

Oh boy. "I work for him. I was just dropping off some paperwork that day. I'm glad I did or I never wouldn't ran into you," I say, thinking back to the last time we saw each other. "It's been... what - eight years now?"

He smiles, reminiscing about our times together. "Those were some good times. I miss it."

The waitress returns to take our orders which ends our conversation. I order the lasagna while Devin orders the baked ziti. We maintain a casual conversation throughout dinner with a few laughs added in throughout. The sense of normalcy I feel with him is comforting. Maybe if things had turned out a little differently in high school we'd still be together. Who knows. "I haven't been in a serious relationship since college. She cheated on me so we broke up. I just threw myself into work and never put myself back out there," he explains.

"My ex and I were together for two years. We broke up a few months ago. He was narcissistic and abusive."

"Sorry to hear that," he frowns. It's quiet for a long moment before he speaks again. "I'd really like to see you again. You're a smart, beautiful woman and I'm a hundred times more attracted to you than I was in high school. I didn't think that was possible back then but apparently it is," he chuckles.

I smile. His words warm my heart. "I'd like that too."

He sighs, looking at our cleared table. We've been done for at least twenty minutes now but neither of us seem to want to go. "To be honest with you, I'm not ready for this night to end but I feel like we should give other a people a chance to eat," he chuckles. "Is there anywhere else I can take you? Do you want to come over for a drink?"

My body clenches in anticipation. If I go to his house I feel we'll only end up in bed. It's clear we both crave each other and frankly I wouldn't stop his advances. I want him. I crave his touch, the feeling of his lips on mine. It's not like I'd be sleeping with him on a first date. We've already had lots of sex years ago and now we're adults. Clearing my thoughts, I smile a little. "Sure."

He smiles happily. "Great. You can follow me over."

We stand and he holds my hand as we exit the restaurant. Valet quickly retrieves our cars. Devin walks me to the driver side of the Maserati, leaning in to press his soft lips against mine. His lips are soft and just as kissable as I remember them. We pull apart and he smiles at me. "Even better than I remember," I say as I climb into the car.

"I'll text you the address just in case we somehow get split up. It's about ten minutes from here."

I nod and he closes the door. Once he's in his car, he leads the way back to his house. It's a small grey house with white shutters. There's a medium sized porch with a swing and a one car garage. The lawn is perfect and there's a couple potted flowers near the steps. We enter the house and I take off my heels while taking a look around. Very simple. Modern. The walls are mostly bare but the place is extremely clean. "This is a nice place."

"Thanks. Would you like glass of wine?" he asks as he removes his suit jacket.

"Yes, please."

He heads into the kitchen while I sit on the sofa. A few moments later he returns with two glasses of wine and takes a seat beside me. I gratefully accept a glass and take a sip. "So how did you get involved with Jay's business?" he asks curiously.

I stare down into my glass as I think about the first time we met. "We met at the small airport that's on the outskirts of town. We were taking a small passenger plane to the city and it crashed."

"No way. I heard about that but didn't realize it was you two. Wow," he states in disbelief.

"Yeah, it was crazy. Afterwards I was struggling to get back to reality and we ran into each other again. He asked what he could do to help and offered me a job," I shrug. "It's been weird and I haven't done much yet but it pays very well."

"Just be careful around him. As his attorney, I know a bit about his business and I work my ass of to protect him legally."

I'm curious to know what he knows but I know he's not at liberty to discuss. Attorney-Client privilege and I'm sure Jay made him sign an NDA on top of it. "How long have you been working with him?" I ask.

"About six months now."

Enough about him. He's the last person I want to be thinking about right now. "How is your family?"

He smiles. He's always taken care of his family as much as he was able to. "They're good. My dad retired and finally bought mom the beach house she wanted. My sister moved to Miami to live her influencer dream," he chuckles, rolling his eyes. "She actual makes more money than me now."

I laugh. "She's always loved the attention."

"Yeah. At least she gets paid for it now."

I try to think back to the last time we seen each other but I can't remember for the life of me. All I can remember is being upset when he was dating another girl his senior year. "Hey, when is the last time you and I hung out?" I ask, taking a sip of wine before placing it on the coffee table. "I can't remember. Was it at that football game your junior year?"

He shakes his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "My graduation party."

The memory comes flooding back to me. When I received the invite, I was very insistent on not going. I was still upset about everything that happened the summer before. The day before the party, my mom and I ran into his mom at the store. She was picking up last minute things for the party. I had hid the invite from my mom so when she found out, I knew she'd force me to go. Devin's mom insisted that he really wanted us there so we went. I tried to avoid him at all costs but running into him was inevitable. The bathroom downstairs was occupied so I went upstairs where he happened to be leaving the bathroom. He apologized for everything and pulled me into his room to talk. His quick goodbye kiss quickly turned into making out, which then turned to us ripping off each others clothes. To be that young and carefree again.

"I remember," I say, biting my lip to hold back my smile.

Putting his glass down, he leans towards me and caresses my cheek gently. I close the remaining few inches of space between us and press my lips to his. His kisses are soft and slow. He pulls me onto his lap as he deepens his kisses, his tongue exploring my mouth. I can feel his growing erection between my legs so I use the opportunity to rub my body against his, eliciting a moan from him. Pulling away, I hold my arms up and he helps me quickly remove my dress. His lips trail kisses from my neck to my chest as he pulls my bra aside. He takes my nipple into his mouth, licking and sucking gently. I can't take it anymore, I want him. My hands slip between us and I unbuckle his belt. He pulls away while breathing heavily. "Are you sure?" I nod. "Let me grab a condom."

He sets me back on the couch beside him and gives me a quick kiss before disappearing down the hallway. He returns a few minutes later naked with a condom on. Ah. He was truly blessed with that thing. Sitting beside me, he pulls me back onto his lap. My lips press against his as his fingers slip beneath my panties. Two fingers slide inside of me with ease and his lips part as he moans. I lean back and hold my panties aside as he guides himself into me. I gasp at the fullness of him inside of me. He flexes his hips, pushing himself further inside of me. I cry out a little, lifting my hips before lowering myself back onto him. My hips grind against his and his head falls back against the couch. He feels so good. Our bodies were meant for each other. Gripping my hips, he begins thrusting into me relentlessly. Suddenly he stops as he finishes. I give him a moment to catch his breath before leaning in to kiss him. His arms wrap around me, pulling me closed. "I can't believe I've missed out on this for almost ten years."

"We'll make up for it," I whisper, gently tugging his earlobe with my teeth.

"Stay with me tonight," he says softly as he turns his head to look at me. "We can grab a shower and cuddle. I'll make you breakfast in the morning."

I glance around in search of my phone so I can check the time. Shit. It's been hours and I haven't checked my phone to see if Jay has called or texted. "I'm sorry but I can't. I have work stuff to deal with. Matter of fact, I need to find my phone because I have no clue if Jay has called."

I carefully climb off of him and grab my dress. "Bathroom is down the hall on the right if you need it."

I quickly freshen up and put my dress back on. I do my best to tame my hair before returning to the living room. Devin is now wearing a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt. He walks me out to the car where he presses a soft lingering kiss to my lips. "I wish you could stay."

"Me too."

"Don't be a stranger, you're welcome over any time. I'll call you soon to arrange another date."

"Okay," I say with a smile. "Thank you for dinner. I'll see you soon."

I climb into my car and he closes the door. Starting the car, I reverse out of his driveway and wave before driving away. When I get to the stop sign, I search for my phone which has fallen between the seat.

Five Missed Calls. Twelve Text Messages.

Oh no. Shit. I should have checked before coming to his house. I glance in the rear view mirror to make sure no one is behind me before unlocking my phone. Two calls and ten messages from Jay. One call and text from Anthony. Two calls and a text from Jade. The tone from Jay's text tell me he definitely isn't happy with me. Sighing, I drop my phone in the cup holder and race back to the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 782 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
3.9K 889 27
β€’β„œπ”²π”« 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔒 π”Ÿπ”²π”±π”±π”’π”―π”£π”©π”Ά, π”Ÿπ”’π”£π”¬π”―π”’ 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔱𝔬𝔬 π”©π”žπ”±π”’β€’ "Love starts with a spark and turns into a bonfire. But the way I exper...
2M 60K 90
Serina Accardi had everything, and wanted for nothing. Her brother gave her whatever she desired, but kept the parts of her destined world out of her...
2.2M 36K 46
"Someone's coming, we have to be quick, Enzo." I said, and he swiftly unbuttoned my blouse, revealing my naked chest. "Baby, nothing about what I'm...