Cosmo || Doctor Who

blink_and_youre_dead által

where a boy meets an alien and travels the universe Book 1 of the Spaceman Series. 334,926 Words Part One... Több

Cosmo
Volume One
1 : Back Chat
2 : Jealousy
3 : Action This Day
4 : Save Me
5 : Leaving Home Ain't Easy
6 : Machines (Or Back To Humans)
7 : Keep Yourself Alive
8 : If You Can't Beat Them
9 : A Human Body
10 : Was It All Worth It
11 : Father To Son
12 : Don't Lose Your Head
13 : Dead On Time
14 : These Are The Days Of Our Lives
15 : The Night Comes Down
16 : Sleeping On The Sidewalk
17 : Dreamer's Ball
18 : The Miracle
19 : You Can't Fool Me
20 : Let Me Live
21 : Play The Game
22 : Fight From The Inside
23 : Too Much Love Will Kill You
24 : My Life Has Been Saved
Volume Two
25 : Transformations
26 : A Skeleton Of Something More
27 : Bright Sadness
28 : Ill Equipped
29 : Touch
30 : Body
32 : In Her Honour
33 : The Writer
34 : Enabling Environment
35 : Clockwork
36 : Heart
37 : Parallels
38 : All This To Say
39 : Tension & Thrill
40 : Night Must End
41 : Son
42 : Almost Idyllic
43 : Today Has Been OK
44 : Image Of A Black Hole
45 : Awake
46 : The Great Conjunction
47 : Mission Complete
48 : Earth
49 : The Ink From Books
50 : Daughter
51 : Tethered
52 : Divine Creation
53 : Ghosts
54 : I'll Keep You Safe
55 : Uneven Odds
56 : Heaven Breaks
Volume Three
57 : Kick Off
58 : At Least We Made It This Far
59 : Part Of It
60 : A Hurt Like That
61 : If You Want It
62 : Everything Will Be
63 : Let It All Out
64 : Pressing On
65 : There Was No Thief
66 : Empty House
67 : Can't Complain
68 : The Scene And Herd
69 : Forward Motion
70 : Detestation and Reform
71 : Softer To Me
72 : The Vinyl Countdown

31 : Wilderness

540 40 61
blink_and_youre_dead által

𝔖𝔠𝔬𝔱𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡, 𝔘𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔡𝔬𝔪
𝔖𝔢𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 1879

"What d'you think of this? Will it do?"

Rose spun around in her pink shirt and dungaree skirt, attempting to pick something which would fit their next destination. EJ never understood why she was so bothered about her clothes; the Doctor wore the same sort of suit everywhere they went. Sometimes, he supposed, it was fun to dress up, but not for such a regional trip.

"For the 1970s?" The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "You'd be better off in a bin bag."

EJ giggled from the beam he sat in, and kicked his feet like a small child. "Why don't you tell her how you really feel?"

  "Hold on," He said, racing around the console to press one blue button. Music began to play, familiar music, which made EJ laugh. "Listen to this. Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number one in 1979."

     Hit me with your rhythm stick.

     Hit me. Hit me.

  "You're a punk." Rose scoffed from opposite him, having completely forgotten about her clothes.

  It didn't matter what they said to the Doctor, really, because he was having the greatest time on his own, flying the Tardis, and singing. "It's good to be a lunatic."

  "That's what you are, a big old punk with a bit of rockabilly thrown in." 

  "I can't believe you know this song." The Thompson boy shook his head.

  "I'm the Doctor." He shrugged, nonchalantly. "I know every song."

  "Really?" His eyebrows raised, expectantly.

  "Want to go and see him?"

  As EJ jumped down from the beam to join them around the console, Rose's eyes widened. "You mean in concert?"

  "What else is a Tardis for?" The Doctor grinned, pulling the different mechanisms around. "I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the Antigravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon, or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November 1979, what d'you think?"

  "Sheffield it is!"

  Before pressing the final button, the Doctor looked to his other friend. "EJ?"

     He wasn't listening. He should have been, but he needed to check his phone. It was his one rule whilst travelling; when his phone rang, he had to check it, no matter what.

     "EJ?"

Soren, 18:33
remember that job I applied
for???
I got it!

EJ, 18:34
well done! I'm so proud of
you!!!

Soren, 18:35
thnk u
the school is weird tho
you'd hate it

"EJ?" The Doctor called again.

EJ, 18:36
gtg talk later
I'm so happy for u
xxx

"Ezra?" The Doctor tried again, and finally he showed some signs of life. "You alright in there?"

"Hmm?"

There was a ghost of a smile on his face that EJ picked up on. "Ian Dury concert, Sheffield, 1979. Sound good?"

He shrugged, smirking ever so slightly. "If we can see Bowie next."

"Course we can." He grinned, pulling back a new lever. "Hold on tight!"

     EJ was convinced that the Doctor had whatever the Time Lord equivalent of ADHD was. He was so hyperactive at times, so intensely focused, that it only made sense. Not that it mattered. The Doctor was a hoot despite it, especially when he was singing along to a song from the 70s whilst banging the Tardis with a rubber mallet.

     Eventually he calmed just enough yo do something sane, so cried out, his words elongated. "Aaaaaannddd laaandiiinnggg!"

  Rose yelped slightly as they were thrown backwards. "Stop." But it was too late.

     They cackled like a coven of witches, laughing as loudly as they could. The impact on the metal grated floor wasn't expected, and it wasn't welcome, but it was hilarious. It didn't take away from the Doctor's energy somehow, because within a moment, he dragged EJ and Rose onto their feet and pulled them with him.

     "1979, hell of a year." He hummed, picking up his jacket from one of the beams, racing towards the Tardis door. "China invaded Vietnam, the Muppet Movie, love that film."

  "We should have a movie night." EJ hummed in response, moving as fast as he could to meet the Doctors pace.

  "Margaret Thatcher, ugh! Skylab falls to Earth with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb, and I like my thumb." As he opened the door, he turned to face his friends, hardly taking any notice of his environment. Truthfully, EJ wasn't either. He was so focused on the Doctor's reel of facts, he forgot. "I need my thumb, I'm very attached to..."

  The Thompson boy queried as he looked up, catching sight of men in red legionnaire jackets, guns pointed their way. "Doctor?"

"My thumb." He raised his hands so that the others would too. "1879... same difference."

  "I can't swear, can I?"

  It was rhetorical, but the Doctor pulled a face, and replied. "No."

  EJ didn't waste any time in mumbling. "I hate you." Though, he did not mean it in any sense of the phrase.

  The majority of the men were on foot, but it was the man on horseback who spoke their way. "You'll explain your presence and the nakedness of this girl."

  His thick Scottish accent elicited a grin from the Doctor, who mimicked it. "Are we in Scotland?"

  "How can you be ignorant of that?"

  "Oh, oh, I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this... wee naked child over hill and over dale with my associate, here. Isn't that right, ye... timorous beastie?"

  "Och aye." Rose replied, though her accent was completely horrible, and probably offensive. "I've been oot and aboot."

  The Doctor chastised her, beneath his breath. "No, don't do that."

  "Hoots mon?"

  "No, really, don't." He gulped, shaking his head. "Really."

  "Will you identify yourself, sir?" Said the man, though it wasn't much of a question.

"I'm Dr James McCrimmon from the township of... Balamory. This is my associate, Mr Ezra Thompson, who studies beneath me, if I may..." He reached into his top pocket and revealed the psychic paper before handing it over. "As you can see, a doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself."

  They waited a moment as he checked over the credentials before a woman called out to them. "Let them approach."

It was slightly frightening, as there were no women in sight. However, he realised she must have been in the carriage. "I don't think that's wise, ma'am."

She repeated once more. "Let them approach."

The Doctor must have been in a playful mood because he pulled a face. The man sighed at them. "You will approach the carriage. And show all due defence."

They did as was asked of them, approaching the black carriage, sort of giddy. The door was wide open, revealing inside, none other than Queen Victoria herself. EJ's jaw dropped open, and he swiftly corrected himself. He must have looked a state; bright red jumper, blue jeans, and covered in tattoos. At heart, he was nothing but a nerd, and his love for history just made his heart swell.

"Rose, Ezra, might I introduce Her Majesty Queen Victoria, Empress of India and Defender of the Faith." It was odd, hearing him in a Scottish accent, but EJ figured he would have to get used to it.

He copied the Doctor, and put on an accent himself, as he bowed. "Ezra Thompson, ma'am. It's an absolute honour to meet you."

"Rose Tyler, ma'am." She curtsied. "And my apologies... for being so naked."

"I've had five daughters, it's nothing to me." She waved it away like it was nothing. "But you, Doctor- show me these credentials." Again, the Doctor did as was asked of him, and handed his psychic paper over. "Why didn't you say so immediately? It states clearly here that you have been appointed by the Lord Provost as my protector."

"Does it? Yes, it does. Good, good!" The Doctor kept slipping between accents, and EJ thwacked him slightly. "Um, then let me ask, why's Your Majesty travelling by road, when there's a train all the way to Aberdeen."

"A tree on the line."

"An accident?"

"I am the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, everything around me tends to be planned."

The Doctor seemed surprised. "An assassination attempt?"

"What, seriously?" Rose interrupted, loudly, and EJ kicked her leg lightly. He wanted to hear the Queen as best he could. "There's people out to kill ya."

She humphed. "I'm quite used to staring down the barrel of a gun."

"Sir Robert MacLeish lives but ten miles hence." Said the man on the horse, the Captain, riding closer to them. "We've sent word ahead. He'll shelter is for tonight, then we'll reach Balmoral tomorrow."

The Queen turned to him. "This Doctor, his student, and his timorous beastie will come with us."

"Yes, ma'am. We'd better get moving. It's almost nightfall."

"Indeed." She agreed. "And there are stories of wolves in these parts. Fanciful tales, intended to scare the children. But good for the blood, I think. Drive on."

     No one dared to dismiss the Queen's commands, so the carriage began to move, and they waited for it to pass before following behind. That was when it occurred to EJ that he would have to walk for ten miles straight, at snails pace. He could promise that, by the end of it, his legs wouldn't ever want to move again.

     The Doctor walked in the middle of his two friends, hands dug securely into his pockets. This wasn't exactly how they were expecting the day to go, but this was so much better than an Ian Dury concert. They were spending the night with Queen Victoria. There weren't many people who could say that.

     "It's funny," Rose hummed, curiously. "Cos you say assassination attempt, and you just think of Kennedy and stuff. Not her."

"1879, she'd had, ooh, six attempts on her life. And, I'll tell you something else," A grin spread over his face as he turned to them both. "We just met Queen Victoria!"

  The girl replied, beaming wide. "I know!"

  EJ reacted much the same. "Bloody brilliant."

  "What a laugh!"

  "She was just sitting there." Rose sighed, dreamily.

  The Doctor nodded. "Like a stamp."

  "I want her to say we are not amused. Bet you give quid I can make her say it."

  EJ didn't wait a second before responding. "I'm in."

  "If I gambled, it'd be an abuse of my privilege as a traveller in time."

  Rose thought a second. "Ten quid."

  "Done." The Doctor shrugged, and EJ snorted. "Tell you something else."

  "What?"

  "Where did that accent come from, EJ?" He chuckled, clearly quite impressed. "It's brilliant."

  The black haired boy looked to them both, nonchalantly. "My mam's Scottish. Dundonian."

  "Huh." He replied. "You learn something new every day."

     The house that they walked to was far beyond anything that EJ had imagined. It was the most wonderful thing, sustaining the lands which surrounded it, in the middle of nowhere. Everything about it screamed beauty.

     The Thompson boy wanted nothing more than to run through its walls and look at it all without interruption. He couldn't, of course. They had to wait for the Queen to enter before they could, so they waited like staff instead. One of the footmen opened the carriage and took her hand so that she might step down with more ease.

     As she did, the man who must have been Sir Robert MacLeish stepped from his home. He was followed by a huge amount of bald, male, staff. It was odd, but EJ couldn't judge.

     Sir Robert bowed as he faced her. "Your Majesty."

  "Sir Robert," The Queen offered him as close to a smile as she generally mustered. "My apologies for the emergency. And how is Lady Isobel?"

"She's... indisposed, I'm afraid." He stumbled over his words, slightly. "She's gone to Edinburgh for the season. And she's taken the cook with her. The kitchens are barely stocked. I wouldn't blame Your Majesty if you wanted to ride on."

"Not at all!" Queen Victoria said, her mind made up. "I've had quite enough carriage exercise, and this is... charming... if rustic. It's my first visit to this house. My late husband spoke of it often. The Torchwood Estate."

Torchwood. EJ was sure he'd heard the name before, at least once. It took him a moment to come to the realisation that Torchwood was the company Angel worked for in Canary Wharf. This must have been the place where they coined their name; a coincidence if ever there was one.

"Now, shall we go inside? And please excuse the naked girl."

Rose blushed a deep shade of pink. "Sorry!"

"She's a feral child, I bought her for sixpence in old London Town." The Doctor added to their story, edging it on so that it might sound more convincing.

EJ copied his tone, though his words were empty. "It was a shame we couldn't sell her back after she started running naked. She's a ghastly thing, surely."

"It was her or the elephant man."

"Thinks he's funny, but I'm not amused." Rose turned herself towards the sovereign. "What do you think, ma'am?"

The Queen looked at her, expectantly. "It hardly matters. Shall we proceed?"

Queen Victoria, Sir Robert, a few of the guards and housemen all walked in together. The Doctor, EJ and Rose had to wait. They weren't counted as important in this situation, which annoyed the Thompson boy more than he wanted to admit.

Through gritted teeth, Rose groaned. "So close."

EJ shook his head in disbelief. "You're such a try hard."

  "Mackeson and Ramsey you will escort the property, hurry up." The Captain directed his men.

  They removed a very swanky and expensive looking box from the carriage, which two men carried. The Doctor's curiosity was less than a virtue sometimes. "So what's in there, then?"

  "Property of the Crown." He said. "You will dismiss any further thoughts, sir. The rest of you, go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions."

  "You heard the orders! Positions!"

  "Sir!"

     The guardsmen moving gave The Doctor, EJ and Rose their cue to enter the rather grand home and follow on behind Sir Robert. They were taken on a tour of Torchwood House, being lead by him, but Queen Victoria's slow pace keeping them further behind than they might have hoped.

      They were, however, tailed by three of the bald staff into every room they entered. It was sort of unnerving, their presence, and not at all what EJ expected from Victorian footmen.

     Sir Robert lead them into an observatory with the most marvellous arches. The ceilings were high, and there was a telescope like things branching through until it met a glass dome to contain it. For time, and for anything really, this was brilliant. EJ hadn't seen a thing like it.

     "This, I take it, is the famous endeavour." The Queen marvelled the same as the rest.

  "All my fathers work." Sir Robert nodded in agreement. "Built by hand, in his final years. It became something of an obsession. He spent his money on this, rather than caring for the house, or himself."

  "I wish I'd met him. I like him." The Doctor grinned, staring at the telescope. "That is beautiful. Can I...?"

  "Help yourself."

  The Doctor marched over to the main body of the machine as he questioned. "What did he model it on?"

  "I know nothing about it." Sir Robert shook his head watching as Rose looked over the crank wheel, and EJ turned his head to the ceiling where it was directed at the sky. "To be honest, most of us thought him a little... shall we say, eccentric."

  "Hah!"

  "I wish now I'd spent more time with him. And listened to his stories."

  "It's a bit rubbish." The Doctor hummed as he pushed himself to the floor, looking through the eyepiece. "How many prisms has it got? Way too many!"

  EJ did as he was supposed to, and kicked the Doctor's side lightly with his foot. "Doctor."

  "The magnification's gone right over the top, that's stupid..." He pulled himself to his feet, and wandered slightly, backing the others away. "Am I being rude again?"

  "Yep." Rose popped the p as EJ nodded furiously.

  "Very."

  "But it's pretty!" The Doctor turned on his heels to face them, attempting to rectify. "It's very pretty."

  Queen Victoria added. "And the imagination of it should be applauded."

  "Mmh, I thought you might disapprove Your Majesty. Star gazing." Rose really was trying her best, and it was almost uncomfortable to watch. "Isn't that a bit fanciful? You could easily... not be amused, or something. No?"

  The Doctor was quite clearly holding in a laugh as he rubbed his eye, covering his face. Even so, the Queen did not fall for her trap. "This device shows the infinite work of God. What could be finer? Sir Robert's father was an example to us all. A polymath, steeped in astronomy and the sciences, yet equally well versed in folklore and fairytales."

  "Stars and magic." He hummed. "I like him more and more."

  EJ nudged into the Doctor's side. "I bet he's got a library with a brain like that."

  "Oh, my late husband enjoyed his company. Prince Albert himself was acquainted with many rural superstitions, coming as he did from Saxe-Coburg."

  The Doctor whispered at them. "That's Bavaria."

  "When Albert was told about your local wolf, he was transported."

  That alone was enough to grasp the Doctor's attention fully, and EJ could feel his heart beating faster. He had always loved those stories, they made him forget about the real world. "What's this wolf then?"

  Sir Robert dismissed it. "It's just a story."

  "Then tell it."

  He hesitated a moment before his eyes flashed to his side, directed at the staff. "It's said-"

  "Excuse me, sir." The bald man at the front of the pack interrupted. "Perhaps Her Majesty's party could repair to their rooms. It's almost dark."

  "Of course," There was a queasy look now upon Sir Robert's face. "Yes, of course."

  "And then supper." Said the Queen, decisively. "And, could we find some clothes for Miss Tyler? I'm tired of nakedness."

  "It's not amusing," Rose pressed and EJ sighed, deeply. "Is it?"

  She was only sent a look, before conversation resumed. "Sir Robert, your wife must have left some clothes. See to it. We shall dine at seven, and talk some more of this wolf. After all, there's a full moon tonight."

  Sir Robert signed as the door opened for them to exit through. "So there is, ma'am."

They were each given a room to retire to, should they need to freshen up, though EJ saw no reason why he should. All he did first was check his phone, but there were no new messages. He supposed that was a good thing. So, he waited outside of the Doctor's door until he decided to go downstairs for dinner.

He seemed surprised when the door opened, to see EJ directly in front of him. However, the Thompson boy just shrugged, and explained how he didn't want to go down all alone. He didn't know where Rose was, and frankly, it didn't seem like the right time period for him to enter a woman's quarters, even if they were just friends.

There were five of them around the large, wooden table when the butler walked in. It was no surprise to be another one of the bald men, the most well spoken of them all.

"Your companion begs an apology, Doctor, Mr Thompson. Her clothing has somewhat delayed her."

"Oh, that's alright." The Doctor scrunched his nose. "Save her a wee bit of ham."

The Queen almost laughed. "The feral child could probably eat it raw."

However, the Captain did not have a sense of decorum like the others, and cackled freely. "Ha! Very wise, ma'am. Very witty!"

"Slightly witty, perhaps. I know you rarely get the chance to dine with me, Captain, but don't get too excited. I shall contain my wit in case I do you further injury."

"Yes, ma'am. Sorry, ma'am."

"Besides, we're all waiting on Sir Robert," The Doctor reminded, having somewhat of an obsession with this werewolf hardly mentioned. "Come, sir. You promised us a tale of nightmares."

"Indeed." The Queen agreed. "Since my husbands death, I find myself with more of a taste for supernatural fiction."

The Doctor sighed. "You must miss him."

"Very much." She responded, very serious, and then suddenly, very sad. "Oh, completely. And that's the charm of a ghost story, isn't it? Not the scared and the chills, that's just for children, but the... hope of some contact with the great beyond. We all want some message from that place. It's the Creator's mystery, and we're allowed no such consolation. The dead stay silent. And we must wait."

To be truthful, EJ had never thought of it like that before. The idea that stories are all we have of those passed. It was all that was left of his sister, and yet, never once did it occur to him.

The Doctor looked morbid as she spoke, his face losing colour, and joy. The black haired boy took his hand beneath the table. He wished that they didn't have to be secretive about such platonic things, but EJ didn't want to be shot. He wasn't as lucky as Captain Jack, Rose couldn't bring him back to life.

"But come," She broke out of her shell, and smiled. "Begin your tale, Sir Robert. There's a chill in the air, the wind is howling through the eaves. Tell us of monsters."

"The story goes back 300 years. Every full moon, the howling rings through the valley. Next morning, livestock is found, ripped apart and... devoured."

"Tales like these just disguise the work of thieves." The Captain said, leaning back. "Steal a sheep, blame a wolf, simple as that."

EJ shrugged. "Unless there really is a wolf."

"But sometimes a child goes missing." Sir Robert countered. "Once in a generation, a boy will vanish from his homestead."

"Are there any descriptions of the creature?"

"Oh, yes, Doctor. Drawings, and wood carvings. And it's not merely a wolf. It's more than that. This is a man that becomes an animal."

There was a realisation which made the Doctor grin widely, and a shiver run down EJ's spine. "A werewolf?"

"My father didn't treat it as a story. He said it was a fact. He even claimed to have communed with the beast, to have learned its purpose. I should have listened. His work was hindered. He made enemies. There's a monastery in the Glen of St Catherine. The Brethren opposed my fathers investigations."

"Perhaps they thought his work ungodly." The Queen suggested.

"That's what I thought. But now I wonder..." Sir Robert seemed unsure, but his gaze kept wandering. EJ saw him staring at the butler, who was looking out of the window, and mumbling something in Latin. "What if they had a different reason for wanting the story kept quiet? What if they turned from God and worshipped the wolf?"

The Doctor didn't have to move to understand what was happening. "And what if they were with us right now?"

Within moments, everything changed. Panic had overrun the room when they realised that the staff were the Brethren, and they were under attack. The Captain was stood with gun in hand, directed at the bald man's head, a clear shot to be taken. EJ had backed away. He didn't like guns. He certainly didn't like ancient guns, either.

     "What is the meaning of this?" Queen Victoria demanded.

  Sir Robert turned to her full of apologies. "Sorry, Your Majesty, they've got my wife."

  "Where's Rose?" The Doctor was screaming at the Brethren now, having lost his accent completely. "Where is she?"

  "Doctor..." EJ's foot tapped furiously against the floor. "Doctor!"

It was enough of a distraction for the Doctor to pause and think things through. "EJ! Sir Robert! Come on!"

They ran as fast as their legs would take them, whilst Sir Robert explained where they had been hiding the wolf. They assumed that was where Rose would be, considering it was the Brethren who made excuses for her earlier on. It just didn't make sense because werewolves didn't exist, and EJ would have been sure of that until ten minutes ago.

He drew them towards the stable, and with all of his pent up energy, EJ was more than glad to kick the door down. Inside, amongst the straw, and a cage, were tens of people rushing out with Sir Robert guiding them.

"Where the hell have you been?" Rose scolded him, angrily.

There was a cracking, and so the Doctor turned back, and saw the werewolf in its cage. It reared an ugly head, but still he was in awe of it. "Oh, that's beautiful."

He stood there, and he watched it, attempting to break out of the cage. EJ pulled at the Doctor, wanting him as far from the danger as possible. It was only when the cage splintered that he finally moved away. The werewolf was free and they were still in the same room as it.

"Out! Out! Out!" The Doctor pushed them from the space, lingering a moment too long as the cage was thrown at his head.

He slammed the door behind him. The sonic made sure the locks wouldn't open as easily, but it wasn't as if it could be promised. They heard the wolf howl, and EJ needed a moment to catch his breath. He wasn't allowed one, because the Doctor was pulling him into the armoury, but he needed it.

The howl had sent a chill through his body; one that EJ hadn't felt for a long time. It was a true fear. He didn't want to die.

They were handing guns out by the ten, a chaos of gunpowder and bullets as they prepared. Lady Isobel was saying her goodbyes to Sir Robert, which was a heartwarming sight, but he couldn't focus on them, and he couldn't take a gun either. All EJ could do was pave, attempting to control his anxiety for a better time.

"Could be any light modulated species triggered by wavelengths." The Doctor rallied his mind for something to click. "Did it say was it wanted?"

Rose listed a vast amount of things. "The Queen, the crown, the throne, you name it."

They heard the sound of splintering wood as the door was broken down, so the Doctor moved first, and peeked his head around the corner. EJ didn't question what it was he saw, but he assumed it was the wolf as he ran back into the room. His hands grabbed onto their arms, pulling them from the gunfire, keeping them safe.

"Fire!" One of the farmers commanded from the other men. "Fire!"

There was enough gunfire, and enough pain, to cause the werewolf to leave them. The Doctor nodded in the smoke filled room, and stepped forwards. "Alright, you men. We should retreat upstairs. Follow me."

"I'll not retreat." The farmer replied, his accent thick, and angry. "The battle's done. There's no creature on God's Earth could survive such an assault."

"Then maybe you should start to realise this isn't God's Earth." EJ retorted, spitting his way. "That creature isn't from here, and it doesn't abide by our rules."

The farmer tried squaring up to the Thompson boy, and whilst he was larger, he wasn't taller in the slightest. EJ and the Doctor stood at similar heights, meaning there was little he could do to intimidate him. "I'm telling you, come upstairs." The Doctor repeated himself.

"I'm telling you, sir, I will sleep well tonight with that things hide upon my wall." He stepped into the doorway to see an empty hall. He smiled, smugly. "It must have crawled away to die..."

He should have known that creatures so formidable never gave up that easily. It reminded EJ of his father, almost. Vile, cruel, evil. The farmer was picked up from the ceiling, and eaten alive.

"There's nothing we can do!" The Doctor shouted, running off as quickly as he could.

Though, only EJ and Rose followed on. The others were victims of their time. Guns fired from all directions, hoping their assault might kill the werewolf, but it wouldn't. They would die themselves before that happened.

They didn't have to lose their lives, and EJ wasn't going to lose his either. He was going to run for his life, but God, his legs were tired.

✯ ★ ✯

Disclaimer!!!
I do not own Doctor Who, it's characters and original storylines. The only things I do own are my own characters, my addition to the series and my own storylines. Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.1K 28 24
10th Doctor x Fem OC Alex is a Gallifraxen, a planet located right next to the ever so famous planet Gallifrey, the place where Time Lords came from...
69.6K 2.3K 67
callisto, an alien from a far away planet, is trapped in a museum of alien artefacts. a man with no name and only a job title finds her and invites h...
953 65 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...
5.3K 304 7
"I AM THE LAST OF MY KIND, JUST LIKE YOU." when juniper holloway bumps into a peculiar man who makes her mind ache, she realises that is in fact not...