Regulus Black the Potions Mas...

By BrunaRogers

He should have died in that cave in 1979. When he asked his goblin, Monstro, to take him there, Regulus knew... More

Warnings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Capítulo 26
Capítulo 27
Capítulo 28
Capítulo 29
Capítulo 30
Capítulo 31
Capítulo 32
Capítulo 33
Capítulo 34
Capítulo 35
Capítulo 36
Capítulo 37
Capítulo 38
Capítulo 39
Capítulo 40
Capítulo 41
Capítulo 42
Capítulo 43
Capítulo 44
Capítulo 45
Capítulo 46

Chapter 6

165 6 0
By BrunaRogers

1991

The first of September fell on a Sunday this year, and at eight in the evening, all the students from the second year and upwards were seated in their seats, on the only night that students sat at their respective tables in their homes.

The teachers were sitting at the big main table waiting for the selection to begin. Regulus was in his usual spot at the end of the table, closest to the Slytherin table, with Quirrell sitting next to him.

Hours ago he saw Quirrell and Hagrid answering the curiosity of the other teachers, so Regulus discovered that both had met Harry Potter, who had finally entered Hogwarts.

Regulus preferred to just wait and see with his own eyes, instead of getting attached to the image that others colored.

The last time he heard of Harry Potter was in 1983, when in a conversation Dumbledore said that the boy was safe with the boy's family. Regulus guessed it was on Lily's side, as there were no direct relatives of James alive.

Another person coming to Hogwarts is his nephew Draco, although he has a good relationship with Narcissa and even with Draco, Regulus knows what a father's influence is in the life of someone so young.

At least while the boy is at school, the boy could learn something besides the blind hatred of the different.

When the doors opened, Regulus' attention turned to the small mass of children entering the hall, while the choir sang the school anthem. Even after twenty years, his undivided attention becomes expendable.

So when the performance was over, he just applauded politely, his attention riveted on the students' fascinated faces. While things were being prepared for Sorting, McGonagall explained to the children.

Regulus found Draco easily, his blond locks standing out among the children. As well as the unruly curls on which he easily recognized Harry Potter, the boy is the spitting image of his father, almost like a perfect copy. But the differences were there for anyone who remembered the dead man. Her eyes were the biggest difference, emerald green instead of chocolate brown, Lily's eyes. Other than that, the boy looked very short, even compared to peers of the same age, there was a considerable height difference. And he looked shy, something Regulus in particular never saw in the boy's father. Some glasses were round while James's were more square, silly difference, but still there.

Regulus also caught a glimpse of the red locks of a boy with a round face and freckles.

Weasley he thought, the similarities there to compare with the other five who had gone before him Arthur Weasley couldn't just read books or anything else in his spare time.

Over the top of his head, he counted nearly forty students. People made their lives count during the war. He thought in front of the largest number of first years since he became a teacher.

"Hannah Abbott," Minerva called. And everyone shut up to listen to the selection.

A girl with a rosy face and blond pigtails stumbled out of line and sat down on the stool. McGonagall placed the old talking hat on her head.

"Hufflepuff," announced the hat after a moment of silence.

The hall erupted in applause and some students flinched from the rumble. The girl moved to the table on the right closest to the stool.

"Susan Bones!"

"Hufflepuff," the hat announced again, and Susan hurried out and went to sit beside Hannah.

Two Hufflepuffs in a row are two Galleons for Persie. Even three years since she left Hogwarts the two still talk regularly through letters. And the annual bet on the first years continues as usual; a galleon for every head entering your house, and fifteen more for whoever has the most fledglings.

"I'd throw it in your face that you're paying me for your niece," she said as he blacked out, "but you don't seem surprised.

"If you knew her like I did, and her father, you'd know she was Hufflepuff, or thank Merlin no, a Gryffindor."

"Rivalry never dies."

He just smiled at that.

His attention returned to the group when the hat screamed Slytherin, and his house erupted in applause as a girl made her way towards the table. In Regulus' early years as a Professor, and for the most part as a student, he didn't tend to see any level of celebration when someone was sorted into Slytherin, all the problems the house had with their peers, most of which stemmed from previous years. to their birth, pure resentment.

Today he is proud to see the students, especially the older ones, from the other three houses applauding their new children.

"Justin Finch-Fletchley!"

"Hufflepuff."

He clapped again, keeping his expression as light as possible even though he was losing on his bet, it wouldn't be very mature of him to scare the students just because he was losing a few Galleons because of a childish deal with his friend.

Seamus Finnigan, Hermione Granger: Gryffindor. Another two girls for Ravenclaw.

"Neville Longbottom."

Regulus' breath failed for a second, the boy walked towards the stool. Regulus didn't like to think about what landed his former best friend in prison, especially after he died in early 1983. What Barty did was already terrible and disgusting, knowing the poor baby who was practically orphaned by his cruel and heinous acts. of their friend and cousin, a baby who is now eleven years old but who had no chance of having a real family because of them. Then he once defended. Regulus' stomach lurched and he felt a lump forming in his throat.

But what happened to the Longbottoms wasn't his fault, there was nothing he could have done that could have stopped it. But guilt is an ugly friend who is always waiting to hug you.

"Gryffindor," the hat announced and he clapped along with the rest. Gryffindor like their parents.

The boy hurried to his seat still with the hat on his head, when he noticed him return, his face red as a tomato with embarrassment before he returned to the table.

There were two more girls before another name he knew was announced.

"Draco Malfoy."

Draco walked up the steps with a cheap imitation of his father's pomposity, head held high and an air of feeling better than everyone there.

The boy's ego was always an issue, with Narcissa and Lucius treating him like the next King of England, spoiled to the bone. Time at school would help the boy realize that he is just a normal person, at least Regulus hopes for that. For there is not the slightest chance of treating the nephew in any special way and accepting any rule-breaking that the boy - being Lucius's son - will make.

Draco sat down on the bench and McGonagall lowered her hat so that it barely touched the boy's head.

"Slytherin.

It is clear.

Regulus smiled and applauded his nephew as he did everyone before him. Draco turned to him before stepping down and walking over to the table, a half-happy, half-cocky smile as he walked past the as-yet-unsorted students.

Moon..., Nott and Parkinson " Slytherin obviously. Two Patil twins, one for Ravenclaw, one for Gryffindor, Perkes..., Sarah... and finally.

"Harry Potter!"

The hall erupted in exclamations and questions, the students murmured, or at least they thought they did. The sound of all the voices blended into a cacophony. It was to be expected that Potter would attract so much attention, after all the boy not only survived an Avada but is also the cause of the defeat of the Dark Lord.

But unlike Regulus waiting for the boy who lived, and James' son, the boy looked strangely shy and even a little uncomfortable in the spotlight as he walked to the bank.

McGonagall placed her hat on her head, unruly curls escaping to the side.

Everyone fell silent, spurred on to get some insight. Regulus noticed Dumbledore's interest in the way he leaned forward the tiniest bit, as did half the teachers. Regulus watched as after the first minute, the boy grabbed the edge of the bench.

As minutes passed, silence filled the air in anticipation.

A hat empath, who knew. Regulus would have bet on Gryffindor without batting an eye, but the selection was not how he would have bet. If he did, he would tell the hat to conclude as quickly as it did with Draco. But again he was wrong.

Nothing out of the ordinary, Persie's voice sounded in her mind, its tone mocking.

"Gryffindor!" the hat finally announced. The table of lions roared. And Dumbledore looked particularly pleased about it.

More long minutes passed while the other students were selected. He saw Harry sit down next to the youngest Weasley and talk to Percy Weasley, the new Gryffindor prefect. And then looking directly at Regulus, he smiled back, before focusing back on his other new students.

At the end of the selection, he owed Persie eleven Galleons and both ended in a tie. Who could have said ten years ago that your healthy friendship with someone your age would be with a Muggle-born? The turns the world takes.

Dumbledore descended from his seat to the front of the head table, his speech in progress.

"Welcome," said the old man. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts!" Before we begin our feast, I'd like to say a few words: Goofy! Cry! Featured! Pinch! Thanks.

Regulus forced himself not to roll his eyes, it wouldn't be a good example.

He focused on the feast as it emerged, glancing at the fraternizing students. After dessert, Dumbledore got up again.

"Hmm... just a few more words now that we've eaten and drunk. I have some start-of-the-year notices for you:

"First-year students should note that walking through the forest on the property is prohibited. And senior students benefited from remembering this prohibition.

Mr. Filch asked me to remind you that you can't do magic in the halls.

Quidditch tryouts will be in the second week of school. Anyone interested in joining your home team should look to Madame Hooch. And finally, it is necessary to warn that, this year, the corridor on the third floor on the right side is forbidden to anyone who does not want a very painful death."

Damn, Dumbledore Regulus swore, ignoring the voice much like Mrs. Jameson complaining about his language. At least he only did that in the presence of adults, or when he was alone.

Either way, Dumbledore's mind is a challenge for any sage to understand. What a stupid idea it is to put the third-floor hallway so prominently.

It's clear that Regulus knows what's stored there, and because the death of any meddling idiot would be painful, he even helps to ensure the safety of the place, even if he privately is against the idea of bringing the philosopher's stone to Hogwarts. As safe as the school might be, if Voldemort was trying to return or reach the stone it would only be putting the students at risk.

But now he's given all the nosy brats something to explore. And those two redheaded twin boys would be trouble. Now he would have to make more rounds on the third floor to keep the Weasley twins from being eaten by a three-headed dog.

Wonderful, truly incredible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 11.3K 90
↬ in which Regulus and Rune find out that broken pieces still fit together. **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Academic rivals. Everyone knew they were that. The hat...
2.4K 78 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...
97 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Oriah Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
1.5M 56.1K 115
𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊, born to Lyra Potter and Regulus Black, is Harry's older cousin, 1/3 of the Prankers Trio and niece to mass murder...