The Reluctant Heroes | ʙɴʜᴀ...

By DQuietBanshee

⫸ MAKE A DECISION: ⌌ ⌍ ◇... More

Welcome Readers!
Chapter 1: Big News
Chapter 2: Transportation
Chapter 3: Shopping Adventure
Chapter 4: Lost and Found
Chapter 6: Small Talk
Chapter 7: Search
Chapter 8: Safe
Chapter 9: How To Spend The Time
Chapter 10: Valuable
Chapter 11: The Meeting
Chapter 12: The Eighth

Chapter 5: Fight or Flight

228 14 3
By DQuietBanshee

[Overhaul might act a little OOC, don't kill me for that, thanks, byeeeeee! Love you all!]

_____________________

"Eri, come here"

The man reached out towards the girl, who was hiding behind Sally, eyes closed tight.

She was scared.

So scared that the other girl in the pink dress could feel her shake.

Seeing that the girl wasn't moving, the man grew impatient.

"Eri"

He spoke sternly, his eyes glaring daggers through Sally and into 'Eri', her body freezing when he called again. Her hands flew up to her ears, while she shook her head.

The two women present, visible or not, clearly saw that this girl wanted to be as far away from the man as possible.

Seriously, you'd have to be blind to not notice it.

While the girl in pink was shielding Eri, staring at the man with a small glare of her own, Scarlet stepped in front of Sally to protect them both.

"Seems like she doesn't wanna go with you, pal. You should just turn around and leave"

His eyes trailed from the girl to the woman, his arm falling to his side, but standing his ground, eyebrows raised.

"And who are you?"

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm her fathe-"

"You are not. You're doing a shit job at pretending that. Look how she's scared of you" Scarlet glared back at the dark haired man, her arms crossing in front of her chest.

Jane resurfaced by the two girls, out of his sight, telling Sally to try and comfort this 'Eri' girl, before hiding again, quietly watching the scene unfold.

He didn't speak at first, clearly looking annoyed by thr womans presence.

That girl just had to run off again.

Another issue for him to fix.

Like he didn't have enough work to do.

Running the whole Shie Hassaikai isn't at all a lazy job, and now he has to deal with this.

To say his annoyance was through the roof was an understatement.

"I don't have time for someone to lecture me. I can do what I want. Now get out of the way or you'll get hurt"

A small gasp could be heard in the alley, coming from the white haired girl.

She didn't want anyone to get hurt just because of her selfish needs.

Scarlet sized him up and down, wondering how strong he could be in order to have this amount of confidence.

"Is that a threat?" She raised her brow, unimpressed - though before she could say anything else, quick steps caught her attention and long, white hair came into view.

"Don't. I.....I'll go" Eri spoke, her voice shaking, standing as if she wanted to shield the woman and Sally. Scarlet was somewhat surprised. This girl was terrified of the man, yet she was willing to go back wherever she ran away from - with him.

"Very good. You know not to runaway. Or did you already forget why?" He looked down upon her, towering above her small frame. She was still shaking, scanning the ground for a small burst of confidence or anything at all that would help her ease her nerves. Fidgeting with her hands, she just nodded, not even looking back as she took a step towards him, while he turned around and began to leave.

"Are you going back? With him?"

Another voice sounded behind Scarlet. Sally, with worry evident in her features, walked next to the dark haired woman. Eri froze for a moment, but didn't look her way, silence enveloping the alley. Since she wasn't given a response, her eyebrows knitted together, a frown making it's way onto her face.

"Doesn't he hurt you?"

She asked again, the hold on her teddy tightening. Though this reaction was not from sadness or worry.

Sally was getting angry.

"I...you'll get hurt if I don't" Eri spoke just barely above whisper, eyes shut.

"But you'll get hurt too!"

Sally countered, her hands in small fists. The adult next to her noticed small rocks around the girls feet begin to float a few inches above ground. She sighed, her hand rising and patting the girls head. Sally looked up at her, only to see the woman smiling, before she turned back to the man, who was looking back at them and the girl who was halfway to him, standing frozen in place.

With quick motion, Scarlet appeared behind Eri, hand on her shoulder. The girls eyes shot upwards to meet green ones, before they broke contact, the woman looking towards the male.

"We might have a small problem"

The man stayed silent, not even turning around fully.

"You see, my sister and I have a... small ick towards men like you. So, after a careful consideration..." she stepped in front of the shaken up girl while Sally ran up to her, taking hold of her hand in reassurance.

"I've decided that you shouldn't be anywhere near her" she smiled, though that smile was anything but cheerful. Well-hidden anger was all that was behind it.

Eri began to panic as she noticed the man turn and glare at the woman, while she stood her ground.

She wasn't scared, the girl could tell; but she knew how he could be. He's strong - too strong for a pro hero to take on and yet this woman decided to stand up to him as if he was a nobody.

She didn't seem like a pro hero to her. Something about her was giving her the opposite feeling, actually. But she wasn't scared of this woman, nor the girl her age.

The way the woman stood up for her, hiding her behind her tall frame while the girl, Sally, held her hand, smiling as if they have known eachother for years and as if this was nothing made her trembling somewhat ease.

But this wasn't nothing and that man was dangerous beyond belief.

''So you'll take away someone you just met? What do you know about her?....Eri''

The girls hold on Sallys hand tightened, while the girl in pink glared his way.

"Tell them how dangerous you are"

Both Sally and Scarlet noticed that the girl began to sob. What the adult didn't notice was that the kids hand subconsciously reached towards the small horn on her forehead.

"You'll just hurt th-"

''Shut it, you manipulative fuck. By what I'm seeing, we're doing this kid a favour. You should just turn around and forget you ever even knew her'' she waved him off.

The mans patience was running thin.

Who was this?

His mind immediately went to her being a pro hero, but if that was the case, she'd try to apprehend him by now, no? Maybe she knows who he is and that's why she's not doing it? No, this nuisance doesn't seem like she knows a thing.

Her face seems to ring a bell somewhere in the back of his mind though, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

He sized her up and down, the same way she did, before speaking up again.

''Tell me. Who are you''

''And you tell me, who's asking?'' She held back a chuckle when she saw him roll his eyes. Pinching the bridge of his nose which was barely visible above the mask, he sighed.

''Give me the girl"

"Or what, tucan beak?" She grinned.

"You'll get hurt -" his eyes fell to the girl holding onto Eri in comfort.

"-and I'll start with her"

.
.
.

It was almost surprising how fast her confident grin fell. She tilted her head up, eyes going up and down, clenching her teeth.

She took a small step towards him, eyes sharp, not glancing an inch away from his own, her lips now a straight line.

The man in question just raised a brow at her sudden change in attittude.

'Guess I struck a nerve' he concluded, rising his guard up. The air around her changed - she looked like some stubborn fool that was over her head, boasting with confidence and jokes before.

'With a look like that I doubt she's a hero. Another villain maybe?' he wondered, getting ripped out of his thoughts when she spoke up.

''Listen here, pal. It was all fun and games when you threatened me, I'm fine with that...'' she took another step, now almost face to face with him - or face to mask, that is. Her green eyes glared daggers into his, a glare that held a look he knew all too well in the Underground.

Bloodlust

''...but if you even dare to threaten my sister? Oh, you bet your skinny ass that I will rip your guts out and decorate this fucking alley with them''

The way she stared at him only gave more to the threat - this wouldn't be the first blood she'd want to spill in her life. It made his anger only grow.

Was this lowlife of a villain serious?

Threatening him?

Eri couldn't believe her ears. She was scared out of her mind that something would happen to the duo - they didn't deserve that. But whenever she wanted to speak up or run towards him so he would spare them, Sally stopped her.

'It's fine' 'Big sis can handle this' - is what she always replied with. Though she trusted that the woman was capable of handling her own, her fear was slowly getting the best of her.

And no, she wasn't forgetting that the other woman, the one with brown hair, was lurking here somewhere - that element of surprise is the only thing that helped her worries.

---

A man in his 40s was running around, cradling his painful wrist, anger boiling in his gut.

'I'll make that bitch pay! I'll put her straight in jail!' He glared into nothing, looking around. And there he saw them - heroes.

"HEY!"

The two turned around fast, one of them nearly jumping at the tone the man spoke with.

"Is there something you need, sir?" The taller one spoke as the other composed himself.

"Of course there is! Look at my hand!" The man used his other one to gently raise the hurt wrist. It started to bruise already.

"Oh, do you need us to call the ambulance, sir?" The blond asked.

"I can call them on my own, you dimwhit! I want you to arrest the woman that did this!" The tall one raised his arms in defense, a smile still present on his features.

"There's no need to be mean, sir. Do you know where this woman went?"

"Yes of course I do! Now, follow me!" The man stomped off, while the duo locked eyes and shrugged, before following behind.

---

"You? Threatening me? Do you know who I am?" The male glared. She was really getting on his nerves; the longer he stayed here the more issues it might cause.

To his annoyance, the woman just grinned, the bloodlust still behind her eyes, as if a warning.

"I don't know nor do I care who you are, asshole. But this conversation has been going on for too long" her expression turned to stern, one of her arms reaching to her back pocket.

"We are taking the girl"

"You little-"

"There she is, that BITCH!"

Everyones heads turned to the opening of the alley, where three people now stood - a man in a suit, which only Scarlet found familiar. The two others were heroes - students, that is.

'Well, fuck us'

There, right at the entry, next to a tall blond in a white body suit and red cape, stood Greenie.

The moment was still as the villains and heroes assessed the situation.

Before anyone began to speak however, the girl in pink began sink into the ground. She had her back turned to them, but they could hear her gasp. She was sinking quickly, grabbing onto the other girl next to her, whose eyes widened, confused and scared.

The man clicked his tongue, his hand now reaching quickly towards the woman in front of him as she watched the newcomers while Greenie made his way towards the two girls disappearing out of view.

But the woman crouched down fast, pulling out the blade in one quick swoop, before turning around, catching him off guard and stabbing his leg and pulling the blade out. The man yelled out in pain, falling down when she tripped him.

Then she turned towards Sally and Eri, the white haired girls arm being held by Greenie as he tried to get her out, the woman gritted her teeth.

"Always a nuisance" mumbling under her breath, her power increased as she lowered herself, only to propel her body forward.

The student didn't even know what happened when he felt dull pain in his gut, sending him flying into the wall.

"Deku!" Now the other student jumped in as the woman stood before the sinking girls.

'Who's this guy?' She got ready - only for him to also sink into the ground.

'Same quirk as Jane maybe?' Her eyes raced around the walls and pavement, but she couldn't see any signs of him being there. Maybe on a different basis?

'I can't stay much longer...' she furrowed her brows, when she noticed someones presence near her.

'Is that him?' There wasn't any indication of him actually being there, but she could tell he was quickly approaching her position. Getting ready, the pocket knife in hand, she struck forward, just in time to see the student resurface, fists ready.

His beady eyes widened at the weapon, dodging just enough for it to only slice his cheek. Resurfacing completely, hand on the lightly bleeding wound, he turned around only to see the woman also suddenly sink.

He noticed that the kids were gone now, Deku was shaking off the rubble and the other man present was leaving, his fists clenched in anger and with a slight limp.

Seeing that only her hair was now visible, he used his quirk in hopes of catching her.

He wondered that maybe, just maybe she had a similar quirk as him, meaning he would be able to catch her.

But as much as he searched, he couldn't find the woman.

Most importantly, he couldn't find the kidnapped kids.

He couldn't find anyone.

Not holding his breath any longer, he resurfaced as the other student went towards him in a hurry.

"We can still get that man!" He pointed into the alley. But Lemillion just shook his head.

Though Deku didn't want to let that man leave, he soon came to know that who they met wasn't just an ordinary villain.

Overhaul, the leader of Shie Hassaikai - he was a strong villain.

The woman was a mystery on it's own, but the two kids...

Those poor kids seemed so confused. They were barely 13.

What did they even witness?

They weren't sure, but those two swore they would get to the bottom of this, just for those kids alone.

They wouldn't be heroes if they didn't!

Whatever it takes...they will find them.

And they'll start with the only person they knew here - Overhaul.

TO BE CONTINUED>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Proti své vůli By Velyrinn

Mystery / Thriller

23.7K 1.8K 35
Šestnáctiletá francouzska, Angharad Bellerose, se roku 2010 vydává na dovolenou do Spojených Arabských Emirátů pouze se svou matkou. Ale do rodné Fra...
86.4K 3.9K 15
Deku je normální kluk co chodí na střední školu. Ale má přijít nový učitel. A Deku si ho až moc zamiluje. Bude za to Todoroki trestán?
51.7K 5.5K 97
Probudil se do naprosté tmy a hrozného hluku. Vyskočil na nohy, když se kolem něj ozval zvuk podobný siréně. Místo, v němž se nacházel, se pohybovalo...
1.9K 16 22
Jaké by asi bylo kdyby ses z role obyčejné studentky stala Princeznou Zmijozelu a zjistila, že jsi vlastně úplně někdo jiný ? Tvá první a poslední lá...