Check PUZZLE / Park Jisung/

By Midhya9

#decode More

B for BETTER

A for AGAIN?

25 1 0
By Midhya9

"But why do you suddenly want to open that case again?"
The official leaned back on his chair as he tried to observe the girl sitting in front of him. Like always, she sat there so comfortably that one would think she owned the whole place.

As expected, there's no hidden emotion emitting from her face, not even in her eyes. Her eyes looked void and she was confident like always.

She shrugged.
"Like I said, I want to find the real culprit".

Her face... there was a flash, for a second, of something, something like she was daring him to do something to her indifferent attitude.

But the man could only sigh though. Mr Jung crossed his arms and shook his head.

"You are so adamant about it's reopening and so I'm sure you would be having something on your mind".

She chuckled.
"You got me there".

"Hana-"
She stood up from the chair. She ducked her hands on her jeans pocket, an addiction to her habitual gestures.

A sigh, followed by a forced smile. It looked as if she smiled to convince herself.

"I want to find who killed my brother".

The commotion created by the rain outside could be heard as the corridor seemed more and more eerie and cold. The tapping of the footsteps echoed through the halls as two men walked along the hallway, chatting about something.

What they didn't see was the man walking towards them from the opposite direction with his head staring at the floor and the denim jacket he wore stained by blood. It seemed like he was dragging himself nonchalantly to move forwards while his mind kept busy in some thoughts.

"Yes that hospital case. Who was that detective...yes Kim Hana!"
"Yah Chenle, shut up. He'll hear you".

The man named Chenle and the other man immediately glanced upon the man who had his bloodshot eyes directly staring at them.

Getting nervous, they gave a small bow before trying to quickly disappear from Jisung's eyes. Jisung stared at them as they went far away. The white coats they had worn continued to sway in the air and he scoffed.

"Medics".
He muttered.

But the irritation on his face immediately shifted into confusion when a thought occurred to him.
"Kim Hana?"

;

A knock on the door immediately brought the attention of the man sitting beside the table and a faint come in raised in the atmosphere. The door was opened widely by Jisung who came into the room without a second thought and plopped down on the couch.

Jisung could already imagine the disapproving look the other man gave him as he stared at the ceiling blankly.

"What is it Lee Taeyong?"

"Where's the honorifics kid?"
Taeyong once again shook his head in disappointment before throwing a file on the younger one who caught it without any difficulty.

"It is Kim Hana".
Taeyong said, biting his lips while he observed Jisung who started to go through the file without much emotion.

What was he expecting anyway?

"She joined the W-vision and is now a detective there".
Taking away the cigarette that was going to be lighted by Jisung, Taeyong put it in a box which contained a lot of the same.

"Hana wants to reopen the Little Mark Hospital Case".

The hands of the clock kept over the blue wall continued to make the ticking sound and a notification popped up in Jisung's phone.

"Or more specifically, she wants to reinvestigate her brother Kim Daehyun's death".

A chuckle escaped from Jisung as he stared at the message on his phone. A text from an unknown contact.

Let's meet.

The ruined hospital looked even more destructed and horrifying in the moonlight. There wasn't much light in and around the hospital.

A silhouette of someone appeared near the yellow crossing tape of the cops and it went inside the hospital with the help of a mobile flashlight.

The bright light was coming in from all the streetlights around the hospital and it helped her to move forward.

It was still at it's dim point yet a better mode. The lights flickered on and off as she walked through the corridor of the hospital.

It was a pity that such a nice hospital was ruined by fire. There were many burnt items here and there on the way and she already started to look in through everything only to be met with a sudden adrenaline rush throughout her body when a gunshot heard out of nowhere.

"Oh shit".

More and more bullets came her way and she quickly hid behind a wall and took out her gun as she stood in a comfortable position.

From the scene, she assumed there would be around 10-12 attackers. She should have taken something to back up her but now she's sure that she wouldn't be able to hold up with her only gun. She shouldn't have come there in the first place but her anxiety and curiosity to know the truth eventually made her end up in there without even thinking about informing anyone.

This is where she had to use her tactics. Run and hide behind the walls and shoot the first six people she can find in the way. Well , the rest , she had to use her physical strength.

She wanted to believe in herself like she  always did but for some reason, she couldn't for then.

She rushed to hide behind a wall as silent as possible and shot the first person. The sound would have defenitely attracted others and it was her chance to run through a narrow hallway. It took only minutes for her to disappear as she jumped into a hall through the broken window.

Two..

Three...

Four...

Five....

Six....

Thanks to her athletic skill. She could run around the whole ground floor without getting caught but now..it was her turn to check her physical strength.

Taking a deep breath, she took a step towards the oblivious man approaching their way , only to be held back by a hand.

Huh!

She could have thought that it was all over for her but when a familiar scent entered her nostrils, she closed her eyes for a second before opening them and stared at the man beside her with a confused face.

Jisung started whisper shouting at her," Are you really going to fight with them without any backup! Are you crazy? And with this wound..."

Wound?
Hana glanced at her upper elbow and there was surely a cut.
Oh...

"It's just a grazing".
She released herself from his grip and stood straight, again pulled down by Jisung. He quickly got up and shot at the man who was going to attack them.

Jisung hurriedly tied a handkerchief over her elbow and threw a gun towards her.

"I'm not in a mood to fight tonight. Just end them with that".

She stared at Jisung who went to another room cautiously.

It had been years....

Another shot echoed through the walls. It was the starting for a nice fight.

Gunshots and yellings and irregular breathes surrounded the whole air. Two figures rested behind a broken wall as their breathe became deeper and deeper. Yet Hana managed to look at Jisung who had his head leaning back on the wall and a smirk appeared on his face.

"Never would I have thought that we would be meeting like this when you said let's meet".

She rolled her eyes.

"But seriously though, who would expect anyone to react when some unknown contact texts you let's meeeeet".
Jisung chuckled as he flicked his hair.

Hana noticed that he had gotten quite manly from their last meeting. Was it 5 years? She couldn't remember but one thing was sure. It felt like forever.

"You know yourself that you can easily track the person in a few minutes with your ability".

She stared at his veiny hand but what more attracted her was the faded cuts and the new red borns.

"Why did you ask me to meet you?"
It was a genuine question and she pursed her lips. She too haven't thought about much when she asked to meet him.

Because it was too late when she knew he was dangerous. Never would she have expected him to be one among the most dangerous people out there. All those years did really change him.

His eyes were bloodshot and tired. His hair too..had grown up which he tied into a tail. His hair wasn't that much fluffy anymore. It was dishelved that added to his dangerous aura.

"If I ask you to leave that mafia of yours, will you leave it and come with me?"

He scoffed.
"Why would I?"

What was she expecting anyway! It's not like he cared too much about her. Just some old acquaintance.

"I don't want to lose my bullet into your head just because you're a ...mafia".

"Tsk".

"I want you to help me for a case".

Amusement filled his eyes.
"Oh then it's a big wide case for you to  want a detective and a criminal to work on it".

"Jisung-"

"I'm out".

He stood up from the ground and wiped the dust out of his pants.

"Let me give you a nice advice, stay away from me and stay away from whatever case it is. It will only make you regret more and more".

He stared at her.

"I too don't want to lose my bullet into your head. Can't you see , I've changed Kim Hana and I don't want to go back".

Hana stared at his disappearing figure with heaviness filling her chest.

"It's a farewell".
His raised his hand as he shouted.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.1K 92
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
338K 11K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1.2M 53K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
146K 2.9K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...