The Wedding | 18+

By habroman1a

Two completely different people meet at a wedding. Before the wedding, actually. Their worlds cross. "I ca... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 10

185 7 6
By habroman1a

Cora

The day with Anna goes by too quickly. We go shopping for last minute swimsuits and sunscreen, we eat ice cream and talk about the rest of their wedding night after I left.

"You have no idea how gutted Adam looked after you left. It is almost weird to see emotions on his face."

I can't help but feel a little joy.

"Oh, speaking of Adam, I got the wedding pictures. They're not printed out, but you have to see this!" She looks at her phone for a minute before giving it to me.

I hold my breath.

It is a picture of us dancing.

Adam is slightly leaning in to tell me something while smirking and I am laughing.

I am looking in his eyes and he is very noticeably staring at my mouth and lips.

His hands are so big on my waist and back that they cover almost most of it.

We look like we just fit.

We look beautiful.

"Well, what do you think?" When I am probably staring at the picture for way too long, Anna asks.

"Um, it is a nice picture." I can't hide my smile.

"What is going on between you two?" She exclaims, clapping her hands.

"He left me his number with the receptionist, but I never got the chance to actually get it, because I was already in the cab." I shrug.

"No way! Adam Hayes left you his number?" She yells out.

"Yes, why?" I laugh.

"From all the stories I've heard, Adam has never given his number to any girl. That's like his thing."

"So he fucks and leaves?" I snort out.

"Mhm, something like that." Anna joins my laughter.

"Well, now I really do feel special!" I put my hand over my heart and sigh.

We laugh for a while.

"Never fuck Adam, because he leaves, understood." I say, after we calm down a little bit.

"You slut! What are you thinking about right now?" Anna hits my shoulder with hers as we start walking back to her apartment.

"He is huge. Have you seen his hands?"

"Cora, if you don't shut up!"

———

Me and Theo are sitting on the couch while Anna is running from one room to another, throwing clothes.

Chloe is already comfortably positioned herself on my lap.

"I really don't want you guys to go!" I chuckle while we hear cursing from their bedroom.

"That's why Anna always told you to come visit." Theo smiles while massages his head with his fingers, probably from Anna's activities.

"I've been missing out." I state when Anna finally comes out with her suitcase half open.

"Husband, please!" She cries out, but Theo is already up on his feet and has walked over to her to help her.

As Anna scans the room for any possible forgotten items, I check if I know the place for necessities, such as TV remote, dish washer capsules, Chloe's food.

I really wouldn't like disturbing them by asking silly questions.

Suddenly I hear a noise and the door breaks open.

"Shit, I thought I was late already!" He groans, as he steps in.

All four of us are in complete disbelief.

But especially me. I feel my knees staring to give up on me.

Wake up!

"Man, what the fuck?" Theo leaves the suitcase and sprints to Adam who hasn't stopped staring at me.

His eyes are glued on me like I would be standing here naked. I almost want to jump out of the window.

Anna slowly comes over and squeezes my hand.

"Did you just set me up?" I quietly hiss at her.

"Cora, I swear, I am just as confused as you are. Theo asked him before I asked you, and he said he can't come." She whispers back.

The room is awfully silent.

When Adam doesn't say a word, Theo continues "I thought you had this big case."

Adam shakes his head and closes his eyes.

"Yeah, I um-"

"I couldn't concentrate on anything, felt like if I don't give it to someone else, we might lose." He finally states and then looks back at me.

"But looks like you weren't that desperate after all. Is this some kind of joke?" He blurts out.

Theo starts laughing.

"You just barged in here unannounced." He says.

"I felt extra." Adam says in a low voice and I smile.

"Theo, we need to leave in 10 minutes." Anna says from beside me.

"What the fuck." Adam drops his suitcase and takes off his shoes, still shaking his head.

"Okay, so what's the game plan, Cora?" Adam speaks out and the way he says my name feels so personal. Like we would be standing alone in this living room.

I feel like I have swallowed my tongue, because no words come out of my mouth. Anna shoulder bumps me.

"I even left Vincent at my mother's, Theo. I, unforced, drove to my mother's house." Adam looks back at Theo and goes through his hair with his hands, messing his perfectly made hair up.

I like it like this even more.

"Man, I'm sorry, this is shit." Theo sighs and suddenly I want to know everything about Adam. Everything that there is to know.

Anna keeps giving me the stares, so I finally manage to get some words out.

"I am not a lawyer, so I can't afford canceling and rescheduling my flight back home."

A "hey" would have worked too.

I am so hot. Why am I so hot? My cheeks feel like they are on fire.

Adam smiles at me, looking through his messy hair that was falling in his face.

He is smiling at me!

"Well, and I am not a superhuman, so I can't take two flights in one day."

"Okay, so you both decide what to do tomorrow then." Theo claps his hand as a sign that they really need to get going and Anna pulls me in for a hug.

"I will want to know everything!" She whispers.

"Anna, I feel like I will faint as soon as we will be left alone." I whisper back.

Then I watch them say goodbye to Chloe and Adam and then they are gone. Just like that.

As soon as the door closes and we are really alone, Adam starts walking towards me.

Why is he walking towards me?

"Cora." He says quietly and my skin shivers.

"Adam."

"I will need an explanation as to why you haven't texted me. And it better be good." He breaks the intense eye contact and grins.

"Your self esteem must be screaming at you." I try to joke but it comes out a little forced, still he chuckles.

"I was worried about you."

We both stay quiet for a while.

"So Anna told me you were in Greece."

"With Leo." He coughs.

He's been asking Anna about me?

"No, it was a misunderstanding. He is in Greece, I am here."

"You are here." He whispers it like it is so intimate.

I can't take his eyes all over me and his body so close to me that I could touch him if I'd reach my arm for any second longer.

He smells exactly how I remember. It has become simply my favorite scent.

"Well, we have a problem, because there is only one guest bedroom." I start saying but I am interrupted by Adam's laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 141 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
521 15 80
Trapped under her father's control, Cora finds ways to protect her little sister, unknowingly seeking help from her high school bullies. One thing le...
94 6 7
Anna-A bubbly person with just the right amount of Sass has been living her life in her care free way after her parents' death . The tragic incident...