Shay's Inside Life

By Let-us-be

This is a story about Shay who is immortal. She lives through time, unchanging, and alone. Till she meets a m... More

Shay's life
All Hell Breaks Loose
What?!?!
Why does all the bad crap happen to me?
Lets paint the town... Red

My happy ending... I think.

48 0 0
By Let-us-be

Shay's final chapters!! (bum-bum buuuuummm) My first finished book! I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I did typing it..

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 19

God my head hurts. I even think it's worse than when I first turned immortal. I can't even open my eyes, all I have is my empty head. OK, lets think. First things first, my ex-best friend came back from the "dead". Second, Tailo and the others have no idea where I am. Lastly, I've been kidnapped by him for his phycitic reasons. Yep, I officially have the worst luck in the world. People will always argue "well I have it worse! My horse ran away and now it's my neighbors!" Well kid, your neighbor probably stole it from you.What is.... is.... is that fish?

My eyes flutter open, and my nose was right. A fish is on a plate in front of me, with lemons and oranges on it.

"Really?" I sit up and see Danu on the other side of the table. "Is this your attempt to win me back?"

Danu smiles "It's not an attempt, I know I can, and I will." He takes a bite of his fish, and my stomach growls, betraying me. "Try it, if it makes you feel better..." He stands up and walks over to my side of the table. He sticks his fork into a piece of the fish and eats it. He then walks back to his side of the table and sits down.

"See?"

"All I see is a boy who still can't get over a girl who doesn't want him."

Danu makes a fist and slams it on the table. "I'm trying to be nice Shay. After I got you out of Rome, I figured that you would do anything to come home." 

"Please," I roll my eyes "if i had to do something it would be to run away from you." I take a bite of the fish, and it's actually good.

He slams his other hand on the table and stands. "I will not sit here and take your rants." He walk over to the door. "Come."

"Please like-" but my feet disobey me and walk toward him. "What the-"

"Shay, I thought that you should know by now," he starts walking "not to take food from strangers."

Damn him, he poisoned the food. Why did I have to eat the damn food? Why does he have to be a guy who has to have every thing he wants. I was the one thing he couldn't have. He could have anything, a house, a seat in the Colosseum, even a war in his name if he wanted. I was the one who told him no, and this is what I get? An eternal life of him chasing me, and possibly me going insane.

Danu stops in front of a wooden door, my legs stopping less than one foot away from him.

"Here is where," he hold up his hand and the door flies open. "we'll finally be together."

The room is a dinning hall that has been decorated like a wedding. A white carpet with a gold lining on the floor, with some rose petals on it. Oak chairs lined the isle where the carpet was laid. White and red roses, with pink lilies, were in vases near the end and head of the isle.

"Danu your insane! Don't you think after all these years that I would have-"

He waved his hand toward my face and my sentence was cut short. I hate him, why can't he be like other men and give up after a while.

"Shay, really need to work on that. After all, we are going to spend forever together."

My mouth would've dropped, but instead my feet got moving again. While my feet decide to take me on a trip, Danu speaks just as I leave.

"I don't want to sound eager and all, but i think you should go put on your dress. I think that the ladies did a nice job picking it out."

 Where is my great rescue when I need it?

Sophia's P.O.V.

I slept like a rock. Wait, would that be bad? I'd be sinking... scratch that. I could be one of those rocks that float. Better. I stretch and yawn, I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since... well I have never gotten one. Lets get out of this small room and see if Shay's awake. Maybe she could teach me something about the powers I could learn. She also said that Tailo can help, but what I don't get is that he's human. How can he have powers? She'll have to answer some of my questions.

I open the door and a thud comes from the other side, shortly followed by a moan. I slowly open my door again and slip out to see Tailo in front of my door on the ground.

"Don't open you door so fast next time..." He rubs his forehead and stands. "I just came by to see if Shay is in side."

"Funny, I was just going out to look for her." I look up and down the hall, still no sign of her.

"Captain!" A man, who's name i think is George, comes running up to Tailo. "A night watch was found murdered."

George motions for us to follow him above deck. Near the helm, we find the body.

"It's Fisher," Tailo shakes his head and faces me "think it has something to do with-"

"Yes, and by the looks of it he went down with a fight." I hold my hand above my head to block out the sun, to get a better look. "Over here," I walk three feet away "is another blood spot. Farther from the others."

"Shay. Where could they have gone? The only way to get on othership is to have another get close to it and swing over." Tailo said "Unless,"

"Whoever it was is immortal and has powers over water. Don't want to fight this man near it." I cross my arms and walk back over to the body. "He must have taken Shay. We're near the Italy land mass, carrying a extra person, that would be where i would go."

"George, tell the men we're making another side trip."

I smile, maybe going with Shay wasn't such a bad idea. At least it'll never get boring.

Chapter 20

 Shay's P.O.V

Why is it that men have to be so egotistical? You think that a simple 'I love you' would be enough. NO, he has to get married the same day, just to show off how fast he can get a woman. So here i'm standing on a pedestal having the last of the assecories put on. Purple sash, white dress, and a necklace with a single purple gem. Of course I hate every second of it, I'd rather be in my leather tights with my shorts, and my light colored shirt that covers my arms. I guess I won't be able to wear any of that after Danu 'claims' me. Bastard. Danu walks in just as the ladies force my feet into flats.

"Almost done? I don't want to rush things but today is a nice day." He grabs my hand

"Ha, rush? What happened to getting to know your soon-to-be spouse?"I pull my hand back and I glare at him.

"You should be thankful. I saved you from that man who had you captive."

"No, you didn't save me. I wasn't being a captive-"

"Then why where you hanging around with a human? Most of the time your couldn't stand them. You were even planing to kill your Boss, who I might point out was human."

I face away from him, but he still doesn't stop. "And what about that girl you picked up? Were you even going to help her even if she wasn't immortal?"

"Shut up! You never knew me, even back when I still lived in Rome."

He motions for the ladies to leave, and once they do he grabs my face, hard.

"Listen, I swore that if I ever found you again, I would give you another chance to prove your loyalty to me. Even now, you cheat with another man. Would you co-operate if I swore I wouldn't hurt him?"

"You wouldn't threaten him if you valued your life."

"Ha, silly girl. I'm immortal, nothing can kill me. See you at the alter."

I can't wait for the moment I can strangle him.

Tailo's P.O.V

I'm going insane. Where is Shay? Why hasn't anyone find her yet? I don't understand why Sophia wants me to stay on the ship. She lets everyone but George and I off the ship. I'm one of the most valuable people to help find her.

"George!"

"Yes Captain?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Depending what it is."

"I need to find Shay."

"Simple, get off the ship and go looking for her."

"Sophia made me swear that I couldn't leave. I've tried to leave and I can't."

"Magic?"

"Maybe, I don't know. I'm... I'm just really worried."

"I got an idea. You know how you said you can't get off the ship?"

"Please get to your point."

"Go to land on the life boat. It's still a ship, just a smaller one."

"How am I suppose to carry a life boat around?"

"Simple, just get a really small one."

Sophia's P.O.V.

Ok, so i've looked in the entire residential area, half of the sailors checked the shopping distract, and the other half have checked the government part. So far, no signs of her. I bet if I don't tell Tailo something soon, he'll lose his mind.

"Jackson!"

"Yes mam?"

"Take head of the search party, I'm going to go report to Tailo. Check the outer rim of the city."

He nods and shouts to the men to follow him. I sprint off to the ship. George greets me after a solid ten minute run.

"Sophia! Glad to see you."

"Same, how's Tailo?"

"He could be better. He's down below deck right now."

"Funny," I walk down the stairs "I don't hear any movement down here."

"Yea, about that-"

I open the door and all i see is a candle with some maps laid out. No sign of Tailo. I quickly turn around and face George

"-he left. He couldn't wait for an answer so he left."

"How? I made sure he could leave the ship."

"He found a lupole. He made a stick life boat and ran off the boat before I could stop him."

"God, you want to know the reason why I didn't want him to leave the ship?"

"Um, sure."

"Because later that day, walking into his room, I found a note and it was warning him to stay away from Shay."

"And you want to take precautions."

I nod my head "Which is why we need to find him, without the rest of the crew. I think one of them is betraying us."

Chapter 21

Shay's P.O.V.

So remember when I said a few days ago that I had "the worst day ever"? Yea, this one tops it. Here I am walking down the isle in a white dress, by force, and smiling the whole damn time. All I could think about is when I can throttle Danu, and when my rescue will come. I think it's cutting it too close. I at least try to make the wedding song more cheerful. Of course at the head of the isle is Danu, and to my surprise Blandus's grandchild. Talk about betrayal, but then again, Danu isn't sane and he might be thinking that he is Blandus.

"There she is! Looking beautiful as ever." He winks and holds out his arm, and I refuse it. He grips my hand hard and still manages to smile, while I get the feeling he wants to hurt me. "Blandus! Your her big brother, and her only family left. So if you don't mind." He waves his hand and Blandus beings to read the Bible. A few minutes later, Blandus stops abruptly, falling over in what looks like mussle spasms. Danu smiles and turns to me.

"I really hate how long the ceremony takes. Besides, we were just at the part where your confess that you love me."

I crouch down near the man, I feel no breath coming from him."Murder! You killed an innocent man! He wasn't even Blandus."

"Another life wasted because you continue to refuse me. Just confess and I promise it will end."

Well last moment for a rescue, i've tried to give them as much time to find me. I can't give them anymore. My mouth beings to open, to say words that I would have refused to say to him.

"I... I love-"

Crash!

I glace up and see the window break, having just enough time to turn away from the majority of the falling glass. Large pieces fall and shatter on the floor surrounding me and Danu. He quickly runs for cover just as a shadow comes in.

"Am I too late for the party?" Tailo. That cocky SOB. He was probably watching half of this.

"I thought I told you not to leave the ship." Sophia jumps in, George shortly follows through the newly shattered door.

"Well you guys sure took your time."

"Hey! You didn't leave us a note that said 'I was taken by so-and-so and I'm being taken to so-and-so." Sophia walks up toward Danu, who just walked out from his hiding spot. "This is the man who I'm suppose to fear. HA! I could kill him with a toothpi-" Her eyes roll into the back of her head, I catch her as she falls.

"What did you do?"

"Just made her shut up for a bit. Nothing special." He glaces at Tailo, who is just dusting off the last bits of glass. "Humph. I don't know how... but Shay cares about you too much. So say your goodbyes!"

He runs up to Tailo and tries to punch him. Tailo just moves aside and catches his next wimpy punch. I want to join in the fight, but George stands in my way.

"George move! Tailo needs help!"

"No, he doesn't. My job is to keep you out of the fight."

"By who's orders?" I try to shove him out of the way, but her grabs my shoulders and through me down.

"Danu's." I gasp, he gives me a smug look "I have been sick and tired of Tailo's orders. So one day, Danu walks up and offers me a choice, help him and I get most of the benefits, or just kill Tailo by myself."

"You betrayed the entire crew. To think Tailo trusted you!"

"He is a fool for trusting someone who he stabbed in the back. I'm just returning the favor." He whips out a knife, and gives me a crazed look. "I don't think Danu will mind if his wife-to-be has some cuts on her." He slowly walks up and I try to shift Sophia's lifeless body away from George. George lunges and I roll out of the way, hearing the knife clang on the tiles. "Stop running girl!"

"Who says I'm running?" I grab the knife hidden in Sophia's boot just as he lunges again. I shove it straight in his chest. He drops his knife and he stubble back.

"God-God damn you g-girl. But i have one final plan that I c-can use." He stubble back near the window that Tailo shattered coming in. He goes toward the torches and runs his hand underneath all of them, knocking all of them on the floor. He gives one last smile as he's engulfed in the flames. The fire sets quickly and soon i'm struggling to breath normally. No doubt Tailo has it harder. I glance over at Tailo and see Danu standing over him, a knife positioned to kill.

"NO!" I shout as Tailo falls on the floor, knife lodged in his shoulder. Danu also fall over, I guess from exhaustion.

I cradle his head in my arms, his torso in my lap. "Tailo, Tailo, why did I let you fight alone? You and your fragile human body. Tailo, why?" I start to cry. I hear Danu stand up and cross the room. I don't care though, anything he does, doesn't matter anymore.

"You-you love him. Don't you?"

Surprised by his sudden niceness, I just bury my head in Tailo's hair. Danu walks closer and places a hand on Tailo's motionless shoulder.

"Vorrei disfare tutto quello che ho fatto. Si prega di darmi. PrendeteI'anima, ma non la mente. LasciareI'uomo con il suo amore." Danu's hand glows and he falls down. "I now understand. Please, please forgive me for everything I've done." I nod my head as he slumps down, and I know that he's finally dead. Sophia stirs and lets a small moan out as she rubs her head.

"Why is the smell of smoke in the air?" She looks over at the state of Tailo and I. She jumps up and we lift him up. "Got him?"

"I think so."

"Ok, I'll run ahead and clear a path. Just get him out." She hurtles a fire ball and it douses it self as she runs in front of us.

"Fire powers, nothing will surprise me."

I follow her as we try to make our way out of the burning building.

Chapter 22

Daring rescue, a dangerous fight, a close death, and a massif fire to wrap it all up. Tailo is still out and I'm losing sight of Sophia. I also don't know how badly Tailo is hurt, or what Danu did that killed him. I hate all the questions I have, and no answers.

"Shay! I've cleared most of it, but the place is falling apart. I'm not sure how much more I can keep the flames off you guys!" Sophia shouts over the wood cracking. 

Great, yet another time frame that i'm going to cut close. It also looks like Sophia didn't do a thing. Flames and dancing at my heels and I can't breath in the smoke. The cracking of the wood is also un-nerving.

I hear a moan and Tailo shifts next to me.

"Why does it smell in here?" His feet are still not working, even though he's awake.

"Well, first off we are in a house that's on fire." A loud crack comes from above and I shove Tailo out of the way of a support beam, just having enough time to get myself out of the way. "Second, the place is coming down around us. So get up and run!"

I tug on his arm, and he stands. He might be standing, but he's choking on the smoke. So I grab his arm and tug him toward where I think Sophia's voice came from.

"Sophia! Where are you?" I shout over the increasing cracking of the wood.

"I'm here! Still keeping the flames off you!"

Clearly not that good, but hey. Take what ever you can get. Tailo's still coughing up a storm, and it's killing me that I can't breath. I'm also sweating like a pig, gross. I'm about to take in a breath of the smokey air when I finally see the exit.

"Come on Tailo, just a bit further. Air is close." I keep encouraging him, I can't have him give up now.

We are a few yards away from the exit when that sickening crack is heard from above our heads. I once again shove Tailo to safety, and into the open air. Unfortunately, I don't move quick enough and I'm slammed on the floor by a support beam. It happens so quickly that the air is blown out of me and I have to suck in the smoke. Talk about having a bad coughing fit, it's so bad that I can't call out to Sophia for help. I try to lift up the beam, but I can't get the right leverage.

The first thing that runs through my mind is "Oh my god, I'm going to die in this inferno." So I once again try lifting the fallen beam off me, and fail miserably. I lie on my back, still having my coughing fit, and give up. My eyes are even watering uncontrollably.  Fire isn't my friend, and it will never be. I listen to the cracking of the flames and try to make a beat out of it, in some hopes of happiness.  Then suddenly, the beam is gone and I'm on a back of someone. The tears and coughing stop me from seeing who saved me, but I'll be thankful either way.

Outside, I'm placed on my feet, but I don't stay that way long. I'm soon on my back gasping for air, trying to get the salty tears off my face at the same time.

"Do you always have to set the place on fire?"

Yep, I'm pretty sure we all know who has the best timing in the world.

"This one wasn't my fault, George knocked over the candles that set the fire."

"Speaking of my friend, where is he?" Even without looking at him I can guess his face, questioning.

"Tailo, he betrayed you. Not only was he in with Danu, but he tried to kill us both."

"Well then, that puts a downer on my plans."

"And what are these plans?"

"You want them in order?"

"Yes."

"Well first things first, is to ask you to marry me. Second is to get a home in the country side away from chaos. Lastly is to have kids, but that's pushing it."

"Hell of a way to ask for my hand."

"You would have given it to me in a heart beat."

"That, my love, is a hundred percent true."

Epilogue

Yep, so here we are, one big happy family. Sophia, Tailo and I, all immortal, all happy. I just can't get over the visions I keep having. Each time my visions get worse, I question Tailo's loyalty to me. No... It doesn't matter. When the time comes, let Fate take it's course. I want no part. If it is one thing that I have learned from this, it's that nothing is written in stone. But if it is, get ready with a chisel to change it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202 10 11
Immortals walk among us, their presence kept quiet by a secret society. Then a powerful force binds the mortal and immortal worlds. The secret is rev...
35 0 11
this is a story about lady lesso loses her memories becomes immortal and with her daughter moves to avalon to stay away from the school for good and...
71 5 6
The once great ruler of Heaven - who had existed even before the creation of space was the most powerful being in all of the universe. His longevity...