A Sacred House

By Joker4life2019

King Rhodri IX of Wales has just died in the year 1449 after serving 37 years on the throne. Rhodri's son, Mo... More

Chapter I: Crowning a King
Chapter II: The Gwent Disaster
Chapter III: The Rivalry in Gloucester
Chapter IV: A New Heir
Chapter V: The War in Munster
Chapter VI: The Meeting Of Kings
Chapter VIII: The Grand Ball
Chapter IX: The Great Fight
Chapter X: The Partition of Ireland
Chapter XI: The Great Trip
Chapter XII: A Prince of Rome
Chapter XIII: Death Consumes All
Chapter XIV: The Abbey Pact
Chapter XV: The Forever King
Chapter XVI: The Battle of the Bay of Biscay
Chapter XVII: The Congress of Zurich
Chapter XVIII: Deus Vult
Chapter XIX: The Duke of Dinefwr
Chapter XX: A Prince of Bavaria
Chapter XXI: The Unspoken Killer
Chapter XXII: Twenty Years of Love
Chapter XXIII: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter XXIV: Bury It Deep
Chapter XXV: A Royal Engagement
Chapter XXVI: Until Death Do Us Part
Chapter XXVII: The Desmond Test
Chapter XXVIII: The Black Bull
Chapter XXIX: The Battle of Edinburgh
Chapter XXX: The Royal Dukes
Chapter XXXI: The Irish Dispute
Chapter XXXII: Time Flies
Chapter XXXIII: The Silver Jubilee
Chapter XXXIV: A New Burial
Chapter XXXV: The Building Of A Shrine
Chapter XXXVI: A New Court
Chapter XXXVII: Split In Two
Chapter XXXVIII: Operation Gwynedd

Chapter VII: A New Friendship

8 2 0
By Joker4life2019

" Morgan", A soft voice whispers. I open my eyes. Anna stands over me, wearing an elegant orange dress. " You need to get up, we have lunch", Anna informs me.

I roll back over and close my eyes, Anna rips the blanket off me. I cover myself up, Anna giggles and throws me back the blanket. I wrap myself up and chuckle.

----------------------

I tie my sword to my waist, today I am wearing an orange coat, pants and shoes. Anna places my crown onto my head.

" You look incredible Anna", I say as we walk out of the room and down the hall. " You look great too M", Anna says while smiling.

We walk into the dining hall.
" Morgan and Anna, please sit", Arthur says as he stands up. Anna and I sit in our chairs.

" Sorry for being late. I overslept", I say as servants place plates on the table. " It's okay, we actually wanted you to lead the meeting", Wilhelm says after taking a bite.

" Sure", I say, I grab the notes from my plate. " First, The ball is tomorrow, so bring your best. Second, we have another meeting with the people. Third, Alliances", I say firmly as the others eat.

" Before our fathers passed away we were all aligned with each other. Do we want that to continue?", I ask.

Everyone except for Charles nods. " In which way are we aligned?", Charles asks. " We help each other out militarily and economically, if one of us is attacked, we support each other", I inform Charles.

" I just don't know if that is in France's interests", Charles says firmly. " Between all of us Charles we have 20,000 men. I think we all want to help each other's interests", I say after taking a bite.

" I can be in the alliance", Charles says as he bows his head. " Good, that's best for all. I think you all know I was injured last year in the failed Munster Invasion of Wales. I have a plan", I say as everyone looks my way.

" What is it?", Arthur asks. " I'm not the violent type, but I think we should divide Ireland between the three of us", I inform everyone.

I take a sip of my wine as everyone stares at me. " They nearly burned down my kingdom. We need to strike back hard", I say firmly.

" They have raided my southern coast", Malcolm says. " And they held the Duke of Lancaster for ransom", Arthur adds.

" Next year then, we'll fight", I say adjusting my hair. " I forgot to tell you Morgan. Pope Louis will be here soon, he was on a trip in Canterbury and wanted to stop by", Arthur informs me.

I haven't met the new Pope, Pope Clement died last month and the clergy only just decided on the new Pope.

" We have that meeting with the commoners soon", Wilhelm says as he stands up and pushes in his chair.

" Let's go", I say as the others and I get up and walk outside. A huge crowd of commoners stand in front of us, cheering, roaring.

" Hello people, please line up. You will have time to meet all of us", I scream joyously. Everyone lines up.

" Hello sir", I say as Anna and I shake the man's hand. " A gift from a friend", The man whispers in my ear.

His breath shakes against my ear, before I can react the man slashes my chest and runs. " Help!", Anna screams and terror.

I fall backwards, my head slams into the dirt. The world goes black. " Morgan, please", Anna says crying. " Love you", I manage to mumble out.

--------------------

" He's awake", A man screams. " Your Royal Majesty, are you okay", another man asks. I open my eyes to see Wilhelm, Anna and a physician standing over me.

" What happened?", I ask. " You were slashed by a peasant. Luckily your shirt was thick enough, you narrowly survived", the physician informs me.

I sit up in bed. " Where is this peasant?", I ask firmly. " In this jail down the hall", the physician answers. I have to speak to this peasant.

-------------------

I have gotten dressed already, I have to speak to this man. I open the door, the peasant sits in a chair with his hands bound. " Leave", I tell the guard and Anna.

I shut the door. " The King lives", the peasant says with a laugh. I kick the man over, the chair thuds. " Who sent you?", I scream as I hold my boots to the man's throat.

" No one boy", the peasant squeals out. I take my boot off the man's throat and draw my sword from my waist. " Who?", I scream. The peasant laughs, " No one".

I slam my sword down into the man's foot, he screams in pain. I twist my sword, the man screaming ever louder.

" Harold, Duke of Gloucester", The peasant says in tears. I rip my sword out of the man's foot, " It was that easy", I say as I strap the sword back onto my waist.

I walk out of the room. Arthur runs towards me. " Are you okay", Arthur asks. " Yes. Harold, Duke of Gloucester, tried to kill me", I inform Arthur.

" My lord", Arthur says pacing back and forth. " You must be King Morgan of Wales", A man says as he walks down the hall.

" Who are you?", I ask. " Pope Louis", Louis says. I get down my one knee. " It is a blessing to meet you sir", I say after kissing Louis' hand.

I stand up. " Have you found out who tried to kill you?", Louis asks. " Yes. Harold, Duke of Gloucester", I inform Louis. " I'll work on it, consider me a friend", Louis says as he walks off.

Hopefully Harold loses his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 2.3K 24
The Queen is dead! Long live the King! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Rocking the foundation of the British royal family and bringing to...
1 0 9
The year is 1339, Edward III is on the throne of England. Or he would be. If he were in England. An attempted war in France has him abroad and unable...
33.7K 1.1K 22
The whole book is posted! Enjoy! In December of 1282, English soldiers ambushed and murdered Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, the Prince of Wales. His death mar...
5.5K 94 8
Queen Bridget Tudor is the youngest daughter of Henry VII and Elizabeth Of York, born in 1502. Named for her mother's sister. She becomes Queen of F...