Cotton Candy Kisses ✿ Baxter...

By Chris_P_Bacon12

When a girl goes back to Australia after a year a summer full of surfing and adventure is waiting for her... ... More

Cast
Chapter 1 🌸
Chapter 2 🌷
Chapter 3 🌺
Chapeter 4 🌹
Chapter 6 🦩
Chapter 7 🩰
Chapter 8 🎀
I am Backkkk
Chapter 9 👙
Chapter 10
Trailer 🎥🎬
Cast 2
Chapter 11 💗 (Flashback)
Chapter 12🎀 (Backstory)

Chapter 5 💐

4.9K 110 23
By Chris_P_Bacon12

With a few ups and downs between Summer and Wren, the training came to its successful end. Wren is actually not very good at airs, which I find completely ridiculous considering that she is our team captain. She obviously cannot do everything.

I go to the changing rooms to take a quick shower and change into something more comfortable than my sweaty training clothes. I exit the room and realise that nobady is there. Great they left me all alone. How am I going to get back home now? I walk outside and try to hide the tears in my eyes. How can they forget me?

I go and sit between two vans. I run my hands through my hair and sigh wiping my tears away.

"You realise Summer is a total kook, right?" I hear a familliar voice say and I snap my head up trying to find the source. I get up and hide behind a car, having a perfect view of Wren and Elo. I tilt my head a little and spot the boy that has been on my mind the past days. "She's going to lose us the title, Elo." She whines.

"Funny. Because I think she's one of the reasons we could win it. And I think she's gonna be really good for you." I don't hear the rest of their conversation, getting lost looking at Baxter.

He gets up and I take a step back so he doesn't see me starring at him.

"Nah, I've been training all day, mate. Man's gotta eat." He says as he pats his stomach and a small smile forms on my face.

"Bax." Elo makes him stop.

"Oh, you want me to run some laps? Maybe pick up some rubbish? I think someone left refuse under the car. Want me to crawl under there?" He says sarcasticaly and a chuckle leaves my mouth. God I hate the effect he has on me.

"Listen, we are gonna make Queensland sorry that they threw you away. But I need you focused." I watch the sad expresion on his face and I immedietly feel bad for the boy.

He starts to walk away and I wait until Wren and Elo leave. I sprint and catch up with him.

"Hey." I tap his shoulder. He turns around and faces me, at that moment I swear to god his eyes light up.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" He asks with a curious face.

"You know just thought I would stay and wait for my favourite teammate." I tease him lying.

"Sure." He laughs.

People think of laughing as a noise that comes from the mouth, but when Baxter laughed it was nothing like that. The laugh was in his eyes, in the way his face changed into that vision of relaxed joy . Yet truly, it wasn't in his face either. His laugh came from within, it was just the way he was wired. Just being around him for a few minutes was better than my whole day . Just the sound of his laughs, his snickers, his giggles, was enough to transport me far far away from my worries and the tension of this competition.

"Where are your friends?" I look at my feet and stay silent. "Autumn where are they?" He asked this time with a more serious tone in his voice. I look up at in his eyes. I hadn't realised that blue could be such hot fire until I saw those eyes. "They left you didn't they?" He asks and I nod sadly. "Ugh those bastards. I am going to kill them." He runs his hand in his hair.

"Baxter it's is fine." I assure the angry boy. "They probably forgot." I grabbed his hand to calm his nerves down. "You said you were hungry." I smile. "Come on let's go eat."

"Did you spy on us." He teases, the smile returning on his face.

"Noooo." I bury face in my hands and I hear him giggle. " I just overheard you." I defend myself.

"Mhm."

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." He laughs.

"You were thinking about it."

"Where are we going to eat?" I ask him as we walk down the road.

"Wanna go to Macdonald's?" He asks and I squeal.

"Is that even a question?"

"Here we are." In front of us there is a big motorcycle.

"Oh hell no." I back up.

"Hell ya." He smiles.

"I am not getting on that thing."

"Yes you are." He argues back.

"No I am not."

"Fine, then we will not gonna get Macdonald's." He turns to leave.

"Ugh... Wait! Fine but promise to go slow." I look him dead in the eye with a serious face.

"Anything for you." I roll my eyes playfully.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Here." He brings our food and I am practically drooling.

"Thank you, thank you." I clap my hands in excitment.

"So..." He starts after some minutes of comfortable silence. "How are you finding Australia?"

"It's different you know? But I've grown to like it. I even asked my mom to move here." I say taking a bite of my burger.

He takes a picture of me and smiles at his phone.

"Really?" He asks looking up at me again.

"Mhm! I feel like I belong here more." I send him a smile.

Then both of our phones went off and we exchange a quick glance before looking at them.

"Ugh Summer!" I groan at one more  of my sisters stupid ideas. "Mom is going to flip!"

"But it's just team bonding."He defends her.

"Trust me you and Summer have a very different version of 'team' in your minds." I pat his hand.

"So you wanna go?" I nod.

"We could make an appearance." He winks at me and a blush creeps up my cheeks.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

It's 6:30 and we are at a random beach laying in the sand in a comfortable silence.

"So what's your Insta?" I turn my head a little to face him.

"Are you flirting with me?" He teases.

"You wish." I gigle.

"I wish."

"Shut up." I hit him.

"Fine, fine... don't hit me I am going to give you my Instagram."

He gives me his Instagram and we follow eachother. I shiver and wrap my arms around my body.

"You cold?" He asks.

"No I am fine." I assure him.

"Here." He takes the black hoodie that he had wrapped around his torso and gives it to me.

"Thank you." I put it on and immedietly feel better. The hoodie smelled great. His smell consumed me and I never wanted to leave.

He took another photo of me and I gigled.

"I am gonna post this." He stated.

"Do I look good?" I try to peek over his shoulder but fail.

"Always." He gets up and extendes his hand for me to grab.

"Thanks." I get up and we walk towards the motorcycle.

We enter the party and I chuckle at the surprised look on his face. I on the other hand am not at all surprised by my sister's actions.

"See... I told you." I grab his arm and drag him through the crowd of people that my sister considered our team.

"Let's get a drink." He suggests.

"Can we go inside after? It it too crowded for my liking."

"Sure." He puts a strand of hair behind my ear.

We take our drinks and make our way inside. I lead the way and we make it into mom's room. We ignore the keep out sign on the door and enter.

"Let's have some fun." I whisper in his ear.

I take of his hoodie and stay in my suimsuit since it is extremely hot inside the bathroom. He also stays in his boxers and we start laughing at random things.  I take some of mom's face cream and put it in his face.I start laughing at his expression. and we end up doing a full face of skincare.

I go further into the bathroom to bring some towels but I hear someone noise and return to where Baxter was.

"Bax?" I ask and turn around to see my sister standing frozen at the bathroom door. Oh shit. What is she going to think? Even though we were not doing something, I mean she found us  only in our underwhere in a bathroom.  Alone!Oh my god!

"Hey Sum Sum." I say sweetly.

"Autumn! What are you doing?" She looks pissed.

"We-" I try to defend myself but she cuts me off.

"I don't want to hear it." She says angrily. My blood starts to boil at that moment. She doesn't deserve to be angry at me after what she put up today.

I take a deep breath so I can have the energy to take it all out. And I start...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 4.2K 45
Sun, sand and waves; day in and out the constant of life at Sea Glass Beach. The upcoming surfing festival sponsored by the high-profile brand Oceanc...
49.9K 885 42
Lexi's a surfer and surfing is her passion, but a new boy comes to town bringing a certain type of passion, a certain type of love she's been craving...
589 3 8
What happens when Summer Waves is flown over 9,000 miles away from her home, to Shorehaven, Australia? The answer: she makes friends, finally finds s...