Our last sail

By Soru_042

Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's re... More

0. Second chance
1. The red hair and the king
2. A new friend and the truth
3. Rescue mission
4. New members
5. A free soul
6. The doctor's will
7. Adopt the swordman
8. The love cook and the liar sniper
9. The arrival of the phoenix
10. Meet the crazy family
11. Meet Ace
12. Meet Sabo
13. Meet Dragon
14. The king's rage
15. The shocking truth
16. The devil fruits
17. Garp's visit
18. The brother's bond
19. The battle scars
21. Enter the First mate
22. Enter the Navigator
23. Strawhat Pirates vs Buggy Pirates
24. the king of lie
25. Klahadore
26. The plan
27. The battles begin
28. New Bounties
29. The cook in Baratie
30. Gin
31. The strongest swordsman
32. Zoro vs Mihawk
33. The confession
34. Bonding time (1)
35. Bonding time (2)
36. Bonding time (3)
37. Cocoyashi
38. The last straw
39. The fall of Arlong Park (1)
40. The fall of Arlong Park (2)
41. More bounties and Haki training
42. Loguetown
43. Luffy's execution
44. Straw Hat meets Revolutionary
45. Welcome to Grand Line
46. Laboon
47. First experience on the Grand Line
48. Whiskey Peak
49. Bad dream
50. The meeting
51. The fateful night (1)
52. The fateful night (2)
53. The sick captain (1)
54. The sick captain (2)
55. Drum island
56. Dr.Chopper

20. Set Sail

2.2K 81 7
By Soru_042

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

"Is there anything you haven't prepared?" Makino asked while holding a hat.

"Nah, everything is set and I'm ready to go" Luffy smiled at her.

The young boy was putting his black coat on his shoulder, and a black sword on his waist. Luffy then held a small bag behind him, walked toward Makino to take the hat and put it on his head. The young captain looks just like the time before he beat Kaido. Makino looked at Luffy with a smile on his face and teary eyes.

"You look so handsome, Luffy. I'm sure your brothers are waiting for you out there", Makino said.

It had been 10 years since the events at the Gray Terminal happened. The brothers' lives didn't change much, besides they had been more protective of Luffy, even though he was the youngest and also the strongest among them, after they had seen his vulnerable side. Then, when Law turned 17, the Heart Pirates were ready to set sail. Toga and Corazon also tagged along with them.

The troubled trio were shocked when they saw Law's name in the newspaper. It read the 'Surgeon of Death', Trafalgar Law, a.k.a the Captain of the Heart Pirates with the bounty of 440,000,000 berries was the youngest Warlord at the age of 19. Garp was so happy that he had to find an excuse, so he could go to Dawn island and celebrate it with everyone. It was the same case when they received the news about Ace and Sabo.

Those two decided to set sail together and tell the world that they were twins, so they took off on Ace's 17th birthday. On their journey, Sabo and Ace had visited Shanks in one of his territories, and had a party. The red hair then told them about Whitebeard, which made Ace eager to meet the giant. But the thing was that Sabo didn't expect Ace to start a fight with one of their men, which was obviously Jinbei, and he lost.

Whitebeard then brought the twins and their crew on board. He also offered them to be his children, which Ace was reluctant at first. Later on, Luffy received a news about the older twin of 'Fire Claw' Sabo, 'Fire Fist' Ace a.k.a Captain of the Spade Pirates, and his crew had joined the Whitebeard Pirate as their Second Commander.

"Luffy! Your ship is ready."

"Thank you! I've to go now, Makino", Luffy said.

Then the two of them walked toward the shore where the village people had been gathered around, waiting for Luffy. The straw hat boy slowly settled on the ship, and checked everything. Suddenly, a creature rose up from the sea, causing the people to be afraid. It looked at Luffy with its red doe eyes and spoke up

<Be careful, Luffy! The sea is a dangerous place>

"I know Isora, but I want to follow my dream, so I must go. Look after everyone for me, OK?" Luffy said while looking back at the Sea King.

<Of course, I will. Take care, young king> Then the Sea King went back to his place

"Everyone waits for me" Luffy said, looking at the sea.

He then raised the sail and let the wind guide his ship to where he was supposed to go. A lot of people said their farewell to him, which he quickly paid back with a few waves from both of his hands. The shadow of the island quickly faded away, only leaving him with the endless sea. Luffy quickly felt bored, so he decided to empty all of his food barrels. Suddenly the young captain felt something dangerous. He immediately remembered about the whirlpool ahead. He then hid in one of the barrels like last time, and quickly fell asleep.

-On a random ship-

Luffy suddenly woke up by some noise that he couldn't define. The straw hat boy quickly knew he was still in that barrel, because everything was so dark, but his stomach was growling. Suddenly, Luffy remembered that he was supposed to meet his best friend and rival here, which made him quite excited. Then the boy sensed someone was trying to open the barrel, so he decided this was his cue to show up.

"Ahhhhh...........What a good sleep!" Luffy said while unintentionally punching one of the guys.

"Wh-who are you brats?" They said

Luffy decided to ignore them, and looked back at Koby. He quickly realized that this wasn't the Koby he knew. His Koby was a brave marine, a good strategist, he would do anything to protect the real justice that he believed. But this Koby, was a coward who worked under Alvida. He hadn't seen the real world yet and still believed in the blind justice of the World Government. Luffy must find a way and show him the true face of this world, or else they might have another red dog. But first....

"Ne, do you guys have any food?" Luffy said

"OI, DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE US YOU BRATS!" the two of them shouted.

"Hn?........Oh, right" Luffy turned back at them while remembering what they had asked him.

"My name is Monkey D. Luffy, and I'm going to be the King of the Pirates", Luffy said proudly.

Suddenly, the two guys in front of them jumped at Luffy while holding their swords. When it hit Luffy's head, the two blades immediately broke and stuck on the ceiling, which caused everyone in the room, except for Luffy, to have a horror look on their faces while sweating like bullets. They never saw someone break a sword's blade in half like that. What did this guy make of? The two Alvida pirates quickly dragged their friend and ran away from the straw-hat boy with a fearful look on both of their faces.

"What's up with those guys?" Luffy asked.

The straw hat then walked to the storage to find food and quickly dug into it. Koby also followed since he didn't want to deal with Alvida, so he figured following Luffy would be the best case for now.

Then he remembered what Luffy had said. In his entire life, Koby had always learnt that pirates were bad, they were Criminals, while the Navy was the symbol of Peace, they always protected their people. But the boy in front of him seemed kind and silly. Then how could he be a pirate? He was nothing like a pirate, or like Alvida. Had everything he learnt been wrong?

"Luffy-san, right? Do you really want to be a Pirate King?" Koby suddenly asked.

The young captain looked up from where he was eating. He slowly stood up and walked toward Koby, then looked at the pink-haired boy's eyes, which caused Koby to feel a little bit scared. Luffy's eyes were like they could read his whole soul, it was so cold and intimidating. Suddenly, Luffy smiled at Koby while sitting down near him, then he spoke up

"It's been my dream since I was a child, and I have made a promise with someone every important, so I have to full fill my dream at any course" Luffy said

"But it was impossible, every pirate in the world all set sail to get that great treasure. If you want to get that treasure, the One Piece, you may die, Luffy-san...." Koby kept saying.

Luffy almost forgot Koby was a scaredy cat when they first met. He was always afraid of everything before he could even try, which was annoying. After a while, Luffy had had enough, so he punched Koby.

"Why did you punch me, Luffy-san?" Koby said while holding his head.

"Cause I feel like it", Luffy said casually.

"It's OK, I'm quite used to it now" Koby said.

Luffy then took out his hat and looked at it with nostalgia in his eyes. This hat wasn't just important because it was Shanks who gave it to him, but now it was also a symbol of his Pirate crew, it held their memory of the time when they were with each other. Luffy then spoke up.

"It's not about whether I can. I'm doing it because I want to. I have decided that I want to become the Pirate King for a long time. Even if it means I will die for chasing my own dream, then I'll gladly take it"

Koby looked at Luffy with admiration. The boy in front of him wasn't a normal kind of pirate. Just like the others, they would do anything for their ambition, but rather than harming the others, Luffy willingly sacrificed himself for his dream, maybe the boy would do the same for his crewmates if he had one. This got Koby to have a doubt about himself. Would he willingly die just to fight for what he believed?

"Ne, Luffy-san? Do you think I can become a marine? I have always wanted to be a marine who fights for justice, but can a coward like myself do it? No, I will do it. I'll do anything to achieve my dream. I will join the marine and become the best marine out there. Then I will capture Alvida and her minions......." Koby said.

Suddenly, the ceiling broke down, causing the dust to appear around them. After a while, the dust was clear to see a woman who Luffy thought was bigger than Dandan if that was possible. She then spoke up.

"You said you wanted to capture who, Koby? I didn't know you would have a gust to call a pirate hunter on me"

Koby was so scared that he scrolled himself up like a ball, hoping that it could hide him from Alvida. The Pirate lady then looked at Luffy from head to toe, it was like she was judging him, then she spoke up.

"You don't look like that pirate hunter, Zoro."

"Wait.......did you say, pirate hunter?" Luffy said, surprised to hear the information.

"Koby, tell him who is the most beautiful in this world?" Alvida said while looking at Coby, and ready her big mace.

"Y-yes, of c-course it's ........." Koby stuttered, but he was suddenly cut by Luffy's laughter

"Nihahahahaha.........What are you trying to say, Koby? Didn't we all know Boa Hancock is the most beautiful lady since she was known as the Pirate Empress, right?" Luffy said, then he ended up laughing again.

This got Alvida angry since his answer wasn't her. The chubby pirate quickly raised her mace and aimed it at Luffy, but he quickly sensed her attack and dodged it easily.

"Let's run, Koby" Luffy said.

He then took Koby along with him to the desk on this ship. The duo were immediately surrounded by Alvida's monions, then one by one jumped toward the young captain. Luffy didn't fight, he only dodged them with ease, which made the others even more mad. Suddenly, they all decide to attack him at the same time, which caused Luffy to sweatdrop. The young captain then ran away from them while shouting.

"OI, THE CROWD OPPRESSES THE WEAK IS NOT FAIR GUYS!"

They ran like that for a while, then Luffy decided to stop. He suddenly turned back at those pirates and sent a small wave of Conqueror Haki toward them. Luffy was grinning, because he could see that Koby still stood tall after that wave. Meanwhile, while the poor boy was confused at the scene in front of him, a few minutes ago Luffy was still being chased by those people, who he used to call his shipmates. Then suddenly he felt some kind of wave which caused him to almost fall down to his knees, but when he looked back at them, the group had all already been knocked out. Koby looked at Luffy with admiration and curiosity about this boy's power, then he heard Luffy said while scratching his head.

"Oops, I was not meant to use it this early. Oh well, what needs to be done has been done."

Koby was busy admiring that he didn't notice the big shadow above him. But when he finally saw it, the pink-haired boy quickly ran behind Luffy's back. Alvida was angry at the straw hat kid for not just damaging her crew, or eating all of the food she was supposed to steal, but also for another reason which we all knew about.

"You seem quite strong kid. Say, why don't you join us and quit being a pirate hunter? Then I may act like this day never happen"

"Nah, actually I'm a pirate, not a pirate hunter". Luffy answered.

"Ahahahaha........What did you say? A brat like you also wants to be a pirate? This isn't a game, kid. If you're a pirate, then where are your crewmates?"

"Well, they're all out there, but I have to pick them up by myself"

"In another word, you have no one, right? What a joke? Do you truly want to follow a guy like him, Koby?"

"L-Luffy-san, we must r-run out of here" Koby said while looking at Alvida with a fearful look.

"Why?" Luffy turned back to look at him.

"D-don't you see her big.........." Koby said

The pink hair suddenly remembered what Luffy had said before, the boy in front of him was willingly sacrificing himself just to follow his dream. Koby had to do the same thing if he wanted his dream to come true. Koby had to be ready to fight for his dream, and Alvida would be his first step to come closer to his dream. Koby then looked at Alvida, and shouted

"SHE IS THE BIGGEST AND FATTEST WHALE OF THE FOUR BLUES"

"Nihahahahaha........Nice talk, Koby" Luffy looked proud at his friend.

"How dare you." Alvida was gritting her teeth.

She then quickly attacked them with her mace. Koby was so scared that he was freezing in one place, even though he kept telling himself to not be afraid. Suddenly, Luffy decided to shield Koby from the attack and took the full hit. Both of them were shocked to see Luffy didn't have a single scratch after that hit. The straw hat kid then spoke up while smiling.

"It's no use for me."

Alvida and Koby were so speechless, while watching Luffy stretching both of his hands to his back.

"Gomu Gomu no......"

The young captain brought both his hands back and toward them at a fast speed, like a bullet. Then both his hands hit Alvida's stomach and sent her flying up to the sky.

".......Bazooka"

Luffy quickly felt a familiar presence which belonged to a certain young lady. This also made him feel sad, since he didn't do anything to help her. But it was all meant to let her join willingly rather than forcing her to join them. Luffy then wrapped his arm around Koby while stretching his right leg up to the sky and said

"Gomu Gomu no.........Ono"

His leg then brought it back and destroyed the ship like a big battle axe. The attack caused the ship to break in half and sink down to the bottom of the sea. Luffy succeeded in destroying the evidence of their fight, so that the marine wouldn't have a reason to catch them.

Luffy and Koby then quickly jumped into Nami's direction before the ship had fully sunk. They successfully landed on Nami's small ship, which caused her to look scared at them. She had seen their full fights, so it was common to feel fear towards a certain young captain, but she decided to stay silent.

"Hey, can you give us a ride to Shells Town?" Luffy said.

What a concident! She was also planing to go there. Nami then decided that maybe she could give them a ride, since it didn't cost her anything after all. So the trio then started their journey to Shells Town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 524 10
ONE PIECE VARIOUS X ISEKAI OP! READER "when I say I want to die, you are suppose to comfort me...NOT ACTUALLY END MY LIFE!!" "....๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜บ?" "DON'T...
17.1K 450 51
*currently editing* Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain --- This is the 3rd book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the f...
4.1K 136 22
This is a modern One Piece AU. โ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต, ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ? ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๏ฟฝ...
217K 7.3K 183
After Gol D. Roger's dying words drove all kinds of people to the sea to chase after dreams that only the Grand Line could satisfy, two young kid's w...