Teen Titans: The Beauty of th...

By enigmaascension

(This story takes place during the Trouble in Tokyo timeline.) Some time has passed since the Teen Titans hav... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Epilogue
Alternate Ending/Alternate Epilogue

Chapter 9

381 13 9
By enigmaascension

"Brushogun?"

Brushogun grunted weakly, "So glad to finally meet you."

"You're not the one behind all this, are you!? You're just-"

"His...slave," Brushogun cut Robin off.

"He trapped me in this thing...This cursed printing press uses my powers against my will. The criminals I create serve him now."

"But you sent the car, didn't you? You set me free! And you sent Saico-Tek to our tower because-"

"It was the only way I could call for help. I knew that if one of my creations attacked your home-"

So Saico-Tek attacked us solely to give us a message.

"It would give us a reason to come to Tokyo! A reason to find you!" Robin put the pieces together.

"So you weren't the one who framed Robin!" Cyborg realized.

"Saico-Tek was printed twice. I sent the first to you as a messenger. He sent the second to Robin, as a trap," Brushogun explained. I stepped forward, with tears streaming down my face. I looked up at him, feeling his pain, emotional and physical, in my body.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. Brushogun's eyes widened as he took in my frame.

"You," he said weakly, "I n-need your help."

"The Saico-Tek you sent said Serena was needed, yet he confused her for me, and I was the one she attacked today. Why?"

"Serena was known as a very powerful witch of the dark arts, much to the dismay of Amara's magic descendant line. She was already immortal when we met. She is the one who guided me through the dark spell that brought my art to life. When she wouldn't help me reverse it, she informed me of a descendant - the descendant that she corrupted, the descendant that didn't know the truth about the lineage."

"Me," I whispered, earning a weak nod from Brushogun.

"So you mistook me for Serena to give me another reason to come here and know the truth," I breathed, breaking into a sob.

"Yes. You...needed to find out for yourself. It was Serena who manipulated your entire life - down to cloaking your true form."

"Sparrow... What's he talking about?" Robin turned me to face him, causing me to break into another sob. I turned to look at my teammates, and they seemed to be asking the same thing.

I sighed, trying to hold myself together, "I was attacked by Serena today, and when I first saw her, I wanted to run because she was my twin, a mirror image of me. That's what I've been having nightmares about, but I thought it was just trauma of the Black Dahlia. When I woke up in a cemetery earlier tonight, she told me everything. Serena used magic and other sources to make me think that I was related to Clark and Kara, and that I actually had parents."

"Where is this going?" Robin asked.

I took a breath, " I'm not from Krypton like Clark and Kara, and she's the one who tracked down Slade and Lex Luthor to go after me! I'm a witch! I'm a witch, and she's a vampire. It was Serena's blood that did this to me! She thought of everything! She thought of my powers, my species, my vampirism! She thought of everything, down to cloaking what I really look like!!"

"What!?"

Show us.

"I thought I had a fresh start, I thought the mystery was over, but I was wrong. I grew out of who I was before and now-" I felt the shape-shifting ability fade, revealing to everyone my true form. The dimensional, lavender hair, the zombie toned skin, the hazel eyes - everything.

They gasped at my true form.

"I tried to tell you earlier. Now I know. You," I turned towards Brushogun, "You need the help from a witch, don't you?"

"Y-yes. Serena was corrupted. It is he who she formed an alliance with."

"He who?" Beast Boy asked.

"If you're just the brush, who tells you what to paint?" Raven stepped forward.

"That would be me." My eyes darted over to the chair.

"I must say, you Titans have proven formidable adversary. Once you are destroyed, perhaps I shall print copies of you, that serve me."

I know who it is, Robin.

So do I.

"Show yourself, coward! Who are you?" Starfire screamed.

"There's only one person who stands to gain from creating criminals - the hero who catches them. Isn't that right, Commander?" Robin snarled.

Commander Daizo turned around, smiling at us with that false, friendly smile he wore all the time. I knew it. It was him all along.

"Very good, my friend. But you haven't caught me. I've caught you." With a snap of fingers, doors opened, revealing Tokyo's troopers aiming their guns at us.

"So wait...If the good guy was really a bad guy, then that means...Awww, sweet! We're the good guys again!!!" Beast Boy cheered, earning a glare from Raven.

"You're a fraud, Daizo! A fake! Brushogun was the only real criminal you ever caught, wasn't he!?" Robin was now angry. This was unjust. Daizo only did this for status.

"One was enough!"

"You used his powers to lie, to make yourself look like a hero! And when I started searching for the truth, you made me look like a criminal!"

"That's a nice little story, young man, but I doubt anyone will believe it, once you're all behind bars."

Let's end this, I thought towards Robin.

"Troopers, charge!!!" Daizo sent his troopers after us.

"Titans, go!" Robin growled.

~

I sprang forward and attacked four troopers that came at me with hand to hand combat. Whirling around, I teleport away and felt my abilities channel through me stronger than ever before, as I ushered out a force field that shook the building, sending the troopers flying.

Everyone had their share of troopers. Three more came after me, and tackled me to the ground.

"Titans, the troopers! They aren't real!"

I gasped as their hold on my arms and legs felt very real.

"Which means we don't have to hold back!" Cyborg screamed. My vision suddenly darkened, and my body heat escalated.

Fire burst out of my hands and melted the three troopers, covering me in ink.

"It also means there are plenty more where those came from!" Daizo grinned, pushing a button. Brushogun's sudden screaming sent the overall pain crashing into my body. I gasped, realizing what needed to be done.

I charged at Daizo to stop him, only to be blocked by magenta versions of Saico-Tek. Quickly, I used my pyrokinesis to melt them away before I slammed my right fist into Daizo's face.

My body was suddenly sent crashing backwards. I looked up to see another ink figure, melting them with my powers. As I jumped to my feet, I noticed Daizo was gone, and everyone else was occupied with inked criminals.

I sensed Daizo's presence from above. Gotcha...

I teleport, forcing him to stop.

"Trying to run away, now? I knew you were a little off," I laughed bitterly. 

Daizo grinned, "I knew there was something I liked about you... But your former twin is much more amusing, Sparrow."

"I guess I'll just have to work on my humor," I shrugged.

"I should probably teach you a trick or two." My body was turned towards the voice that made me freeze. Before I knew it, Serena's whirling kick sent me crashing out of the metal door, outside the comic book factory.

"Hello again, Sparrow," she smirked, "Miss me?"

"I burned you! You should have turned into ashes!" I roared.

Her vampire strength was greater than what I could muster as she lifted me above her by my throat. My air supply was cut off instantly.

"You didn't think to check if I put the fire out and healed. Now you've irritated me enough!" A sharp pain jammed into my abdomen, making the darkness in my vision and the dizziness coursing through me ten times worse.

I didn't need to know it was a Sai dagger that struck me. I knew that weapon so well...

"Time to land."

I went flying off the comic book factory building, towards the entrance. 

Come on, come on, come on!!!

I conjured up a force field that shielded me from my doom. I landed painfully, but it was better than turning into human splat.

My body tumbled several times before coming to a halt. As I stood up painfully, the explosion from the building caused my teammates to come flying out, which fell apart as a giant, black ink figure towered over the building, over us.

"TOKYO IS MINE!!!" The creature roared. I recognized the voice - Daizo merged with the ink.

"That's a lot of ink!" Beast Boy panicked.

"It's going to be one heck of a stain when this is over!" Cyborg said.

"He may have Brushogun's magic, but I don't know how long he can control it," Raven informed us.

Daizo used the ink drops from his freakishly huge hands to create more ink criminals. They surrounded us, but I wasn't even concerned towards them.

Serena had disappeared.

"What must we do!?" Starfire asked.

"Erase it," Robin said calmly. Daizo's hand swung down at us, causing the six of us to split up as we dodged the blow.

~

I kicked and punched at three of the inked criminals, melting them away with my pyrokinesis. I rushed over to attack more, but stopped when I realized what I really needed to accomplish tonight.

So you mistook me for Serena to give me another reason to come here and know the truth, my words towards Brushogun earlier rang in my head. I'm the witch he needs to stop this. He needs peace!

Teleporting, I popped up next to Robin, who had already beat me to asking the questions.

"How do I stop him!? How do I break the spell!?" Robin asked urgently. Brushogun's body was sinking into the ink.

"Without me and the corruption of the dark magic, he is nothing. You must remove me and use her magic to bring peace."

Sparrow, we-

I know, Robin. I know what needs to be done.

I was about to stick my arms in to reach for Brushogun when Serena suddenly appeared next to three of us, grabbing a hold of me, "Why can't you just DIE ALREADY!?" I had almost no time to react before she pushed me in.

"NO!!!!" I heard Robin's distant scream as my ears clogged with ink.

As she shoved me into the ink, I grabbed a hold of her and burned her wrists, pulling her in with me.

SPARROW!!!!

The clock was ticking. Brushogun's in here. Serena and I are stuck in here, too. If I don't hurry up, we're all dead!

I felt like I was swimming in a thick mud as I fought against Serena. Words were unnecessary now. My lungs felt like they were on fire as I tried to take a proper breath.

I felt the impact as another stab struck me, against my chest. The pain of it caused me to intake a breath full of ink. I could feel myself losing control of my body as I grew more and more faint each second I fought in here. Dying here isn't an option.

Memories of my past downfalls spread in my mind.

When I ran away from my 'parents'.

Dying, and clawing my way out of my coffin as a vampire.

Killing people, shutting off my humanity, and dying again.

Returning to the land of the living as a witch.

It was Serena the whole time. She made entertainment out of my life for her own benefit. I can't let her go on with it. Not with me, and certainly not with other people. I've tried to run from my problems, but all that did was give me bigger ones to fight against. Bigger, unnecessary problems that I shouldn't have had to deal with.

I've had enough.

I felt the fire course through my right hand as I melted through the ink and felt myself tear into Serena's chest. I got a secure grip on her heart and tore it out, burning it to ashes with my fire. The fight ended, and I tore myself out of the ink.

Robin, Robin...Where's Robin!?

My eyes spotted Robin, who had Brushogun in his arms. I teleport over and knelt before Brushogun, closing my eyes and raising my hands over his body.

This man is ready to wither away in peace. He can't take on anymore darkness, anymore corruption. I can't let him go like that.

This man was innocent the whole time. He was an artist who sought to have his creations become vivid. He meant no harm.

My hands pulsated as I felt warm, peaceful energy leaking out of them. I kept my focus and saw the light cascading, brightening my eyelids.

"You saved me..." Brushogun whispered. His eyes closed and a small smile subtly stretched the corners of his mouth. He's at peace, finally.

"You'll go in peace. You meant no harm," I whispered. I took in a sharp breath as I watched Brushogun fade away.

Daizo suddenly screamed, alerting Robin and I. I didn't even get the chance to get us out of the way as the ink figure fell apart, and consumed all of us.

~

(Robin's POV)

We were knocked down by the overwhelming shower of ink globs. I managed to dig myself out, and stood up as I scanned the area. Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg were standing. It was Sparrow who wasn't.

"Sparrow!!!" I called out. I used my arms to dig around several patches of mud when I found a body.

"Sparrow!!!!" My eyes widened as I took in the body. There was a hole in her chest, a large one at that. No...NO!!!!

"Robin," I heard from my left. My eyes caught her standing up shakily, stumbling her way towards me. I caught her as she tripped, keeping her steady.

"You scared me. I thought this was you," I gasped, leading her towards the body.

"No," she sighed, "that was Serena's body. She had to go."

"So she's-"

"She's not going to hurt anyone, ever again. Her heart's been reduced to ash." Sudden coughing alarmed me as blood sprayed out of her mouth. I took in the two stab wounds, one in her chest, one in her abdomen.

No. This isn't happening. Not again.

NO!

"Sparrow, no! No, no, no! Please don't die on me! We've already been through this! I can't do it again! Please!!!" I moved her away from Serena's body and knelt down with her as she fell on her knees.

She took a shallow breath, looking me dead in the eyes, "I'm going to be fine."

"Fine!? You're not fine! You've been stabbed twice!! Hold on while we get you-"

Her hands gripped mine as her eyes shut calmly. Suddenly, a pulsation started up in my hands.

What is this!?

It's okay. I'm going to be okay.

Sparrow-

Shhh....

I felt my chest tightening as I watched her, worrying about her wounds. Both are fatal. How she managed to keep fighting this long, in her condition worried and surprised me. My girlfriend is always out risking her life to help people. She puts everyone first, and now I'm starting to see how it's hurting her.

"I made a promise to myself a long time ago that I wouldn't let you die, and it happened anyway. I swore to myself that I'd protect you with my own life. I won't let you go. Not yet. We've been through too much to let it end this way," I whispered. 

I felt warmth all over my body, mostly in my chest and abdomen. 

"You don't have to." I looked into her new eyes - the hazel eyes I was exposed to a little while ago. I checked both injuries for a change. They were healed and sealed shut. No blood. Nothing but scars. 

"How'd you do that?" I asked.

"I just needed a little help from you. I can heal myself of most wounds, but I wasn't fast enough for these."

"Sparrow," I wiped off excess ink off of her extremely pale skin, "Are you okay?"

She smiled, "I am now."

Thunder struck, and the rain finally fell for us. The ink cleared, revealing Commander Daizo, who was clearly unconscious. I looked at my teammates, and back at my girlfriend. Her true form stunned me to no avail - thick, long lavender hair. Hazel eyes. Looking at her, I didn't feel anything different. No matter what, it was still her.

"I don't need my eyes to see you. It's still you. I love you for being you," I whispered.

"You still do?" she smiled.

"No matter what you look like on the outside, you'll always be Sparrow on the inside."

"Robin?"

"Sparrow?"

She leaned in, her beautiful face just an inch away from mine, "I love you, too."

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her, overjoyed that she was here, kissing me back. I held her face in my hands as she entwined her hands in my hair, tearing us away from our current situation.

I love you so much, I used our telepathic bond.

I love you too, she thought back.

"Well, it's about time," I heard Cyborg from afar as I kissed Sparrow again.

~

(Sparrow's POV)

The six of us were in the middle of Tokyo the next day. I held Robin's hand, smiling as the mayor presented each of us with a medal. Beast Boy had a crowd of girls lining up for him. Cyborg was presented with a tower full of food. Raven became a mascot for gum. Starfire and I talked, and  patched up our rocky situation. As for Robin and I, we were here, holding hands. Bliss overwhelmed me - I haven't felt like this in so long.

We bowed to the mayor, who placed medals on each of us.

"For uncovering the truth, for pursuing justice, and protecting our city from a treacherous evil, I present these medals to Tokyo's newest heroes, the Teen Titans!!!"

Everyone in the crowd screamed and cheered for us.

Beast Boy broke out of the crowd he was sucked into and scurried over to us, "So I guess we have to go back home now, huh?"

"You know, Beast Boy, sometimes even heroes need a vacation," Robin grinned, looking back at me. I smirked, giving him a kiss.

"Okay, next time, we're going to Mexico!!!" Beast Boy said excitedly. Raven smacked him upside the head, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

Is this what being happy feels like for you? Robin asked me telepathically.

No...This is more, I thought back, kissing him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 36
[This is an old version of the book so if you want to read a crappy story, go ahead. If you want to read this book that will be finished go to my acc...
57.7K 1.1K 40
What happened if Barry didn't make another Flashpoint. How will the Justice League deal with their broken world. Damian and Raven just got together...
104K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...
141K 4.7K 28
Set two years into the five year gap, Robin had become team leader. After threats from Slade and the Court of Owls wanting Robin to join them the tea...