Cotton Candy Kisses ✿ Baxter...

By Chris_P_Bacon12

When a girl goes back to Australia after a year a summer full of surfing and adventure is waiting for her... ... More

Cast
Chapter 1 🌸
Chapter 2 🌷
Chapter 3 🌺
Chapter 5 💐
Chapter 6 🦩
Chapter 7 🩰
Chapter 8 🎀
I am Backkkk
Chapter 9 👙
Chapter 10
Trailer 🎥🎬
Cast 2
Chapter 11 💗 (Flashback)
Chapter 12🎀 (Backstory)

Chapeter 4 🌹

5.2K 122 47
By Chris_P_Bacon12

The next morning I woke up really early. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the room. I looked out of the window and noticed that the blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. This is a great day for surfing!

I got up from bed and headed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and did my morning skincare. I decided to take a quick shower to freshen up. I took my phone and opened Spotify. If you don't have a privet concert in your shower then what are you doing? I picked my shower playlist and started singing Drivers Licence by Olivia Rodrigo.

"Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to go to
'Cause you know I still love you, babe

Sidewalks we crossed
I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing
Over all the noise
God, I'm so blue, know we're through
But you know I still love you, babe"

I untangled my hair and applied my favourite strawberry shampoo. I scrubed my whole body and I immedietly felt better.

In the square of golden rock the shower water runs free and easy. I wish I could stay there all day in its cocoon, but the day awaits. Shower water comes as perfect rain, warm and steady, awakening my skin in all the right ways. I stayed there for a couple of minutes knowing I had much time before I had to go to the beach and meet Poppy and Bodhi. We of course invited my sister too but she declined saying she had somthing to do.

I got out and wrapped myself in one of the white fancy towels that I found under the sink. I brushed my hair a little but I was really carefull not to damage it since my hair was still wet. I let it air dry and decided to worry later about the hairstyle. I did a natural make up, only putting on a liitle bit of conceler and lip gloss.

I sat on my phone for about 20 minutes and then headed to the bathroom again to figure out what to do with my hair.

I sat there looking at my reflection in the mirror, examining my facial feautures. I decided to leave my hair natural. It was like a beach wave which really complemented my blonde hair. I went to my closet and picked a baby blue bikini and paired with a white shirt, which I left open.

"Mom! I am going surfing with the girls." I announced as I enter the kitchen.

"Have fun and be carefull." She sent me a kiss and I dramatically caught it.

"Can I take the car please?" I beg her.

"No."

"Pretty please?" I kiss her cheek.

"Ugh." She groans and I smile at her sweetly.

"Come on!" She rolls her eyes at me.

"Fine." She gives in and I squeal. "But be really carefull."

"Mom, I've had my license for a year." I look at her and grab a strawberry from her fruit bowl.

"Remember we are in a different country and the roads are not the same." She warns me.

"Seriously when was I not carefull." I defend myself. "Look, I gotta go. I will text you when I arrive." I hug her and steal more of her food.

I skip outside and unlock the car. I get ready and connect my phone in the bluetooth. I look through my playlist and pick a song. I turn up the volume and start to sing along on one of my favourite songs called Can't do better by Kim Petras.

♪ Every time she goes through her hair ♪

♪ I feel the tension in the air ♪

♪ No, I can't let you leave ♪

♪ So I kill my insecurities ♪

♪ Oh ♪

♪ You can't do better ♪

♪ Oh ♪

♪ You can't do better... ♪

When I arrive at the beach I grab my pink surfboard and run down the beach where my two friends are waiting.

"I see it but I don't belive it." Bodhi squeals as I approach them and a big smile is on my face.

"Autumn Torres is officially frothing" Poppy adds teasing.

"Come on, I am not here to throw shrimp on the barbie." I tease back in an Australian accent and Poppy makes a funny face at me and looks at Bodhi who laughs. "Let's go ladies." I say and we run towards the water. The best feeling in the world. The wet sand under our feet , tho ocean water splashing us, the salt in our hair. Eveyrthing is perfect. Three girls with surfboars. My pink one, Bodhi's light blue and Poppy's purple one. Just us harmonazing with eachother, with the waves, with the water.

Surfing soothes me, it's always been a kind of Zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome. The rest of the world disappears for me when I'm on a wave.It's all about where your mind's at. What I love the most about surfing is that it's my first love. It's the first thing I can remember being consumed by.

I lay on my stomach and wait for the perfect wave. And when it comes, I catch it. We spend the whole morning surfing, solashing in the water and having fun.

Later that evenining at about 3:30 Manu, Poppy's brother drops us off at the trainng center.

"Okay, okay! Let's go, let's go, let's go!" He says and we all get out of the car. "Ears wide open, yeah? And no backchat. It's hard enough teaching you guys as it is." He adds and I chuckle.

"Cheers, Manu." I hear the blonde boy say.

"Poor Manu." I say when the car leaves.

"I know. It's so unfair." Poppy agrees and I place my hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "There's no way the new coach'll be better." She adds and we all agree.

That moment the devil herself makes an appearence and I roll my eyes at the sight of her. After what she said to my little sister last night I hate her more. I didn't know that was actually possible.

"In here, team!" She says and waves at her boygreand who waves back.

"Go on run to her." Summer says under her breath but we all hear her.

"Is there a problem?" He turns to face her.

"Wren called her an entiled brat to her face." Poppy explains.

"She is a bitch." I add and I earn a hard glare from the boy.

"Thanks, Poppy." My sister says.

Me, Poppy and Bodhi start to walk and leave them alone to solve this.

We enter the training grounds and a woman is standing there kicking a bag that Griffin holds up for her.

Wren goes up to Summer and hugs her like nothing happend. God what a two faced snake. Then my attention snaps at our coach who gives an extremely strong kick that makes Griffin fall on the ground. I try to hide my smile but fail.

"Damn." I say and she turns her attention to us.

"Is everyone here?" She asks and I look around. Where is Baxter? I woner. "I'm Elo Radic, your new coach" She is Wren sister? Great!

She makes us start exerqising and I choose to do squats.

"Well, congradulations on making the Victorian State team. It's no small feat. It's just a shame that you guys haven't brought home a National Title in in, what is it, 20 years?." I roll my eyes at her words. Great way to encourage us. We all exchange knowing looks. "Well, lucky for you I coached Team Qeensland to the winning podium three years running." Ugh what a show-off! "The reality is, surfing is an individual sport." At that moment a familliar pink haired figure walks into the room. He is wearing a pair of white sunglasses and a jacket with no sleeves that shows his muschels. I catch myself looking at him and prey he didn't notice. "And it's my job to work out what drives you. To bring out the very best on the water." Elo continues.

"Hey, coach, what's Sousa doing here? He didn't make the cut." I roll my eyes and try to contain myself from punching him straight in the face.

"Marlon and Summer are our subs. Back-ups in case of injury. Or if I decide that you're out of your depth." She says and I roll my eyes again. Who does she thing she is? Ugh! Everyone is getting on my nerves lately. "Come on, guys! Let's go!"

"Ah, sorry, sis." Baxter starts taking of his glasses. "Did I miss your big inspirational speech?" He asks and a chuckle escapes my lips. She shakes her head in disappointment.

"Burpees. Now." She orders.

He turns at me and winks. I nod at him with a smile on my face and he comes closer with each burpee.

"All of you. Until I say stop." I roll my eys for the third time today.

Baxter comes closer to me and whispers in my ear.

"Keep rolling you eyes like that and I am going to have to make them roll for me." His hot breath sent tingles down my spine and I gulped. He then started doing burpees again leaving standing there completely frustrated.

The boys did a competition about who will climb the rope faster and we all watched. Baxter and Ari started climbing and I watched how Baxters muscles flexed as he climbed. At the end he won and resived a round of aplause from everyone. He had a big smile on his face which made my face light up also. His smile light up the whole room. It's like I was in a book

His smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. I could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him. A person smiles with more than their mouth, and I heard it in his voice, in the choice of his words and the way he relaxed. It was beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1.3K 15
✿┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✿ Sorry I didn't kiss you But it's obvious I wanted to. Bubble gum down my throat and it's a curse. ✿┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✿ In which she fell...
375 2 24
A group of three best friends go on vacation to the beach every summer. Along the way they run into hot attractive surfers. An accident happens, Sara...
589 3 8
What happens when Summer Waves is flown over 9,000 miles away from her home, to Shorehaven, Australia? The answer: she makes friends, finally finds s...
3K 28 21
If you could see her in the morning sleeping next to you just like I get to, I'd be jealous too. I do not own Surviving Summer. I only own Camilla an...