Marauders Era: The moon and h...

By Creative_leo

Dive into the story of Ophelia Cassiopeia Black. the second child and heir of the noble house of Black and Si... More

Chapter 1: Short notice

Prologue: Bedtime story

48 1 0
By Creative_leo

(A/n: Young ophelia's picture is up above and the whole story is being told from Ophelia's pov)

It was rainy and dark outside the noble Black house, a few claps of thunder, and lightning could be clearly heard outside the streets of Grimmauld place, it's almost as loud as our parents shouting downstairs, it was mostly my mother though, which isn't that surprising. I don't think my mother thinks me and my brothers notice due to us being children.....they would be surprised.

I lay on the right side of my bed with my black blanket covering my body like a shield as I lay on my side, facing my one window in my medium-sized room. The walls were covered with dark grey wallpaper, except for my ceiling, which is just black. The window also faced my desk. It was a big enough desk for me "Only the best for my daughter," as my mother would say. It was your typical wooden desk for writing and such, but I only used it for writing and assignments my mother gave us. If I wanted to read, it would either be in our library, the floor (which mother always found odd), or my own bed or one of the chairs in our living room.

At the foot of my bed to the wall of my room, there was my vanity desk for my makeup and such. Mother always said that I was never too young to learn about these kinds of things. She even invited my cousins to help, but I don't understand why a woman has to paint her face all the time, but mother says, "You'll understand when you're old enough." A part of me doesn't want to understand, but another part of me knows it's a necessity as mother claims. "A way to fit in the mold our world."

I don't want that, I want to be original. Is that so wrong?

*knock knock knock*

I heard knocks, then the turn of my doorknob and the silent opening of my own door. I quickly turned my head in slight alarm, praying it wasn't mother. The gods definitely were listening, thank merlin. I saw two figures that I immediately recognized as my brothers and smiled at them. I sat up in my bed and looked at them, seeing my younger brother Regulus run up to me as fast and as graceful as his little legs could with his nightrobe on. My older brother Sirius quietly shut my door and walked up to the left side of my bed where Regulus was.

As soon as Regulus climbed up my bed, he immediately went to me and hugged me tightly like he was afraid to lose me. I heard his frightened whimpers that always broke my heart. Every time I heard them, I always wanted to take away whatever pain was inside him. When I felt the left side of the bed dip a bit, I looked up to my older brother who pulled my blanket covers over his body and who's hair was a dark brown and short like father's, not black like mother's, mine or Regulus's who was slightly brown but mostky black. I saw his pale skin and striking grey eyes that looked quite tired, and I saw him in his robes. I knew Regulus must've woken him up. I looked down on Regulus as I stroked his black hair and held his back, caressing it with my other hand, and I looked back at Sirius and asked, "The storm or the fighting?" Sirius rubbed his eyes and sighed and replied, "Believe it or not, a bit of both. The prat came running in and woke me up in a panic, like he saw a monster or something and kept begging me to bring us here."

I lightly smacked my brother's left shoulder, looking at him with a scolding look, and he looked at me with a confused expression. I never liked it when he made fun of our brother for being soft. It was just the way he was, and we couldn't change that. His heart was too good for our family. I went back to stroking his hair, and he looked up at me. He was between me and Sirius on the bed, slightly loosening his grip around my waist as he looked up at me and said, "I'm sorry, the storm scared me. I didn't want to be alone." I looked at him with a sad look and looked up to see Sirius rubbing our little brothers back slightly, and I continued to caress his head, "Don't be sorry, Reggie. It's OK. We understand, don't we, Sirius."

It came out as more of a statement than a question, but Sirius understood and agreed with me as we both comforted our little brother. After a moment, we heard the rain start to calm down, and the thunder started lessening. Regulus then looked at Sirius and asked, "Why can't you stay here with us for longer? Do you honestly have to go to Hogwarts?" It happened yesterday when our older brother Sirius got his letter for Hogwarts. Our family was ecstatic for him in their own way, especially me and Regulus, but then it soon dawned on us both that we would be left with our parents. It's not a total loss, but our parents are my main concern, but Mother luckily allowed us to visit Uncle Adolphus every now and then, especially since all their attention has been on Sirius and preparing him to be the new head of our "Ancient and Noble house".

Sirius's voice snapped me out of my thoughts when he replied, "Don't worry Reg, it'll be fine. And as much as I want to stay, I have to go. How else am I supposed to become a powerful wizard and head of our home. Besides, you'll still have our sister Lia, and our uncle Adolphus if our parents are too harsh." Regulus was in deep thought, but he nodded in understanding, and Sirius continued, "Seriously, brother, don't worry. Soon you, me, and Ophelia will all be in Hogwarts together stuck to the hip like always." Reggie frowned and then asked,"But what if you make new friends and you forget all about us?" That question brought a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as I looked down at my younger brother with concern, then looked at my older brother with the same concern.

Sirius looked at both of us with a small, comforting smile that didn't reach his eyes and put a hand on my arm that was comforting Regulus's back and said, "I could never forget you. Both of you. Even if I make a thousand friends or have a thousand girlfriends, I won't forget the two people that have been there for me since day one." I almost believed his words.....almost. Out of the three of us, Sirius had a way of getting people to like him, he was confident and charismatic, while I always had my head buried in a book, and Regulus was quiet as well and was too timid and shy to talk to others.

Regulus looked up at him with that sparkle of hope in his eyes and smiled at Sirius. Regulus then looked at me and then asked, "Can you tell us a story?" I looked at him with slight shock and said "Reg, it's late, are you sure you can stay up that long?" Regulus nodded, getting comfortable in my arms, and Sirius adjusted himself in my bed to get comfortable enough to get back into his slumber, "Yeah, c'mon Lia. One story on my last day here before I'm off. Please? Please? Please? Please?!" I chuckled at my older brother's childishness and shushed him, to not disturb mother and father who have seemed to quiet down from their tiff, maybe they even stopped completely but I couldn't be too careful.

I sighed and nodded smiling at them, "Very well. Any requests?" Regulus and Sirius thought for a second and then Regulus answered enthusiastically "The story about the little moon and stars. I love that one." I looked up at Sirius and he nodded his head and I sighed happily, "Alright then. If that's what you both want." Both my brothers nodded their heads in approval and I started the story, the story that I told them more times than I cared to admit, to the point where I knew it by heart.

I started the story, "A long time ago, when the cosmos were very young and moons and stars were still being born and universes were being created. There was one star that shined brighter than any other. That star was Sirius, he was a part of the dogstar constellation but outshined all of the other stars with his beauty and power. Then a little moon was born, her name was Ophelia. Ophelia didn't shine as brightly as her brother, because she was not a star but it was said that she was twice as powerful or so the legend says." Sirius interrupted "Yeah, when her heads not buried in a book." He chuckled and I smacked him arm again but chuckled a little at my brother's joke and Regulus just continued to listen, smiling and yawned a bit as I continued "Then a second star was born. This star's name was Regulus and he was the brightest star in the constellation known as Leo but sadly he didn't quite shine as bright as Sirius did, but with time, he shined in his own way and was just as powerful as his older sister and brother. The little moon and her two brother stars were always together, avoiding asteroids, and watching the rest of the universe change.......but as time went on. The moon and stars, one by one, slowly started shifting away, changing, growing, and shining with the rest of universe. But no matter how far away they were away from each other, they slowly made their way back, only to be separated by the pull of space and time. But in the end they know that they will meet again and be reunited once more." I ended the story already hearing Sirius's snores and I giggled quietly and I looked down to see Regulus breathing softly which told me he was asleep.

I then made my body go into a comfortable position on my bed on my side facing my brothers and felt sleep slowly take over me but then Regulus's voice spoke slightly pulling me out of my tired state "Did the moon and stars ever reunite?" I looked at Regulus with heavy eyes and saw he was looking at me with slight worry in his eyes. I comfortingly smiled and whispered "I don't know Reg, it is our story after all. We won't know for quite some time." Regulus smiled slightly and then held my hand and said, "I hope we'll always be together. Just the three of us." I smiled and closed my eyes letting sleep take over me as I held my brother's hand "We'll see soon enough." Shortly after that, sleep took over all of us and we fell into our dreams. A part of me hoping the sun never comes up and we can stay like this forever. But even I know that there are things that is truly impossible.

Even with magic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.4K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1M 35.6K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
442K 30.2K 45
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1M 39.9K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...