Enamor

By Dreamee_m

enamor: /iˈnamər,eˈnamər/ to be filled with a feeling of love for. "Dance for me" I whispered in her ear. She... More

Introductions
CAST
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VII
IX
X
XII
XII
AUTHOR

XI

286 24 1
By Dreamee_m

Alexandre 

She was here under my roof. Her presence was a comfort I was deprived of. I watch her from my balcony playing in the grass with her new dog, Arthur. 

It was not surprising I suppose, that she would ask for something of such vitality rather than a handbag or a dress.

It was so like her. I see her smile and laugh as the dog barks, his tongue wagging as he runs after the ball.

My eyes trail her frame, her hair is straightened, dark, and, flowing to her mid-back. Her slim figure was dressed in a long white dress. The dress cut into a v-line that showed off the sides of her breasts. I clear my throat and look away.

She is just so beautiful. She creates beauty everywhere she goes.

She's such an angel.

This morning she woke up early and made breakfast for us both, her smile bright and palpable. 

It's Sunday so I decided to take off to spend it with her. Every moment with her I cherish, she'd never know it however with my stony attitude with her.

"Why the frown?" She'd laugh.

"Malèna!" I call out.

She stops and looks up at me, her hand moving to shade her face from the sun.

"Come in, I must speak with you."

She nods and calls Arthur to come in.

I head downstairs in a white tank top and black sleeping pants.

She waits for me in the kitchen and I step in, my eyes greedily drinking her in. The sun illuminates her as I admire.

"Sit down."

She looks at me as I step around the table.

"I've enrolled you into the Academy of Dance."

She smiles brightly.

I look away something weighing on my mind.

"How is your education?"

She blinks blankly at me.

"Sorry."

I turn around the table 

"Did you finish high school?"

She looks at me irate "yes, and I speak English and French fluently."

"Okay..." I answer.

"So would you like to receive a degree in academics?"

She raises a brow, "you would send me to university?"

I nod. "It's 1990, women can go to university no?" I laugh.

She rolls her eyes, "wow, I can not believe how much money you are spending on me." She retorts.

"Think of it like a gift, you're signing a prenup anyway."

She nods understandingly.

"I want to become a dancer, that is my main priority, when I am too old to dance, I want to teach it."

She's so incredible. She doesn't even want my money, most women jump at the seams to get a taste of my pockets or last name.

"My parents would like to meet you, and we will get married soon."

She frowns slightly but nods. I feel my body tick in irritation at her resistance.

I kneel before her. 

"What's wrong my angel."

She scoffs at the nickname.

"I am not particularly fond of my situation."

I run my hands through her hair and she flinches away.

I grab her head and continue.

"Don't move away from me, I can touch you if I'd like."

She glowers at me, "No you can not!"

I stop my body brimming with anger.

"You are so ungrateful, you have everything, what more could you want? I give you everything! Marrying me is your saving grace, I saved you from your shitty situation! You should be dying to marry me!"

Her eyes brim with tears and a glare. I could not stand that glare. 

I grasp her jaw tightly her eyes still on mine.

"Don't look at me like that."

"You're asking for more than what you once did. You said we'd both have our space, and now what do you want, to touch me?"

I'd love to touch you, I'd die to touch you.

I roll my eyes "It's normal for a couple to touch each other, I'm just touching your hair, I'm not asking for your love only your companionship." I scoff.

She shoves my hand away and I glare.

I slide to her a box I brought down with me bringing her attention to it.

She looks at me in question.

I open it to reveal a diamond ring glittering and surrounded by sapphires. 

"It was my grandmother's."

Her eyes go wide.

I take it out and slip it on her finger.

"It's yours now."

She looks at it in shock.

"This is- too much.."

Nothing's ever too much for you.

"Then you better not lose it."

She looks at me earnestly.

"Don't take it off."

My mother will and my family will come here to stay with us to prepare for the wedding arrangements, during that time you must sleep in my room.

She stands up quickly.

I click my tongue ready for her complaints.

"Must we?"

"We must." I counter grabbing her hand.

"It will not look real otherwise."

"Can't we say that we are waiting until marriage to sleep in the same room?"

"We are not an orthodox family."

Very unorthodox.

She clicks her tongue.

"Alright." She looks up at me with those deep brown eyes and all I wish is that she was in my bed tonight.

I hear a knock on the house door and the maid greets my family. I look at Malèna with passion. She came down in a long deep blue dress that made her complexion glow. Her hair was swept up in a loose bun with some strands framing her angular face.

I kissed her cheek softly and she smiled grimly.

We stand up to greet my family and we smile warmly when they enter.

"Mon fils!" (my son) My mother exclaims warmly. Her blue eyes shining with affection and her kind face was lined with a few wrinkles. She hugs me warmly and turns her attention to Malèna.

"Oh, my soon-to-be daughter, how are you?" She hugs Malèna who returns the affection smiling. 

My sister walks in in a shorter green dress her cat eyes lined with kohl.

"My loser brother finally found a woman to put up with him, sacre bleu!" She mocks.

My jaw clenches "sister." I respond.

"Always a pleasure she kisses my cheek before kissing Malèna's cheek."

"You're a beauty aren't you?", Malèna stares at my sister in shock.

"No, you most certainly are," Malèna replies.

I roll my eyes, my sister and I are identical, she finds her beautiful but wants nothing to do with me?

My brother Julien walks in with an air of carelessness and grunge. He was always the executioner of the family, the most dangerous one. 

He smirks before greeting me and sets his eyes on my fiancé who smiles kindly. His eyes swim with amusement and I glare at him, watching carefully.

"The beautiful bride that I have never met. I see why my brother kept you a secret." He kisses her hand maintaining strong eye contact and I glare at him in warning.

He smirks with a boyish grin and gestures for her to sit down beside him. I look on irately and I see my sister with a ghost of a laugh on her face.

Julien and Malèna are sat on the couch talking and I greet my other family members while glancing at their interaction.

I hear a glass clink signaling for us to move to the dining table for dinner. 

Malèna and I sit beside each other and my mother sits at the head. 

We begin in prayer and eat. 

The feast prepared amazed my family as they boasted about my wealth. Wealth I made outside of the family business.

They have never been to my house, except my siblings and mother. This house was my private abode where I sought peace.

"I would like to prepare a toast for the wonderful engagement of my son and his fiancé. They will be married in three months' time! Let us celebrate the happy couple.

Everyone toasts and I look at Malèna kissing her cheek. She grips the table, her teeth clenched.

As my lips touch her cheek I whisper "Smile."

She smiles and I see my sister look on with a raised brow. 

I smile right back at her.

My sister is the most cunning, she could almost be my twin. My shadow. I could never fool her and it seems today was no exception.

She was the female counterpart of me. If I was Apollo, she was Artemis. 

We ate dinner and as we all retire I see my sister approach Malèna. 

"Let's talk shall we?" Malèna nods and I look on with worry as my sister grins at me before taking her away.

"Alexandre we need to speak."

I turn to see my mother.

We go upstairs and I close the office door. 

She sighs.

"She's a lovely girl, but-

I look on in annoyance.

"But?"

She lowers her gaze in though, worry crinkled in her eyes.

"Where did you find her? Does she come from a prosperous family?"

I chuckle humourlessly "I do not care where she came from..."

"You should! This family is like a monarchy, we have a business. We have hundreds of millions. We are one of the richest families in Europe! You don't want someone who is here to mess it up, to steal our money!"

"This engagement came from nowhere, I don't understand. You simply phone me telling me you are getting married? Why did you not introduce her sooner?"

"Malèna is so much to me! She is kind, she does not even want my money and to prove it she is even signing a prenup! Also, I did not want to say anything until things became serious..."

She nods.

"Is this not what you wanted Mother for me to be married?"

Her brow raises "Are you doing this because you love her?"

"or-

I stiffen at the insinuation. She doesn't know whether I want the inheritance or I actually love her.

"I have enough money, I do not need the inheritance you promised when I marry."

She laughs.

"You love her?"

I did not quite understand my feelings for her. It was not love. I cared, I lusted. but love?

"I do." I tell her what she wants to hear.

She smiles softly and walks to me.

She puts her hand on my face and looks me in the eyes.

"I know you were deprived of the love from your father and even from me. Your father never let me love you because he wanted you to become cold, like him."

"That's why I want you to be loved by your wife, to make up for it. I am sorry my son."

I look away.

"You have my full and free forgiveness, mother."

She nods and steps out as I reflect.

She gave me the answer I have longed for my whole life. I knew it, it just hurt more hearing it.

Even now, I long for the affection from a woman who does not feel the same.

I trapped her into this marriage with me.

I sit down in misery.

I will have her no matter what. It doesn't matter how I get it, the means justify the ends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 10.8K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
2.9M 54.3K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1M 56.3K 58
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
4.1M 259K 100
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...