MUTE

By D_vine22

In a world where a person's silence is often taken advantage of and kids with disabilities get bullied, 16yea... More

Author's Note
CHARACTERS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
Going on a break

CHAPTER NINE

18 5 8
By D_vine22

Chapter nine
                    <<<<Hadiza's pov>>>>

I walked slowly to the school building where my class was. I strangely woke up with a headache this morning. Ah! My head hurts.

I had even slept late yesterday watching Never Have I Ever. They had uploaded an episode of the movie and I had to watch it.

I had gotten to my class as I squeaked the door open. I stepped in and was met with Conrad's gaze which deepened into my skin as I walked over to my seat.

I felt someone pulled my braids out. I muffled in pain. Me still complaining of a headache and then someone drags my hair.

I knew who it was. Fabiola.

I turned back to confirm it and yes! It was her. Standing close to me with her idiot disciples and smiling mysteriously with her hands folded underneath her bust.

The whole class left whatever they were doing to watch the drama before them. All they do is just watch, no one will help the person who's been bullied.

I held my pounding head and I tried to get up. I was on the floor at the moment. It was like she pulled my skull out.

No.....am just exaggerating.

I was having a headache and I needed to stay somewhere quiet. Faraway from Fabiola. Far away from the noises of my classmates.

Fabiola was still holding onto my hand so I couldn't go anywhere. I quickly released my hand from her as I dashed out of the class.

Smart move right there hadiza.

"Where is she going to?" I heard her say as I left the class. "Go, after her"

As I heard that I quickly took to my heels.

Oh gosh! Where will I hide?

I looked back as I saw two of Fabiola's friends racing up to me. They were close now.

We had run to the back of the school. I noticed they were a bit slow now and I then hid behind a huge building where the big generator was. I knew it to be the powerhouse, the building itself and that's what people call it.

I peeped a bit and saw they were out of sight. I guess they should have gone by now.

It should be time for assembly.

I will stay here for now until the assembly is over.

I closed my eyes, inhaled, and exhaled. I did that several times until I felt calm.

I came out of my hiding place as I strolled into the building. I have never entered that huge building before.

The powerhouse has many rooms in it. I came into a room that was wide and neat. It looked like a music room. I could see many musical instruments in there. Instruments that I have never seen before.

Is this a music room that the school doesn't want us to know about?

But we have a music room in the school why is there another one here in the powerhouse?

I kept going into the room which seemed deep. I came across a huge mirror placed on the wall.

It reminded me of a dance crew that I watched on YouTube that performed in a place like this. It had the same mirror and wide space as that dance crew.

I looked at my wrist watch and it was 8:04 am.

That means I didn't hear when the bell was rung.

Classes should have started by now.

I made my way out of the building and practically ran to the class anxiously praying there shouldn't be a teacher in the class.

I got to the class sweating to meet the class making noise. There was no teacher in the class. I ran that much for nothing.

Entering the class, everyone was busy disturbing the whole class and some were minding their own business.

I gazed at Conrad, who was busy discussing with his friends, or rather his friends trying to discuss some stuff with him but he was looking as bored as fuck....

F*ck..? Hadiza, mind your language. Thank goodness I said that in my head.

Speaking about Conrad, I don't just seem to understand him. Why is he being so nice to me? Why does he want to be friends with me?... A mute

When he has others who are craving for his friendship.

I thought he would have done something else to me at his house but it was the opposite.

Why did he suddenly change his attitude towards me?

All these questions I need him to answer.

Or should I go and ask him now?

No, I think it's a bad idea.

His friends are there. Even though am I sure he's not pretending to act nice around me now.

'Hadiza!'

I directed my gaze to the voice that called my name. I smiled, it was Diana.

I took a quick search with my eyes around the class as I walked over to where Diana was.

Good!! Fabiola and her minions are not in class.

"Wassup, Hazel" Diana greeted me with the nickname she gave me, as I got close to my seat where she stood. " I heard what Fabiola did to you this morning, are you alright?"She asked as she grabbed a chair to sit on and I sat on my seat.
Short form for hadiza

"Yes," I nodded my head in response. I wasn't fine. My head still hurts but what do you want me to say to her?

"This Fabiola girl never gets tired of causing you trouble"

"How was your project meeting with Conrad?" Diana asked. "Hope he did not try to bully you?"

"He....nice..to me" I placed a finger on my chest.

"He was nice to you. How come? I thought he'd bully you." Diana sounded surprised. I followed her gaze which was now on Conrad. He was busy laughing at whatever his friends were saying.

"He wants...to...be..my friend," Diana's eyes widened the moment she heard what I said.

"What?!!,"Diana exclaimed.

Trust Diana to overreact.

"This same Conrad that bullies you and is even sitting down there asked you to be his friend"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I strongly advise that you should be very careful because you don't know what his intentions are towards you," Diana stated.

"So....did you watch the new episode that came out in Never Have I Ever," Her lips curved forming a smile.

I nodded. "I....slept..late..watching it"

"Same here, I like the way it ended. I never knew Devi would end up with Ben. I was expecting her to end up with Paxton." Diana explained.

************************************************
The bell had been rung for closing time and I was the only one in the library except for the librarian no students were in the library.

I helped the librarian to return both the books I used and others used by students back to the bookshelf.

I also helped the librarian to arrange the scattered chairs as I informed the librarian I was leaving and quickly left the library.

Diana must have been waiting for me.

I got to class in no time and started packing my books into my bag.

The door was hit wide open. Who was that?

I was startled. My textbook fell from my hand as she walked up to me.

"You, little bitch. You have the guts to become Conrad's partner when I'm here," Fabiola grabbed me by my collar and pushed me to the wall, which made me muffled in pain.

"How dare you? You useless fool" She continued.

But It isn't my fault.

"I..I..I...can..not...do....," I anxiously tried explaining to her that I can not do anything. It isn't my fault.

"Shut up, you shameless mother-fucker," Fabiola screamed still holding my collar.

"I will see to it that by tomorrow, Conrad isn't your partner anymore and I become his partner,"

With my back still smooched to the wall. She slapped me as I fell to the floor.

My eyes suddenly became wet. I bit my lips hard as I fought back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. Why do I want to cry?  She isn't worth my tears.

With one hand on my face, I slowly looked up and I saw the corners of her lips curl up. She smirked at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I want you to scream for help. Go on, shout, yell. I want to hear you," she stepped backward and folded her arms.

I lowered my head, still trembling in fear on the floor. I couldn't do what she was asking me to do.

I couldn't shout or yell. I just sat on the floor silently.

"Ungrateful bitch," I heard Fabiola say and felt her hands landed on my face twice as she grabbed me by my collar again. As if that wasn't enough for her. She pushed me harder to the wall this time. She then kicked me by my stomach.

I felt a sharp pain in my back as I muffled in pain.

I was pleased when I heard the door squeak open. At last, someone had come to save me.

"Guy, Conrad's friends, Daniel and Joshua walked into the class laughing. They both looked at Fabiola and me but they quickly looked away like there weren't People in the class.

They both walked straight to Conrad's seat and they began searching for something on his desk.

They continued talking as th

Fabiola didn't even attempt to stop torturing me. Even with the fact that people were in the same class with her hitting me.

Fabiola raised my face as she said "Oh! You think I will stop because someone is here. But guess what!" She paused for a while as she pretended to think. "I won't stop," she raised her hands and I felt her hands land on my face.

I lowered my head again. I bit my lips hard as I tried to bear the pain I felt.

I heard footsteps. Someone walked into the class. I raised my head as my gaze met with Conrad as Fabiola kept holding my collar.

I stared at him and he stared back at me.

I tried to hold back the tears I had been trying to hold but I couldn't. Tears ran down my cheeks.

Why was he just standing here?

Why couldn't he just come and save me?

Do something, Conrad. Am begging!

I hoped that he would be the same Conrad I saw yesterday.

I thought we were friends. Don't let bully me like this.

I tried begging him internally.

But he just looked away after we finished staring at each other and walked over to his friends.

"Guys, what's taking you so long now? You, know we are already late for the football match," Conrad said with his two hands in his pocket.

"I don't think he left it in your bag because we've checked your bag and still can't find it," I heard Daniel, Conrad's friend say.

"Let's check it again," Conrad said.

Fabiola grabbed me by my collar again. "You, forsaken peacock. What were you thinking looking at my Conrad like that? Oh! You think he is going to come to your aid or what?!"

She hit me on the wall with my back smooched to the wall and pushed me to the ground.

I began to cry. My sobs muffled as I was still on the ground. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I felt weak, tired, and pained.

Conrad and his friends walked out of the class. They left like they didn't see what Fabiola was doing to me.

"I will see to it that by tomorrow I become Conrad's partner," She smirked at me and left the class afterward.

Immediately she left, I grabbed my bag and took out my phone from it. I texted Diana that she should come meet me in class.

It didn't take long before it showed blue with two ticks. That means she had gotten my message.

"Okay. I will be right there," she texted back.

I didn't wait for long as I heard the glass door open. Diana came in.

Her eyes widened when she saw me. She had a surprised expression on her face.

"Oh my God! hazel. Who did this to you?" Diana quickly rushed to me and helped me up.

"Fabiola," I responded.

I explained everything to her including Conrad and his friends coming to the class when Fabiola was busy hitting me.

"That Fabiola girl is a pure definition of a wicked human being. How can such a person be so cruel? She's just so full of herself like she can just be someone like trash,"

"I mean Look at the way she hit you. A normal human being can't do this to her fellow one no matter what. And that Conrad didn't even try to help you. Even after acting nice to you he couldn't do anything and he just stood and watched that stupid girl hit you like this," Diana angrily said. She looked very angry as she spoke.

"Hadiza, I think it's time we report Fabiola to the school because this is getting worse day by day,"

"There's no use...for that. Let's go..home," I heavily sighed as I replied to Diana.

"But she will keep bullying you if we don't report her," she tried to reason with me.

"Okay, let's go home," Diana said. She stood up and came to help me as we both left the school premises.

Hey y'all
This is the longest chapter I have written in this book and I hope it will continue like this😊
How is this chapter?
Don't forget to vote, share and Comment .
Benzita13 &D_vine22🤎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.3K 21
Arisela's life has been a never-ending rollercoaster. She is a beautiful, smart, talented girl; she had dreams that she wanted to fulfill, just like...
3.7K 69 20
What happens when Y/n is mute and has to communicate through writing with her friends? Will she ever talk to her friends? Or even to her childhood cr...
44.2K 1.3K 16
Kathys bullied by boys, but after years of torment she doesn't take it so seriously and learns to ignore it. But when the school starts a study buddy...
63.8K 1.3K 20
Haylie has been mute sense she was 13 because of a tragic accident she is now 17 she suffers from anxiety and the loss of her parents Jacksons a bad...