The Curse Of The Alpha

By Midika

"So you're a virgin, then." He says it so blatantly it rattles me to the core. "No! I mean, would it matter i... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

30

3.8K 116 42
By Midika

Word Count: 1612

~Meara

I stare through the canopy of leaves, stretching out uncomfortably.

There's a bitter chill to the air, but at least the rain has ceased. We are camped out in the forest near Kimsa's house. It's too late to walk to the edge of her magical protection bubble, and she doesn't want us in the house with her, so here we are.

"Tomorrow we go to Hazel and have her bring us to this location," Sire says as he sets down some more blankets next to me, gesturing at me to lay them over myself.

I fold my hands over my stomach, staring upward. "You haven't even given me a chance to think about this."

This should be an easy decision. I shouldn't be thinking twice about being aligned to Sire. We are mates, we are already bonded. But the way Kimsa described what it would be like to be aligned overwhelmed me.

When we are apart, I will feel it...I already do, but now, I fear it may be excruciating. What else might I feel? Will my emotions become too much to handle?

The thought is terrifying...

"What is there to think about?" Sire questions, folding a blanket up so he can use it as a pillow.

I brace myself up on my elbows. "This is a big decision. I'm tying myself to you forever."

"We are mates," he reminds me flatly.

I roll my eyes. "I know. But it's more than that, and you know it."

He pauses, a frown gathering between his brows. I can't tell if he is hurt or angry. He has every right to be both, I get it, but I can't help that I have reservations. I wish I were as ready to commit myself to him as he is to me.

"So what, you would rather Carran?" He asks softly, the depth of his tone conveying a growing fury.

"No...I didn't say that." I sit up fully. "Not that it would matter, because you're planning to kill Carran anyways."

"I am."

His jaw tightens as he concentrates on building his bed. The moonlight dances along his raven hair, along the sharp lines of his face that seem cut from glass. When he looks angry, he looks just like the Alpha he is destined to be.

"Maybe I should align with Carran, then. That way this witchy bond thing will only last a bit," I bite back.

Obviously I have no interest in being with Carran. The man is insufferable, and I know deep down that I'm meant to be with Sire, we just have to get through our disagreement.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to use this to shamelessly get what I want. If it means saving my fellow Pack members from a needless war, then I'll do it.

Sire settles down next to me, his eyes chips of dark blue ice.

"Or, you could align with me. You will be with your mate, and the Alpha."

I don't hate the idea of being Luna has much as I thought I would. It's daunting, but we haven't had a Luna since Carran's mother died, and I would like to think one would really benefit the Pack.

It just needs to be done right.

"You're not the Alpha yet," I remind him flatly, narrowing my eyes.

"Oh, I will be."

"This is the problem," I exclaim, throwing my hands up. "How can I tie myself to someone who can't even give up a revenge fantasy to be with their mate."

He swallows, watching me keenly. He knows I'm right.

"Carran deserves what is coming to him, and not just because he kissed you," he says, his tone softening, although there is a bitter edge to it at the memory of marks on my face that Carran's grip left.

"Are you okay with the people who will die in a war you may start?" I question.

He frowns. "What about those currently dying from a curse that we can end right now?"

"There's more than one way to end it, apparently," I remind him coldly, turning my body to face him.

"Don't even consider it," he seethes.

We are close enough now that I can feel the heat emanating off him. I'm so angry at him for not even trying to push off his desire for revenge that I could strangle him.

"What are you going to do if I do consider Carran? You're already planning on killing him," I state, my breathing increases with every word I force out.

He's so aggravating. How can someone be so terrible and yet so damn attractive at the same time? I want to rip his clothes off and tell him how much I can't stand him.

He leans closer, his brows furrowing together. "You're my mate."

I let out the deep breath I didn't realise I was holding. He's looking at me like he wants to eat me alive, and I think I'm okay with that.

All of a sudden, the distance between us vanishes. He grabs my waist, tugging me beneath him, bringing his lips down to mine.

I melt against the hard planes of his body, enjoying the feeling of his weight pressing into me.

He doesn't kiss me gently. He kisses me like he wants to pull all the breath from my lungs. He kisses me like he wants me to his core, and yet can't have me. His hands grip my flesh like he is scared I will disappear.

I arch my back, enjoying his breathy groan against my mouth.

I too cling to him, my fingers digging into his clothing, into his skin. His tongue sweeps through his mouth, his teeth nearly colliding with mine in his desperation. All I can do is hold him, feel his kiss to my very bones.

His hands slide down to my hips, pressing me up against him. My core burns with heat, my body begging for his.

But my mind reminds me that this is a bad idea. A terrible idea. I press my palms into a chest and push him off me.

He doesn't fight me. He pulls away immediately, a cold zap of air coming between us.

For a long moment we just stare at each other, our breathing harsh. It doesn't seem to matter that we are outside beneath the tall trees, with Kimsa's house just a few feet away.

"If you agree right now to not kill Carran, to waiting to get your revenge until we have a plan, I will partake in this ceremony with you," I assure him gently.

His eyes darken again. "You're not seriously considering doing otherwise, are you?"

He's avoiding my proposal because he doesn't want Carran to win. I can see how much it hurts him having Carran as Alpha, but if he wants this to work, he's going to see this from my side too.

"Maybe I am," I breathe.

"If Carran agrees to be tied to you, it's because he wants power over me." He straightens, a muscle in his jaw fluttering.

I narrow my eyes. "What if he was telling the truth? What if he feels something for me?"

I know I shouldn't be saying this, that I'm only fuelling the fire within him, but I'm angry. I want him to see how serious I am about this.

"Should I go ask him?" I add, fluttering my eyes.

"You're mine." He grabs my arm for emphasis, seeming like he wants to draw me closer to him, but he resists.

"Agree to my terms, then." I'm almost begging at this point.

If Sire agreed, I could really see this working. Sire wants to try, I can see it, but this one thing is getting in the way. Problem is, I'm not going to back down from this for the sake of those like Hazel.

Sire pulls back, sweeping his hand through his hair frustratingly. "I can't...I need to do this."

"Is it more important than me?" I demand, growing irritated myself. I shouldn't have kissed him. Now my thoughts are a complete mess.

"No, of course not," he breathes.

I grab his broad shoulders, shaking him a little. "Then do it."

He brushes a piece of hair from my face, gazing at me. For a moment, he looks like he's going to agree to the terms he was once okay with.

Carran more than just crossed a line when he kissed me. He ruined everything.

"I'll think about it. I'll seriously think about it," he promises, drawing my hands up to kiss each one softly.

"We are running out of time," I hiss. I don't have the heart to yank my hands away, though. He's trying...I'm grateful for that, at least.

He looks off into the forest, his breath fogging in front of him. "Just a couple of days. Please."

I sigh through my nose, settling down into the blankets, pulling them up to my chin.

"Alright...A couple of days," I murmur.

If he isn't going to take this seriously, I'm going to make him. Even if that means going to Carran. she has decided she is going to see Carran to see if she can get him to agree to something*

💛••💛

Want more?? This story is available 10 chapters ahead on Goodnovel! (:

Thanks for reading (:

Check out The Alpha's Prize on Wattpad now!!

"...I've never had an orgasm before!" I blurt out, backing away a few steps.

He sits up, dark hair ruffled and messy from the fingers I ran through it. His eyes, once wide, slowly darken.

"You what?" He breathes.

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 32.7K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
2.3K 60 29
"Don't get mad at me but I badly wanna do this" "Uhhh.... What are you doing to me?.... I have a girlfriend...... Stop.... P-please....." "Do you rea...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
1.3K 40 51
****WARNING!!! This book has themes in it that may be triggering for some. (Rape, sexual assault, violence, strong language) please proceed with caut...