From fantasy to reality a Pol...

By vicopinto92

Colin Bridgerton is part of one of the most important families of London aristocracy, that night at the Feath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 35

902 14 0
By vicopinto92

Five months had passed since Eloise Bridgerton escaped from London after publishing the scandalous pamphlet where she spoke horrible things about her beloved brother Colin Bridgerton, now Lord Featherington.
Eloise could not put into words the peace of mind she felt when a month after arriving at the Crane mansion, she began to receive Lady Whistledown's pamphlet, which meant that her best friend was safe and sound, she knew very well the Penelope's way of writing, since the viscountess was not as good with words.

But she didn't dare to come home, when walked away from the disaster she did; really understood what had done, felt so bad about herself that she didn't want to show her face at the Bridgerton house.

She knew her family would look for her but didn't want to be found. Lady Whistledown had lied in her pages for the second time because the pamphlet said she was ill at Audrey Hall.

The curious thing was, the short distance from the country house, only two hours by carriage.

When Eloise ran out of London because she didn't want to hear that Penelope, her soul sister, had died, she ran away in a rush. But what she found at the Crane mansion was no festive atmosphere, it took her four days to arrive, when she finally did.

Lady Crane had died three days ago, she thought the widower would be devastated but she saw him very calm. Even the twins who were three years old were oblivious to what had happened to her mother.
She hadn't arrived in time for the funeral, but it was as if nothing had happened in the mansion. She hardly saw her host, but since she had not been invited, she decided that it was best to take care of the children, or that was what thought she did, because it is no secret to anyone that Eloise Bridgerton's maternal instinct was non-existent. But Eloise couldn't deny that she loved reading to the twins before going to sleep, it felt wrong that their father, or uncle in this case, didn't even turn to look at them.
After reading that night, while Eloise was going to her room, saw a candle lit in the study, thinking that it was better to turn it down to avoid a fire, El entered the place.
Sir Phillip was like a statue looking at the wall, Eloise followed the man's gaze, seeing that he was looking at the only painting of Phillip, Marina and the twins, she thought it was better to leave but curiosity weighed more on her, and it was because it was impossible for Eloise not to want to know everything.

-do you miss her?

Sir Phillip jumped slightly, surprised at the interruption.

-Miss Bridgerton!

-Excuse me, did the light wake you up?

"No," she smiled, "I was reading a book for the twins before sleeping." Plus my room is on the other side.

"Oh that's true" the man smiled at her.

Eloise was not a big fan of seeing handsome men, but the one in front of her looked incredibly exceptional when he smiled and not because she saw that smile very often, in fact in those five months that she had been in the mansion they had interacted so little that All the encounters could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

-do you miss her? -Eloise insisted

-Can I refuse to answer that question, miss?

-why?

-I'm going to sound like a terrible person.

-Are you happy?

"No," the knight said quickly.

-so?

-I imagine you know that Marina was or was going to be my older brother's wife?

-Yes, she was pregnant with him, isn't?

-Yes -the man nodded- my children are not mine, they are my nephews, my title, this house, Marina. None of this was supposed to be mine, seeing her -Phillip looked at Eloise in the eyes, he hated doing it because every time he did it got lost in them, so he lowered his gaze, cleared his throat. "Seeing Marina" he continued. - reminded me of that, every day, that nothing was mine, it's like I had stolen my brother's life.

-Did you ever think about it, when your brother was alive?

-no never. I was happy being the second brother, I had the funds for my research, the freedom to study, the war changed all of our lives, Marina never got over it, you could see the guilt on her face, for what she did to your brother, but what weighed her most was seeing my brother's face on the faces of her children, she never told me, but I could tell. Now my nephews will not remember the faces of either of her parents.

-but they have you.

-That was exactly what I was thinking looking at the painting.

-I don't understand.

-Raising them is my duty, but I could tell the world the truth that they are my nephews.

Eloise opened her mouth in surprise, Phillip looked at her, made a crooked smile, and looked back at the floor.

-It's very selfish, right?

-I. I am not the ideal person to talk about selfishness Sir Crane, the reason I am here was never to come and help with the situation, I was running away from my house, because I made a mistake believing I was right.

Phillip smiled, somehow he knew, no debutante would arrive without a maid just for the sake of it.

-I must say that I am not fooling anyone, miss, I was selfish by letting you stay so you could help me with the children.

-I hardly do anything.

-You do more than me.

They both looked into each other's eyes, there was something so sweet about looking at him that Eloise felt like she could stay there for hours.

-You can't stay here, I have to find a wife so the children can move on.

-Sir Crane, are you throwing me out?

-No, of course not. But you must return to your life in London, your family must be very worried about you, and if they find out that you are here, your brothers will not hesitate to murder me, or invite me to a duel that ends in my death, I cannot do that to the Twins.

-It's impossible for them to know I'm here.

-I remind you that your brother Colin has already been here, for me you could stay forever, but you deserve much more.

-What if we get married?

-what? -

He was speechless, but inside his heart warmed, when Eloise came with that story that she was a close friend of Marina and that she had promised to take care of the children, Phillip had not believed a single word of her, but boy did he?
He liked to see Miss Bridgerton, not from the front of course, the only three times he had her close he wanted to get closer to see those eyes from millimeters away, a hunger to eat her mouth filled him, even his mouth was salivating too much.
Something that had not happened even once with Marina, who had not even had their wedding night.

-If you dislike the idea so much...

"It's not that I dislike it," he hastened to answer, "I thought you never wanted to get married."

-How do you know that? This is the first time we've talked.

-As you already know, Miss Bridgerton, Lady Whistledown's pamphlet also arrives here. It was the only thing Marina and I did together.

-It's not that I never want to get married -Eloise lied - look at it this way, you need a wife and I hate life in London, it's perfect.

-I understand - he became discouraged - the truth is, miss, I would like to have an regular married life, I would not want to repeat the story that I already lived with Marina.

-I don't understand.

Phillip looked at the floor, gathering courage.

-I'm talking about the physical, miss, Marina and I were never physical, it was a relationship of acquaintances, since we had heirs I didn't see it necessary either, but with the lady I marry, I want to have that too.

-I understand

Eloise looked at the floor, she remembered when she and Benedict found Colin and Penelope in the prequel to the physical act that Phillip mentioned, just thinking about doing that with the gentleman in front of her made her blush, and her center began to throb

- I. I could do that too- said Eloise.

Phillip tried not to react when he heard those words, but his heart skipped a beat.

-You deserve much more, miss, you should marry for love.

Eloise took a step forward, her heart beginning to hammer in her chest.

-What is love? Sir Crane.

His hands were sweating, and his mouth was salivating excessively but felt dry, Phillip pressed his lips together.

-what I feel about you, miss.

Eloise's eyes widened, her heart threatening to burst out of her mouth. She moved closer to the knight, grabbed his hand and guided it over her chest.

-this is Love?

He did the same with her hand.

-You could be wrong miss. They both lowered their hands.

-What do you mean?

-If it is your first time alone with a gentleman, it could be nerves, your heart palpitating.

-Nerves would also make me want to kiss you?

Sir Phillip shook his head. Eloise closed her eyes praying that this man would forget being a knight and so he did.

The next thing she felt was his wet lips on hers, she had read a lot about kisses but none had explained what to do, she raised a hand to meet his face, and he began to move his lips, Eloise felt a hand on her waist. Drawing her towards him, upon feeling her heat there was an understanding that no longer had doubts and she let herself be guided.

Phillip lifted her and placed her on a table, her center did not stop throbbing. Eloise felt some friction in her intimate area that raised her temperature. The need to undress the gentleman was real. She opened her eyes to find the buttons of his vest.
They both heard a knock on the door, they stopped instantly, Phillip separated, he saw how something was pushing the man's pants, and he remembered Penelope's words. Eloise looked at who had made the noise, one of the servants, and her cheeks flushed.
It was apparent that Phillip was not going to show himself.

-Yeah?

-I'm sorry to interrupt, miss, but you received this letter, the person who brought it said it was urgent.

Eloise opened her eyes in surprise, no one had written to her.

El

You must go to Audrey Hall immediately, Colin had the idea to come find you at the Crane mansion. The whole family will arrive on Friday, I haven't written to you before because Colin is watching me like a hawk, you should know that no one is angry of what you did, we all understand that you were scared.
with love
P

Friday was in a couple of hours. She thought

-I have to go.

-What happened?

-My brothers will arrive tomorrow morning if I don't leave right now.

-I'll see, are you going to Audrey Hall then

-Yes, right now.

-I will arrive tomorrow then

-you don't have any excuse to be there.

Phillip felt rejected.

-You're right, I have nothing to do there

the man retired.

-That's not what I meant, Phillip!

oh Eloise didn't know what to do, but she couldn't waste time, she had to get her suitcase ready, tomorrow she would face her family

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752K 16.6K 37
Olivia Borough (17) is Lady Bridgerton's niece who got abandoned after her mother passed away. Now that her father has died too, there is no other op...
145K 4.4K 35
[Draft 1 of Lady Whistledown's Unpublished Papers] Dear Reader, "Egredere Audacter Et Fideliter "~ Go Out Boldly and Faithfully, is the Vincent famil...
80.9K 2K 32
"Are you mad? I would never dream of courting Penelope Featherington." Brokenhearted from the words she heard from her childhood love, Penelope Feath...
88.1K 911 13
I just finished binge watching Bridgerton and I loved it! Colin and Penelope deserved more screen time and I just finished reading the 4th Bridgerton...