Hidden Titles

By Aeroh_luck

Ellie Moon is the prodigy child of the world's most renowned detectives. She has helped crack supernatural c... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 5

30 6 0
By Aeroh_luck

It was 4:15PM and I was currently sitting in my new dorm room, I had just finished unpacking everything and putting my room together just the way I liked it.

I was right to think that the rooms would be nice. It was all modern, and had a whole downstairs with a living room, bathroom and kitchen, and guest bedroom. 

And then to top it all off it had open white stairs that lead up to my room and office area. For one person this was definitely an insane amount of space. I had to wonder what the teachers' rooms were like.

I sat down on my bed as I thought about all of the events that took place earlier throughout the day. 

I thought back to my conversation with Megan earlier. I still couldn't believe how quickly she agreed to the deal I had made with her. Not only that but how it was her energy that I first noticed protecting the boundaries of the school. I've never felt anything like it before, nor anyone who could do that sort of thing.

I also thought back to our headmaster. He could use compulsion on me, that was evident. But what really bothered me was the way that he used it. It felt so dark and cold, like all of the good emotions were suddenly taken from me. I didn't like that one bit. There was something majorly off about that guy.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud knock at the door, interrupting my thoughts.

 I quickly sat up off of my bed and went downstairs to the front door. Opening it to reveal Liz and Becca standing there.

"Hey boo we are headed down to dinner, you coming with?" Liz asked me as she stood there looking around my dorm.

 "Yeah, let me just grab my phone." I quickly said walking over to the counter and pulling it out of its charger. 

"I like what you've done with the place." Becca said, motioning behind me as I walked back to toward them.

I muttered a quick thanks before closing the door behind me. "It's crazy how all of this room is just for one person." I said as we made our way out of the dormitories and in the direction of the seniors dining lounge.

"I still can't believe what happened earlier." Liz started. "Like what even made Vanessa so mad at you in the first place?" she asked, directing her gaze at Becca.

"Well, when I first got to the gym, her and her posy came up to me and told me that they needed my brother's phone number. I asked them why and then Vanessa said how she is going to date him. And well, me being the person I am, I don't just randomly give out people's information. So, I asked her why she didn't just ask my brother for it herself, especially if she was trying to date him. She obviously took it the wrong way and started accusing me of trying to step in between her and my brother's non-existent relationship, and well, you saw how that all went." She grimaced.

"Ah that makes more sense to be honest. It's still crazy how she took it as far as she did though." Liz said crinkling her nose.

"That reminds me, how are you feeling after all of that? I can only imagine how much it must have hurt having fire being constantly thrown at you."

"I'm feeling great, I don't know what you did but ever since you healed my burns I feel as good as new. Better than before actually." Becca's mouth curved into a smile.

"I'm glad I could be of service." I said, returning her smile.

When we got there, just past the main doors, we reached the commons area.

Inside was decorated in white and black marble flooring and tables. There were green and blue chairs scattered everywhere with lights hanging from all over the ceiling.

 We quickly made our way over to one of the tables, sitting down. I noticed each table holding menus at every seat.

(Picture reference)

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this." Liz spoke, looking around the room.

 Just then I noticed the headmaster appeared through the doors, he was wearing a light brown suit, with a white button up shirt. 

He slowly made his way past us and on to the stage that sat at the other end of the room. He picked up the microphone and spoke.

(Headmaster Stones suit)

"Good evening, Seniors!" He started. "It's my pleasure to welcome you tonight to your first dinner rally. As I'm sure you've noticed there are menus on each of the tables. You can pick anything you want, and our world class best chefs will bring the food out to you." Everyone roared in excitement as he said this.

"This school is amazing." One of the boys from my first period class said. He had blue hair and blue eyes. He glanced at me and then noticed Becca sitting next to me. "Hey sis." He quipped, getting her attention. She smiled when she saw him and motioned him to come and sit with us.

"Hey Sebastian, I haven't seen you all day. Come sit with us." She pointed at the empty seat next to her. 

He grinned, pulling the chair out, sitting next to her. Our attention was turned back towards the headmaster as he continued to speak.

"I hope you all enjoy what this school has to offer. We also have a shopping district on the south side of the school borders, there you can get new clothes, accessories, and really anything that you could possibly want." This had everyone clapping and whistling. "If there are any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of our other staff. Enjoy dinner." He said placing the mic back on the stand.

"I don't believe we've met yet." I looked to my right, seeing Sebastian grinning at me. He was one of those guys that any girl would swoon over. He had perfectly straight white teeth, and dimples where he smiled.

"Ellie Moon." I said smirking.

"Sebastian Blau." He extended his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand returning the gesture.

"So, I heard what you did for my sister earlier today. Thanks for looking out for her." I looked over at Becca and saw a faint blush appear on her cheeks.

"Anytime." I told him.

"I also heard about how the headmaster didn't do anything either. In my opinion that guy shouldn't even be allowed to be the headmaster." He scrunched up his face as he looked over to where the headmaster was standing. He was talking to Ms. Raie and a few of the other teachers on the stage.

"I'm with you on that one." Liz said gaining Sebastians attention. His eyes sparkled as he took her in. 

"The name's Liz Fox." She said, giving him a flirtatious smile. I looked between the two and could already tell that they would make a cute couple.

I decided to pull my gaze back over towards where the headmaster was standing and noticed him slowly looking around the room, his curious eyes looking for something. Or someone.

I watched his eyes scanning the area until his gaze turned to someone in the far back. I followed his eyes, seeing Megan standing there with her arms crossed as she talked to one of the teachers. She seemed annoyed about something before she quickly made her way out of the room. 

I turned my head back and watched as the headmaster quickly walk down the stairs and in the direction of where Megan disappeared.

I got a bad feeling and decided I should probably go and make sure he doesn't try anything weird, especially considering how uncomfortable she looked in his office earlier.

"I'll be right back." I said to my friends, before quickly standing up.

"Where ya goin?" Sebastian said regarding me with a curious look.

"Just the restroom." I said looking at him. He furrowed his brows and then looked down at his menu. "Okay, well we will order you something while you're gone." He pointed at the menu.

 Thanking him, I started walking out of the dining room and in the direction I last saw Megan head. I wasn't sure where she went, so I quickly decided to use my magic, focusing it into my eyes.

And just like that I could instantly see all sorts of energies flowing around me and throughout the corridors. 

There were different colors ranging anywhere from blue to orange to anything that's of the rainbow. I looked around in all directions and noticed two energies leading off towards the north wing. 

One was a bright emerald green; it radiated the warmth that indicated Megan and the other... the other was dark and muddy. I scanned it for a moment longer before briskly following them. I was walking for a good minute before I neared a corner and heard two voices talking.

"Come on Megan, I know that you want me. Just give in and go on a date with me." One of the voices said. I mentally gagged as I listened.

"No Oliver. I've already told you so many times that I'm not interested in you like that. So please take the hint and leave me alone." I heard Megan say.

 I decided to peak around the corner just then to see what was happening. I saw Megan's back was up against the wall while Headmaster Stone leaned over her with both of his hands on either side of her head.

"I know you are lying Megan. I've noticed how you secretly look at me with so much want. Stop playing hard to get and agree to be my girlfriend already." He said, leaning his face closer to her. 

I saw her visibly gulp before moving her head to the side, trying not to look at him. He was trying to use compulsion on her I realized.

 I saw him slowly move his hand up under her chin, pulling her face back to look directly at him.

"Be my girlfriend, Megan." He said in a calmer voice, almost hypnotic. 

I watched as Megan's eyes seemed to glaze over, like she was in a kind of trance.

"I wi-"

Without any further thought I quickly walked over to them and gripped his arm. Pulling his hand away from Megan. 

I watched her eyes change back to normal, blinking a few times looking confused and startled.

"Will all due respect sir, she said she isn't interested." I growled at him. He looked back at me annoyed that I had interrupted him.

"I didn't realize we had spectators." He said clearing his throat, trying to compose himself. 

I glared at him and looked back over at Megan. She gave me a concerned but grateful look before I focused my attention back on the Headmaster.

"Maybe you should think twice next time before you decide to corner someone unwilingly in the hallways." I retorted back, seeing his eyes harden.

He studied me for a moment longer before sighing and backing away from Megan.

"Indeed, I'll have to be more careful next time so as to not get caught, Ms. Moon." he said sarcastically, before returning his attention back onto Megan. 

"We will talk more about this later Ms. Ryder. Now if you'll excuse me." He abruptly turned around walking back in the direction of the commons. I felt the air lighten just then.

Megan let out a loud sigh before closing her eyes, her tense body visibly relaxed the further away the headmaster went.

"Thank you." She whispered suddenly, opening her eyes to look at me. I gave her a reassuring smile and nodded.

"You're welcome. You looked really uncomfortable so it was only natural I step in and say something."

 She smiled back at me, moving away from the wall standing closer to me. 

"I've been thinking about today a lot." She said studying me.

I stared at her, trying to figure out what part of today she was referring to.

"I've never really been open to sharing things about myself with others, so I'm surprised that I have no problem telling you after just only meeting you." She said looking at me. I noticed her forehead furrow before she continued talking. 

"And for some odd reason... I can't seem to read you either." She admitted, watching her gaze slowly look down from my eyes and to my lips. I shuddered under her stare, making her look back up at me, connecting our eyes.

Megan's POV

I watched her shiver under my gaze. I couldn't help but want to kiss her.

She noticed me looking at her lips, making her slowly bite down on her own. 

I don't know why but I suddenly had this inexplainable pull, beckoning me towards her.

Before I realized what I was doing, I swiftly moved my hand to her face, moving a stray piece of her beautiful brown hair behind her ear. Barely brushed my hand against her skin, making my hand lightly tingle.

She blushed at my action, only making me grin at her. I stared at her for a bit longer before remembering where we were, slowly retreating my hand back to my side. 

"Come on let's get you back so no one gets suspicious as to why you've been gone for so long."

I turned, motioning for her to follow me. 

She came up beside me as we made our way back towards the senior commons. It was silent for a moment before she broke the silence.

"He was trying to use compulsion on you earlier." She said, making me stop in place.

 I looked over at her, seeing her already observing me. I slowly nodded my head confirming what she just said.

"You noticed him using it on me today too in his office." She started walking again, I didn't say anything and just continued watching her.

"Does he... does he use it on you a lot?" She paused, looking like she was trying her best to not over step any boundaries.

 I felt myself tense up at her question; This girl was quick at putting two and two together.

"Unfortunately." I responded back. Her expression instantly hardening, confirming her suspicions.

 By then we had made it back to the front doors of the commons. You could hear loud chattering coming from the other side.

"Megan..." She trailed off, almost seeming unsure of what she was about to say. "I'm worried about you, what if I didn't show up when I did." I could feel my lip twitch at her comment.

"What matters is that you did show up when you did." I said seeing the frown appear on her face.

"Maybe this time, bu-" I cut her off.

"I appreciate your concern, but frankly I am your teacher and It's still none of your business."

 It came out harsher than I intended it too. I could tell that I had upset her when she lowered her head and stopped looking at me.

 I watched her grab the handle to the door before she whispered "you're right."  disappearing into the room full of crowded students.

 Man, what was I doing? You really messed up just now, didn't you Megan?

I sighed, feeling frustrated with the events that just took place.

 But I couldn't lie to myself, I knew I was feeling some sort of way with my student. So, the best thing I could do was to put some distance between the both of us. 

Anonymous POV

I silently watched as Ms. Ryder's hand went up to the girl's face, brushing loose strands of hair behind her face.

I felt my anger boil with jealousy, before I swiftly turned back around and into the shadows.

"Just you wait." I whispered to myself. Things would be changing around here very soon.

Yikes... Poor Ellie, she was just trying to help. Why does everything have to be so complicated? Hopefully Megan will open up more soon and not be so quick to close people out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 5.7K 31
Logan is a 17 year old who just started her senior year with her best friend Camren. The teachers see Logan as a class clown and trouble maker, the b...
1.1K 68 19
Emily thinks she is an average teenager but she is unaware of the fact that she belongs to a rare bloodline of midnights; the most powerful wizards o...
8.8K 365 18
Nikki's school life was very bland and military-like until the new art teacher came to bring it color and creativity... To spice things up. After all...
38.6K 1.4K 13
Clair is a beautiful smart and athletic girl. She live by herself and has a terrible pass. She is a vampire and something about her life is about to...