When I Rule The World (Tbhk x...

By Capnolie

I was a normal Mokke who one day got captured by Teru to be his little sister's pet. She tossed me around li... More

A new Flyer
You little Rascals! (Chapter 1)
FORCE WILL BE USED! (Chapter 2)
A Good Human Excuse (Chapter 3)
Mission Failed Successfully (Chapter 4)
Awkward Encounters (Chapter 5)
Seduction 101 (Chapter 6)
Quick To Snatch And Quicker To Catch (Chapter 7)
Yashiro the Denji kin (Chapter 8)
Calm Before The- OH SHIT!! (Chapter 9)
While I Was Suffering (Chapter 10)
Cold Sweat (Chapter 11)
EVERYTHING IS UNDER MY CONTROL (Chapter 12)
A Matter Of Trust? (Chapter 13)
Your Missteps Are Catching Up (Chapter 14)
Electricity In The Air (Chapter 15)
An Untimely End? (Chapter 16)
Everyone Kneel! (Chapter 17)
Light Out (Chapter 18)
Some Little Snitch (Chapter 19)
Free From My Collar (Chapter 20)
Porcelain Throne (Chapter 21)
It Broke So Easily (Chapter 22)
Mint's Other Side (Chapter 23)
Dirty Little Traitor (Chapter 24)
Is this fine? (Chapter 25)
We Found Bubble! (Chapter 26)
More Than Just A Monster (Chapter 27)
Who Would Save Me? (Chapter 28)
BACK IN HELL (Chapter 29)
Little Devil! (Chapter 30)
Bullying (Chapter 31)
Good Old Therapy (Chapter 32)
High And Mighty (Chapter 33)
Celebration On Dooms Day (Chapter 34)
Push or Pull?! (Chapter 35)
A Strange Help (Chapter 36)
My Blessing Was Your Curse (Chapter 37)
A Note from Author san
What She Is About (Chapter 38)
Firefly (Chapter 39)
Judgment Is Pending (Chapter 41)
Author San Is Ill
Look At Me Hanako (Chapter 42)
A Devil In The Angel's Eye (Chapter 43)
A Week Full Of Paranoia (Chapter 44)
I Rule The World (Chapter 45)
A Torn Flyer
Murmurs In The Background

Your Part Of The Promise (Chapter 40)

174 17 51
By Capnolie

"You, have, the journal?"
I state emphasizing each word.

"Yep, did you think I'm completely clueless as to what my brother is up to? I kinda just assumed Mint was working for Minka and that this all probably was just because Teru is an actual idiot."
He says as if he is proud of his accomplishment while standing up from his seat. From how he sounded it was likely he hadn't read the contents of the journal.

"I-I never doubted you!"
I answer putting my hand around his shoulder and he just gives me that stare which reads 'You totally did, didn't you'

"But why didn't Teru bring the journal with him?"
I wonder out loud and Kou is quick to answer me.

"He was never planning on giving it back but he was cleverly pressured into it when Minka said she'll give the weapons to you because you've already gone to bring it back."

"Woah, that's some grade-A improvisation from her. Well then let's go collect these weapons. And keep your word, alright?"
I said before letting go of him.

"I will, don't let me down either."
He replied placing his hand on my shoulder for a moment.

My eyes widened, he wasn't going to force me to be better instead he was just expecting it. Having him believe in me like this somehow made me want to prove myself.

"I won't make the same mistake twice!"
I held out my hand with a grin, perhaps some humans were respectable.

With a determined smile, he took my hand and shook it firmly.

We turned to the room where the final boss was waiting, ready for anything.

With a creek the door fell open by itself, inviting us in.

"Who would have thought, the little exorcist was up to this."
Her voice echoed through the place as she sat at her desk writing with a feather on some paper.

"You even brought company, oh this will make a lovely look on that blond weasel."
She added as she turned to look at us. I almost choked trying to suppress my laughter but Kou spared it no comment.

"Where is my staff?"
Kou asked firmly.

"Right here, but first flip through my journal. I want to make sure no page has been removed."
She replied her tone lacking in friendliness.

Kou did as he was told, slipping the small diary out of his pants pockets.
He flips it open turning it towards her and flutters through the pages.

"Good, at least he didn't tear any out, one can never tell with that guy."
She says with a relieved sigh and takes the bundle from her desk before throwing it over to us.

It clattered as it landed in front of my feet and Kou threw the book towards her which she caught with ease.

I attempted to pick the bundle up but was baffled when it didn't budge.

"What the heck?!"
I grumble as I continue to tug at it but it was too heavy. How did Mint carry these as a Mokke? Was he secretly buff all along?!

The boy beside me giggled at my attempts before finally deciding to help me out.

"Unwrap it, will you."
He instructed and I did as I was told. I undid the knots and pulled off the fabric to reveal a golden staff and the dangerously sharp yet beautiful Katana.

Kou's eyes sparked up as he saw his weapon, immediately he snatched it and wrapped his arms around it in a big hug.

"Oh, how I missed you!"
He speaks seemingly forgetting about everything around him.

"Get a room!"
I comment somewhat cringing at his behaviour.

"Hey!"
He snaps back jokingly meanwhile I attempt to pick up the shiny sword, which could lend me ALL THE POWER IN THE WORLLDDDDDD!!!!!

Clinkkkkkk!

The noise shattered through the room as I had slightly managed to lift it from the ground but was pulled down with it immediately after.

"You are so fricking weak!"
Kou laughs while pointing at me and so did Minka.

"You guys are awful!!"
I grumble as I attempt it again I was successful but this was nowhere near convenient.

I put it back in the cloth, wrapping the blade but leaving the handle free so I could pull the Katana out any moment.

Then taking the white ties I wrap them around the cloth and then my shoulders as a makeshift backpack.

I sighed in relief, this was bearable.

"How does he carry this around?"
I ask, hoping there is some trick to it instead of him just being that strong.

"I honestly don't know either, which also is why I need your help. I can't carry both of these back home by myself."
Kou explains, leaving me frozen. Did he think this through at all? Wait that's the wrong question, does he think at all?

"I'm supposed to carry this thing till your home?! Where your pissed-off brother will be just waiting to stab me!"
I retaliated, this plan was flawed from head to toe.

"Don't worry, obviously I'll talk with him before we give it back."
He reassures, getting ready to head out.

"That's optimistic, what if it doesn't work?"
As on cue after I spoke the door was pushed open once again.

The air around me felt like it was filling with static keeping each hair on my body on edge.

The sudden pounding of my heart echoed in my ears.

There he was, out of breath as he held onto the door frame beside him.
"It never crossed my mind that you would go behind my back like this, Kou."

He spoke up in a low and stern tone keeping his head down which cast a shadow on his face.

Slowly he looked up, his hand against the frame balling into a fist.

Electric blue eyes focused on me, a deep frown on the Exorcist's face as I broke out in a nervous sweat.

"I'm just doing what's right! What were you thinking stealing her stuff?"
My head snapped over to Kou in an attempt to shut him up with my glare, he was pouring gasoline in a fire.

I could feel the exact moment the string of self-control in Teru snapped, the static around me tensing.

I released the breath I was holding as his icy glare switched to his brother.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WAS IN THAT BOOK?!"
He yelled out now approaching the young blond with quick threatening steps.
I gulped carefully scanning my surroundings for escape only to notice someone had long taken the chance.

"NO! BUT MAYBE I WOULD HAVE IF YOU WOULD EVER TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE UP TO!"
Kou yelled back as I slowly approached Minka's seat which now stood empty. On her desk was a half-full pink colored glass bottle which I was sure wasn't there before. It was now starting to be covered in the coloured wax of the candles that still burned.

Was this her way of helping me? Or was there no particular reason she left it there?

"I DON'T TELL YOU BECAUSE SHIT LIKE THIS ENDS UP HAPPENING!"
The taller blond retaliated in a crushing tone as he pointed toward me, who now was holding the suspicious bottle.

I pressed it against my lips, hesitating for a moment when I saw Kou.
His eyes were wide, he didn't say another word though it looked like he wanted to. He bit his teeth together as water welled up under his lashes.

"Don't you dare!"
Teru warned me and then added on.
"See what you did, wasn't it obvious she would take them run!"

"She wouldn't have done it! You wouldn't, you promised."
The younger blond said while looking at me with a pleading look.

Staying here was suicide, he understood that, right?
He didn't have that Monster under control, I couldn't give this back until he did.

"I'll return this when you keep your part of the deal!"
Was the last thing I mumbled before gulping down the unknown liquid which I assumed Minka used to slip away undetected.
It burned like a mouthwash as it travelled down my throat, the feeling spread through my vanes up into my bones.

"....you better!"
He replied now in tears that everything didn't work out. He was disappointed that much was clear but he didn't resent my choice either.

Everything once again was about to change but for some reason all I wanted was to stay here with him, sitting at a table under the warm light, chatting the night away.

Forgetting about each thing that haunted me.

But instead, I was falling to my knees from the cold sensation in my body. I looked at my hand wondering what had happened but nothing had changed.

What did that potion even do?
I worried as I looked at them confused and they looked back at me just as puzzled.

I inspect the bottle noticing a little sticker on the bottom, 'lasts for two minutes'.

Well damn, one minute was over already and Teru didn't waste another second as he rushed towards me, attempting to grab and pick me up by my collar. Kou followed behind him trying to hold him back.

However, I didn't move as his hand passed through me as if he were just a normal human.

A look of irritation appeared on the taller boy's face as he tried grabbing me again but to no avail.

Realization could be seen on all our faces as I stood up and turned to Kou, using the seconds I had left I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed tight.

My hands passed through him as I held onto air.

It felt like nothing, like mist, insignificant and might as well not be there but this moment meant something to me and perhaps it did to him too.

He didn't move, surprised by my actions before hastily hugging back.  

I could feel warmth spread on my cheeks as his hands reached through me, he would have held me close, in a warm tight hug and that thought alone comforted me.

Even if I still felt cold.

Feeling a little better I gave him one last smile before rushing out of the room.

Running, stumbling, staggering as far as my legs could carry me.
I had the weapon, I had the power, I had everything I needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 355 29
You are one of Nene Yashiro's friends. After helping Yashiro summon one of the Seven Wonders, your life spirals out of control. Fighting apparitions...
418 18 6
Exactly as the title says. I'll have (probably) Unrelated chapters here, AUs, after school Hanako-Kun + you. Things like that!
24.3K 731 35
. . . "Hanako, Hanako, Hanako, are you there?" . . "I'm here." "NENE, DUCK, THERE'S A PERVERT IN THE BATHROOM!" . . damn, he's a cute pervert though...
4.2K 194 24
(Slow updated I am so sorry, I'm really trying, I promise just please understand) "Hey, have you heard about the Theater Demon? Huh? You haven't? The...