Hidden Titles

By Aeroh_luck

Ellie Moon is the prodigy child of the world's most renowned detectives. She has helped crack supernatural c... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 3

33 6 0
By Aeroh_luck

Ms. Ryder's POV

"Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you."

I raised my eyebrow, curious as to what she was going to say.

"Is that right?" I asked, squinting my eyes at her. I could tell that she was up to something.

She slowly nodded her head, continuing to stare at me. She looked as if she was trying to piece something together, but I wasn't sure what it was. This girl was a mystery.

"I will gradually tell you about my powers... if, and only if, you tell me more about yourself and your powers. Other than you being able to turn invisible of course."

Interesting I thought. 

Pausing for a moment wondering if this would be a good idea. 

I never willingly talked about myself with other people. Let alone I never imagined that I would be contemplating having this kind of conversation with one of my students that I just barely met.

Then again, for some strange reason I also felt like I could trust her too. I took a moment before slowly nodding my head.

"That seems to be a fair trade." Oh, what the heck, why not? I doubt this could go anywhere anyways. I'll humor her.

Her eyes widened, seeming surprised at how easily I agreed to her suggestion. And to be honest, I was surprised with myself too.

"Okay well in that case, what's your first name?" 

Now this caught me off guard. Out of all of the possible questions she could ask me, she settled on asking me what my name is.

"Megan..." I hesitated. Instantly watching as a big smile spread on her face, showing her perfectly straight white teeth. I felt my stomach do a flip as I stared at her. Was this actually okay for me to agree to something like this? No definitely not.

It didn't help that I was super curious about her, or the fact that I found her to be extremely attractive.

"That's a pretty name." she suddenly said. I felt myself blush and ushered in a small thanks.

"Okay your turn, tell me more about your powers." I quickly said, trying to regain some of my composure back.

Plus, if it wasn't already obvious just how eager I was to know more about her. She giggled at me before she started to smile again, making me feel like I couldn't fully breathe.

"Well, my favorite color is purple. " I heard her say. I looked at her dumbfounded, questioning if she was messing with me.

"That's not-" 

Wait. 

Her mouth didn't even move. My eyes widened in realization. Can she?

"That's right. Telepathy is one." She smirked at my shocked expression; I was not expecting this.

"Wow." was all that I could say. Clearly being impressed by her.

"Alright one more question and then you should probably get going to your next class." I said, causing her to slowly nod her head.

"Okay, my next question... Just who exactly are you?" She questioned, seeming suspicious about something.

This threw me off completely. What did she mean by that? I must not have answered in a while because she spoke again.

"I'm asking because the energy that I first felt coming past the gates belongs to you right?"

Ellie Moon's POV

She tensed the second those words left my mouth.

"I- I how did you..." She trailed off stunned by my comment.

"Well, I guess that's another one of my powers, is being able to feel and see energy." I admitted. Surprised at how willing I was to share all of this information with her. Why was I so comfortable telling her these things anyways? I just barely met the woman today for crying out loud. I must be going crazy.

She slowly nodded as if she couldn't believe anything that I just told her. I don't know why I felt safe telling her these things, but I did. She regarded me for another moment before she spoke.

"That is... probably a conversation for another time." she said in a low voice, her gaze seeming like she was suddenly in a faraway place.

I nodded in understanding, realizing I should probably start heading to my next class anyways.

"Okay. That makes sense, see you later Megan." I smirked, noticing the small blush forming on her cheeks again.

How interesting.

"Right. Bye Ellie." She stared at me dumbfounded as I walked out of her classroom and towards my next period.

I made my way down the hall and to one of the stairways that lead me to the 3rd floor of the school. Just as I rounded a corner, I bumped into someone. Hearing them yelp as they dropped their papers all over the floor.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" I quickly scrambled as I helped them pick up the fallen papers on the ground. I heard a quiet giggle before I noticed a girl on the floor picking up the papers with me. She had long brown hair with dark chocolate eyes.

"No worries, I should have watched where I was going." She laughed, just as she finished picking up the last paper. She stood up and turned to me. I noticed her eyes looking down and slowly back up my body. 

No way... was she checking me out?

As I cleared my throat; I watched as her eyes quickly flickered back up to mine.

"I'm Ellie Moon, it's a pleasure..."

"F-Freya Raie" She choked out, realizing I had caught her checking me out.

"Raie.. As in Ms. Raie?"

She slowly nodded her head. This whole thing becoming much more awkward, not that I minded an older woman's attention on me. If anything, I was pretty used to it.

"Well, it looks like my next two classes are with you." I smiled, handing her the rest of the fallen papers.

"Thanks." She blushed, starting to walk ahead in front of me.

"Ekkk Ellie!!" I suddenly jumped, hearing someone screaming my name. Turning around to see who was yelling at me only to see Liz run down the hallway towards me, motioning her hands up in the air like a crazy person.

I laughed at her just as she came up and hugged me. "DUDE, I HEARD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR FIRST PERIOD." She screamed. "LITERALLY EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT." I raised an eyebrow at her, looking around and noticing people in the hall where staring at us, Ms. Raie no longer in front of me. I grinned and waved at some of the spectators.

"Oh really?" I asked, turning my attention back to her.

"YEAH!! AND I HEARD THAT YOUR TEACHER IS FREAKING HOT!" 

This had a few people laughing at her comment. I chuckled alongside them and grabbed her hand, dragging her off into the direction to our next class together.

"Well, you aren't wrong there." I said to her using telepathy. Her eyes widened for a moment before she started up again.

"I heard ALL about how you weren't intimidated at all when she called on you. And how you were the only one in the class who passed her test! That's insane babes! Then again I wouldn't expect anything less from you." She rambled on through my telepathy.

Man, news really travels fast around here, it hasn't even been 10 minutes since first period ended. 

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, everyone here had unique powers of their own too. 

Maybe some had the gift of not being able to keep their mouths shut. Then again, a lot of people already struggled with that problem. 

I rolled my eyes at the thought. It just shows how much more careful I needed to be going forward.

"Yeah, and that's not the only interesting thing that's happened today." I admitted, watching Liz just about burst in anticipation. 

" Tell me." She said, regarding me with a curious look. I could tell that she was eating this up.

"I also happened to run into our teacher Ms. Raie and it was pretty obvious that she was shamelessly checked me out."

"WHAT?!"

She yelled, causing more people to look our way. 

I laughed at her just as we walked into Ms. Raie's classroom. 

She was sitting at her desk already watching us as we walked in. 

I smirked at her, watching her face turn crimson as we went and found two empty desks to sit at.

"She definitely has the hots for you El." Liz said staring at Ms. Raie. "You should totally try to get with her. I know that I would if I was you, she is smoking." I laughed at her comment and proceeded to wait for the bell to ring.

"Nah it's okay. I'm not really interested in her." I said to my best friend. She gave me an 'your actually blind' look before staring back up at our teacher.

(Just so there is no confusion. Whenever a sentence is in italics it's because Ellie is talking to someone using telepathy. The person she is talking to can also communicate with Ellie whenever she is using her power. But only if Ellie lets them.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

782K 19.6K 31
Lacey Harding is a young teacher with a troubled past, she never had it easy as a teenager and put herself through college to get her to the place wh...
325 51 54
Jess and her brother Cameron are taken into slavery after being forced to watch as their parents were murdered in South Africa and forced to fight. J...
13.2K 174 22
'Somewhere on our way to class, she held my hand, my cold hand to be more precise. A moment I compared to 'Fire meets Ice' kind of thing, forming ste...
1.9K 442 73
Luna Ellie a freshman to garden high school, landed from her hometown for studies. She was happy to have great friends from day one but everything ch...