Plasmasonic: Mana Gloriae

By DraySpace

When you're the daughter of a vampire and an elf, adventure is non-negotiable. It's certain that regarding th... More

Plasmasonic#1: Forget me not
Plasmasonic#2: Records
Plasmasonic#3: Determinations
Plasmasonic#4: Imbroglio
Plasmasonic#5: Convulsions
Plasmasonic#6: Bestiary
Plasmasonic#7: Rallying
Plasmasonic#8: Wild card
Plasmasonic#9: Siege
Plasmasonic#11: Transfigure
Plasmasonic: Mana Gloriae Gallery

Plasmasonic#10: Thole

127 10 0
By DraySpace

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

AS TO̅MI ARRIVES ON THE THIRD STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY SHE ENCOUNTERS LETICIA WHO STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM PATIENTLY WAITING WITH HER HANDS RESTING ON HER MACE.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH AN EXAMINING EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
Is she going to just stand there? I remember last time she was more than happy to try and ambush me. I wonder what her game plan will be this time around.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI AND LETICIA GLANCE AT ONE ANOTHER AND LOCK IN ON ONE ANOTHER.

Panel 4.

SPLIT PANEL OF LETICIA GLARING AT TO̅MI WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION WHILE TO̅MI SMIRKS WITH A DETERMINED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Maybe I should say something, try and throw her off.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The others had made moves by now. I wonder what you could be planning.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
...You've gone as far as you can go. If you don't give up, I can't be held liable for what happens to you next.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI CONTINUES TO SMIRK AT LETICIA WITH A MISCHIEVOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What would that be?

Panel 6.

LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN EXASPERATED AND IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Defeating you and handing you over to Mirabelle. What else?  

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION. LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH DISDAIN.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Would it be too much to ask you to allow me to pass? You don't even seem like you want the confrontation.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
It would be more trouble than it's worth. I wish that you would just give it up.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I can't do that.

Panel 2.

LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN INCREDULOUS EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Oh, would you listen to yourself? You absolutely can. How warranted is your cause anyway? Freedom; it's laughable. Think of what Mirabelle has provided. What she keeps us safe from and you would seek to ruin that for what even?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'm not trying to ruin anything. If anything I want to leave with my friend and with anyone else who wants to leave.

Panel 3.

LETICIA GESTURES TO THE MORNING GLORY AS WELL TO ALL OF VALLARONA WITH AN EXPLAINITORY EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
This place exists in a very intricate state. Have you ever stopped to consider that? It takes a lot to keep it running in the proper order. Asking Mirabelle to bring it all to a halt after all this time would endanger us all but you don't care about that, do you? As long as your needs are met your cause is just.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
And you mean to tell me there's to be no compromise? Surely by now, there's some solution she could have come up with. There has to be something that she can do! You wouldn't know that though because you're willing to fall on Mirabelle's word without question. You're like a robot.

Panel 4.

LETICIA POINTS AT TO̅MI WITH AN ENRAGED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH A DETERMINED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
...You do not get to say that! You have no idea what those people put us through. If it weren't for Mirabelle, who knows what would have happened? Some duties need to be fulfilled and that's just the way things are. It's better at times not to ask questions and accomplish the task.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I need you to think outside the box for more than a few seconds here. I know there has to be a solution!

Panel 5.

SPLIT PANEL OF LETICIA LOOKING AT TO̅MI WITH DISDAIN. TO̅MI DEVELOPS AN ASHAMED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Do you mean like your solution to liberate the Paragons? How well did that go for you?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It wasn't my finest moment but it worked out in the end.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Oh, did it really? The Paragons, who believe they're morally superior, remind me a lot of those wretched cultists Mirabelle once drove out. What if Mirabelle let the barrier down and wasn't able to restore it? How many enemies would we encounter?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
There hasn't even been an attempt at a solution. I seek an audience with her to at least ask her to try.

Panel 6.

LETICIA CHUCKLES WITH A PATRONIZING EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What's so funny?

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
You have an optimistic enough attitude. It's a shame it will be dashed against the reality I deliver.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Really and what reality is that?

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
It's a reality of action, not words.  

PAGE 3 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

LETICIA PICKS UP HER MACE AND POINTS IT AT TO̅MI.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
I can't make you see reason so I must make you submit.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI GUARDS HERSELF WITH HER RACKET.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's not going to happen! I know there's something to be done!

Panel 3.

LETICIA DARTS AT TO̅MI, SWINGS HER MACE AND TO̅MI DODGES THE ATTACK.

Panel 4.

LETICIA'S MACE HITS THE GROUND CREATING A CRATER THAT LAUNCHES DEBRIS INTO THE AIR.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI BLOCKS AS LETICIA SPINS AND ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK WITH HER MACE.

PAGE 4 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI IS PUSHED BACK THROUGH THE AIR AND LANDS FEET-FIRST AGAINST A WALL IN THE ROOM.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI PUSHES OFF THE WALL FLYING AT LETICIA PREPARING FOR AN ATTACK.

Panel 3.

LETICIA STRIKES THE GROUND CREATING SPIKE FORMATIONS THAT GUARD HER.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LANDS ON THE FACE OF ONE OF THE ROCK SPIKES.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI FRONT FLIPS OVER THE ROCK SPIKES BEFORE LETICIA STRIKES THEM CAUSING SHRAPNEL-LIKE SPIKES TO BE LODGED INTO THE CEILING.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI LANDS ON THE FLOOR BEHIND LETICIA AND AIMS HER HAND AT HER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Lairhdlailr!

PAGE 5 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI SHOOTS A STREAM OF LIGHTNING AT LETICIA WHICH STRIKES HER AND SEEMS TO STUN HER.

Panel 2.

HOWEVER AS TO̅MI BEGINS HER NEXT ATTACK, LETICIA GRABS TO̅MI AND THROWS HER AGAINST THE FLOOR.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI HITS THE GROUND WITH SUCH FORCE THAT SHE BOUNCES UP AGAINST IT.

Panel 4.

LETICIA ATTEMPTS TO BLUDGEON TO̅MI WITH HER MACE HOWEVER TO̅MI DODGES THE ATTACK

Panel 5.

TO̅MI STRIKES LETICIA IN THE CHEST WITH HER RACKET.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI STANDS ACROSS FROM LETICIA. TO̅MI HOLDS HER RACKET IN FRONT OF HERSELF WITH A SLIGHTLY STRAINED EXPRESSION. LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION AS SHE HOLDS HER MACE IN A FIGHTING STANCE.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
She's tougher than I would have ever thought. Lairhdlailr did nothing to her and I could run out of energy if I ran around augmenting my attacks. I need to come up with a new plan and fast.

PAGE 6 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. EDGE OF TOWN - NIGHT

THE OGRE BEGINS TRAVERSING THROUGH TOWN TOWARD THE MORNING GLORY.

Panel 2.

THE OGRE ENCOUNTERS A GROUP OF IBEX WHO AGGRESSIVELY GESTURE TOWARD HIM WITH THEIR HORNS.

Panel 3.

THE OGRE ROARS AT THE GROUP OF IBEX WHO BEGIN TO CHARGE AT HIM.

Panel 4.

THE OGRE PUNCHES IBEX NO. 1 IN THE FACE KNOCKING IT TO THE GROUND.

Panel 5.

IBEX NO. 2 RAMS INTO THE OGRE'S KNEE WITH ITS HORNS CAUSING HIM TO BUCKLE.

Panel 6.

THE OGRE SWATS IBEX NO. 2 AWAY WHILE TAKING A KNEE.

PAGE 7 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE OGRE THROWS IBEX NO. 3 INTO THE SIDE OF A BUILDING.

Panel 2.

THE OGRE THROWS IBEX NO. 4 AT IBEX NO. 5.

Panel 3.

THE OGRE LOOKS ON THE ROOF OF A BUILDING AND SEES SASHA YELLING AT HIM.

SASHA: (YELLING BALLOON)
Hey!

Panel 4.

THE OGRE GROWLS AND GLARES AT SASHA AND SASHA BECKONS HIM TO FOLLOW HER.

SASHA: (YELLING BALLOON)
That's not why you're here! The castle is that way, you big dumb ugly brute! We're going this way!

Panel 5.

THE OGRE ROARS IN ANGER WHILE GRABBING A HAYBALE CART AND THROWING IT AT SASHA.

SASHA: (THINKING BALLOON)
Well, at least I know for sure that I got his attention.

PAGE 8 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

SASHA DODGES THE HAYBALE CART.

Panel 2.

SASHA LOOKS IN TERROR AS THE OGRE BEGINS CHASING AFTER HER.

SASHA: (THINKING BALLOON)
Uh-oh, that might have worked a little too well!

Panel 3.

SASHA BEGINS TO RUN TOWARD THE MORNING GLORY

Panel 4.

THE OGRE SCALES A BUILDING TO GET ONTO THE ROOF TO CONTINUE HIS PURSUIT.

Panel 5.

SASHA RUNS TOWARD THE MORNING GLORY AND THE OGRE CHASES AFTER HER.

PAGE 9 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THIRD STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

LETICIA DARTS AT TO̅MI.

Panel 2.

LETICIA SWINGS HER MACE THREE TIMES AND TO̅MI EVADES HER ATTACKS.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI KICKS LETICIA IN HER SHIN AS SHE WINDS UP FOR HER NEXT ATTACK KNOCKING HER OFF BALANCE

Panel 4.

TO̅MI PERFORMS AN ARCHING VAULT KICK TO LETICIA'S STOMACH.

Panel 5.

AS TO̅MI BEGINS TO ATTACK AGAIN LECITIA PLANTS HER MACE ON THE FLOOR IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION BLOCKING TO̅MI'S RACKET.

Panel 6.

LETICIA PUNCHES TO̅MI IN THE STOMACH WITH HER RIGHT HAND.

PAGE 10 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

LETICIA SPINS AND NEARLY HITS TO̅MI IN THE FACE WITH HER MACE.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI DUCKS UNDER LETICIA'S MACE AVOIDING THE ATTACK.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI ATTEMPTS TO STRIKE LETICIA WHILE SHE'S STILL UNFIXED FROM LAUNCHING HER LAST ATTACK.

Panel 4.

LETICIA TAKES HER LEFTHAND OFF HER MACE TO BACKHAND TO̅MI IN THE JAW.

Panel 5.

LETICIA HITS TO̅MI IN THE THIGH WITH HER MACE.

Panel 6.

LETICIA HITS TO̅MI IN HER LATERAL SIDE WITH HER MACE.

PAGE 11 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI FLIES BACK CRASHING INTO A WALL IN THE ROOM.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI SLUMPS TO THE FLOOR WITH A PAINED EXPRESSION AND HOLDS HER SIDE.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI LOOKS UP WITH A STARTLED EXPRESSION AS LETICIA STANDS OVER HER READY TO STRIKE AGAIN WITH HER MACE.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI RAISES HER RIGHT HAND INTO THE AIR.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Sellariesnailr!

Panel 5.

A REINFORCED BARRIER IS GENERATED ABOVE TO̅MI AS LETICIA ATTACKS WHICH BLOCKS THE MACE.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
You have to have known that your actions would have consequences!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI DODGES ROLLS FROM OUT UNDER THE REINFORCED BARRIER AS LETICIA STRIKES IT AGAIN DESTROYING IT.

PAGE 12 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

LETICIA PIVOTS TO HER LEFT, STRIKES THE GROUND, AND CREATES A ROCK SPIKE THAT LAUNCHES TO̅MI INTO THE AIR.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
You just need to accept that some things won't be.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LOOKS BEHIND HERSELF IN THE AIR AND SEES THAT LETICIA HAS JUMPED OVER HER IN THE AIR.

Panel 3.

LETICIA STRIKES TO̅MI OVER THE BACK WITH HER MACE.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI IS SENT CRASHING DOWN TO THE FLOOR SO HARD THAT THERE'S AN INDIENTATION FORMED.

Panel 5.

LETICIA LANDS ON THE GROUND A COUPLE OF FEET IN FRONT OF TO̅MI.

Panel 6.

LETICIA BEGINS TO WALK OVER TO WHERE TO̅MI IS.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
If it's any consolation, I'm sure that you'll learn to like living here.

PAGE 13 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI STAGGERS TO HER FEET AND LETICIA DEVELOPS A SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No, I think I'll pass.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
You shouldn't be able to stand after a hit like that. You should have trouble breathing.

Panel 2.

LETICIA SEES THAT TO̅MI'S INJURIES ARE BEGINNING TO HEAL ON THEIR OWN. TO̅MI ALSO DISMISSES HER RACKET.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
How is something like that possible? We don't even heal that fast.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I didn't think that I would have to use this but you're really strong. I do want you to know, however, that this is nothing personal, just a clash of ideals.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI GLANCES BACK AT LETICIA WITH HER RED PUPILS AND LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A DREADFUL EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Oh, I see. You're a vampire. Were you trying to win with a handicap?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Half vampire to be exact. Also don't shortsale yourself. You're really strong.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI SUMMONS HER LANTER SHIELD ONTO HER RIGHT ARM AND LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
What?!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I can't stick around here all day. So, if I've got to get more serious then that's what I'm gonna have to do.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Don't think a new weapon will yield new results!

Panel 5.

LETICIA SPRINTS AT TO̅MI, SWINGS HER MACE, AND TO̅MI BLOCKS WITH HER LANTERN SHIELD.

Panel 6.

LETICIA'S ATTACK PUSHES TO̅MI INTO THE AIR.  

PAGE 14 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

LETICIA STRIKES THE GROUND CAUSING SPIKES TO ERUPT FROM IT.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI CHANNELS ENERGY INTO HER LANTERN SHIELD AND THROWS AN ENERGY WAVE AT THE SPIKES DESTROYING THEM.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI FLIES TOWARD LETICIA.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Come on!

Panel 4.

LETICIA AND TO̅MI CLASH AGAINST ONE ANOTHER.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI RELENTS IN THE STRUGGLE AND LETICIA LURCHES FORWARD.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI PUNCHES LETICIA IN THE FACE WITH HER LEFT HAND.

PAGE 15 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI STEPS OVER LETICIA'S WIELDING ARM AND KICKS LETICIA KICKS LETICIA IN THE STOMACH.

Panel 2.

LETICIA TUMBLES BACK ACROSS THE GROUND AND DIGS HER MACE INTO THE FLOOR TO SLOW HERSELF DOWN.

Panel 3.

LETICIA BLOCKS WITH HER MACE AS TO̅MI SENDS ANOTHER ENERGY WAVE AT HER.

Panel 4.

LETICIA DEFLECTS THE ENERGY WAVE INTO THE CEILING.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI FLIES TOWARD LETICIA AGAIN AND LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI STOPS LETICIA FROM CREATING ANOTHER ROCK SPIKE BY BLOCKING THE GROUND AS LETICIA ATTEMPTS TO STRIKE IT USING HER LANTERN SHIELD.

PAGE 16 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI UPPERCUTS LETICIA WITH HER LEFT FIST.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI SLASHES LETICIA UNDER HER LOWER ABDOMEN.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI SLASHES LETICIA IN QUICK SUCCESSION ACROSS HER ARM AND HER LEFT LEG.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI SWING HER LANTERN SHIELD FIRING ANOTHER ENERGY WAVE AT LETICIA.

Panel 5.

THE ENERGY WAVE HITS LETICIA IN THE STOMACH AND FORCEFULLY CARRIES HER TO THE CEILING.

Panel 6.

LETICIA CRASHES INTO THE CEILING HITTING IT SO HARD THAT THERE'S AN INDENTATION.

PAGE 17 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

LETICIA DROPS HER MACE AS SHE FALLS TO THE FLOOR.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI APPROACHES LETICIA WITH CAUTION BUT KNEELS DOWN BESIDE HER.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI IS SURPRISED WHEN LETICIA GRABS HER LEG. LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A PAINED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
You... you can't do this!

Panel 4.

TO̅MI MAKES LETICIA LET GO OF HER WITH A DETERMINED EXPRESSION.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI TOUCHES LETICIA ON HER SIDE AND BANDS OF LIGHT ARE GENERATED AROUND LETICIA THAT KEEP HER STATIONARY.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'm sorry but I have to. Bulnailr.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI CONTINUES TO THE NEXT FLOOR OF THE MORNING GLORY.

PAGE 18 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

MANUEL KICKS AWAY A TROOPER BY KICKING IT IN THE FACE.

Panel 2.

MANUEL HITS A TROOPER OUT OF THE AIR WITH HIS SPEAR AS IT ATTEMPTS TO AMBUSH HIM.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA HITS A DOLL THAT ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK MANUEL AND MANUEL GIVES HER A THUMBS UP.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Merci!

Panel 4.

DOLL NO. 84 SWOOPS DOWN OUT OF THE AIR AND CRASHES INTO GABRIELLA KNOCKING HER TO THE GROUND..

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Oh, Gabriella!

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Argh!

Panel 5.

MANUEL ATTEMPTS TO RUSH TO GABRIELLA'S AID.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Get away from her!

Panel 6.

SEVERAL OTHER DOLLS RUSH OVER TO MANUEL KNOCKING HIM AWAY FROM THE CONFLICT.

DOLL NO. 47: (BALLOON)
Hey, you need to learn to wait your turn!

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Get off of me you little—!  

PAGE 19 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

DOLL NO. 84 STANDS OVER GABRIELLA WHILE SHE'S ON THE GROUND.

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Gabriella, you've been very naughty. Mirabelle isn't going to be very happy with you!

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Do you think I care about what Mirabelle thinks?

Panel 2.

DOLL NO. 84 LAUGHS AND ITS BODY WRIGGLES IN A CREEPY FASHION. GABRIELLA ATTEMPTS TO GET UP AND GLARES AT DOLL NO. 84 WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Oh, little Gabriella thinks she's a tough girl now huh? You'd be remiss to forget the blubbering mess you were when we seized you from your home that night.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Things are different now!

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Different how little girl? You look like you're on the verge of crying right now. It is a shame that all of this has happened because of someone like you!

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
That's enough!

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA GRABS A SPEAR OFF THE GROUND, SWINGS THE BLADE TIP AT DOLL NO. 84, AND NICKS IT ON THE ARM.

Panel 4.

DOLL NO. 84 PUNCHES GABRIELLA IN THE FACE KNOCKING HER TO THE GROUND.

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Insolent little—!

Panel 5.

DOLL NO. 84 KICKS GABRIELLA IN THE STOMACH AS SHE REACHES FOR THE SPEAR AGAIN.

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
If you had any sense at all you would have ran and hid! What did you think you were going to do out here?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
I'm not scared of you!

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
Even though we both know, you don't have to be. It doesn't change how weak you are. And there's no iconoclast around to save you now!

Panel 6.

GABRIELLA TRIPS DOLL NO. 84'S FEET OUT FROM UNDER IT KNOCKING IT ON ITS BACK WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.  

PAGE 20 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

GABRIELLA RECOVERS THE SPEAR AND STANDS OVER DOLL NO. 84.

DOLL NO. 84: (BALLOON)
So you do have a little bit of fight in you!

Panel 2.

GABRIELLA STABS DOLL NO. 84 IN THE CHEST AND PINS THE SPEAR'S BLADE INTO THE GROUND LOCKING THE DOLL IN PLACE.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA THEN GRABS A LARGE ROCK AND DOLL NO. 84 STRUGGLES AS IT TRIES TO DISLODGE THE SPEAR THAT KEEPS IT IN PLACE.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
No one is ever going to lock me away ever again!

Panel 4.

GABRIELLA DESTROYS DOLL NO. 84 BY SMASHING ITS HEAD WITH THE ROCK.

Panel 5.

GABRIELLA RUSHES TO HELP MANUEL WITH THE DOLLS ATTACKING HIM.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Get away from him!

PAGE 21 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

GABRIELLA AND MANUEL FIGHT OFF THE DOLLS SURROUNDING HIM.

Panel 2.

THERE IS A HUSH OVER THE BATTLE FIELD AS THE ROAR OF THE OGRE IS HEARD BELLOWING THROUGH THE AIR.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT MANUEL WITH A PANICKED EXPRESSION. MANUEL LOOKS IN THE DIRECTION OF WHERE THE ROAR CAME FROM WITH A DREADFUL EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
What is that?

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
It can't be—! The ogre? How did it get in?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
The ogre? There's no way that it can be real, can it?

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
No, it's very real. To̅mi encountered it as she arrived here and she attested that it lived up to the legend. Everyone here is about to be in a lot more danger.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
What are we going to do?

Panel 4.

MANUEL AND GABRIELLA LOOK SURPRISED AS THEY SEE SASHA ARRIVE ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Sasha?

Panel 5.

SASHA STANDS BEFORE MANUEL AND GABRIELLA WITH HER HANDS ON HER KNEES AS SHE TRIES TO CATCH HER BREATH.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Fox, where have you been?

SASHA: (BALLOON)
That's not... important. What is important... is ordering a... tactile retreat! The ogre has breached the barrier... and it's coming straight for the castle.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Well, that's a good thing, right?

SASHA: (BALLOON)
I'm not... entirely sure... yet.

Panel 6.

MANUEL LOOKS AT SASHA WITH A SCRUTINIZING EXPRESSION. SASHA LOOKS AWAY WITH A SINKING EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Please don't tell me you had something to do with this Fox.

SASHA: (BALLOON)
It's the only way this is going to work. Mirabelle is going to have to be pushed to her limits to weaken her fully.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
The ogre—!

SASHA: (BALLOON)
Sebastion!

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Manuel isn't as controllable as you thought though, is he?

SASHA: (BALLOON)
No, he's not.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
There's not even any guarantee that Mirabelle can turn him back!

SASHA: (BALLOON)
Maybe not but his attention is on the castle which is why before it's too late—!

PAGE 22 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE OGRE ARRIVES ON THE BATTLEFIELD MUCH TO THE SURPRISE OF EVERYONE.

Panel 2.

THE OGRE BEGINS TO ATTACK SOME OF THE WYVERNS THAT FLY TOWARD HIM.

Panel 3.

THE OGRE SWATS AWAY THE WYVERNS WITH EASE WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

Panel 4.

THE OGRE LOOKS TO THE PARAGONS WHO LOOK AT THE OGRE WITH DREADFUL EXPRESSIONS.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 20: (BALLOON)
What in the world is that monstrosity?

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 21: (BALLOON)
Keep your wits about you! It could be mindless.

SASHA: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
No, stand down!

Panel 5.

THE PARAGON GRUNTS GLANCE AT SASHA WITH PERPLEXED EXPRESSIONS. SASHA STANDS IN FRONT OF THE PARAGON GRUNTS SIGNALLING THEM TO STAND DOWN.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 20: (BALLOON)
Are you mad? This beast surely won't show us the same mercy.

SASHA: (BALLOON)
Just get back and trust me!

Panel 6.

SASHA STANDS IN FRONT OF THE OGRE THAT IS TAKING A SECOND TO CATCH HIS BREATH. SASHA LOOKS AT THE OGRE WITH A PLEADING EXPRESSION.

SASHA: (BALLOON)
Sebastian, if there's any part of you that's still in there I need you to remember! Remember the Morning Glory. Remember Mirabelle and what she did to us! You have to attack the Morning Glory, it's the only way to change you back!

PAGE 23 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE OGRE GLARES AT THE MORNING GLORY WITH AN ENRAGED EXPRESSION.

Panel 2.

THE OGRE ROARS IN FURY AS HE BEGINS TO CHARGE TOWARD IT.

Panel 3.

THE DOLLS WHO WITNESS THIS BEGIN TO MOVE INTO FORMATION ATTEMPTING TO STOP THE OGRE FROM REACHING THE CASTLE.

DOLL NO. 70: (BALLOON)
Don't let him breach the castle!

Panel 4.

THE OGRE EASILY SMASHES HIS WAY THROUGH THE DOLLS.

Panel 5.

THE OGRE RUNS AT FULL SPEED ARRIVING AT THE SIDE OF THE MORNING GLORY

Panel 6.

THE OGRE ROARS AS HE BEGINS TO CLIMB THE SIDE OF THE MORNING GLORY.

PAGE 24 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY; FOURTH STORY - NIGHT

AS TO̅MI ARRIVES ON THE FOURTH FLOOR SHE FEELS THE CASTLE SHAKE.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
What in the world was that?

Panel 2.

TO̅MI PROGRESSES ONTO THE FOURTH FLOOR AND SOON FINDS DANIELA SITTING IN FRONT OF A MIRROR APPLYING LIPSTICK.

Panel 3.

DANIELA SPOTS TO̅MI IN THE MIRROR AND CHUCKLES.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
So, To̅mi, we meet at last.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I believe your priorities are in the wrong place but all things considered, if you're not willing to fight me, I wouldn't complain either.

Panel 4.

DANIELA LAUGHS AND TO̅MI GLANCES AT HER WITH A PUZZLED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
This is some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I don't know if I'll ever feel this way again.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Gabriella told me that you released her.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
That's true. I wondered after all of this time, if you were going to run away together and be done with it all. I am for one shocked that you showed up here in the first place, I mean who would have thunk it? The first girl to ever leave Vallarona, the iconoclast herself came back for a... friend.

Panel 5.

DANIELA TURNS TO FACE TO̅MI WITH A DEVIOUS EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A PERPLEXED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
So, what is Gabriella to you? A past fling? What do you owe her? Or does she owe you something? Coming back here to stir up some trouble, I mean let's be honest. Were you bored?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
If you must know, Gabriella taught me something the last time I visited that put things into perspective for me. I wanted her to have the same chance to experience what she helped me learn.  

PAGE 25 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

DANIELA PINCHES HER CHIN WITH AN UNIMPRESSED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A SUSPICIOUS EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
That's... interesting, I guess. So, you're going to confront Mirabelle then?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's the plan.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
...While I can't readily admit it to her, I tried to pick up where the Fox left off. She believed that she could convince Mirabelle to lower the barrier just for a day so that she and her brother could escape. They wanted to find their parents. They had so many questions. Nothing but nonsense if you ask me.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I found the files in the orphanage. How could say something like that? You're saying that you don't have any questions at all?

Panel 2.

DANIELA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A RESENTFUL AND DISGUSTED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Locating my parents would be a difficult enough endeavor on its own. However, consider this; what's the real chance any truth divulged could be trusted given the dread-stricken veil had been lifted from their eyes? How much of the truth would be authentic and how much of it would be rhapsodized? What answer could ever make up for your parents handing you over to crazed zealots bent on turning you into living weapons? I realized something far more complex than she could ever hope for.

Panel 3.

DANIELA LOOKS AWAY WITH A PATRONIZING EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A DISPLEASED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
It's in the past and I don't need an answer. What matters is the here and now.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Why try and sabotage it then?

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Because this is a paradise of circumstance. Playing in someone else's sandbox is never as fun as in your own.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
If you ask me I think you're having too much fun. That's not what's important right now though. Will you let me pass?

Panel 4.

DANIELA TAKES A PONDERING STANCE AND LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A SMUG EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Eh, what the hell. You had your chance to leave and you ruined it. I don't believe you have a stake in hell in defeating Mirabelle but you're more than welcome to try.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT DANIELA WITH A SUSPICIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I don't trust her as far as I can throw her. She's not just a snake; she's a whole boa constrictor. Who knows what she could have up her sleeve?

PAGE 26 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI WALKS PAST DANIELA ATTEMPTING TO MOVE ONTO THE NEXT FLOOR.

Panel 2.

DANIELA SNAPS HER FINGERS WITH A DEVIOUS SMIRK AND SUDDENLY A LANCE SHOOTS DOWN FROM THE CEILING.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI BLOCKS THE LANCE USING HER LANTERN SHIELD.

Panel 4.

DANILEA SNAPS HER FINGERS AGAIN AND THE LANCE RETURNS TO HER.

Panel 5.

DANIELA PIVOTS ATTEMPTING TO STRIKE TO̅MI WITH THE LANCE BUT TO̅MI VAULTS OVER THE ATTACK.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI GUARDS HERSELF WITH HER LANTERN SHIELD AS DANIELA SMIRKS AT HER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I knew you were lying, Delilah.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, would you relax, you bronze bombshell? Just enough resistance to put up a good show.

PAGE 27 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

DANIELA STAKES HER LANCE IN THE FLOOR AND PLACES HER LEFT HAND ON HER FOREHEAD IN A DRAMATIC FASHION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, no, the great and powerful Iconoclast has bested me. I have no choice but to yield to your demands.

Panel 2.

DANIELA USHERS TO̅MI FORWARD IN A DRAMATIC FASHION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Go on. I believe you have liberations to deliver.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI, WHILE STILL ON GUARD, LEAVES THE FOURTH FLOOR OF THE MORNING WHILE DANIELA SMIRKS AT HER WITH A SASSY EXPRESSION.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LEAVES THE FOURTH STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY CONTINUING UPWARD.

Panel 5.

ARRIVING IN THE FIFTH STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY, TO̅MI LOOKS OUT ONE OF THE WINDOWS AND SEES THAT THE OGRE IS CLIMBING THE CASTLE TOWARD THE FIFTH STORY. THE OGRE SWATS AWAY THE DOLLS THAT ARE ATTEMPTING TO STOP IT AND TANKING ENERGY BLASTS FIRED FROM MIRABELLE.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
I guess Sasha's plan might have worked a little too well. Or maybe that was her plan all along.

PAGE 28 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI FORCEFULLY OPENS THE DOORS TO MIRABELLE'S CHAMBERS.

Panel 2.

MIRABELLE LOOKS BACK OVER HER SHOULDER AT TO̅MI WITH AN ENRAGED EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
I will deal with you later.

Panel 3.

THE OGRE REACHES THE FIFTH STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY AND PUNCHES HIS WAY INTO MIRABELLE'S ROOM THROUGH THE WALL.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
If you had any sense at all you would have stayed outside of the barrier like the dog you are!

Panel 4.

MIRABELLE SHOOTS MAGICAL FIRE AT THE OGRE.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
I suppose it'll just have to be trial by fire.

Panel 5.

THE OGRE CLAPS HIS HANDS AND PUTS THE FIRE OUT THAT IS AROUND HIM.

PAGE 29 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

AS THE OGRE ATTEMPTS TO PUNCH MIRABELLE SHE EVADES THE ATTACK.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Filthy beast!

Panel 2.

MIRABELLE SUMMONS SATELLITES THAT SHOOT ENERGY BLASTS AT THE OGRE.

Panel 3.

THE ENERGY BEAMS OVERPOWER THE OGRE AND KNOCK HIM OUT OF THE MORNING GLORY.

Panel 4.

THE OGRE PLUMMETS TO THE GROUND OUTSIDE OF THE MORNING GLORY.

Panel 5.

MIRABELLE TURNS HER ATTENTION TO TO̅MI WITH A FURIOUS EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT MIRABELLE WITH AN INDIGNANT EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Look at what you've done.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I wouldn't have had to do it if you would just let Gabriella, myself, and anyone else who wanted their freedom leave.

Panel 6.

MIRABELLE LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A FRUSTRATED EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Why can't any of you see that I'm trying to help you? What's waiting out there for Gabriella that's so great?

PAGE 30 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT MIRABELLE WITH A SYMPATHETIC EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
A life she gets to choose to live, you can't really think keeping her trapped here is a good thing. This utopia was thrust upon her and everyone else here.

Panel 2.

MIRABELLE PINCHES HER FOREHEAD WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI EXTENDS A HAND TOWARD MIRABELLE TRYING TO REACH AN UNDERSTANDING WITH HER.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
A utopia can't exist with an abundance of self-interest, that's why everyone is so discontent!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
A utopia also can't be a cage, Mirabelle. There are tons of people who want to stay here forever. However, some people are ready to move on to different things. Why is it so bad that they get to leave if they want to?

Panel 3.

MIRABELLE THROWS HER HANDS DOWN WITH A FED-UP EXPRESSION

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Because I saved them! Me! Our parents abandoned us! They threw us away like trash! No one knows what those cultist bastards did to us. What they were planning to do and I stopped them! How could anyone turn their backs on me now?

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT MIRABELLE WITH A SYMPATHETIC AND CONFUSED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No one is turning their backs on you. They just want to be their own people.

Panel 5.

MIRABELLE DEVELOPS AN IRRITATED AND PERPLEXED EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
...That's... absurd!

TO̅MI: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Mirabelle, listen to me—!

Panel 6.

MIRABELLE FLOATS IN THE AIR WITH HER SATELLITES HOVERING AROUND HER AND POINTS AT TO̅MI. TO̅MI STANDS ON GUARD WITH HER LANTERN SHIELD.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
No, you listen! No one is leaving! You'll learn to like it here! I know you will... even if I have to force you to!!!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's not going to happen, Mirabelle! You're going to have to learn to let go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 142 19
To̅mi Andrei is never the person you would think of to resist embarking on amazing experiences. On the other hand, adventure has its way of finding y...
8.5K 104 28
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. ~ Four years ago, Evelyn was pushed...
276K 17.2K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...
941K 24.9K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...