𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

De Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... Mais

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°44 A°

167 31 10
De Benzita13

Dedicated to peacesometre and Lydiaagyemang

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
Days had passed and the day of the slumber party had come sooner than expected.

By four O' clock in evening, Amorette came in to visit with her friend, Maidaki.

I had gone to take a shower half an hour after while Amorette and her friend waited downstairs for me.

I had already placed the items I needed in a bag. So, all I did afterwards was put on clothes and arrange my hair.

The time for the slumber party was 6:00 PM, but since it hadn't gotten even near that yet, I sat in the living room with Amorette and Maidaki as they watched TV.

Some minutes later, Ifeoluwa stepped into the living room with a glass of yoghurt. My eyed widened at the sight of it and I ran towards him.

He still had his eyes up, roaming the corners of the living room when I lowered myself and placed mouth on the glass, turning the cup over to let the liquid flow in.

Ifeoluwa furrowed his brows, then, he looked down and his eyes widened seeing me taking a drink of his yoghurt. He jerked the glass cup away from me and burst into laughter.

"Tammy!" He exclaimed. I folded my arms and rolled my eyes with a smile. "What was that?"

I turned to him and laughed. "Oga, it's called taking what you want."

He looked at me with an 'are you serious right now' look. He looked to the glass with faux self-pity and then, he smiled and handed me the cup.

"Here." He laughed. "Just finish what you started."

I grinned at him and patted his head. "This is the first time you're acting like my brother. Thank you."

And then, I turned around and walked back to the sofa. Amorette and Maidaki were staring at me, and I quickly realized they'd been watching us. I sat down and took a sip of the yoghurt.

Maidaki looked behind me and then, back to me. She smiled. "You guys are really cute."

Amorette nodded, looking back at the TV screen. "Totally."

Once the time had gotten close enough, I went up the stairs to retrieve my bag. Just as I was about to step out of the house with the girls, Ifeoluwa called me back.

"Are you sure you should attend this stuff? I feel like Daniella and Mandel are somewhat similar in character. I have a feeling that she's up to something." He said.

I waved my hands at him. "You over think a lot of things, Ifeoluwa. I'm just going there to have fun, okay? You're acting less like a twin and more like an older brother these days."

He smiled. "I just remembered. I have to, umm, I'm going to—"

"Tammy!" Amorette exclaimed. "5:44 PM!"

I gasped. "I have to go, Ifeoluwa. See you tomorrow."

I hugged him and ran out of the door. The girls had already gone a little distance without me. I caught up to them in no time.

We took a taxi, and made our way to Daniella's home.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
We got there minutes after. We arrived some minutes past 6.

We stepped into her wide compound and clicked on the door bell when we had gotten close enough to the door.

After waiting for some time, I heard fumbling behind the door. The door was pulled open from behind and Daniella came into view.

She took her time to look at us from head to toe, she wore a smile.

"I'm so happy you made it." She said. I smiled at her.

"We are, too." Chorused the three of us.

She giggled. Standing beside the door. "Please, come in."

We stepped into the building and it took me a minute to recall the last time I came here. It was at the beginning of the term, I had gotten drunk, and I spent the night with Aidan.

I smiled.

Daniella led up the stairs and down the wide hallway. Finally, we got to her room door and I could already hear soft low music, giggles and chatter.

She opened the door and we stepped inside. Before us were Chloe, her friend, Tihana and a girl with light brown eyes and long black hair, her name was Amaya. I recognized her as a classmate of mine, I usually see her with glasses on but I guess she decided to change that today, and probably use a contact lens.

While Chloe and her friend chattered, the girl seemed to be alone. She just sat at a corner and watched them, laughing and smiling occasionally.

I approached her and said a 'hi'. She returned the greetings to me in a friendly manner. She seemed nicer and cooler than she looked from afar. Before I knew it, we both had gotten into a conversation about books and action movies - the perks of having a brother - and had even gone into an argument over which was better between the Harry Potter books and the Percy Jackson books.

As time went by, many more girls filed into the room. We had gotten up to fifteen. Most of them were students I didn't know. Mandel waltzed in last minute.

Daniella decided we take some drinks and pastries. Then, go into a good game of Truth or Dare afterwards.

I didn't have any worries with the truth or dare game, we were all girls, so I doubted it could be any bad.

We ate and drank, and ate and drank. And we laughed and conversed as music boomed through Daniella's ridiculously large room from her Music Player.

Once we were done with that, we all gathered at the center of the room, sitting on our sleeping bags on the floor, getting ready for a game of Truth
or Dare.

Daniella took her time to explain the rules of the game to everyone, just in case some people weren't quiet clear on the game.

"We use this bottle to decide." She said, waving a plastic bottle in the air. "We spin it, and if the part of the bottle with a lid stops before you, you'll be asked a question by the person the bottom of the bottle points at."

She continued. "If the bottle lid lands on you, you'll be asked to choose between answering a question honestly which is Truth or carrying out a Dare, no matter how crazy it is. If you forfeit and refuse to answer the question you're asked or you refuse to carry out your dare, you'll have to pay 3000 Naira."

Everyone gasped, I frowned.

"No nau."

"Did you say we should bring money ni."

"Na wa oo. How we go do this thing then."

"Please, lower the amount."

"You could've told us to bring money. We would've been prepared."

The room erupted in series of hisses and loud chatter.

"Okay, okay!" She yelled on top the noise, and hit a shoe on her table to call everyone's attention.

"I just came up with an alternative." She said, everyone listened, anticipating what she would say.

She smirked. "If you forfeit, you either pay the fine, or you get slapped."

Everyone gasped, my eyes found Mandel as she rolled her eyes and folded her arms, but she wore a smile, a ghost of a smile.

"That's the best I can say." She said and the room became just as noisy as it was before. No, it grew five times worse.

A ring of the bell quieted everyone down and Daniella stood up, clapping her hands excitedly.

"They're here." She said. Everyone whispered to one another in confusion. I looked to Amorette and Amaya, they only shrugged.

"Everyone, follow me." She said and stepped out of the room. Everyone became even more confused but we did as she said and followed her down the stairs.

She got to the door, turned the door knob and pulled the door open.

"Oh, my gosh!" Someone exclaimed.

Someone put a hand to her forehead dramatically and pretended to have fainted.

"What are they doing here?" Another person asked, loudly. And in no time, the girls had broke in whispers, giggles, hisses and chatters.

Daniella stepped to the side, and the guys walked in, one by one. I tried to stop my mouth from falling open at the sight of Aidan. Something tugged at me and I looked away immediately.

My gaze fell on Ifeoluwa. He looked nervous, rubbing the back of his neck. I hurried towards him and pulled him out of the group of guys.

"Start talking." I commanded.

He shrugged. "Daniella told us not tell you guys, she wanted it to be a surprise. I tried telling you this evening before you left though, but you didn't wait until I finished talking before running out with the rest."

My eyes widened in realization. I really hadn't let Ifeoluwa finish what he was saying before bolting out of the door. And Daniella speaking to the huddle of boys some days ago suddenly made a lot more sense.

The boys settled in the living room and I also realized that for Daniella to have done this, comfortably, her parents weren't home.

But this was wrong, I knew it. And I felt a knot in my stomach.

Daniella decided we play the game of Truth or Dare in the living room since the boys had joined us.

Honestly, I had never heard of a boys and girls slumber party.

Daniella sat beside Ayomide and placed the bottle in the middle of our circle of fifteen girls and eleven guys.

She spun the bottle, and it twirled and twirled. It stopped and the bottle lid was pointed at Amaya, the bottom was pointed at a guy on glasses, whose name I remembered to be Oreoluwa.

He said. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth." She shrugged, looking at him with a bored expression.

He smiled. "Be honest, do you like me?"

She looked at him and rolled her eyes. "No."

"Yeee!" Most of the guys exclaimed, Ayomide wasn't an exception.

"E choke." They laughed, patting him on his back. He smiled and laughed with them but I could tell he still felt pained. I turned my gaze to Amaya who looked like she'd die of boredom, she only looked at me and shrugged.

I checked the time, it was just few minutes past eight and I gasped.

How time flew.

I looked up to Daniella. "Daniella, don't you think it's too early to engage in a game of truth or dare? Let's do something else. Then, we can partake in the truth or dare."

Oreoluwa looked at me with an 'are you serious' expression and whispered to me. "You couldn't have said that before I chopped breakfast?"

I rolled my eyes. "Am I the one that told you to ask a girl a question like that, in front of everyone?"

People began to talk at once, all agreeing to my words and standing up to leave the circle.

"Wait." Daniella called, but people were too busy finding things to do. Eventually, the boys had all decided to go up, change into their PJs and come back right after. The girls decided they'd do the same.

Daniella groaned, then, she turned to me who, for some reason, didn't leave with the rest. She glared at me.

"Chill." I said. "Everyone probably took a bath before coming here, they just want to change. We'll start after."

Then, I stood up, glanced at her a last time and stepped into her bedroom, where the rest of the girls were.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A few minutes later, we all stepped out and sat in a circle in the living room.

People chattered excitedly and laughed and played.

"Let's continue. Shall we?" Daniella announced.

Everyone watched quietly as Daniella crawled forward, spun the bottle and went back to her position.

It stopped after a few seconds of spinning and its top was pointed at Tihana, Chloe's friend with the bottom to Daniella. Tihana had her eyes wide in shock and I could see her visibly gulp.

Daniella saw this and giggled. "Truth or Dare?"

Tihana gulped again and looked at Daniella. "Truth."

Daniella scowled. "Sheesh, someone should be bold enough to pick a dare."

"Sorry." The girl murmured quietly. "I meant dare."

Chloe looked at her angrily and nudged her. "Don't do that." She said.

"Oh well." Daniella shrugged. "I dare you to.."

She thought for a while. "I dare you to slap your bestie Chloe and tell her she's stupid."

Everyone fell silent, they're eyes set on Tihana, awaiting her to carry out the dare. She looked to an angry Chloe then back to Daniella.

"I.. I can't." She murmured.

Daniella smiled. "Then you pay the fine, just 3000 Naira."

In my opinion, Daniella was being really mean and I didn't know why. She looked like she was enjoying watching the poor girl battle internally in the position she was in.

"Or you can just walk towards me. I'll slap you and you can go free."

The girl lowered her head and sighed. "What would happen if I didn't pay the fine?"

Everyone else awaited her answer, I could tell they also wished to know that.

She smiled and for a moment, she had me thinking of the present Mandel.

"I'll lock you up in my compound and release my dog." She smirked.

Everyone exclaimed.

I was stunned. I had no idea there was a dog in the compound. I had never heard it make any sounds before but the look on her face told me meeting it wouldn't be a very good idea.

Tihana gulped. She looked down at her fingers.

I saw Chloe clench her fingers.

"Daniella, I hate you right now but... you can slap me in place of her."

Tihana looked up at her, surprised but Daniella laughed. "I can't do that."

Chloe looked confused. "Why not?"

"Because you're the person she was supposed to carry out the dare on, duuh."

I was sure Truth or Dare wasn't played this way but I didn't know why no one spoke up about it.

Tihana looked down and clenched her fists. She looked up at Daniella. "I have 1k with me. It's my transport fare for tomorrow but I'll still pay you in full on Monday."

Daniella shook her head. "1k isn't 3k, dear. We all had a deal."

We?

Tihana looked down at her fingers and sighed sadly.

My heart absolutely broke for the poor girl.

"Tihana, why do you have to be so foolish?"

Everyone turned to the direction of the voice. The person that had spoken was no other than Mandel and she looked at the girl with a mocking smile.

My eyes subconsciously moved to Ifeoluwa. He sighed in exasperation, watching Mandel butt into something that wasn't her concern and covered his face with his hands.

"You don't have the money and you have two easy options. You either slap or be slapped. Which sounds easier?" She smirked.

"Leave her alone." Daniella said with a small smile. "She knows the easier option but she still has a choice to make."

People groaned and began to talk, the girls most especially. The guys just watched.

"This game is getting boring. She should do something."

"Just look at her, pathetic."

"I never knew this girl could be so foolish."

"If she slaps her best friend and calls her stupid, so what? She won't die."

"This girl should stop forming, abeg."

"See her, she's just pretending to be quiet."

"Once a wimp, always a wimp."

Something about the last comment hit me hard and I suddenly wanted to come to the girl's aid.

Tihana shut her eyes tight and brought her hands over to her ears.

Not many people noticed that, they were all too busy trying to make their negative comments heard.

"I'll do it!"

The room fell silent and I didn't realize I had been the one that spoke until everyone averted their gazes to me. I met Ifeoluwa's warning stare, Aidan's amazed gaze and Amorette and Maidaki's confused looks.

And of course, Tihana's look of mortification.

Daniella smiled and Mandel mirrored it.

"Do what?" Daniella asked.

I took in a deep breath and stared straight into Daniella's eyes.

"I'll carry out the dare for her."

It wasn't like I like Chloe much, anyways.

Daniella tilted her head and smiled at me, amused. "Oh, if you're going to replace her, you're not doing the same dare she's doing."

People muttered and murmured amongst themselves. I was, too, confused but I refused to show it and wore a daring expression instead.

She smiled wickedly and I saw her gaze flicker to Aidan.

I had a sense of foreboding.

Oh no.

She looked back at me. "I dare you to..."

She dropped her gaze to her fingers, looking at each and every one.

"Kiss Aidan."

Something plummeted to the bottom of my stomach, almost painfully.

I knew Ifeoluwa would be mad right now. I could already feel his heated gaze on me and I forced myself not to look at him.

"What?" I asked, trying not to falter my still confident expression.

She looked up from her nails and smiled. "You heard me."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ayomide stand up with a grin on his face. He walked towards me but stopped behind the guy sitting next to me.

"Guy, stand up nau. Didn't you hear what she said?" He told the boy, tapping him on his back. The boy rolled his eyes and went to sit somewhere else and I was face to face with Aidan, who still looked like he was trying to understand what was going on.

Oh God!

I just had to play the Saint card, didn't I?

I looked away from him and focused on Ayomide instead who was too busy squeezing himself between Aidan and his brother Samuel to push him closer to me.

Before I knew it, Aidan and I were sitting next to each other and Ayomide gave us a thumbs up with a wide grin.

Everyone watched us, anticipating what was to come and I took in a breath. Aidan must've noticed it too, because I saw him from the corner of my eye, looking at everyone else.

"Do something naa." Someone said.

I turned to Aidan who already had his gaze on me. I could hear my heart beat faster and louder.

Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun dun.

Slowly, he wore a small smile and moved closer. He pressed his lips to my ear.

"It's okay if you don't want to do this. You don't have to." He said. "Besides, I can handle dogs."

I looked at him, thankfully, but I sighed sadly and whispered, looking down at the floor.

"Thank you, a lot, but I have to this. I'm sorry." I whispered. "It's not just about the dare. I just can't stand people being taking advantage of others because of their weakness and being called wimps."

I took a breath, shut my eyes tight and pressed my lips against his. I could tell he was surprised, because he suddenly stilled.

People exclaimed and jubiliated, but the sounds sounded faint in my ears.

I kissed him as he slowly loosened up, and I felt what people often referred to as 'butterflies' in the stomach. I felt hot on my cheeks and I felt an unusual rush of ecstasy.

And at that moment, I suddenly realized something I knew had gone terribly, horribly wrong.

I gasped and pulled away  immediately, looking ahead of me, at everyone's smiling faces and refusing to look at Aidan.

I shouldn't have felt those things, not again, not after last time. Those feelings were things I deemed dangerous, things I was supposed to hate, but somehow, they managed to surge up again. And I knew right then, that I had fallen into something incredibly terrible.

The game went on after, and Tihana asked to speak to me in person. We went into Daniella's bedroom and shut the door.

"Thank you." She said, quietly. I smiled and sat with her on the bed.

"Do you really like that boy?" She asked.

I smiled and shook my head. "No, I don't. We're just friends."

She frowned and looked at me. "Then, I'm sorry I made you two kiss. Things like that affect friendships a lot." She lowered her head.

A small smile found its way to my face. "That's not important, Tihana. I just wanted to help you. I can tell you're quiet and gentle but that doesn't mean you should keep letting people like Mandel and Daniella get to you. If you aren't okay with things they say, let them know how you honestly feel. You don't have to insult them, just let them know, okay?"

She nodded.

"Open up, stand your ground and don't try to seem vulnerable to them." I said. "Look at me, I don't tolerate nonesense. Anyone that tries rubbish with me gets it back even hotter. You don't see me getting bullied. Do you understand?"

She nodded but still didn't look at me. I placed my fingers on her chin and raised her head up in an attempt to make her look at me.

I asked again, "Do you understand?"

She looked at me for a moment, slowly, her lips went up in a smile and she nodded. "I do and I'll try."

I smiled and we both went back down to the living room. We walked in on Cathie Rae, a student in the science class, dancing to an amapiano music as everyone else in the circle yelled and cheered her on, some joining her. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

She had hers easy.

I sat back in my position, beside Aidan. I didn't dare to speak, and I tried to be as silent as possible so as to avoid any conversations with him.

"Otamayomi."

I sighed inwardly, turning to him with a small smile. He had a frown on and a look of concern.

"You good, you and Tihana." He said, nodding his head in her direction.

"Of course we are. No worries." I smiled.

"This game's fun and all, but I'm bored." He said. "What about you?"

I looked towards the others. The music had been changed to a afro beat and almost everyone had joined in to dance.

I looked back at him and shrugged. "Yeah."

His eyes twinkled as he looked at me, straight in the eyes. A smile went up his lips.

"Go for a walk with me." He said. "Just around the compound."

I looked back at the others, but somehow, I was able to make out the faces of Ifeoluwa and Mandel, they were busy with each other, especially Ifeoluwa. I turned back to him and shrugged again.

"Why not."

As we walked out of the room and made our way out, I made a mental note to myself that after the day as done and I had gotten this sleepover over with..

I'd get rid of the feelings I was fast developing, and stay clear away from him.

I remembered Ifeoluwa's words and sighed, lowering my head.

It was for my own good.

---------------------------------------
*Clears throat*

So... that happened. He he😏 We all know they didn't actually mean to kiss sha, it was nothing more than a dare.

Tammy realized she's catching feelings and wants to get rid of it🥺😢by avoiding Aidan😂😂She should sha get ready, cos it wouldn't be as easy as she thought.

More things was to be written in this chapter though, but it got too long and passed my usual word count. If I stuffed everything in here, it would've exceeded 4k words, so, there's going to be a 44B, continuing from where this chapter ends.

So, what are your thoughts on this chapter, the characters and everything.

Aidan❤️..

Tammy🔥..

Ifeoluwa 🥰

Ayomide 😂😂

Tihana🥺

Mandel💔

Chloe🤔

And especially Daniella, she acted like a villain this time😂like Mandel's twin.

Btw, my updates would be coming in more frequently. I think I should let you know, this book would come to an end just a few chapters from now🥺😭 I've written up to chapter 46, and I'm still writing more until the last chapter. So, with that being said...

Good bye for now though, I'll see you later.

XOXO,
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

61.1K 19K 106
ɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
24K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
Perfectly Imperfect De Ririi

Ficção Adolescente

256K 79.8K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...