Dragonball Mae: Origins

By kadenzajinx

Son Mae's peaceful life changed when she was taken by the Prince of all Saiyans, Vegeta. He saw her potential... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Three

599 31 17
By kadenzajinx

In the hospital on earth, a day after the fight with the saiyans, Goku was wrapped head to toe in bandages before being put on a life support machine. Only his face stuck out and he could only move his head. In the bed next to him was his son, Gohan, who only had minor bandages around his head and arms. Krillin's arm was in a sling and he had to walk using crutches, his head also covered in wrappings.

Goku looked up at his friend, "well it's not what I wanted to hear, but they said it'll take four months for my injures to heal, and I might never get back to normal."

"There's nothing to worry about," Korin spoke up. "The senzu beans will be ready in a month."

"Gohan and I are lucky," Krillin said. "We only have to spend three days in the hospital, we don't have to be a mummy like you."

"I went though all that and I don't even have to be hospitalized," Yajirobe scoffed.

Krillin gave him a look, "after you went through what, Yajirobe? Begging the saiyan to forgive you and let you join them? Or am I mistaken?"

Yajirobe jumped to his feet in offense, "you wanna get beat, baldy! That was just a trick!"

Korin started laughing.

"Just forget it," Ox King said. "You saved the earth and maybe those who died can return to life, it's enough."

Suddenly Bulma came bursting into the room, "hey! Everyone look what's on tv!"

"You scared me, Bulma," Roshi said. "Thought you were some crazy nurse."

"Oh shut up and look at the tv," Bulma said as she turned it on.

A news reporter came up on the screen with the saiyan pod behind him. "Scientists conjecture that the globular object unearthed in the ruined Eastern City, may be a vessel of extraterrestrial origin."

"Ah!" Krillin exclaimed. "That's the saiyan's ship!"

"I can't see!" Goku groaned.

The reporter continued, "two of these objects were sighted initially but one of them flew suddenly and inexplicably out of sight."

"This won't be good," Roshi said. "If those scientists have already found it."

"That makes it more fun," Bulma said, pulling out a remote control. "Imagine the looks on their faces when Krillin's remote control sends it flying away."

"Do you think it'll actually work?" Krillin asked.

"Krillin, who's the genius in this room?" Bulma asked impetuously. "I checked all the controls last night. Just watch, we'll be able to see it on live tv. Just here, and here..." she began pressing buttons on the remote. "And watch that thing move!"

"I can't see!" Goku continued to complain.

On the screen the saiyan ship suddenly exploded. Bulma, Krillin, and Roshi's expressions quickly changed to panic as the reporter began to speak again.

"Something happened to the object! It suddenly exploded! The remains of the spacecraft, if it was, are scattered everywhere!"

"I told myself don't touch the self destruct button!" Bulma whined.

"It's all over," Krillin collapsed.

"There's...there's nothing to do..." Goku shuddered. "Not even nimbus can carry us fast enough." He had a silent thought that hopefully Vegeta would return to Earth, bringing Mae with him.

"You had to pick up the remote control!" Bulma turned to Krillin.

"You pressed the self destruct button!" Krillin snapped back.

"Excuse Mr. Popo," he said from the window, behind Bulma, making her shriek in surprise.

"Mr. Popo!" Krillin ran to the window.

"Indeed, someone come," he said. "There is a spaceship."

"Is there really another spaceship?" Krillin asked.

"Probably," Mr. Popo said.

"Who is this guy?" Roshi asked.

"It's Mr. Popo," Korin said.

"He lives with Kami," Goku said. "And he says he has since before the current Kami and the one before that and before that."

"Hang on, probably?" Krillin asked.

"Probably a spaceship, but Mr. Popo cannot be sure," he answered. "But if someone comes, Mr. Popo will guide them."

"Bulma," Krillin turned to her.

"Me?!" Bulma exclaimed.

"Who else can figure out an alien ship?" Krillin asked.

"I-I don't know about this," Bulma said nervously.

"You can't chicken out on us, Bulma," Roshi said.

Bulma finally gave in and climbed onto the carpet Mr. Popo was standing on. "Just... just be careful... I'm not like them, I'm delicate."

"Mr. Popo is off," he said and suddenly they vanished.

"Hm, I don't suppose anyone knows how he did that," Roshi said.

"If there is a spaceship, I wonder whose it is," Krillin wondered.

Bulma and Mr. Popo suddenly appeared in a frozen wasteland. "We are here, get off," he said.

"Wha- already?!" Bulma exclaimed. "Where are we? It's freezing here!" She rubbed her arms to try and keep warm.

"Yunzabit highlands," Mr. Popo answered.

"Yunzabit!" Bulma gasped. "That's the furthest corner of earth! You mean to tell me that in an instant..."

"Now let Mr. Popo see," Mr. Popo began to look around. "Was it this way?" He began to walk off.

"Woah wait! You expect me to believe there's a space ship out here!" Bulma snapped as she followed reluctantly. "I get it...drag a cute girl out here where no one can see what you're gonna do to her eh?"

"Here it is," Mr. Popo said suddenly stopping.

"Huh?" Bulma stopped as they came to the edge of a small cliff. She looked out and saw a strange space craft. She climbed down and stared up at it in amazement.

"Is it a spaceship?" Mr. Popo asked.

"I'm not sure..." Bulma said before she began to inspect the ship. "What is this? It isn't metal...I've never seen anything like it." She turned to Mr. Popo. "Okay, tell me what you know about this."

"A century ago Lord Kami spoke of his godly past to Mr. Popo for the first and only time," he said. "It was a mysterious tale. Kami said that his godship lived in the Yunzabit Highlands as a child. But Mr. Popo said that that is a wasteland, why would a child be there?"

"And?" Bulma asked, wanting more.

"Kami said that his godship didn't know, even his lordly mind was confused. Perhaps the godly head had been struck and he lost his memory," Mr. Popo continued. "Mr. Popo asked again, were his godship's parents there? Kami said no, no parents. Only a note reading 'we will come for you later. Wait for us...'"

"Where exactly is this going?" Bulma asked, growing impatient.

"The lord Kami waited for his holy parents for a long time and waited, and waited," Mr. Popo said. "Kami said there was a house there that he trusted his parents would come some day. However the years stretched on and it became hard to find food so eventually he gave up and left. He would occasionally return to see if there was any sign but nothing changed."

"Did I forget to ask where's this going?" Bulma asked, irritated.

"Mortals are so impatient," Mr. Popo sighed. "Mr. Popo comes to the point. Kami didn't realize it at the time since he didn't know any other houses, but as he came to learn different worlds, he realized what an odd house it was. It was round and had four legs and there was no lock or knob on the door and it opened with a spoken word. 'Piccolo'."

When he said the word the ship opened, a platform came down from the bottom of it. Bulma stood there stammering in surprise.

"Go in," Mr. Popo said.

"This is Kami's house?!" Bulma exclaimed.

"Say it again and it closes," Mr. Popo instructed. "Piccolo."

The ship closed, bringing them inside. Bulma looked around in surprise.

"Look carefully, is this a house or a space ship?" Mr. Popo asked.

Bulma came to a realization, "of course! Kami was a Namekian! King also told us that, and about the cataclysm that destroyed Namek a long time ago!"

"Mr. Popo heard the lord of worlds speak, then Mr. Popo remembered the story of this house," he said. "Mr. Popo thought it was worth looking for."

"If it is a space ship then his story makes sense," Bulma said, looking at the large chair.

"When Planet Namek was in danger, Kami's holy parents put his godship on board and flew him to earth," Mr. Popi said.

"For some reason they couldn't come until later, and then something went wrong," Bulma continued. "They never made it. That's gotta be it cause I've never seen a house like this. It's gotta be a ship. But how do we use it?" She began to inspect the control panel. "The door's working so there has to be some sort of power. Is this the main switch...? No...maybe this? No that's not it either..." she began to fiddle with it more.

"This is weird," Bulma said. "I wonder if there's a passcode or something. If it was too easy then Kami would've messed with it when he was little. I don't think these are buttons...maybe some kind of sensor?"

"Voice sensors?" Mr. Popo wondered.

"Yeah! Words like the entrance!" Bulma realized.

"What to say? Piccolo?" Mr. Popo asked.

"No, that must be just to get in and out," Bulma shook her head. "Come on, fly! Hear me, move, zip, lift, travel!" She tried multiple words.

Bulma sighed when nothing happened and sat back on the chair. "It's no use. Of course it wouldn't be an earth language. Too bad no one knows Namekian. Kami and Piccolo were talking in a strange language at the World Martial Arts Tournament, that must've been Namekian."

"If that was Namekian, then Mr. Popo knows it!" He said.

"Really?!" Bulma jumped up.

"Really," Mr. Popo nodded. "Now that Mr. Popo thinks about it 'Piccolo' is a perfect entrance word, it means different world in that language."

"So the great demon Piccolo means..." Bulma shook her head. "Nevermind. Why didn't you tell me you spoke Namekian! And why didn't you tell this thing to fly?!"

"To where?" Mr. Popo asked.

"Wherever!" Bulma said. "For starters let's go around Jupiter."

Mr. Popo began to speak in Namekian, telling the ship what to do and they suddenly took off. Within a matter of seconds they were at the great red planet.

Bulma looked out the window, "yep that's Jupiter! I hope I'm not premature in saying this, but we did it!" She began to jump for joy.

"Mr. Popo is glad, Kami can come back to life," he wiped a tear of joy from his eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 743 37
[*BOOK 1*] After three years from the events of Namek, Freeza arrives to Earth, but is surprisingly stopped by two new faces -- both Super Saiyains...
139K 3.7K 60
*Completed* A prequel to Dragonball Mae. Mae is the daughter of Goku and she is Gohan's twin sister as well. After Goku died fighting Cell, the world...
675 50 29
Just A hint of lemon 🍋 You are a low class saiyan and you need money before you and your family live on the streets. You must fight against your st...
1.7K 44 15
Age 737. Planet Vegeta has been destroyed. Only a few Saiyans escaped the explosion. Kakarot and Raditz, sons of Bardock. Vegeta IV, son of King Vege...