From fantasy to reality a Pol...

By vicopinto92

Colin Bridgerton is part of one of the most important families of London aristocracy, that night at the Feath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 17

1.7K 13 2
By vicopinto92

Benedict and Eloise were quite surprised to see how passionate the couple was, Eloise for her part was curious about how it would feel and Benedict was envious.

They were both waiting in the library, Eloise with too many questions.

-Is that how babies are made?

Benedict looked at her in disapproval.

-I can ask them- she said.

-You are a bit impertinent sister, but if you want to know, what you saw is a preamble, to make babies, more physical contact is needed.

Eloise did not understand that more physical contact was needed, when they saw the scene, it was unknown where one began and the other ended. She was going to ask something else, but the couple entered the library. They both sat together on the couch.

-I hope it's important- he said

-If you want, we can focus on talking about what Eloise and I just saw, because you lovebirds are not married yet, nor are you even publicly engaged- Benedict scolded.

-I preferred not to talk about that- Pen added.

-Well, we're here to talk about something delicate- Ben continued- I must add that Eloise didn't tell me anything.

Colin and Pen looked at each other scared.

-When will you tell me about Miss Penelope's secret?- Benedict scolded.

-what secret? -Colin dissimulation

-He knows- Eloise added.

-how? -Pen said.

-The day you leave the pamphlet to Genevieve, I was there. She tried to hide it but coincidentally two days later the last pamphlet was published. That was an indication you told her: "send it two days after I leave for Scotland."

-So that was your source- Colin said, understanding everything.

-Yes, the source was me. Because Genevieve didn't tell me anything. when I asked her about it she denied everything, she said something about some of your dresses. But everything clicked when you came down from the tree at Featherington House.

-what tree? -said Eloise.

Colin and Penelope blushed. Benedict understood that it was better to skip that part.

-What matters was that I followed you little brother, I didn't understand why you were in that part of the city, I didn't know it was a printing press until I came in after you left. What I mean by this is that you must be more careful, in all aspects that have to do with your relationship, because if our mother had been in our place, this would be a scolding and she would be forcing you to get married for the end of this week. And with the other thing, if I saw you Colin, anyone could have done the same. Now that Penelope is the sapphire, you are more exposed to the public eye, so it is best that I take care of the deliveries.

-I wouldn't want to involve anyone else- Penelope said.

-Dear sister-in-law, you are going to marry my clumsy brother, this is the least we can do for you. -Benedict mocked.

-Ha ha-said Colin- how funny but thank you, you're right now there are going to be more people looking out for us, so it's for the best.

-but Colin...

-In our family we take care of each other Pen -Eloise interrupted- and you free us from this burden, we owe it to you.

-you are making it seem like Colin is a burden, I don't think I want him anymore- Pen mocked.

-It didn't seem like it a few minutes ago, it was obvious that you loved that burden too much- Benedict mocked.

Colin scolded his brother with his eyes, Pen lowered her head because she was ashamed.

-Well, let's go- said Eloise, holding out her hand to Penelope.

-With me?- Pen said confused.

-You told your mom that we were together, Benedict had to help me hide so they wouldn't see us leaving, we're supposedly in the park, so we're leaving. Or you want to continue what you were doing when we arrived.

She thought Penelope blushed again <yes that's what I want to do>she thought Pen took Eloise's hand, but not before giving Colin a quick kiss goodbye.

The brothers heard them leaving the house.

-Brother, you can't be left alone, especially in this house, at least once you get married.

-I didn't bring her, she came alone, I was sleeping, she was there...

-You know I envy you, I would also like to find mine, but I am sure I would control myself better. On the other hand, if we don't interrupt, she would already be pregnant by now.

-That's what you say, because you've never been in love.

-The desire is the same.

-That's what I thought, but it's not-Colin added- Do you remember how I liked Marina?

Benedict nodded.

-Well, in her attempt to commit me, she took me to a room and seduced me, we were at a reasonably reckless distance. Believe me, I wanted it a lot, but I rejected it. I was able to contain myself. With Pen it is very different. It's just that she looks into my eyes and I'm already begging for her contact, when I think I have control over my body I'm already touching her, kissing her. I even yell at myself to stop, but all I have to do is look at her to break me. Believe me brother, it's very different when you're in love.

Benedict looked at his brother with surprise, he knew that Colin loved Penelope, but what he saw in his brother was something else, it was love and for the first time in his life, Benedict felt jealous of his brother. On the other hand, he knew that he had to take more care of the secret of his future sister-in-law, because Colin, in his state, was not going to be intelligent at all.

Penelope and Eloise arrived at the park in Colin's carriage.

-We must stay at least an hour so they can see us, then we can return home," declared Eloise.

-Okay- Pen said.

They began to walk together, like in the old days.

-Then- said Eloise.

-so

-Don't you feel disgusted when you do those things?

-what things? -Penelope didn't understand what her friend was referring to.

-with my brother.

Penelope looked at her friend, she was blushing looking at the floor, which made her smile. It might be the first time she had seen Eloise embarrassed.

-Of course not, maybe you see it that way, because is your brother.

-It's not that - Eloise suddenly felt shy - I tried to imagine myself with Theo, doing what you did and it felt uncomfortable.

-for good? -She responded without looking at her friend, quite blushing.

-No.

-There's your answer: you really didn't like him; you were probably just attracted to his ideas because they were similar to yours. But that wasn't love.

They walked a little more in silence.

-I think you're right. You know I've thought about what you wrote to defend me. I understand why you did it, I wish no one knew about Theo. But thinking about the circumstances in which I placed myself with the queen. I didn't give you any other option. I'm sorry for how I reacted and the horrible things I said to you, you didn't deserve them.

-Maybe a little- Pen smiled.

-just a little, I can't believe you'll keep that secret from me.

-I was going to tell you that night.

-Seriously -Eloise frowned - why?

-Colin had just told me that I was special for him and would always take care of me, I was delirious about being close to making your brother fall in love with me. I told myself "now we are going to be sisters, I have to tell El." But I got to my room and everything happened.

-What a stormy night you had -Eloise felt sorry -two Bridgertons for the price of one night. And the ones most appreciated.

-It's all in the past; if you look closely, I was right about Colin.

-Oh, it's true.

They began to turn back and take Colin's carriage but it was not there.

-Good afternoon, ladies- said Charles- your coachman had to leave because they sent for him, but if you allow me I can take you home.

The girls looked at each other, they didn't see why not. Eloise got on first, then Pen, then the duke. The carriage was quite luxurious, but very dark, the windows were closed, Pen tried to open it but she was sewn into the cloth.

-Did you have a nice walk? -Charles asked.

-Yes, quite nice- Pen replied.

-Miss, what is your address, to take you first? -he ask Eloise.

-Oh, we are neighbors- El responded.

Several minutes passed and it seemed strange to Eloise that they still won't get home to Featherington.

-why did it take so long? We weren't that far away- said Eloise.

-Don't worry, miss, there was an accident on the road and the coachman had to go around- the duke responded calmly.

A few more minutes passed and the carriage stopped. First put the duke down, closing the door behind him. The girls looked at each other, both terrified at the same time, they tried to open the doors but were sealed, and they both began to scream desperately.

There was a noise and the carriage moved, then it felt like they had been lifted.

-Pen I think I hear the ocean! They are going to drown us! -Eloise shouted.

They screamed again in desperation.

(...)

After Benedict left, Colin was having dinner early so he could get up early the following day, he wanted to be the first to arrive at the Featherington house, when a letter arrived that he should go immediately to house number 5.

Colin arrived and was terrified when he saw his entire family including the Featheringtons with desperate looks and some tears.

-What happened? -said Colin thinking the worst.

-Son- Violet said crying -Eloise and Penelope did not return from the walk to the park, people saw them walking together and then getting into a carriage.

-But they had my carriage, it doesn't make sense- said Colin.

-Your coachman said that a blond man had given him instructions to pick you up on the other side of the city- Benedict added.

-Have you been to the duke's house? -Colin said.

-I just came back from there -Anthony put his hand on his shoulder - there is no one, the mansion is deserted.

-Portia, did he say something to you this morning when he visited Penelope?- Colin said.

-He asked my permission to marry her, I told him that she was already engaged to you -Portia cried -my girl

Prudence hugged her, she was also sobbing.

Colin saw how everything turned black, he felt sick, he became cold, pale, his legs felt like jelly. Anthony noticed and helped him sit down.

-I don't understand why he also took Eloise- Gregory said.

-She would die before leaving her sister alone with that man- Kate added.

Colin stood up, ignored his family yelling at him in the distance, Benedict, Simon and Anthony followed him. each one took a horse and followed Colin.

Colin arrived at the port first, before asking anything, he saw carriage marks reaching the edge of the port.

His brothers arrived a few minutes later.

-They took them with carriage, onto the ship- Colin said.

-Would he take them to Scotland?- Benedict asked.

-No, he knows I know his mansions in Edinburgh and Skye -Colin responded- Simon, can you find out where he has more properties?

Simón nodded, got on his horse and left.

-Let's see if we can find out something in the area- said Anthony.

The three brothers separated, the duke had only used his men, he even brought his own ship.

I knew he wouldn't stay like this, I knew I couldn't leave her alone, at least she is with Eloise and she will give her strength Colin thought.

(...)

Penelope had fallen asleep on Eloise's legs, who was stroking her hair, to calm herself and her friend, when the carriage door finally opened. Eloise woke up her friend, they both saw the duke smiling.

-Ladies, I assumed you wanted fresh air and food- said the duke.

Penelope got up and left the carriage hand in hand with Eloise.

- what do you think you're doing? -she told him- what made you think it is a good idea, to kidnap two young ladies of good birth and take them to God knows where on a simple whim!

-this? -said the Duke- this is just a game I want to play with the third Bridgerton, I didn't want to include his sister because it would damage my experiment, but since you are "neighbors" I wouldn't have another chance, your mother told me you were already engaged to him.

-This experiment, as you call it- said Eloise- is called kidnapping, you can draw it however you want, but there is no other way to see it. Maybe you don't know that my brother-in-law is the Duke of Hastings, my brother is a viscount and my sister-in-law's sister is the princess of Prussia!

-I'm a duke, girl- Charles said with contempt- Besides, you can get off whenever you want- he pointed to a raft- I have no intention of harming either of you, so you can calm down.

-you don't know who you're messed with- Eloise spat.

-No, your brother doesn't know who he messed with when he told me he was going to take me away from my wife, who thought that me being a duke would simply put me aside when a third child was my competition.

-I don't know what you have against being a third child- Pen bellowed.

-I don't understand why you prefer him. has no logic, he degraded you in front of everyone! -shout

-because I love him! Something you will always need help understanding.

-love? That's ridiculous -he mocked. -This is Olivia, your valet. She's going to show you the cabin. I apologize because you'll have to share. I wasn't planning on bringing both of you.

The girls followed Olivia, there was no point arguing with Charles, after all they were in the middle of the ocean and none of them knew how to sail.

-I didn't know that the master was going to bring you by force, he only told us that he was going on a trip with his wife, I am very sorry for this situation, I will bring you food - saying that she came out.

-Eloise forgive me for getting you into this problem, I would never imagine that something like that could come out of that man.

-what? Why you apologize, you didn't ask for this either! I'm glad I've been here with you, I don't want to imagine that you would have been alone with that crazy man- Eloise said.

Olivia returned with food for the two of them, despite being angry they were starving.

-Do you think he will take us to Scotland? -Eloise asked.

-No, Colin knows where he has his properties because I told him, it's probably somewhere else.

-What do you think is the supposed experiment?

-I don't know, but something tells me we will know soon. I can't imagine how worried our families must be. How much money do you bring with you?

-what? -Eloise said confused, then she understood what her friend meant, she took her purse and gave it to Pen.

-I think that's enough, we have to make a plan and Anthony must be moving heaven and earth to find our whereabouts - hug his friend - don't worry, in a couple of days we will be in London and laugh about this.

Penelope started crying inconsolably, Eloise too, the whole situation was ridiculous.

(...)

Two days had already passed since the disappearance, the two families had agreed to say that the girls had been invited to spend a few days with Penelope's aunt.

Simon gave Anthony the list of the duke's properties, he had seven in total. Colin took the list, reading one by one.

-Does any of it sound familiar to you?- Simón asked him.

-where is this one?pointing to some scriptures.

-It's a cabin in Greece, in the name of Duchess Williams, said Simón, reading the report.

-It has to be there- Colin said.

-how do you know that? -Anthony ask.

-I only know, when do we set sail? -Colin added uneasily.

-Simon, you must stay to manage the houses, my brothers and I will travel, please ask Daphne to keep Kate entertained so she doesn't worry, that could harm the baby. We must tell Benedict's valet to pack his suitcase when he returns from the Smith Ball.

-How can I help you- said Stirling.

-Keep the ladies as calm as possible, and protect appearances, remember that we are only going to some businesses that have nothing to do with girls in Scotland. We don't want society to eventually force one of the two to marry that individual- Anthony ordered.

When Benedict arrived, bringing the night's gossip, Colin looked at him trying to understand why that was important.

-If Lady Whistledown stops writing just when the two are traveling, it will cause many problems- Benedict said.

-The problem is that neither of us have the skills to write that pamphlet.

-I also thought about that so- he opened the door, which had Kate on the other side- don't look at me like that, someone else had to know, our team was cut in half, then we'll leave and no one will be left. We don't know how long we'll be looking for them, if we don't find them soon, Anthony will have to come back and it will just be the two of us. I already spoke with Genevieve and she will receive the pamphlets from Kate, so she just has to go to the dressmaker, since is pregnant, she will have the perfect excuse.

-You're right, thank you for this Kathe, but please don't say anything to Anthony- Colin said.

-You have nothing to thank, they are both my sisters and we protect the family.

Colin looked at her and for the first time allowed himself to cry. Benedict and Kate hugged him.

Echoes of Society

Dear reader:

The Smith House Concert is an event that many look forward to this time of year, there is no denying that the Smith ladies know how to entertain an audience.

However, Lady Danbury tripped over the violin of one of them and felt so sorry that she sent to order an imported one, according to what she heard it may take several months to arrive.

Just when the race for the sapphire was at its most crucial climax, Miss Penelope Featherington and her great friend Miss Eloise Bridgerton were invited to spend a few days with Penelope's aunt, perhaps she felt overwhelmed by so much attention.

In other news, Miss Thomas rejected two marriage proposals, one from Mr. Anderson, did she have her reasons?

Something is happening in London because the aristocracy is leaving before the season ends, the very dashing Duke Williams also had to leave the city for work, let's hope that next season he will have better luck.

Always yours

Lady Whistledown

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 15.5K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
18.2K 431 28
Penelope Featherington was no longer the same after hearing Colin Bridgerton making fun of her at her mother's ball. She loved that man her entire li...
6.7K 147 7
How Colin's careless words threaten to ruin the very fabric of his relationship with Penelope.
1.2M 35.6K 56
It is said that second-born sons have all the fun. This much is certainly true for Benedict Bridgerton, free from the burdens held by his eldest brot...