The Master Spy (Spy Kyoushits...

By keishirogane08

Caelus who goes by the codename "Prince" is a spy who was assigned to join a spy team known as Lamplight. He... More

Character Profile
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Additional File
Additional File No. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 1

1K 29 14
By keishirogane08

The Great War.......

An armed conflict that reached into a massive scale of fighting between many countries all at once.

It took many lives. Ravaged the lands. Left scars amongst the ordinary people and the soldiers who fought during the war.

Peace was achieved.....so we thought.

It's far from over.

The only thing that changed is that wars were finally fought in the shadows.

A secret among all nations.

Everyone thought that there will be no casualties among civilians.

Wrong.

There is.

And I know two people who became victims of this conflict.

I will never forget how these two people died on that day.

---------------

3rd POV.

???: Caelus! Caelus!

A woman with long, beautiful, white hair opens her arms towards a boy whose traits are identical to her.

The boy who possess the same white hair runs to the woman and embraced her.

??? 2: Mom! What is it?

Mother: Caelus. Where do you want to go today?

The boy releases his arms from embracing her mother as he thought about the question.

Caelus: At the market. Let's go make a pie!

Mother: Oh? I see. Hehe. Well then. To the market it is.

The mother and son went to the market to buy their ingredients. The market is busy, filled up with stalls that sells varieties of products such as food, clothing, tools, and many more.

The mother and son also decided to visit a florist and buy a boquet of flowers.

Florist: Hello, Miss Anastasia.

Anastasia: Hello. One boquet of  Daffodils.

Florist: As you wish.

When they received the boquet, the mother and son went on their way to the cemetery.

Caelus: Mom.

Anastasia: Yes, my little angel? What is it?

Caelus: Do you think, Dad is happy out there?

Caelus points towards the sky.

While Anastasia's expression turned into one filled with sadness and hope.

Anastasia: We don't even know if your father already passed. He's still missing.

Anastasia: The last letter that we received from your father was already 5 months ago before he was sent again to the battlefield.

Caelus: Yeah. Dad......I hope he can make it to my 8th birthday.

Anastasia: Which was only 5 days away.

Caelus: Wait, really!?

Anastasia: My, my. It seems that worrying for your father made you forget your own birthday.

Caelus: Sorry. I just wish that Dad will be here to celebrate it. I just want the three of us to be together as a family.

Anastasia pulls the young Caelus with her arm.

Anastasia: I'm certain that your father will do his very best to get back to us during your birthday.

Anastasia: He will never miss that one for the world.

Anastasia: For now, let us hope that your Dad is all right. After all, he is fighting to protect us.

The mother and son eventually reached the cemetery and went in front of a grave.

They laid the flowers in front of a grave which bears the name Olga.

Anastasia: But I just wish your little sister is here.

Caelus: She left us because she was so sick, right?

Anastasia: Yes. The Red Fever was so severe.....

Anastasia: The fact that she was only four years old when she left us.

Caelus: She always liked daffodils, right?

Anastasia: Yes.

A few moments of paying respects to Olga's grave, Anastasia and Caelus made their way back to their home.

However......

A sudden explosion broke out from the town.

A large explosion that it destroyed 1/4 of the area.

Anastasia and Caelus were blown away yet they were fortunate to find a decent cover.

Anastasia: Caelus!? Are you all right!?

Caelus: I'm fine! Mom, what was that!?

Anastasia peeks from the cover to make an initial assessment of the situation.

Anastasia: That was from an artillery. A tank.

Anastasia: I'm afraid we're under attack.

Caelus: Under attack!?

Anastasia: .....

Anastasia: The Galgad Empire......

Caelus: The empire!?

Anastasia: Let's get out of here and find refuge for a while until things settle down.

Soon afterwards, the soldiers of Galgad Empire entered the town and began to kill the townspeople without any remorse.

Anastasia and Caelus ran away and evaded the chaos that was occurring on their town.

Flames began to spread out, piles of smoke began to rise, corpses that were left behind, the sound of explosions and gunfire were so loud that it is enough to make someone go deaf.

The once beautiful town of Magnolia was destroyed, fire consuming all. The fact that it was peaceful a few moments ago, turned into a living hell.

Anastasia: What is going on here!? Why would the Galgan Empire......!?

Anastasia puts her arm in front of Caelus as the pair stopped running. In front of them are soldiers pointing their guns.

Soldier 1: Kill the woman and child!

As soon as the soldier is about to pull the trigger of his rifle, Anastasia threw a rock and struck the soldier in the eye.

Soldier 1: AAAAHHHH!

Soldier 2: You—

Anastasia: Caelus, run!

Caelus: What!?

Anastasia: Now! I'll hold them off!

Caelus: But—

Anastasia: Just do as I say!

Caelus complied and ran to find another safe place.

Once Caelus was out of sight, Anastasia smiled as she pulls a dagger from her sleeve.

Anastasia: I'm sorry, my little angel (Caelus).

Anastasia: Mommy's got to teach these troublemakers a lesson.

Anastasia slashed the soldier's throat with incredible speed and accuracy.

The other soldiers became terrified as a woman just took out their comrade in one blow. Yet the soldiers' reinforcements arrived and Anastasia was outnumbered even with her fighting skill.

Anastasia fought against them with all her strength. Yet her strength eventually faded and she died from the injuries she sustained.

Before she drew ber last breath, she looked at her arms and legs. Covered in wounds, her pure white hair was stained with blood.

She lies down, her consciousness fading in and out. Her breathing getting ragged.

She knew her time is drawing near.

She looked at the sky......tears coming out from her eyes.

Anastasia: Caelus. My precious little angel.

Anastasia: I pray that you live a life full of happiness.

Anastasia: And someday.....

Anastasia: Meet someone who'll make you happy.

----------------

3rd POV. Heat Haze Palace.

???: Teach....then what happened to the boy?

The man who possess long, curly, black hair answered as he continued to paint the canvas in front of him.

Teach: The mother died from her injuries and she was buried under the rubble. As for the child, no one knows what happen.

-----------

That's why I decided to fight.

To protect my loved ones from danger.

I will make sure to create a world where children won't cry.

I'm tired of war.

That's why this time.....

I will find a way to stop this war in the shadows.

That is how I......

Caelus.....

Codename: Prince

Decided to become a spy.

Now.....

I finally received my first order as a spy.

I will join a newly established spy team.

I do hope I can work with my colleagues. If not, then I hope I can just go solo.

I took a good look at my orders just to make sure I got it right.

So my destination is the Heat Haze Palace.

That is where my mission as a spy will begin.

Also, maybe I can use this opportunity search for my missing father.

Even after 10 years after the end of the Great War.....

I still have no leads about my father. Even after my graduation from the spy academy.

I guess I'll just have to broaden my search. I do hope I'll be able to do that.

For now.....let's look for the Heat Haze Palace and a man named Klaus.

--------

On that day......

It all began with 8 girls who were considered as washouts from their respective spy academies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1.6K 32
where calum is a wanted hunter who steals prince michael's jewels dom!michael/calum
44.1K 2K 43
Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not too late to start socializing now that...
796K 14.9K 34
❝You're still a prick.❞ I say out of breath. He kisses down my neck lightly biting between kisses as I hastily unbutton his shirt. ❝Mhm,❞ He mumbles...