Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter LIV

1K 35 3
By NunenaClarke

They walked together along the bustling streets of their town, their laughter and animated conversation filling the air.

Their destination was a popular Chinese shop, known for its delectable cuisine and cozy ambiance. Pushing open the door, they entered the bustling eatery, filled with the ar itoma of fragrant spices and the clinking of utensils.
A waiter escorted them to a large table that fitted their number and they sat down looking around the place before they were offered a menu.

" What would you like to order?" He asked no one in particular.

" We're waiting for someone, can you back later?" Wang Linxue requested and the waiter nodded going to another table.

As they waited Chi Minxia commented on the dishes while the other looked through the menu agreeing with her. She was the food expert here.

Wang Linxue's heart fluttered with anticipation as she caught sight of Xi Jinwei coming towards them. Unable to contain her happiness, she hugged when he reached their table and pressed a gentle kiss on his cold cheek in greeting.

Xi Jinwei's eyes widened momentarily before radiating with delight. His heart brimming with warmth and joy, he kissed her on the lips briefly.

The table fell silent for a brief moment, and all eyes turned towards them. Embarrassment tinged her cheeks as she realized their public display of affection had garnered attention. She glanced around, meeting the gazes of their friends.

" Ahem. Hey man." Cheng Qi greeted awkwardly.

" Hi, Sorry I'm late everyone." He apologized taking off his jacket setting it on the chair. He had no sense of shame what so ever.

"We just got here, don't worry. Let's order now." Chi Minxia waved at the waiter eagerly.

" Ok , I'll be ordering for everyone. So we would like to order mapo tofu , sweet and sour chicken. Shen Hui, you like ? "

" I'm not picky eater . You can order." Shen Hui smiled looking through the menu still. " Can you add some spring rolls?"

' Shen Hui smiling that wide, that rare.' Wang Linxue thought. ' Probably because her idol/cousin is here.'

" You heard her waiter. Also add beef with broccoli to the side as well ....oh and some steamed buns. When we want more well call but this is all for now." The waiter took the order and left the table.

" Foodie." Cheng Qi muttered teasingly nudging her.

" Did you miss me Baby?" Xi Jinwei arm was draped casually around her shoulders as purred into her ears and it flushed immediately under his eyes.

" W-Why would I miss you? We talk to each other everyday. Perhaps, you missed me instead." She pursed her lips to hide a smile that was threatening to break out while her ears reddened more.

" Well ,I did miss you dearly Xue'er. You have no idea. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Your eyes, your hair, your lips....'' He kissed her temple slowly reaching her lips, pecking it without regard for who was watching .

" S-Shameless! Get away from me!" She whisper yelled at him eliciting a smirk from him.
She just wish she could wipe it off his face.

Porcelain rattled together till the waiter finally placed everything down.

Plates filled with an assortment of dishes were placed before them, an array of colors and flavors enticing their senses.

The room was filled with the clinking of chopsticks and the gentle sound of conversations intertwined. Laughter and snippets of animated discussion filled the space.

"Have you tried this dish before? It's really good. Try it." Wang Linxue raised her chop sticks with a beef and some vegetables on it .

Xi Jinwei opened up and bit into the food before chewing slowly to savour it.

"Mmm, not bad." He acknowledged chewing it faster.

" Have more then." Wang Linxue piled up his bowl more with the beef and broccoli like a nosy anutie. " We need more meat on you. You're still a growing boy. "

He eyes crinkled as he laughed at her antics. " That's my line Xue'er. Here, have some buns. Your cheeks are too thin. Have you not been eating nowadays?" He placed some buns in her bowls lovingly.

" Too busy." Wang Linxue pouted coquettishly her chopsticks on her lips.

"Too busy to eat? You never told me. Are you trying to make my me worried?" He scolded her with heartache.

The surrounding entourage couldn't help but be fed with dog food. Even those who were a couple. They almost threw up in their and gritted their teeth vowing to do everything possible to avoid having a meal with these two together ever again.

Were they just dogs to them? Think about the singles here!

" Hello everyone, Wow.....I didn't expect to see you guys here." A voice Wang Linxue dreaded to hear greeted them and she raised her head to face it.

Ling Zhirou stood there in a navy blue shirt and dark pants different from what she wore on stage today. Her hair was tied in a ponytail though some of her baby hair still lingered on her face. She looked breath taking but casual and God knows how she always managed to pull it off.

Beside her was the man Wang Linxue met in the auditorium a few hours ago. She never quite caught his name.

" Oh hey Ling Zhirou. Congrats on winning the competition for the glory of the school. " Cheng Qi spoke out after a beat when none of the girls did.

Ling Zhirou's brother, sensing the tension in the air, exchanged a concerned glance with her, silently acknowledging the discomfort of the situation.

" Thank you, Cheng Qi. We did our best. " She humbly replied before gesturing to her brother beside her. She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted.

" Is that your boyfriend?'' Wang Linxue inquired innocently.

"What?  No, no. This is my martial brother Zhang Junjie. I've known him for as long as I can remember." Ling Zhirou clarified.

Oh, so friend zone eh?

" Hello. Hi." He smiled at them looking at everyone. When his gaze landed on Wang Linxue again his eyes lit up in recognition.

" Fancy meeting you here."

"Oh hi again. Hoped you found your seat easily."

" Yeah, I did. Thanks again." He winked at her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Jinwei subtly tense beside her. 

'' Hi Jinwei." Ling Zhirou almost shyly greeted and he smiled back.

" You're the Xi Jinwei?" Zhang Junjie took a good look at him now. He narrowed his eyes at him in sceptism.

" Yes?" He lifted his head,raising his eyebrow in question.

" I've heard so much about you."He smiled but it looked forced for some reason.

"Only good things I hope.'' He responded nonchalantly blinking slowly at the man with a hidden gleam in his eyes.

" Sure." He laughed with the same gleam in his eyes.

Cheng Qi and Wang Linxue eyes met briefly in question. Cheng Qi shrugged as if understanding what was running through her head.

The whole table could see the tension between the two men but what it was about was confusing.
Where these two fighting over the same thing or what?

"Can we join you? There's always a discount on more food per table here right?" Ling Zhirou asked eagerly to sit with them. And break whatever stare down was going on.

Shen Hui scoffed at the side.

" Yes, the more the merrier. Come on. Sit beside Xiang here ." Cheng Qi gestured towards the other male friend who was present.

Ling Zhirou was charming when she wanted to be and kept the table quite lively with the guys while the girls were silent throughout. Chi Minxia ate less when Ling Zhirou came and Long Yue barely existed at all on the table.

" Thanks for the meal guys, I had a great time here." Her laughter tinkled when they were outside. With her brother in tow. What was his deal anyway?

" You're always welcome anytime. Congrats again!" Cheng Qi said putting on his glasses.

Xi Jinwei had gone to call his bodyguard to bring the car so they could go and Long Yue went with Xiang since they lived in the same area.

" Thank you. Sister,we'll see each other soon won't we?" She hugged Wang Linxue who patted her back awkwardly.

" Yeah. "

" Be. Careful." She whispered harshly pulling back with a warm smile on her face.

Linxue's back tensed rigidly her heart speeding up for a moment watching her sister walk away with her brother. Sh*t! She still had the report to submit by the end of today.

**************************

After seeing her friends off,Wang Linxue decided to return to her home, Xi Jinwei insisted on sending her back at her place safely so he would be at ease with himself.

Hands clasped together they silently strolled into her apartment. As Wang Linxue placed they keys into the door, she found it already open. Her smile immediately fell from her face.

Who broke in?

The door immediately fell open before she had anytime to react. " Linxue, you're finally home. Oh ,who is this?"

"Mr Nuo! You and my mother should be arriving next week!You should have made told me so I meet you at the airport." Her heart calmed down after seeing who it was was.

" Don't fuss. We finished up our work early and got an early flight home. Besides you brought a guest?... " His gaze shifted past her daughter to the young man hovering behind her.

"Um, this is Xi Jinwei. " she responded hesitantly staring at the man.

He hummed noncommittally, continuing his stare-down inspection of the young man.

Wang Linxue rolled her eyes, ' Who was he ,her father?' She hasn't even heard from her real father for months though he clearly stated that they were over as a family but sometimes, it hurt.

"Is that you, dear? Oh, is that Xi Jinwei?I've been wanting to see him again. Come in ,come in."

Mr Nuo reluctantly stepped aside, still eyeing Xi Jinwei warily who in turn squeezed his girlfriend's hand tighter.

"Don't mind him. " She gestured at Mr Nuo who was looking over the two of them almost like a paranoid father. "Come, have some tea I brought from my trip and tell me about your day." She led them away, shooting him a pointed look.

He mouthed ' What? ' to which she rolled her eyes.

Stepping forward, Xi Jinwei bowed respectfully. "Good afternoon, Ms. Fang."  he said politely through his bashful smile.

"Mm. Here come sit." She waved at him eagerly.

"Mom, Jinwei is very busy." She replied for him not willing for him to stay especially with the side eye that was being directed at him .

" Are you dear? Do you want to sit for a bit? Don't mind Xue Xue."

" Thank you but, I have to go home and do some gardening for my grandmother. I told her I would be home soon."

" Oh too bad. Here, give this to your grandparents for me ."  Fang Luman handed over some of the unbrewed tea and waved him off almost like she was his mother.

Sometimes, her mother liked him more than her own daughter and it was really annoying sometimes. 

Jeez .She'd better marry him or else her mother would not let her hear the end of it.

Sorry ,if the latter part of the chapter kinda sucks. I have this roadmap to were I want my story to go but filling it in is kinda hard though.
Thanks for reading anyway and tell me what you think 😊😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 17.6K 47
A woman transmigrates into a novel, a pretty standard transmigration novel, right? "Um, can I just be the badass subordinate of this big villain?" Th...
60K 885 170
Xiang Xiaoyuan transmigrated to a book with a male lead, becoming the male lead's stepmother. However, being seventeen and in the middle of his adole...
2.9M 111K 138
Ye Zexi transmigrated as the big villain in a danmei novel, who shares the same name as him. Then, he found out that everyone regards him as an imagi...
48.2K 1.5K 25
In the novel, there are always characters who are strong, powerful, and on top of that have stunning appearances, but because of the plot arrangement...