I (dis)like you (Human AU: Of...

By ShadowAngel56

In a world where jobs are very demanding, and takes a lot more than dedication to fit into the line of work... More

Character Profile
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

121 5 22
By ShadowAngel56

*Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait. So, for those of you waiting or new to this, thank you for reading what I have so far as I introduce you a new story at hand for the looney tunes fanfics. Like the 'Rebellious Hearts' story, this one is a human AU multi-couple story that will now focus more on the relationship between Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner in a classic tale of enemies to lovers involving the hard work and dedication of two interns wanting the same big promotion without excepting what would happen next. If you forget who is who, check out the profile or read out the following: Waylon is Wile E Coyote, Ryder is Roadrunner, Dylan is Daffy, Brandon is Bugs, Penelope is Petunia, and Payton is Porky. Enjoy! ❤️🙏

In the world of busy streets and glimmering tall buildings within the Big Apple city, comes 21 year old Ryder, who was on his way to his first day of internship at a company called Harven, a social media company that markets and promotes awareness for the branding of organizations and businesses.

While 24 year old Waylon, who happens to be working for the same company, crosses paths with him in the opposite direction.

Not knowing that they were in each other's way....until suddenly!

"Ahhh!" Ryder yelled out right as he bumps into Waylon in a splat of coffee and donuts all together!

"Hey! Watch where you're going next time! You've just spilt coffee all over my new suit. Geez. Can't you just walk on the sidewalks properly like a normal human being?" Waylon spoke out, rudely.

"Wha! Me?! What about you?! Look what you did to my donuts?!" Ryder yelled out, irritated.

"Oh please, you could get more of those Shipley donuts anytime." Waylon remarked while rolling his eyes, annoyed.

"Gasp! How dare you! Those donuts were Krispy Kreme's! I had to wait 30 minutes to get a fresh batch!" Ryder gasped out, offended.

"Oh boo hoo. Like you couldn't replace a couple cheap made donuts. And anyways, I'm late to work now so, thanks a lot." Waylon retorted while looking at his watch irritated before shoving past him and walks away in the other direction.

Right as Ryder whirls around and tries to get back at him.

"Well, why don't you kiss my tail?! Huh?! Y-you load of crude! I hope the cleaners eat your suit up when they're done damaging it any further!" Ryder yelled out, angrily.

But obviously wasn't heard as the poor guy fumes out in frustration.

"Ooo! What a total jerk! Ryder grumbled out loud before heading in his own direction to work.

Without even realizing that he was going the wrong way.

————————————————————————

10 minutes later passed by later as Waylon now enters the Harven business building and checks in with the front desk for more information.

"Hi there. I'm new here and I need to know which floor to go to for the social media representative job." Waylon informed the receptionist in front of him.

"Of course. All employees of the marketing division will be on the 6th floor." The receptionist informs him, whose name tag says 'Penelope' on her uniform.

"Thank you. Have a good day." Waylon said politely before proceeding to elevator and reaches up to the 6th floor.

While Penelope the receptionist, on the other hand, sulks over on countertop in boredom.

"Sigh. Man. This job is so boring. I should have just applied for the marketing position instead. I could have enjoyed this place and made more money. Those bills aren't going to pay for themselves." Penelope mumbled in a slouch, not knowing that someone was coming up to her on the counter.

"H...hi Penelope." The person greeted shyly, but not before the poor girl jumped out of her skin!

"Ack! Oh....Sorry. I didn't see you there Payton." Penelope said once she recognized who it was.

"T...that's okay. I was wondering if you want to have lunch later when you get off on break." Payton offered.

"Oh sure. That would be lovely." Penelope said lovelily, clasping her hands dreamily.

"G...great then. I...I'll see you in about a few more hours then okay?" Payton asked, shyly before waving bye to her and left the area to go to the financial department of the building for work.

Leaving the receptionist, lovestruck.

"You too sweetie. Sigh. What a nice man. I just hope he could take me away from this place someday and marry me off into the sunset." Penelope mumbled to herself while blank gazing with her arms propped on the countertop in a daydream.

————————————————————————

Meanwhile, Waylon, who now reaches the 6th floor, walks into the office rooms, where he was immediately greeted by his bosses.

"Hi there, you must be Waylon. My name is Brandon and this is my husband Dylan, we are the CEO and founder for the company. You and Ryder will be working with the rest of team in that little conference room over there. We hope you both get into the feel of the marketing industry while enjoying its benefits in the social media world." Brandon introduced, politely.

"Wait. I'm sorry. You said me and who exactly?" Waylon asked, confused.

"Oh right, my apologies. You see, there was another guy that we have just hired as an intern on the same day as you and he was supposed to be here by now for his first day. But he might be running a bit late. However, if he doesn't show up in about five minutes, we can always-" Brandon was going to say until he was abruptly interrupted by squeaky shoes and a voice that has been gasping for air coming over to all of them in a heave.

"Wait! Pant. I'm....pant...here!" Ryder called out while rushing over to them in a huff from all the running.

Oh, I don't believe this.

Waylon thought shaking his head annoyed when he recognizes that it was the same guy he had just bumped into earlier on his way over.

"Oh good you're just in time then. Waylon. This is Ryder. We want to welcome you both to our team." Brandon introduced again.

"S...sorry. I pant. I went to the wrong street and had to...." Ryder tried to explain his tardiness to Brandon and Dylan until he looked over to the far left and changed expressions once he recognizes the jerk from before.

"Gasp! You!" Ryder yelled out, angrily.

"Yes?" Waylon said, rhetorically with his eyebrow raised up.

"What are you doing here?!" Ryder asked, angrily.

"I work here. What are you doing here?" Waylon asked rudely, crossing his arms annoyed.

"Haha. I can see that you two have already met." Brandon said, laughing while Dylan has a 'really?' look on his face.

"Yes, we have. And we obviously don't like to be near each other without Mr. Donut ruiner over here, knocking over your breakfast." Ryder complained in a sour tone.

"Pfft. Says the guy who spilled fresh hot coffee on my new suit. You're lucky I had an extra spare in the trunk of my car in case an imbecile like you, messed it up." Waylon remarked, rudely.

"What?! Why you...." Ryder shouted out while trying to find the right words to say back at him.

Until their little heated battle got interrupted by Brandon, who knew the tension would get feisty if he didn't stop them soon.

"Okay, okay. Let's just all relax and try to get along, okay? Why don't you two go introduce yourselves over to team and we'll be in right there with you in a moment for your first meeting." Brandon offered.

"Grr. Alright. But if I'm sitting anywhere, I will be getting that little corner seat in the back of the room." Ryder suggested in irritation.

"Works fine with me as long as I get to be far away from this clumsy oaf." Waylon retorted back in a snicker.

"What did you just call me?!" Ryder yelled out before the two shoved each other on their way to the conference room.

Leaving the bosses with wide eyes, but at the same time, started laughing at the interns.

"Pfft. What a couple of pigeons. They're really going to kill each other aren't they?" Dylan asked with a chuckle.

"Possibly, but I think they'll eventually get along soon enough. They just need to get to know each other first." Brandon noted.

"Heh. That sounded like us when we first worked together." Dylan mentioned.

"Oh yeah. I remember how aggravating it was to be working with you. Day and night. With all the arguing and such that would drive us both berserks. But, if I may recall, I remember you become the 'hot shot' of the team before we even made a truce and started dating." Brandon explained.

"Yeah right. I was nothing until you came along and your brilliant mind is what brought us to be working well with each other. Saved us both actually from getting fired." Dylan corrected.

"Aww. I'm the genius? How thoughtful for you to say." Brandon said, sweetly.

"Don't push your luck. I was just making a point." Dylan said with a smirk.

"And a good one too. But that's why I love you." Brandon said before kissing him lightly on the cheek.

Causing Dylan's face to redden fast, before he tries to waver it off from distracting him, further.

"Alright. Alright. Enough with the sap talk. We need to get to the conference room fast, before they end up cutting each other's throats." Dylan suggested as the two CEOs joined the others in the conference room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 36 4
For legal reasons any characters depicted in the story are 18+ and any animals are people wearing costumes I had a description here before just imag...
407K 16.9K 33
Casey Stratford and Ryder Cavanaugh are not friends. They're barely even acquaintances. But when Casey gets dumped and she's resigned herself to do e...
322K 4.2K 38
Daniella has been adored by her brothers her whole entire life, but growing up with her brothers and meeting a lot of their friends, she grows to dis...
An Escort By ♡

Fanfiction

22.6K 613 47
"I'll be the one you love to hate" - true story, Ariana Grande "I'm the love of your life until I make you mad." - 1 step forward 3...