The Desired Constellation (Mi...

By IconicMichael

Two lost souls wander through the darkness. The darkness fades as soon as the two gaze in each other's eyes... More

Zone One : Empty Prayers
Zone Two : Where Are You Now?
Zone Three : Diamonds and Emeralds
Zone Four : Midnight Ride
Zone Five : Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Zone Six : Heroin Baby
Zone Seven : Venus As A Boy
Zone Eight : Wake Up, Sleepyhead!
Zone Nine : Light Me Up
Zone Ten : Survival
Zone Twelve : Justify My Love (Pt. 1)
Zone Thirteen - Justify My Love (Pt. 2)

Zone Eleven : Down On The West Coast

289 16 7
By IconicMichael

Time is nothing but an illusion. A tool that we use against ourselves. We shut down so many chances and opportunities because of time. During our presence on this Earth, we feel chased by an unknown force. This magnetic power makes us feel pressured. It makes us older with each second. We're always in a hurry. Too busy to pay attention to our feelings. We put material wealth above emotional security. And in this desperate search for recognition and success we fail to realize that ultimately, we were looking for love. The purest kind of love that, ironically, was inside our heart the whole time.

The need for protection was overwhelming for Reese. It wasn't the first time she was going through this. It was more of an emotional crisis that took over her body, mind and spirit. She was fortunate enough to have Michael in that moment. His shiny, sparkly eyes reminded her of a child. His hands cupped Reese's face. In that moment he could feel it inside his soul. He was there for a reason - to protect her. It was his mission to take this girl he barely knew out of that place and take her with him.

"We should go now. I am not going to leave you. Ever." The way he chose to pronounce those words sounded more like an oath. He meant it. Reese could sense his love. He emanated sincerity through each pore. "I should pack a few things...Where are we going?" She was confused but in a good way. This sense of adventure took over her. She was going to spend some time away from all the craziness with a man she truly cared for.

"Los Angeles. I already talked to Will, my driver. We should get there pretty fast. I am so happy that I'll be with you there. My producer puts so much pressure on me..." They began to walk toward the elevator. Michael caressed her cheek with his thumb. She gave him a shy look. "I am here for you. We'll get through this." , she replied. His mind was racing. He felt a huge pressure on his chest that kept him from breathing normally. Being a huge celebrity was exhausting, especially for such a sensitive person like him.

"I'll wait for you right here." he said as the elevator finally arrived. Reese nodded while pushing the 10th button. They looked in each other's eyes as the elevator doors closed. A small smile appeared on Michael's lips. He knew that she would get him out of this misery. Reese ran to her suite. Unlocking the door, she grabbed a suitcase and stuffed inside it a few clothes, a tooth brush, a hair comb, the perfume she wore at the party and two pairs of shoes. She didn't even have enough time to look into the mirror. What will her employees think if she chose to run away like that?

Her mind was restless. Sometimes, people are forced to take quick decisions and trust their gut. That's what she had to do. It was time for her to be unapologetic. Running to the elevator, she pushed the button and leaned against a mirror. The sound of the elevator was giving her a headache. In that moment, she wanted to sleep in Michael's arms. She needed to disconnect.

Michael's faith was soon restored when he saw her carrying the heavy suitcase. "Let me help you, Reese." he said, grabbing it from her hand and giving her a mischievous look at the same time. Reese covered her face. "Don't look at me like that. I look like a mess..." He shook his head. "You're perfect to me." Her heart was pounding. His words were like honey poured over her aching soul.

As they left the hotel, Will, a tall black man greeted them. Michael's trustworthy driver. Reese could see his shiny white teeth from a mile. "Mister Jackson! Pass that suitcase!" Will grabbed the suitcase and put in the trunk of the Rolls Royce. "Good to see you, Will!" Michael was relieved to see him. Reese got inside the black car and waited for him to join her. Throwing himself next to her, Michael shut the car door and gave Will a nod. They were ready to leave.

Michael looked at Reese for almost a minute. He was discovering yet another side of her complex personality. She was sitting there with her hands intertwined and her head down. Her eyes kept blinking but didn't move. Her throat was stuck, her mouth was sown up. Just like a punished child. He moved closer to her. His arms wrapped around her body. In that moment, she gazed into his eyes and smiled slightly. Was her presence a burden to him in that moment? She was blaming herself for going on this trip.

Michael kissed her throbbing temple. Her hands moved to his knees. "I am sorry for pressuring you to take me with you." Michael rarely felt mad. He was always in control of his emotions, but this was too much. "Never ever say that again. I need you here more than you can even imagine, Reese. I need to feel your soft touch..." Her lips brushed over his. Their eyes closed. His curls smelled like spring flowers.

"I am so lost without you, Michael. You came into my life so fast. I couldn't even process what was happening to me." The words came out of her mouth unconsciously. She was comfortable enough to speak her mind. Caressing his curls, she began to suck on his bottom lip. Michael felt butterflies all over his stomach. There was something dark but divine about their encounter. "It's like you're reading my mind, girl. I feel so humbled by your presence." Her cheeks turned red all of a sudden. This had to be the poet side of Michael talking.

Who would have known that a man like him would share such intimate thoughts? Michael kissed her lips so deeply and passionately that her breath stopped for more than five seconds. She parted her lips to take in a deep breath and rested her head on his shoulder. His hand traveled to her chest. The love they shared was insatiable. It was obvious in that moment that it was impossible for them to get closer to each other. Their bodies were pressed together.

The tiredness finally took over. She closed her eyes and fell asleep once again, in the arms of this loving man that she adored. Will kept driving down the long driveway, checking his watch from time to time, making sure they'd get there in time. Michael looked out the window and listened to her slow breath. With his chin on top of her head, he gazed at the big, blue sky. Finally, after all the struggle, a drop of harmony.

He fell asleep after a few minutes. Their troubles finally faded. Will kept quiet and smiled widely. It's been long since he saw Michael this happy. He was always used to seeing him stressed out. Sometimes, he felt quite guilty for not trying to cheer him up. But who was this woman he held so tightly? It was strange how this strong bond formed in such a short time. Will was curious.

He was Michael's employee for over ten years. Joseph Jackson was his best friend. Will and Michael often had talks about the early years of his career. Joseph was always talking to Will on the phone, often trying to check on Michael. He was a control freak when it came to his children's careers, especially Michael's.

Will let out a sigh of relief as soon as he entered Los Angeles. He was tired. It was 8 PM. Ten minutes and they would arrive at Quincy's recording studio. Michael opened his eyes just a bit, checking on Reese. He began placing a trail of soft kisses on her jaw. "We're almost there, Reese." he whispered sweetly in her ear.

She stretched her legs and grinned. Her eyes opened. Reese felt violently happy in that moment. "Michael, I shouldn't come to the studio with you..." Michael didn't think of that, it definitely took him by surprise. It was true. She was right. Quincy would probably act like an ass. "Quincy is pretty much a handful. But we need to stick together. I'll convince him..." She knew that he was in a difficult situation. Trying to make it easier for him, Reese touched his hand softly. "It's alright. I'll see you in the morning. Madonna's apartment is near the studio. She always told me that I should spend the night at her place. I guess now's the time."

Michael raised his eyebrows? Madonna? "But she's so mean. Are you guys friends?" Reese giggled. She knew Madonna since she was a teenager, back when she used to visit Michigan. They always had fun together. Michael was probably outraged by her public persona. "Yeah, she's hilarious. Whenever we get together, we end up drunk in stripper bars." She laughed loudly but Michael didn't know what to say. Stripper bars? Jesus!

"I don't know what to say about that, babygirl...That chick is crazy! Everybody's talking about her." Will finally stopped the car. They arrived. "Don't worry, Michael. You should come over once you're finished with Quincy." Michael was having second thoughts about this. He was surely going to miss her. "You know where her apartment is, right? I heard that you went to her place once when you were trying to befriend her..." Michael nodded and smiled coyly. "We watched a movie. But she kept talking dirty to me. I got out of there as quickly as I could!"

They giggled and got out of the car. Will was waiting with Reese's suitcase in his hand. Offering it to her, he smiled widely and studied her. He was sure that he never saw her before. He had to tell Joseph about this new girl. Maybe she was a gold digger trying to get into Michael's pockets? Who knew? A country girl? It was his job to make sure Michael was safe.

Michael hugged Reese tightly, placing a wet kiss on her neck, trying to let her know that he'll be thinking of her... a lot. She pulled him closer and whispered in his ear: "I'll miss you...And I'll think of you tonight." Michael felt beyond aroused. He was fantasizing and daydreaming about her all the time. "Me too. I'll come visit tonight, probably around 2 AM." They finally let each other go. Will wave and got into his car as he watched his boss enter the recording studio. With his phone near his ear, he waited for the other person to pick up the phone. "Yo, Joseph! You won't believe this, man!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 688 27
This story is about a girl,Rose,who had a crush on Michael Jackson when they were kids.But,for an unknown reason,they became enemies.They both search...
256 2 12
A romance between two beautiful souls. They fell in love, everything goes perfectly and is like they are living their dream. Every day feels like if...
151K 6.6K 73
⚠️ Copyright © 2018 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...
9K 571 14
When a charming and flirtatious man comes into a small town's vintage diner with a literal big bang, he turns the life of a waitress upside down. Bad...