A Perfect Match

By AuthorKatherineRose

Welcome to 1926. The beginning of Hollywood. But for actress and petulant diva Victoria Singh--a woman who's... More

INTRODUCTION/AESTHETICS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
AUTHOR'S NOTE

SIXTEEN

22 7 3
By AuthorKatherineRose

Driving through the streets of LA while trying my best to recover from the terrible experience of having the pleasure of being on the 'Rick & Marty Radio Show,' I kept glancing back in front to watch Danny from afar.

He had been awfully quiet since our little disagreement and had been in what seemed like deep thought over something. Though I had far too much on my own mind as it is to dwell on it now.

"You're going the wrong way." I uttered out, observing my surroundings.

We were scheduled to head back to my house, where I could be left in peace to digress from the eventful day until I had to meet back on set. Though by the peering around me, it was an entirely new direction that appeared rather dare I say—beautiful, compared to the bustling streets I normally took to get there.

It was a long road for sure. But the full spread of greenery and fields of wondrous flowers that I had never noticed the city even produced...it was so peaceful.

"No we're not. I'm just taking a scenic route to the mansion." He finally spoke.

No kidding. "Oh really? And did I specifically ask for this...scenic route?"

It was like he couldn't do any job correctly I gave him. He was a terrible assistant and now a terrible driver. I'm surprised dating me was astronomically better.

"Nope! But I figured maybe you wouldn't mind it since you clearly need to relax. Luckily for us, I take this way all the time whenever you call asking for double shots of espresso or whatever else you practically patronize me for."

It was like this man hardly had any filter when speaking with me. Oddly I was for some reason still accepting it...and kinda not minding either deep down inside, after a while.

I smirked, rolling my eyes and muttering. "No wonder why you're always so late."

He let out a sly snicker. "For your information, what I actually drive is not some swanky car like this...or a car at all. So yes, it does take a bit longer for me to get to you from wherever I go. Sorry everyone isn't rich and famous like you, and can buy whatever they want at any time. Just relax and think of it as some sort of shortcut."

"Oh! So now I'm a bad navigator?" I asked, becoming offended.

"Don't be ridiculous. I think you're a lot of things. But bad navigator is the nicest of those opinions. Trust me." He grunted.

"I don't trust anyone." I pointed out, crossing my arms.

"Well, how do you think I feel?" He fired back, halfway turning to me and chuckled in an almost disdain tone.

I didn't have time for these foolish tit for tats right now. Of course I'm always gonna be the one to blame for what happened, but look at him now. He was living the life he truly always wanted all along. So really he should be thanking me in a way if anything.

"We're still gonna need some gas in a few minutes." I let out, gesturing to the mileage and tank of what was becoming left of it.

Turning back to take a look at it, he was quick to disagree. "Oh no we're not. We're doing just fine. From what I usually run on, it still has some action in its life. Unlike you I'm assuming?" He smugly urged.

Some nerves. It wasn't my fault other men out there couldn't handle a real one like me.

Scoffing at his incredibly horrid comment, I forced myself to look anywhere else but to him. However as life would have it and before I knew it myself, the car suddenly slowed down.

And soon, it came to an abrupt halt as my head shot over to him. "What the devil?!"His eyes were widened as well. "I guess I should've changed that to a few seconds." I informed, fanning myself as the increasingly hot and muggy California air started to seep into the ride without the cool breeze. "Collins!"

"Don't Collins me. I'll see what I can do. These hayburners sure don't last very long." He said, trying to keep restarting the dang thing.

"Kinda like how your action feels?" I sarcastically grinned—even if I technically didn't really mean it. He then glared at me icicly before we both realized we still had a bigger issue on our hands right now. "Besides, why did you think I was scheduled soon to get a new one like every other year?" I groaned in distress.

"No way! That's actually a real thing?!" He asked, becoming fascinated.

Ugh, I was not gonna get into this with him right now. We didn't have time for this baloney. He had better fix this. "Collins!" I shouted again, more agitated.

He hit the wheel annoyed and nodded, getting out of the car to pop the hood open. Being the nosy woman I was typically however, I soon followed suit leaning against the door on the passenger side. Lifting it up, he started to try to hit the engine a few times so that it may get it to go farther a bit longer until we got to the nearest station. Wherever that may be.

I didn't see any familiar roadway signs from my perspective yet—still admiring the delightful view.

"Hey, don't get your brassiere all balled up in a twist. Just hold my things real quick for me darlin,' and I can assure you we'll be hitting the road in no time." He took his jacket and fedora off.

Like he had any say in what my brasserie was doing. He sailed that ship a long time ago.

Staring at him and his stuff bitterly though, I broke out into a small sarcastic laugh. "Excuse me? I'm a movie star, not a coat rack." But yet as he peered at me similarly, he still tossed the thing right at my face. I glared angrily—though managing to still catch it. Oh, I was so tempted to throw it in a nearby mud puddle next if only there was one around. "Collins!"

"Do you want to go home or not?!" He snapped back. I tapped my feet impatiently on the ground while he accompanied my moves with a coy nod. "Good. That's what I thought. You need to start pulling your weight around here in some form anyway. If not, there's a very lonely walk ahead alone if you prefer that." He concentrated further on the vehicle.

"Well, you are known to be the one that leaves people." I mumbled.

"What did you say to me?!" He asked, annoyed himself.

"Nothing!" 

"Finally!"

"Then hurry up!"

"I will!"

Ugh! What a pathological goof. I always got the last word.

"Okay, so we do have some good news and bad news." He then spoke again, as I turned attentively toward him. "The good news is that yes, we do need some gas and nothing is really broken with it. The bad news however, we're gonna have to get to a part of town where we call a tow to come get it, on foot. Unfortunately, the only route I take is too long. Do you happen to know where we can walk to with a shorter distance?" He now wondered, seeing four directions we could enter.

Rolling my eyes, I nodded wanting to punch him in the face like before—but this time on purpose for being so reckless and careless of not checking these things beforehand. Though observing around further past his big head, I suddenly saw something that shook me to my core.

Oh, I found another direction alright. It was just one I had refused to ever go to as long as I lived. Especially with him.

"Yep..." I stared toward a sign right behind him.

Slowly glancing to face what I had my eye on with a baffled look, his muscular body froze too. The oxygen began to be sucked from his body as much as mine was—both of us knowing the universe just wanted to play an evil practical joke.

"Aw horsefeathers." Danny sighed in distressed.

'2 MILES AWAY, THE HOLLYWOOD LOUNGE'

If only I could walk into oncoming traffic instead.

  🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

The Hollywood Lounge? That sounds familiar ;)

I wonder who they're gonna see! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 1.5K 45
đź“–Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading listđź“– Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
1.4M 32.2K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
4.9M 267K 69
Cassie, a famous singer tossed into an arranged marriage with a powerful billionaire to save her reputation, finds herself developing an unexpectedly...
1.8M 45.3K 66
I look out the window behind him and take both of his hands in mine. Should I tell him? Would I open up old wounds that I've tried so hard to heal, f...