NOT A TYRANT

By COSKING

His deep emerald eyes were ingrained in her mind- forever staring at her like a beautiful flower amongst wilt... More

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER | SECOND BOOK
Chapter 1 | Start it Anew
Chapter 2 | Can You Keep a Secret?
Chapter 3 | The Child Escapes
Chapter 4 | Betrayal From a Stranger
Chapter 5 | A New Name
Chapter 6 | She's Not Interested
Chapter 7 | His Unrelenting Love
Chapter 8 | Muscular and Beautiful
Chapter 9 | The Diner's Guardian
Chapter 10 | Living in a Hole
Chapter 11 | A New Place to Live
Chapter 12 | A Few Secrets Told
Chapter 13 | Beta-Boy's Sass
Chapter 14 | She Makes a Move
Chapter 15 | Father's Rage
Updated Book Cover
Chapter 16 | Teenage Desire
Chapter 17 | She's the Tyrant
Chapter 18 | Her Sister
Chapter 19 | Eyes Behind the Walls
Chapter 20 | Club Mischeif
Chapter 21 | GO BACK TO FRANCE
Chapter 22 | You've Made a Mistake
Chapter 23 | Running From the Man She Loves
Chapter 24 | Give Me My Sister Back
Chapter 25 | Promise Me with a Kiss
Chapter 26 | Carnival Fun
Chapter 27 | The Alpha's Possessiveness
Chapter 28 | Ratted Out
Chapter 30 | The Legendary Lycan
Chapter 31 | Never Back Down Again
Chapter 32 | Mother's Appearance
Chapter 33 | The Blood Goddess
Chapter 34 | All-Out War
Chapter 35 | Medusa's Curse
Chapter 36 | Grief
THIRD BOOK | MOON'S LILY

Chapter 29 | You Are Worthy

563 24 3
By COSKING

A large, firm hand roughly whacked her bottom.

"Dick!" She'd hiss, waving at his hand rapidly as he snatched his wrist away.

Cronus grinned widely, regardless of her threatening glare and French swears.

Today was cold- winter fully settling in. A foot of snow had built up outside, unusually higher than usual. In Washington, winters are relatively warmer and build a few inches at most. Frost hung from the edges of roofs, frost coating windows and walls.

The pair wandered out the front door, completely nude. The moon shone upon the pair as Riot danced in the snow- raising her feet high as her feet screamed from the cold.

"Fuck!" She'd swear, "Fuck this!" 

The taller man laughed out loud. He enjoyed her intolerance- tensing as she climbed onto him. Riot sighed with relief once her legs were wrapped around his waist.

"It's not that bad." He'd chuckle lowly- chest vibrating against her body.

"It's fucking cold!" The she-wolf howled, "How can you just stand there?!"

He'd pat her butt, "Warriors are trained to handle the snow with their bare feet, baby."

A shiver shook her spine- though not from the cold. That new nickname was cute.

"Jackass."

"I aim to please."

The two finally shifted after a moment of complaining from the alpha female.

In wolf form- the roles switched entirely.

Artio's beautiful form was massive- the white wolf towering over Midas' black wolf. His head was up to her mid-neck, just below her own head. 

Riot, in control, snickered at her lover. He'd roll his eyes at her and dig his paws into the snow- leaping forward and bolting into the forest's depths. She'd speed after him, tail waving in the air in excitement.
She cheekily nipped at his rear as they ran- him throwing his head over his shoulder and chuffing at her with narrowed eyes. He'd leap off to the side and slow to a stop at the edge of the forest. They were on top of a hill overlooking a large lake.

She'd bounce toward him- pressing her head against his shoulder and rubbing her teeth against his fur. He'd nip at her neck playfully.

Ice blue eyes met shimmering emerald ones.

The she-wolf stared him down- pupils getting larger as their tails swept side-to-side.

Cronus suddenly play bowed, making her play bow back. She'd run away from him- the nipping at her tail telling her he was just behind her. He'd keep loudly chuffing.

Slowing down, the female lay on her side and whined. She watched him jog up to her and nuzzle his nose into her stomach. All of this behavior felt so brainless- but they were entirely communicating in wolf.

"I'm going to run around." Midas' deep, gravely voice broke through her mind. 

Raising his head- her mate's black eyes met hers. She'd nod her head in affirmation.

"Do you want to come with me?" He'd ask her with the tilt of his head.

Riot stood up. "I'm going to lay by the lake." She'd say, "Stay nearby."

"Hard to keep me away." His snicker echoed, making her roll her eyes.

He'd trot away, bouncing energetically, into the forest. Nearby bushes ruffled as he broke into a sprint.

With her head lowered- she'd slowly lumber down the small hill and up to the lake's edge. Riot looked up and noticed the beautiful white moon shining in the sky. A trail of light reflected off the lake's surface.
The full moon spoke to her tonight. When she used to peer upon it, it looked at her with a frown at her misery. But tonight- the moon smiled upon her joy. She wasn't lonely anymore- she wasn't a rogue. She's met the Goddess' purpose.

Being back with Cronus truly did fix everything. She fought so hard at the thought for so long.

Trailing her eyes down at the lake's edge- her reflection bounced back. "Artio?" Riot thought softly, bringing her wolf out from the depths of her mind. "Yes?" She'd hum.

Her wolf no longer spoke to her through gritted teeth or animosity. She was happy.

"I'm sorry." Her ears bent back as her shoulder slumped, "... I shouldn't have ignored you. You were right."

"You were right all along."

Silence rose between the two. Dead leaves fell from the empty trees- ruffling as they landed on snow-covered bushes.

"Thank you." Artio cooed softly, "But, that's the past. We're happy now, Riot." Her wolf comforted her.

"The only issue we have now is mother. That is all."

Riot looked back up at the moon. Her wolf looked through her eyes as they shared a sight of the beautiful moon. The Moon Goddess, the mother of the werewolf, looks upon her children from the eyes of the moon itself. She felt safe under her watchful eye.

She raised her slumped shoulders.

The Moon Goddess was who she wanted to thank. Her destiny lined up for her and ended with such kindness and love.

Being a werewolf... wasn't a curse.

Artio perked in her subconscious at this thought. She seemed to be in shock.

She doesn't regret being a werewolf, and she's happy River can share this bond with her own wolf.

It almost felt like everything clicked. The puzzle pieces were finally pushed together- Artio and Riot's hearts were pushed back together. They were one again.

The moon shone brighter, nearly enough to see as if it were the sun.

"I've always wondered how you knew so much more than me." Riot hummed. She'd bow into herself and shift back into a human. The woman lay on the soft grass.

Artio sighed. "I... don't know much." The wolf muttered, "I remember being the wolf for another woman. But... she died."

"Next thing I knew, I was in your subconscious."

Fascinating. How does that even work? Is that the work of the Moon Goddess?

"Whatever happened..." Riot smiled at the sky, "You saved my life."

The moon is starting to feel brighter and brighter. She'd rub her eyes- getting up and staying seated on the grass. 

Her skin was suddenly itchy. She'd rapidly itch herself, skin crawling at every point. Her joints ached, and she was beginning to feel hot. Riot's fingers dug into her scalp- itching it roughly- before itching her shoulders and arms. 
Looking down- Riot noticed her toenails were longer and shaper than normal. It's as if they grew a few inches- what the fuck? Artio shared her confusion and panic, rushing to heal anything- but nothing was hurt.

"God, I'm fucking itchy..." She'd mutter under her breath, getting up and standing. Her longer claws itched her legs until she could see bright red marks. "What the hell is going on?"

"Riot?" Artio panickly called out.

She felt her bones beginning to snap- as if she was shifting. 

But it hurt.

It fucking HURT.

Holding her head with the palm of her hands, the most beautiful voice echoed through her mind. It whisped through her body like a lullaby.

"You are worthy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 145K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...
4.2M 100K 91
After the Lycan overtake of the government, many things changed for humans. This includes Paige White, who because of being human, is mistreated, bea...
698K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...
10.6K 438 24
He had lived every day as the one before. One after the last the days blurred together. He wanted nothing more than to find something to live for. To...