That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 10: Academy prelude

1.5K 72 74
By elite3532

3rd Pov

3 years later after Dawn's debut as an adventurer/Traveler...during those years, Dawn had acquired precious experience being against monsters or humans.

Bandits, mindless monsters or annoying clients...he had seen a lot of things without forgetting his physical and magical training.

Now 11, Dawn walked through a dense forest going back home...he didn't travel much as he had to stay near Muth so he could come back in time.

The sun was rising slowly piercing the darkness of this forest through the leaf...Dawn removed his mask, his hair had grown a little barely reaching his neck.

His gray eyes became fiercer and the previous human light had grown weaker...he had slowly lost more and more of his sympathy as his human kill count increased.

A sword at his wrist, he walked soundlessly and once he could see the end of the forest...he disappeared into a series of Burst steps.

Reaching his home in a few seconds, he stared at his own hand...a smile forming he knew he had become stronger.

Dawn :  3 months and a half, before I go to the academy...ahh, time sure flies fast.

Muttering those words, he removed his clothes and went to take a shower before joining his mother for breakfast.

Over the last 3 years, Dawn had gone on multiple missions...to say he was one of the most active travelers.

He was shorter than most but still his fellow traveler had to respect him as while they were off resting, this kid was working.

But to Dawn's disappointment, he hasn't met Chloe once...she had told him that they will work together but it seems at the end she was too busy for that.

Her name as the chosen hero was growing as the day passed...and Dawn saw her fame growing everyday.

Seeing her advance, he got motivation...their reunion can wait for centuries, as long down they manage to attain pseudo immortality.

Anyway, today Dawn had a special program as he was going to see Sola in the academy...after long reflection he had chosen the same school since it was the most beneficial..

Getting ready, he was also scouting first the school ground so he won't get too lost after joining.

Snowie : (Master should stop thinking too much or he'll get late.)

Dawn : Oh sorry, bad habit.

As time passed Snowie and Dawn grew closer, they learned more of each other and could trust the other.

They also started talking more casually and had random chats whenever they were alone.

Snowie also became a sort of advisor as Dawn wasn't an omniscient being, in contrast most of his thinking and plan had a tone of weakness and neglected point...

Snowie being smarter and more experienced, she could naturally bring excellence to Dawn's mediocre talent.

Now down, Dawn said goodbye to his mother and the entire carriage for the academy.

The travel was short as they just drove through the capital before ending in front of a sort of castle-like academy.

Dawn got out of the carriage and stared up at the immense building.

Dawn : It sure is big...(They didn't give an exact number but I would guess this academy has space for around 2000 students.)

It was certainly impressive but the school back in his past lives was much more.

The campus didn't have much as the building was reserved for class and separately two buildings for the dorms...as for the meal system.

You were allowed to eat outside as the whole part of the city accommodated the academy.

Most of the shops near this school are restaurants and food stands.

Dawn : Interesting.

He could see a few students walking holding books or their swords...the academy is separated into two factions.

The mage and knight...Dawn chose the mage course as swordsmanship isn't his priority.

Plus, in the mage course you got a class about the chosen few...a group of people who obtained ability from heaven themself.

Dawn : Well that's just the human's way to call the holder of a unique skill.

Their knowledge about it is limited, it will increase in the future but now Dawn is probably the one who has the best knowledge about unique skills in the kingdom.

What he was after wasn't the knowledge but the device the kingdom was using to see if one has a unique skill.

Humans don't understand it yet can use it...Dawn wants to discover the secret behind it and hopefully he will learn something he didn't know from the novel.

This was just a side quest he put on himself, naturally the main point was to make his magic better.

Random student : Did you hear, the major once again broke a record.

Random student : Yeah ! She is incredible. I wish I could have her as my fiance.

Random student : Dream it, she is part of a viscount family she is out of our league.

Random student : Ugh, you're right...

Dawn could overhear some casual chatting, suddenly he got a bad feeling as he registered the information.

The major they were talking about is probably the major of the school, a role given to only one student in the entire academy.

The one who has the best overall being physical or mental exam...why does i feel Sol-

Sola : Yo, been a while right.

Dawn : ...

Sola Pov

When I learned that Dawn-kun was coming, I couldn't help but smirk and for the first time skipped class.

He could have at least told me a week before so I could arrange my schedule...but I had to learn it while being in theoretical class.

Ahh, anyway...i got up earning the attention of the few hundred students constituting my class along with the teacher.

Teacher : Mms Lavane, is there perhaps anything wrong ?

He instantly became nervous, logic since the start of my school life I quickly imposed myself as the best student and even the teacher couldn't manage my supposed excellence.

It was boring but this academy helped me focus on my training at least.

Sola : No, I will just leave this class.

Bowing lightly, I didn't wait for his answer and walked through the door...the career of this teacher will surely take a turn now that the best student to have ever set foot in this academy left his class midway.

Not my problem, he was a scumbag anyway...everyone here is, and with my high status I can't even go to the lower class and talk to them.

As they would either bow or run away...but it doesn't matter anyway, Dawn-kun is coming so i have to welcome him at least.

Under the gaze of some students, she walked through the corridor and reached the front of the school and waited.

Finally, I saw the crest of the Arceid on one of the many carriages...I smirked and waited.

Sola : It has been a while...

Staring at Dawn-kun, he stood up on the ground staring at the building...he didn't notice me and instead went on thinking or analyzing, i don't really know.

He became taller...a bit more than despite being 4 years younger...t-this is unfair !

Also what's up with this haircut ? I can't say if it looks good or not...

Anyway, I should greet him.

Dawn Pov

I turned around meeting the eyes of a young lady, her blonde hair shining like gold.

Sola...she sure had grown beautifully and her eyes...something had changed in her but i can't pinpoint it.

Sola : Mou ! How are you so tall !

Dawn : Well, i'm just above average.

That's true, it's just Sola who is extremely short...she is 15 now but her height is one of a 12 years old.

She can't be called a loli but she can't be called tall either.

Dawn : Anyway, yes it has been a while.

I gave her a small smile while side eyeing the surroundings...a small group of students were staring at us from everywhere.

I guess that confirms my suspicion, Sola is the major of the academy.

Dawn : You sure cause me trouble.

Sola : Sorry sorry but you have to get used to that, in my last 2 years here I do intend to pass time with you.

Dawn : Well, I didn't intend to hide either so it's fine.

Even so I don't plan to stay here for too long..grabbing Sola's hand and under the squeal or glare of the students around.

I quickly led us to an isolated area without prying eyes.

Sola : There is an unused room on your left.

Dawn : Ok.

Doing as she suggested, we end up in an empty room... sort of a training ground for knights.

I scanned the surroundings for an instant before turning my attention to Sola.

Dawn : You sure grow up, you're almost as tall as me.

Sola : Ugh.

3rd Pov

The two spent a dozen minutes discussing and catching up before Sola decided on her own to be Dawn's guide.

Going through the few buildings and showing him the classroom also he met a few teachers but didn't get much as they were all the stuck up type who only swear by talent and results.

The sun slowly flew through the sky as the dusk started...Dawn looking down at the city from the highest reachable point of the academy.

He didn't expect to spend a whole day visiting, this academy wasn't just big in size, it also had multiple places like an underground area or dozens of floors.

Dawn : Heh, i didn't expect much but maybe i can get something out of here.

Looking down, the knights class were having practice courses...to Dawn their swordsmanship was boring and merely consisted of swinging the sword heavily.

No real form, just pure show off...it does train the muscle and your balance but that's all.

Dawn : If every knight uses this meaningless style then when I reach my physical peak, no one will be able to match me with a sword here.

He was confident in that but there were still the royal guards which followed an entirely different military course.

Their swords technique must be better but to know that he will have to see them in action himself or fight one.

Dawn : Sola had shown me the magic instructor and none of them use chantless magic...

It was already teased in Tensura anime that chantless magic wasn't common even at Rimuru's era.

The children of Jeff-sensei, class A weren't able to do that despite Jeff being a top instructor for the human world.

That would mean Sola or Dawn, both of them could easily win a battle of magic.

Sola : Wakey wakey, you're dreaming again.

Suddenly appearing behind him, Sola held out a glass of water and Dawn accepted with a nod.

Both then sat down on the edge of the building, their feet above the void, the sun was going down on the horizon.

Sola : By the way, your stats have increased insanely, what kind of training did you do...

Dawn : Well just the usual.

Sola : I see (I can see his kill counts...i guess he decided to get rid of his humanity...i don't think i can do it yet.)

Sola bit her lips, she thought she had caught up with this boy younger than her, but everytime she looked at his stats and status.

He is growing extremely fast, due to his passive growth but also his training and effort.

Sola : (I have to train harder too, if i get left too much behind then i'll be as good as dead.)

She was always alone since she came into this world, until Dawn appeared. Since then she chased him maybe out of boredom or loneliness.

Even now, she felt no one was closer and more precious to her, and knowing how he could abandon her because she couldn't help.

It made her sick, even if at the end her unique skill would forever be useful to Dawn, he was still a factor she couldn't read or understand, his emotion and goals were unreadable.

But she was sure of it, if one day she fell too much behind...then she might be all alone again.

Sola : (just like before...i don't want to be left all alone again...i don't want to live through this in this new life.)

Closing her eyes, she had a bad time remembering trauma and darkness, but among this hell she was suddenly woken up as Dawn shook her shoulder.

Dawn : Now it's you who is dreaming...

Sola : Ah, i guess i took some bad habit from you/

Sighing, Sola looked down...she knew it wasn't the time to be held back by her trauma but still.

Until now she had never managed to overcome it fully.

Sola : Anyway, you should go...the school is gonna close and the guards are awfully annoying if someone stays longer than needed.

Dawn : I see then I shall go.

Getting up, Sola suddenly had a smirk forming on her face as she bashed Dawn's legs...he was startled and reacted when he was already falling down from the building.

Dawn : The fu-

Sola : Don't worry, the stairs are boring to take so this way is faster.

Dawn : Oy ! My wind magic isn't that advanced yet.

Sola : Don't sweat it, in the worst case I learned some healing spells.

Smiling, Sola's body glowed green as she condensed magic in her feet before waving her hand.

She then swiftly dived down before landing perfectly as the spell she casted nullified any fall damage she could have taken.

While Dawn was halfway down, he sighed and looked at the wall. If he grabbed it he would damage the structure and cause himself trouble with the administration.

At this speed and distance, he would at least break a few bones hitting the ground...his only available solution is magic

Strengthening his back with magicule, he then formed a few blocks of ice mid air...letting himself hit by then.

He managed to slow down his fall through the damage on his back that would haunt him the next day.

He ended his fall by sliding on the wall...it sure was unexpected but compared to the life death situation he had faced during his recent adventure.

This was like a light breeze.

Sola : Damn, you sure got stronger...accurately creating blocks of ice mid air.

Dawn : I want to say something but I feel it's going to be useless...

Sola : It will, there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

Dawn : I'll just go, I guess I'll see you in a few months.

Sola : Yup, cya Dawn-kun.

A hint of sadness in her voice, she reluctantly said goodbye...his back disappearing after he turned around a corner.

Sola just stared at the empty space, after a few instant she shook her head and left wordlessly.

Back to Dawn, after he left he walked through the academy with his reader skill, he already had a sort of map in his head.

Finally reaching the entrance of the academy, he walked down some long stair leading to a carriage waiting for him...a few students leaving too

The atmosphere was kind and warm, a light breeze hitting his face, he suddenly froze when he heard two adults walking past him.

With them a little girl from Dawn's age, her silver hair reaching down her shoulder, her blue eyes shone like gems.

Man : I told you sir ! This girl is a commoner, we shouldn't let her in such a prestigious academy !

Man 2 : Luna is a blessed being, commoner or not, she is going to be a weapon of quality for war later.

Man : Tch, i can't believe my ears ! This girl can barely hold her sword, her magicule may be higher than average but she can't even cast basic magic !

Man 2 : And ? We can always throw her away if she deems herself useless.

The two men talking, Dawn didn't register their words as he turned around, eyes widened...he continued to stare at the now named Luna's back.

Feeling his stare, she turned around...her ocean eyes tainted with coldness made contact with Dawn's gray eyes.

Both stared at each other while Luna was getting further away...her quick steps seem to have slowed down as Dawn felt something react in his chest.

It was not only him but Luna too...perhaps that's what the dark elf Reyna meant by destined fate.

Man 2 : You listen, Luna ? From now on you'll live here, don't disappoint me.

Luna : Hai...father.

Finally breaking eye contact, Luna answered...a voice that sounded like it has lost all will for life.

Man : I still can't believe you adopted a commoner among all people !

Man 2 : Shut it and lead the way, I need to talk to the director.

Man : Ahh ! I can't handle you really !

The three figures disappearing as they walked in the academy, Dawn stayed there outside alone...his right hand subconsciously reached for his chest.

He couldn't understand what was that, he had never met this girl before yet the moment their eyes collided...it was as if he felt her emotion.

A world of coldness...like the translation of her name, Luna...in french Lune.

The cold and distant moon that bring nothing but emptiness....

Dawn : Her name is Luna, huh...now I am sure, I have to come study here.

Totally sealing his resolve...he turned around and left feeling unsatisfied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 382 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
68.6K 1.5K 35
A being is born and lost inside of cave with only a few pieces of his memories, He encounters a very unexpected companion and with him goes onto adve...
67 1 7
In a world where superpowers, known as Quirks, define one's potential, Locke Lamora, a globally recognized art prodigy, confronts a reality that seem...
189K 2.8K 29
(Y/N) Leviathan is the son of the original devil king leviathan and an otherworldly angel his family hates him for his half blood. One day he meets a...