> Promises < K.J

By a_vegetable

"If you need to leave or need support, I won't be more than a feet away from you." He promised me. This was a... More

> Introduction <
> "Erm, I love you too?" <
> "Look over here for me!" <
> "Over some stupid boy!" <
> "Karl Jacobs?" >
> "You stream?" <
> "Welcome to another Banter episode!" <
> "Luke?" <
> "Restart?" <
> "Patches!" <
> Speechless <
> Adventure <
> What was I going to do? <
> HOME? <
> Oh, How you Make me So Confused <
> SPONTANEOUS <
> Dumbass <
> I Miss You <
> Heartbreak <
> Surprise! <
> Friends <
> Why? <
> I Love You <
> My Forever <
> PLUS ONE <

> "I Pinky Promise" <

116 4 3
By a_vegetable

"Honey, I belong with you and only you, baby
Only you, my girl, only you, babe (you)"
Dark Red - Steve Lacy

><

I paced our apartment, the first time in years I've been back in Los Angeles. Tonight was premiere night, the night that will tell the world if I'm  talentless or have potential. The knock on the door stopped my train of thoughts.

"Hi, my love, are you ready." Karl asked, unlocking the door with his key, he went to go talk to the driver and made sure he was comfortable with the mass amount of fans that might pile outside the car. Karl and I were going to announce our relationship so we can finally show each other off at the premiere.

Remembering my last premiere still set off bad memories; but this time, the love of my life was right by my side.

"I think so." I tried calming my breathing.

Karl's face stayed stunned, "Oh my god, you're beautiful." He giggled, rushing to pepper my face in kisses.

I tried swatting him away with a big grin on my face, "You're going to get my makeup all over your face!" I laughed as he placed a final kiss on my lips.

"So you're saying I'm going to look as beautiful as you?" He posed to show off his face.

"I think you're already perfect." I plopped a kiss on his jaw.

"I'm not washing this off." He smiled proudly, a red lip mark brightly placed.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "You're going to drive everyone crazy, Jacobs." This reminded me about our announcement posts. My anxiety shot through the roof, my teeth biting onto my lips.

I grabbed my phone from my counter, opening Twitter. Karl leaned into my side, his hands went to my waist, "It's okay, you're okay." He whispered, chills went down my spine but left me satisfied.

I typed out a quick tweet and attached a picture before shutting my phone off completely. I gave Karl my phone to pocket since, my dress didn't have pockets and bringing a bag would ruin the outfit my stylist picked out for me.

"Come on, my love, the driver is waiting outside." He grabbed my hand and talked about the funny things that had happened while shooting the most recent MrBeast video to get my mind off everything.

><

TWITTER -

Y/N - @U/N
get a boyfriend, easy check ✔️

Tagged - @KarlJacobs

><

REPLIES -

Pokimane - @Pokimanelol
i love you guys 🥹❤️
^
Y/N - @U/N
I love you more 🫣

Sylvee - @Sylveemhm
the girls called it @hannahxxrose @tinakitten
^
Y/N - @U/N
they manifested it 😧😧

MrBeast - @MrBeast
👏👏👏

Karl:) - @KarlJacobs
couldn't let my girl be tired AND walk on the ground
^
Y/N - @U/N
I LOVE YOU
^
Karl:) - @KarlJacobs
I LOVE YOU MORE 💕
^
Sapnap - @Sapnap
😢

Mae - @User18186
does that mean karlnap isn't real

Ross - @User9012
Luke probably so happy he cheated
^
Rachel - @User018
who still gaf about Luke it's been years
^
Millie - @User1733
Reply to Ross:
DICKRIDERR ‼️

User1927 - @User1927
she gonna leave him soon fs

🥕 - @a_vegetable
this was so unexpected, totally

NO - @User18837
L relationship

zoey - @User10183
TOO CUTE IM CRYING

><

Stepping out of the car has never been harder to do, my body tensed. "I can't do it." I muttered, even surprising myself.

"Baby, you can do it. You've put so much work into this and the movie is going to be fantastic." Karl held onto my hand, his words soft.

I could hear cameras clicking and fans screaming as they lined up outside to see me walk in.

"What if everything goes wrong, what if I'm just not good enough?" I broke out into a sob, but I tilted my head up to not ruin the makeup.

"You are more than enough and what if everything goes right?" Karl kissed my temple, "If you need to leave or need support, I won't be more than a feet away from you." He promised me. This was a new chapter of promises, promises we knew we wouldn't break.

"Okay." I tried gaining confidence as Karl stepped out and held out a hand to help me out.

I smiled wide as I waved at nearby fans, the atmosphere got stuffy as we walked the carpet. It's as if the sun had cleared the clouds in my mind as Karl whispered nothing but sweet words into my ears.

The first interviewer stopped me to ask questions, my hand immediately went to grab Karl's hand, his rings pressing into my palms.

INTERVIEW -

I: You look so beautiful this evening! Can I ask you to describe this movie in one word?
Y: Ooh, I have to think about that. Maybe thrilling.

I: Wow, that is just amazing and we cannot be more excited for this premiere. Now I have to ask, is this gentleman your significant other?
Y: I beamed. Yes! This is my boyfriend, Karl, he's very talented and sweet. We've been dating for almost 2 years now.

I: I wish you nothing but the best, I just want to say again, you look absolutely marvelous tonight. We are all at the edge of our seats, do you have any final words for us?
Y: Thank you for the compliment! You look absolutely amazing too! My final words would be to just thank everyone for the support; my parents, Karl, my friends, and of course all the fans.

><

As we wrapped up the closing statements, I waved goodbye before stopping to pose for more photos on the carpet. Security had stopped Karl from advancing further with me, so we had to meet inside the theater. It made me anxious thinking about everything that could go wrong. As I waited in the lobby, more people piled in, congratulating me before making their way into the screening. With a smile on my face I shook their hands and thanked them.

I stared at the clock before realizing I had to go in, the movie started in two minutes. I couldn't miss my own movie, I had trust in Karl, he's going to be here.

I hope.

><

I sat down as the screen started to play the pre-screening instructions. My head started to get the same headaches, which sent a wave of déjà vu. As I lost hope, a voice chirped up from next to me, a bouquet of tulips held in front.

"I hope I'm not late, I'm Karl Jacobs and I think your acting is amazing." Karl smiled, sheepishly.

I remembered our first interaction, the feeling of warmth washed over me as he leaned in for a kiss. I melted into it before guiding him into his seat and accepting the flowers.

"Why were you so late?" I asked before leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"I had to pick up flowers from a nearby flower shop, if you're going to be praised, I had to one up everyone." Karl giggled, "Only the best for the best."

I looked up at him through my eyelashes, "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered before planting a kiss in my hair.

We sat in comfortable silence as the movie played. Gasps filled the room with each scene, I could hear faint squeals as one of my friends came on screen. My smile never left my face, leaving my cheeks aching, but it was worth every second.

><

As the ending credits started rolling, the theater erupted into applause and whistles.

I was shocked by the immense support, tears rolled down my cheek. Karl guided me by the waist as we exited, we didn't want to rush out with everyone else.

Cameras started flashing right as we walked onto the pavement.

My smiled widened, "Thank you!" I started waving to the crowd before getting to the car.

The car door shut and the noise had quieted down. I turned to Karl before bursting into tears, "I did it."

"You did! I'm so proud of you." He grabbed my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss. I leaned away slowly with a smile before leaning on his shoulder while Karl's arm wrapped around my waist.

"I'm tired and all I want to do is go back home to Buffy." I smiled sadly. Buffy was back home in North Carolina, my parents were taking good care of him. Karl mumbled something, but sleep took over me before I could ask him to repeat.

>< - After LA

After collecting our bags, we exited the airport to North Carolina. The air felt more chilly than LA but it was nothing less than perfect for me.

The road back home left me more excited as my parent's house came in view. Karl pulled into the driveway and I ran out before the car was fully parked. I rung the doorbell, Karl walked up next to me just as the door opened.

"Hi N/N." My mom pulled me into a hug, kissing my forehead, "I'm so proud of you, hunny."

"Thanks mom, I love you." My arms wrapped around her more tightly.

My dad came up behind us, pulling us both into a group hug before letting go. Buffy sat patiently at my feet to get attention, his tail sweeping the floor behind him.

I kneeled down and opened my arms as he leaped into my lap. I scooped him up and peppered him with kisses, "I missed you." Buffy started purring and nuzzling his face into my neck.

Karl leaned over as he scratched the top of Buffy's head.

"I love you." I looked up to Karl.

"I love you too." He smiled softly at me. Karl's head leaned into my shoulder as we looked at Buffy starting to fall sleepy in my arms.

This is perfect, this is my home.

><

INSTAGRAM -

@karljacobs

I promise I'll love you forever.

><

COMMENTS -

@U/N
help what do I do when there's a cute guy
^
@User1816
r u drunk or something
^
@U/N
drunk on love 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
^
@karljacobs
you're so cheesy

@User1017
YOU GUYS ARE SOO CUTE STOP

@U/N
do you pinky promise? 😞
^
@karljacobs
I pinky promise 💕
^
@U/N
guys I think I'm in love 😵‍💫❤️

><

HI! I know it's been over a month, but I finally finished this chapter. This is the last chapter of this story, and I don't plan on doing an epilogue! I couldn't be more grateful of the support I've gotten so far, and I just want to say, I like this book a lot more than my other one. I still think my writing is not the best, but it's improving. I've given them a very cute ending so this might mark the end of my writing journey.  Who knows, but I don't plan on writing anything new in the near future! I'll probably come back to edit some things, but as of today, > PROMISES < IS A OFFICIALLY A COMPLETED BOOK!

BY THE WAY, a_vegetable IS NOT MY ACTUAL TWITTER ACCOUNT. (If there's anyone with that username on any other platform it is not me!)

I really appreciate all the attention, feedback, and comments I've received while writing this story. :)

Any final comments?

Have a good day and  I wish you nothing but the best.

~ 🥕 out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.2K 13
George Davidson gets imprisoned by his countries dictator, Clay Smith, (Dubbed by the media, "Dream") because his family tried to overthrow the dicta...
624K 17K 24
⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝ karl jacobs x y/n in which you thought he was a cute stranger until you see him on a twitch stream... ⌞ ° • + • °...
24.7K 682 22
Where Dream needs notes for science, but texts the wrong number without noticing; and george tries to tell him. Eventually, they become friends. -- A...
71.8K 1.2K 26
this story is using a females pov (you can always pretend that i use your pronouns instead). Enemys to lovers between reader and Karl Jacobs. Slight...