The Wrong Side of Heaven

By 1800SlapAHoe

Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you packed your bags and moved somewhere new? After and a b... More

Part 1: Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 4

49 6 1
By 1800SlapAHoe

Jade is absolutely gorgeous. She has shoulder length wavy, black hair with dark green highlights and big green eyes to match. What a fitting name for her, it fits her beautifully - just like the leopard print top and leather pants she's wearing. I learn that she's in charge of the "boutique" as she calls it. It's a large room with two levels of clothing racks on the two side walls. The back wall is full of dresses and each side of the door there are shoe racks. There are three drawers lining the floors underneath the clothing racks. In the center of the room there is a round table that only holds a vase of flowers with a beautiful chandelier hanging above it. Everything is perfectly organized.

She helps pick out a few outfits in my size and I'm thankful for her help. Fashion isn't my strong suit. If it were up to me, I'd only wear leggings or jeans with t-shirts. Thankfully she finds me some clothing to help me blend in a little more while also allowing me to be comfortable. I make a mental note to come back and visit her again soon. I feel like she's someone I could easily get song with. I drop the items off in my room before heading to the back patio as Jay instructed. Once again, he is nowhere to be found but I run into Anthony. "Hey, do you know where Jay went?"

He glances around. "I think he went with Kim. He will be back soon."

"Kim," I say, thinking aloud. "Is she the one who kissed him earlier? Is that his girlfriend?"

He chuckles. "Basically. Although neither of them call each other boyfriend or girlfriend. They take care of each other," he shrugs.

"Oh," I say. I shouldn't have asked, it's none of my business but my curiosity got the best of me. "I'm going to grab a drink."

Turning, I head back inside and grab a drink. It's stronger than I'm used to but I welcome it. I need to relax. Wandering into the living room, I stop in front of the fireplace where there are a couple picture frames sitting on the mantle. The picture on the left is a black and white photo of a young couple. The woman is stunning and it's a beautiful picture. The picture on the right is of a family of four. The young boy slightly resembles Jay but I couldn't be sure. Hearing the floor creak behind me, I glance over my shoulder only to be greeted with a familiar face. "I heard you were coming but I had to see for myself."

"Hailey," I say in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here now," she says, leaning in the doorway. "What are you going here? I can't believe William let you out of the house alone."

I frown, the guilt of my past setting in. Hailey and I were best friends for as long as I can remember. Last year, there was a time when she really needed me and I wasn't there for her due to my relationship with William. He wouldn't allow me to be there for her. He wanted my life to revolve around him. Unfortunately this ended my friendship with Hailey. I completely understand. I probably would have done the same if she had been such a horrible friend. No one understands the grip a narcissistic and abusive partner has on a person unless they've been in that situation themselves. "Hailey, I'm so sorry," I say softly. "I was a shitty friend. William and I aren't together anymore."

She raises an eyebrow in surprise. "I'm surprised. I thought you'd never leave that piece of shit."

I sigh. "He left me actually. He's already begged for me back."

She stares at me for a long moment. "Watch your back around here. You aren't cut out for a place like this. You're only here because you were in that plane and Jay feels guilty."

My lips part in surprise as she walks away. Her words weigh on me and my throat constricts. Of course that's the only reason I'm here. Could she be right about the rest too? My feet move on their own accord and before I know it, I'm at the front door. I welcome the fresh air but m immediately reminded that I did not drive here. The guards ignore my presence so I sit down on the steps, placing my drink beside me. What am I doing? I hear faint voices through the door behind me. "What do you mean? You were supposed to be watching her," Jay yells angrily.

"She said she was getting a drink," Anthony responds as the door opens behind me.

Glancing over my shoulder, I watch as Jay comes to abrupt stop causing Anthony to bump into him. After sending him a quick glare over his shoulder, Jay steps out and offers me his hand. "Come. Dinner is ready."

Placing my hand in his, I stand. We head back inside where most of the men are now sitting at the long table. Anthony tells me to sit beside him which also happens to be next to Jade. Next to Jade, Jay sits at the head of the table. The food looks absolutely delicious and I realize I haven't eaten today. Lemon garlic chicken with mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes and baked macaroni and cheese. "This is delicious," I say, glancing over at Anthony. "Do you guys get meals like this every day?"

He chuckles. "This is nothing. Just wait until our Sunday dinners. Those are the best."

"Okay, I'm never leaving," I laugh.

I feel a set of eyes on me so I glance up to see Hailey openly staring at me. I can't tell if she's angry, curious or... I don't know. But something about her doesn't sit right with me at the moment. "Do you know her?" I hear Jade ask from beside me.

I sigh, looking down at my food. "Yes. We used to be friends. Now she hates me apparently. It's my fault."

"Don't worry about her. She has a bad reputation around here. I don't understand why they keep her around," Jade says.

"Why does she have a bad reputation?" I ask curiously, glancing over at her between bites.

"She's trying to fuck her way to the top. That's the last thing you want to do here," she explains quietly. "No one takes her seriously but she thinks she's badass. I'm pretty sure she wants Jay but she'll never get him."

"Oh."

"Yeah. And she'll only have a worse attitude towards you when she sees Jay around you."

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking at her confused.

She shrugs. "You guys went through something traumatic together. You get the softer side of him, I guess - not many people do."

My eyes flicker over to Jay who stares back at me. His eyes are dark but give nothing away. I wonder what he's thinking right now. He's only nice to me because we were in a plane crash together. The though saddens me and I turn my attention back to my plate. Will I always be the sad girl that survived a plane crash? Anthony nudges me. "Hey, did Jay show you to your room yet?" I nod. "Where is it?

"Next to his."

"On the left? I'm right next to you. That room has been empty forever."

"Really? This doesn't seem like a place that would have many spare rooms."

He shrugs. "It's a long story."

My interest is piqued but I won't push him for details. I'm sure a time will come where I'll hear the story. My thoughts go back to Hailey. What happened to her? I may have been a horrible friend but the things I just heard do not sound like her at all. To say I'm overwhelmed with everything would be an understatement.

After dessert is served, people begin leaving the dining room. Anthony walks me to my room, rambling on about some game he plays. I'm not the gamer type but it sounds like a fun game. I doubt I will ever play it but I don't mind listening to him. Listening to someone keeps me away from my own thoughts. When we reach my room, he tucks his hands in his pocket and smiles. "Sorry for talking so much. If you need anything, I'm right next door. Hopefully we didn't scare you too much today."

I chuckle slightly, leaning against the wall. "Thanks, but you didn't."

"Maybe I'll show you-"

He's interrupted when Jay appears out of nowhere. I didn't hear or see him coming. "Anthony," Jay nods, dismissing him.

Anthony sends a quick smile my way before disappearing behind his bedroom door. Jay's eyes meet mine and he sighs. "I have a flight to catch tomorrow morning. I don't expect you to accompany me this time but it is something I'd expect from you in the future. With that being said, you will have a few days without me to get settled in. I will keep in touch by call or text if I need anything from you."

The thought of flying again makes me sick. There's no way I'd be able to keep this job if that's what's required. "Jay," I respond softly. "With all due respect, I don't see myself ever getting on a plane again."

There's a flash of emotion on his face but it's gone before I can analyze it. "I understand. We'll discuss that when the time comes. Do you need to go home tonight?"

I shake my head. "No, I'll stay."

He looks down the empty hallway, rubbing his stubbly jaw. I realize how close we are in this moment. Whatever cologne he wears is mouthwatering. "Listen, if anyone here gives you any shit, please come to me. Some have habits of making newbies lives miserable but I won't allow it. The women especially like to think everything is a competition. I will admit, Jade is one of the few good ones around here."

"I can handle myself," I say with a small smile.

I watch his eyes slowly trail down. To my nose. My lips. My neck. His eyes close for a short moment and he shakes his head slightly. "I'm sure you can. Feel free to call or text me if you need anything. Anthony will be here if you need anything."

"Okay. Thank you," I say as I push away from the wall. I open my door and glance over my shoulder at him. "Good night Jay."

"Good night Isabel."

Closing my door behind me, I take a deep breath. There's something about him that makes you feel like it's twenty degrees hotter. I'm definitely curious about him but time will tell. I open my dresser drawer and am happy to find the clothing I picked out along with some other items in the drawers. Changing into something more comfortable, I grab my phone and send my mom a text letting her know I'm staying with a friend. I'm sure she'll be calling first thing in the morning to hear all about my job. Not that I can tell her much. Hell, I don't even know much. All I know is I'm excited for what's to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 60K 90
Serina Accardi had everything, and wanted for nothing. Her brother gave her whatever she desired, but kept the parts of her destined world out of her...
1.3K 152 8
❝ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ❞ -𝙰𝚗 𝚎𝚢𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚢𝚎 - ᴀʀᴀʙᴇʟʟᴀ ᴍᴀɴᴄɪɴɪ skilfully negate the negative, turning ever...
533K 19.2K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
39.7K 1.4K 39
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Relax, sweetheart. I'll take it slow for your first time." He's a one-night-stand gone wrong, and the one man she never wants t...