Nico di Angelo Meets The Batf...

By Anitoly

Nico di Angelo is being overwhelmed. His children/Cocoapuffs/Cacodemons have been overcrowding him and making... More

1: Cocoapuffs and friends are jerks
2: 'Blessings' from the gods
3: Somewhere in Gotham, thanks a LOT Zeus.
4: Hi! By the way, you're supposed to be dead!
5: The Foster Challenge
6: New Family, I Guess
7: Family Dinner
8: Truth or Dare!? Dare, because why not!
9: Wings and Cats
10: Healing
11: A Bit of The Truth
12: A Slight Mistake
14: Prank Wars!!
15: Filling in the Gaps
16: Wanna Pet Some Killer Doggos?
17: A Hard Explanation
18: A Talk With Drama Queen
19: Prank Wars Again Along With Freaky Powers
20: Pinecone Face
21: Confessions
22: Walking, Not Talking, and Stabbing Muggers Since the 1930's!
23: Remember Your Friends. Especially Sam.
24: Sorry
25: Brothers and Games
26: Shopping With the Batboys!
27: The Gala (pt. 1)
28: The Gala (pt. 2)
29: My Children Come to Visit
30: Gotham Academy
31: Angel
32: Crazy
33: WHAT THE HADES?
34: Lion Life
35: Reunited and Patrol
36: A Fateful Night
37: Dead
38: The World of the Living
VOTE!
39: Capture the Flag. Pt1. Demigods
40: Capture the Flag Pt 2: Mortals
41: A Life Running Out
42: APOLLO GET YOUR GODLY BUTT DOWN HERE BEFORE I DRAG YOU DOWN FROM OLYMPUS!
43: The Angel Joins the Kiddie League
New Book!
44: The Angle Saves Lives and Kicks Monster Butt
Requests!
Night-Night Nico
Damian Attempts to Commit Murder Using a Pair of Heels
Nico is Being (unintentionally?) Creepy
...

13: Boating

1.8K 49 24
By Anitoly

Nico's Pov:

No. 

He watched in horror as Nyx  made him push his best friend over the edge of the chasm next to the Mansion of Night. Will's blues eyes widen with shock, hurt, and horror as he tumbles over the edge then he shouts. "Nico. Your sister should have lived. Not you."

Nyx laughs evilly. 

Something large loomed over me. I struck out and punched my attacker.

"Ow!" I herd a shout.

Huh? Oh. It was just a dream. A dream about how I almost accidentally killed Will, but in the dream, i did kill him.

I blink and realize I'm in my bed and Tim was groaning on the floor. "Oh. Sorry about that." I say realizing i just punched him in the face. "I was having a nightmare."

"I figured." He says as he rubbed a hand on his jaw. "You screamed so i came into see what was happening, and yeah. Then i got punched in the face when i realized you were asleep."

"Oh."

"Well, i came to tell you to get ready to go boating! Here is sunscreen, a bag, a few towels, and some of Damian's swim shorts and one of his tee-shirts!" He passes me the stuff with a grin. "Hurry up! Get ready, then we'll meet up in the kitchen!" He sped out of the room.

Wait. Where were we boating anyways? I guess I'd have to ask. Ugh. Socializing.

I walked to the bathroom and put on a pair of black swim shorts and a dark blue t-shirt. Then i quickly put sunscreen on and was ready to go. I also put some ambrosia and nectar in the bag. And a bag of Doritos. 

I decided to shadow travel into the kitchen because, Hades who wants to walk down all those stairs? 

I ended up in the kitchen, not even mildly tired. Then Tim rushed in. "Wow Nico! You must've gotten ready quick to beat me here!" He exclaimed happily. Then the other boys soon showed up behind him, with Jason arguing with Damian and Dick trying hard to calm the chaos. Then Bruce walked in with a grin.

"Alright kids! Let's go!" He exclaimed happily.

Time skip for the Minions!

We soon arrived at a lake and got onto our boat which was a Moomba made by the brand Mobious. (A

: That's the kind of boat i have so i decided they should have it.)

We all quickly got in and Bruce drove away from shore, and i was extra nervous now. Only a few other people were boating, so we had plenty of space. Dick and Tim sat in the back of the boat. Jason, Damian, and I sat in the front as we sped across it. Earlier i had talked to my dad, who promised on the Styx to keep the monsters away for today, since we were out of Gotham's protective barrier.

"Whooooooooohooooo!" Jason shouted as we sped up. Waves splashed against the hull, and we bumped up and down a bit, then slowed down.

"Why did we stop, Bruce?" Asked Dick.

"Well i got an idea." He grins. "Nico do you want to do karaoke first?"

 The other boys started cheering and pure pressuring me.

"Fine."

A cheer erupts from the four bozos.

"But i get to chose the song." I say. They nod. "Cradles' by sub urban"

The boys look nervous at the request.

(A

: if you want to hear\read the lyrics of 'Cradles' go to the top and play the video!)

They look surprised at the lyrics, and the fact that a seven year old was singing along with it. None of them joined as i sang

Once i finished, Jason yelled. "Why does a seven year old listen to this?!" 

I shrug. "It the stuff I like." They looked surprised. "I've seen, heard, and been through worse." I say, referring to Tartarus.

"Okay...." Bruce says awkwardly. "Jason you go next."

 Jason grins and so does Tim and Dick. Then they burst out singing "CALIFORNIA GIRL!"

 Damian groans. "God save our poor souls."

"Hey. What's your favorite song?" I ask him.

"'Astronaut in the Ocean' by Masked Wolf. Why?" He says.

"You want help singing it?" I ask.

"Yes! Let's annoy the frick out of them!" He exclaimed happily.

"They find it annoying?"

"Well anything i sing they hate. So yeah!"

We grin at each other. 

Once the Three Nincompoops of the Lake finished, Damian shouts Astronaut in the Ocean, and now the other boys groan.

After we finish, Bruce yells. "Who wants to go inter tubing!" All of the other boys start shouting. "Memememememememememememememmememmemememememmememmememeemmememmemeeeeeemmemememmeme!" 

"Calm down!" Bruce snaps. Instant quiet. "Let's have Nico, Tim, and Jason go on. Less likely to be fighting." He glares at Damian and Tim.

We were soon on the inter tube with life jackets on, just in case. Damian had teased me about being scared of the water. He a glare from Bruce, but I'm pretty sure he was more scared of my glare.

I was between the two larger boys Jason to my right, and Tim to my left. Bruce got the boat's engine going and we quickly accelerated, and slid off of the wake of the boat.

We hit a few small bumps and nothing much, but then Bruce turned the boat. We slid onto the wake and off of the other side. He went in a circle, and the waves the boat had just made threatened to flip us over. I gripped onto the handle bars like my life depended on it, and Jason and Tim chattered excitedly. Then we turned again, and we drifted over the wake, and hit about fifteen tiny waves which got us going extremely fast. Then a large wave came. Our speed, combined with the weight, make us fly off of it and land hard on another wave. 

Jason and Tim cheered. And Damian and Dick pointed at us and laughed. Then Damian flipped off Tim and Tim did the same to him. Then Dick slapped Damian's hand down, and Jason did the same to Tim. Unfortunately they did that as we went over a particularly big wave, and we flew off the tube backwards.

 I went head over heels, and felt someone accidentally kick my shoulder. I landed on Jason's back and he grunted, as Tim face planted in the water a few feet away  before floating back up. I grinned. It was surprisingly fun. 

Then i made the mistake of looking down. The endless darkness of the void reminded me way too much of the pit to Tartarus and I panic and grab onto Jason's head. We were all wearing life jackets, so we wouldn't drown, but I wasn't taking any chances. Especially with the fact i can't swim. 

Jason attempted to detach me from his head, but my arms were glued to him as i whimpered pitifully. Bruce pulled up tugging the inter tube with him and we climbed into the back. I was exhausted.

"Why did you grab onto my face?!" Jason growled at me.

I whimpered. "B-b-because... dark. T-to dark, to cold." I whisper rememberIng the free fall from the Underworld. "E-endless falling." They all turn to look at me.

"It's ok. We're just at a lake having fun on a boat, nothing bad is gonna happen." Dick says glaring at Jason. I nodded.

We took a break to let the others jump in and splash around in the water. I had taken my life jacket off so i could dry off. Damian was diving in and Jason and Tim were splashing each other. Then Dick did a backflip off of the wakeboard racks and soaked the other boys. I got an idea.

I grabbed a squirt gun from one of the bags and slipped the wet life jacket on and hopped onto the inter tube and pushed it off of the back of the boat. I filled up the squirt gun and shot Jason in the head. Jason grinned and climbed into the boat, then came back with two squirt guns and shot at me. He missed and hit Tim, and Tim lunged at him to try to snatch one of the guns. He managed to grab one and swam to the inter tube.

"Truce?" He asks.

"Truce." I say as i pull him onto the inter tube.

We both shoot at Jason then accidentally hit Damian. Damian looks at us with hate, and swims over, rocking the inter tube. He attempts to climb on as Tim try's to push him off and i shoot Dick in the face when he looked over to see what the commotion was. Tim and Damian hurled insults at each other and Jason shot Tim in the face, making Tim splutter. Then Damian managed to push Tim off, then he turned to me and shoved me.

I gripped onto the side of the tube and pulled myself back up, and shot Damian in the face with the squirt gun. He spat out the water and lunged at me, pushing me over backwards. I fall into the water, and panicked, but then remembered i would float, so i paddled slowly over to the boat. But i didn't t make it. Jason swam at me and grabbed me. 

"You're not out of it yet!" He says and splashes me, and I splashed him back. I start to giggle And splash him again. He went under water  making me gasp nervously. Then he burst out of the water under me and i tumbled back words. 

"Hey! That's not fair!" I yelp at him. He just grins. I lunge at him and grip onto his life jacket, clinging on. He growled at me and tried to tug me off. I let go after a minute and swam towards the inter tube and climbed on. 

Tim had gotten Damian off and Dick had joined our team. He sat on the inter tube splashing Damian as Tim shot Jason. I climbed onto the back and immediately fell back off as Jason flipped over the inter tube.

Dick, Tim, and I fell over the back and landed in a heap of limbs. We quickly squirmed away from each other and swam at the other two. Me and Tim took on Damian and Dick took on Jason, but then Bruce intervened.

"Come back onto the boat for lunch." He announced. We all quickly swam back over, chattering about our favorite snacks. We crawled up the swim step one by one, and grabbed  towels. I took off my sopping life jacket and set it down on the floor. So did the other boys, and we all ate some chips as we sat on the back of the boat, wrapped in towels. I was grinning as i ate my Doritos and watched Tim and Damian bicker over where Damian's Katana went. I mean, why did he have a katana? I know Jason id]s the Red Hood, but could there be more to it.

After some more inter tubing and getting tossed off a few times, we went back to the docks. We loaded up the boat and headed back home.

Extra long chapter!! (1834 words!!) i had fun writing this chapter so i hope you like it my Minions!! ❤️

—Anitoly!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

763 0 39
Thank you all so much for reading, but this story has been moved to the account @kirklend, see my description for details. I promise the quality of t...
1.7M 44K 37
"You can't seriously expect us to go to a school for magic!" "You want us to what?" ~~~~~ Dumbledore sends out a distress call to the demigods. Volde...
1.1K 22 26
"Tears filled her eyes as she locked eyes with the black-haired boy next to her. She knew what was about to happen. The figure-a woman, with hair mad...
458 23 8
It's been a year after the Giant War, and things are going great for The Seven and friends. But a twist in the middle of summer make things go from h...