PUPPET // KATSUKI BAKUGO [1]

By Imma_toaster

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1 // Tomorrow
Chapter 2 // Luck's For Losers
Chapter 3 // Working Together
Chapter 4 // Familar Face
Chapter 5 // Chatting With The Enemy
Chapter 6 // One Down
Chapter 7 // Getting Closer
Chapter 8 // A Disappointing Win
Chapter 9 // Tie
Chapter 10 // Pitiful
Chapter 11 // News
Chapter 12 // A Friend
Chapter 13 // Making Progress
Chapter 14 // How Ironic
Chapter 15 // Comfortable
Chapter 16 // Things Happen
Chapter 17 // Enemies
Chapter 18 // Hell Is A Place On Earth, A Place With Katsuki Bakugo
Chapter 19 // Bonding
Chapter 20 // Exercise
Chapter 21 // School Is Tiring, But Mina May Be Worse
Chapter 22 // Practical Exam
Chapter 23 // Gesture
Chapter 24 // The Bakugo's
Chapter 25 // Busy Night, Busy Day
Chapter 26 // Darkness
Chapter 27 // Resolutions
Chapter 28 // Naps and Cats
Chapter 29 // Reluctant Tears
Chapter 30 // Switching Sides
Chapter 32 // Suffering
Chapter 33 // Blame
Chapter 34 // A Plan
Chapter 35 // Debate
Chapter 36 // Dead Ends?
Chapter 37 // Our End
Chapter 38 // Need
Chapter 39 // The Day After
Chapter 40 // Last
Chapter 41 // Love of Mine
Chapter 42 // Sleep Well
Chapter 43 // In Love
Chapter 44 // Space
Chapter 45 // Revelations
Chapter 46 // Your Name
Chapter 47 // A Little Bit of Motivation
Chapter 48 // The Start
Chapter 49 // Anchor
Chapter 50 // Old Habits Come Around
Chapter 51 // Work Studies Presented By The Big Three
Chapter 52 // Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53 // Opposing Plans
Chapter 54 // A Far Away Peace
Chapter 55 // Never Okay
Chapter 56 // Taken
Chapter 57 // Search and Resuce
Chapter 58 // Moves
Chapter 59 // One Step Closer
New Quirks
Chapter 60 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 61 // Nowhere To Be Found
Chapter 62 // Wondering
Chapter 63 // Devising
Chapter 64 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 65 // Still Fighting
Chapter 66 // Rescue
Chapter 67 // Priorities
Chapter 68 // Rampage
Chapter 69 // Love Follows
Chapter 70 // An End and A Beginning
Chapter 71 // Hope
Chapter 72 // A Success and A Tragedy
Chapter 73 // Statement
Chapter 74 // Starting Over
Chapter 75 // A New Beginning
Sequel Update
Thank You!
[A/N]

Chapter 31 // To Hate You

5.5K 161 168
By Imma_toaster

"Today, we'll be re-examining you on the exercises you did during your first day," Aizawa explained from where he stood in front of his students, confusing you since you hadn't been in the hero course at that point.

"Ball throw, long jump, grip strength, etcetera," the hero continued. "[L/N], this will obviously be your first of the tests since you started in General Studies. Why don't you go first? Get it over with."

Mina urged you to take the ball that laid in Aizawa's palm as she shook your shoulders from behind. You eyed Aizawa suspiciously.

You knew that was not the reason he was telling you to go first. You could tell by the way the side of his mouth curled up slightly as he held out his hand that he was about to instigate something that should've never been provoked. He eyed you and then looked in the direction of the angry blond you were ignoring before averting his eyes back to you.

'So he's on my side,' you thought, resisting the urge to grin. It wasn't a shocker Aizawa was giving you the chance to show Bakugo up.

There was really no need for to to partake in the exercise. It was mainly a test to see how much the students have grown since their first day of school, something you don't need to participate in since you didn't do the first round of exercises on day one like everyone else.

Despite that, Aizawa was giving you the chance to participate, and it was clearly because he wanted to give you the chance to flaunt in front of Bakugo. After all, he did seem to already be siding with you during the conversation the two of you had that morning. He seemingly had no problem joining in on poking the angry bear that was Katsuki Bakugo.

You stepped forward, making sure to shoulder-check Bakugo, who was standing in front of you, as you walked over to Aizawa and took the baseball from his hand.

"Whenever you're ready," Aizawa said as he held up the radar gun that had been in his other hand.

You gently tossed the ball up and down in your hand, eventually summoning your strings to wrap around it tightly. You began to swing the ball rapidly in circles a few feet away from your body to gain speed. Once the speed of the ball was fast enough for your liking, you craned your arm back, cautious of your back, and made sure the ball ever so slightly grazed Bakugo's nose before you chucked it, sending it flying through the air and over the trees in the distance.

Aizawa showed your classmates the screen of the radar gun, which read, "714.9 meters."

"You wanna know how much that'd hurt in your no-no spot?" you asked while turning toward Bakugo. "Keep ticking me off, and you'll find out, Poppy."

Bakugo stared at you in disbelief as you walked past him to rejoin Mina. You weren't sure if his shock was from how far you threw or the fact that you suddenly turned cold, but you didn't care. You were getting under his skin, and that was all that mattered.

¥¥¥

You participated in most of the other exercises to follow with the exception of the long jump since there was a big chance it could rip your stitches.

You finished your sprint in 5.78 seconds and figured out you had a grip strength of 30.4 kilograms. You also cleared the obstacle course in under twenty seconds.

It wasn't long before Aizawa called it a day for you. You ended up sitting down to get more calories in around noon while everyone did some harsher endurance exercises.

"You're really pissing him off," Shinso claimed, who sat across from you.

The two of you decided to eat lunch outside, so you could observe as the rest of the class trained. You sat at one of the tables near the pavilion.

"How far are you gonna take it?" your best friend asked.

"As long as it takes for him to break," you shrugged. "Why? Got something in mind?"

"Maybe," Shinso said slowly before nodding toward Bakugo, who, along with several other of the boys, was using the outdoor gym while the girls did partner exercises. "He clearly prides himself on not only his quirk but his fitness," Shinso continued. "He's jacked. He didn't get that by blowing out a candle. Show him lifting weights is nothing. That'll piss him off."

"Not if I don't know what he lifts," you said before shoving the rest of your sandwich into your mouth and standing. "Be right back."

You headed over to where the boys were working out and prevented Bakugo from getting into the leg press by grabbing his shoulder from behind.

The blond whipped his head around as he shrugged your hand away. He seemed poised to yell at first, but the realization that it was you who had touched him seemingly was enough to keep him silent.

"How much do you bench?" you asked.

"Why do you care?" Bakugo spat.

"How much do you bench?" you repeated in a more demanding tone, and Bakugo straightened his posture as he held his head high.

"Sixty-eight, not including the bar," he stated, crossing his arms, "a dozen reps."

You licked your lips. To best show off, it'd be reasonable to up his weight a forth, which would mean adding 17 kilograms, but your normal weight was 54 kilos, including the bar. Doing 85 kilograms would be upping your normal weight 31 kilos. That was really pushing it with your injury, but you had rested, so you weren't as tried as you had been a few hours ago. Plus, getting on Bakugo's nerves was more important at the moment than potentially dropping 85 kilograms on yourself because you couldn't hold it. You were willing to take a risk.

"Shoji," you said, looking at the mutant, who had just sat up on the seat of the bench press, "load sixty-five kilos." Add that to the bar, and it was 85.

"Are you sure?" Shoji asked, glancing between you and Bakugo. "That's a lot."

"I'm sure," you confirmed with a nod.

You weren't freakishly strong, but your natural strength was above average for a person of your age, height, and gender since you train a lot in your free time. You've lifted 65 kilos, which included the bar, before, but that's the highest you've ever gone, and you only did five reps. You weren't sure if you've be able to do even one rep with 85 kilograms, but, again, you were willing to take a chance if it meant irritating Bakugo.

As Shoji loaded the weights onto the bar, you looked at Bakugo. The blond stood with his arms still crossed as he stared you down. He was angry, as always, but you could tell in his eyes that he was trying to decipher what you were up to.

You stared back, finally noticing that Bakugo had stripped himself of his uniform top and now stood in a tank top instead. The rest of the boys were similar. You supposed you didn't realize how hot it was since you hadn't been working out yet like the rest of them. You grinned as a sudden thought came into your mind.

"What're you smilin' about?" Bakugo grunted.

"I got another question," you said with a sigh as you moved to rest your arm on his shoulder, which he didn't care to move as he was too busy making sure he kept his eyes glued to yours.

You leaned close to his ear, whispering, "are you a tits or an ass man?"

"Fucking—back off!" Bakugo shouted as he shoved you away, cringing at the sudden question.

"What? Everyone's got a favorite," you stated with a malicious chuckle. "I got compression shorts and a bra on. You want my shirt or pants off?" you joked.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Bakugo questioned, his voice loud as he stared at you with wide eyes.

"Fine, fine," you sighed deeply. "I'll ask the man who has no problem getting friendly with the ladies."

You turned toward the flirt of the class, who was staring at you curiously, similar to the rest of the boys, who had all tuned in as soon as you had ordered Shoji to prepare the bench press for you.

"Kaminari," you began while walking over to the golden haired boy. You sat down, making sure to sit so that you were pressed up against the boy's side as you whispered, "I think you've taken notice of the fact that I've been messing around with Bakugo, so just go with it..."

Kaminari nodded, his cheeks flushing pink as he grew nervous with how close you were to him.

"So," you continued, grinning from ear to ear as you batted your eyelashes. "Should I take off my shirt or my pants? Don't worry, I have clothes on underneath. Although, I'm sure you wouldn't care if it was the other way around."

Kaminari's lips parted as he stuttered out of bunch of nonsense that didn't seem to be actual words. He eventually tugged on the sleeve of your uniform shirt.

You hummed as you stood. You made sure to make direct eye contact with Bakugo as you unzipped your shirt and slipped it off, hanging it on a nearby treadmill that wasn't being used.

"That's better," you said. "I feel cooler already."

Shoji stepped back from the bench press after adding the final weight to the bar, and you sat down on the leather bench before laying down.

"Spot me?" you asked Shoji, who silently nodded and moved to stand behind your head.

You wiped your palms on your pants before grabbing the bar, making sure to keep your hands a reasonable distance apart. You slowly lifted the bar up and off the pegs it rested on.

You did one rep, which was easier than you thought considering the weight, but it was probably because you had been resting before instead of working out like the others, so your muscles weren't sore or aching.

You did a second rep, and then rushed to do a third to keep a decent pace. The fourth rep was a bit of a struggle, so you had to take it slower not to push yourself. You exhaled deeply on the fifth, your arms beginning to shake when you proceeded to lift the weights back up. Shoji noticed and moved his hands under the bar. He didn't touch it. He only let his hands hover in case you let go.

You didn't know if you could do a sixth rep. You were leaning more toward putting the bar back on its pegs, but one look at Bakugo's frustrated and angry expression as he huffed and balled his hands into fists was enough to get you motivated enough to continue. You completed the sixth rep strong before setting it back on the pegs before sitting up.

You may not have done twelve reps, but you did half of that while lifting a forth of Bakugo's normal weight each time. You were satisfied enough with that.

"Looks like you need to work on more than you communicational skills," you claimed, looking at Bakugo as you stood.

You grabbed your shirt and slipped it back on as you began to walk back toward Shinso, but you didn't have time to zip it before Bakugo grabbed your arm and yanked you back.

You let out a sharp exhale as you slammed into him, chest to chest. His grip tightened on your wrist, causing you to ball your hand into a fist as you attempted to escape his grasp.

"What the hell are you trying to do, huh?" Bakugo spat in your face. "One day, you're a goody-two-shoes. The next, you're acting like a scared child. Now, you're being an asshole."

"Remind you of anyone?" you questioned, almost growling out the words as you ripped your hand from his. You cupped your now sore wrist with your other hand, rubbing it as if that would make the faint aching in your bones go away.

Bakugo's face hardened as he exhaled deeply, a small growl erupting from his mouth as he stepped back. He shifted his feet as he prepared to turn around and most likely storm off.

"And Bakugo," you added, causing him to pause. You sighed as you reminisced all the times the blond told you three words that used to have no meaning, but, now, as you spoke them to him, they did more than ever.

"I hate you."

[EDITED]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.1K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
433K 11.7K 26
{Abused!Deku x Katsuki Bakugo AU) "What do you mean?" "Look at the Bakugo is fighting. He's purposely avoiding certain parts of Midoriya's body, incl...
84.1K 3.9K 82
。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。 ⊱ 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 �...
357K 13K 93
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ In which a confident, popular girl develo...