Always, Tulip

By Maureentab

~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who wor... More

▫️Preface
▫️One
▫️Two
▫️Three
▫️Four
▫️Five
▫️Six
▫️Seven
▫️Eight
▫️Nine
▫️Ten
▫️Eleven
▫️Twelve
▫️Thirteen
▫️Fourteen
▫️Fifteen
▫️ Sixteen
▫️ Seventeen
▫️ Eighteen
▫️ Nineteen
▫️Twenty
▫️Twenty-one
▫️Twenty-two
▫️ Twenty-three
▫️Twenty-four
▫️Twenty-five
▫️Twenty-six
▫️ Twenty-seven
▫️Twenty-eight
▫️Twenty-nine
▫️Thirty
▫️ Thirty-one
▫️Thirty-two
▫️ Thirty-three
▫️ Thirty-five
▫️ Thirty-six
▫️ Thirty-seven
▫️Thirty-eight
▫️Thirty-nine
▫️Forty
▫️ Forty-one
▫️Forty-two
Extra : proposal
▫️Forty-three
▫️Forty-four
▫️ Epilogue
Author's note
🔸Bonus | 1
🔹Bonus | 2
🔸Bonus | 3

▫️Thirty-four

14.5K 455 83
By Maureentab

Ginelle's pov

Grey was stubborn.

He had coaxed me all week into allowing him rest from home and after his consistent begging, I eventually gave in. I didn't want to see him sad at any moment.

I consulted Enzo first to make sure that it was safe to stay home and he said it was okay as long as Grey came to have his wound dressed again after every four days.

Four days ended today but Grey was so stubborn. He was now shaking his head in a pout insisting that he was fine and that he could have the bandages changed from home.

"Babe you know I want you to recover soon, we should do as the doctor instructed." I took the space next to him on the bed while taking his hand and tried to reason out.

"The doctor also said you could change them for convenience," he patted my hair down as he looked into my eyes and shifted me closer to me.

Enzo had said I could change the bandages myself but I didn't want him to feel the pain when the anesthetics in hospital could help with that, it would also be safer that way.

"Yes but-" his index finger touched my lips shushing me, his head inclined to look at my face. He gave me a pleading gaze that I couldn't ignore so I again gave in.

For him, I was going to give in so many things.

I took out the kit on the drawer next to the bed knowing Enzo must have dropped it sometime this week. When everything was ready, I turned to Grey.

He looked too excited when I took the spot in front of him on the bed. Even in this situation, I blushed when I slowly started taking his shirt off.

I could feel his eyes intently trained on me so I tried to focus on doing things right but his bare chest made my face flush even more.

"Tell me when it hurts, okay?" I asked after placing the shirt on my left. He didn't respond and I alarmingly lifted my eyes to him.

Was he already in pain?

I nudged his arm when he continued to look at me without saying anything. My eyes dropped from his to inspect his wound though it seemed fine to me.

"Come here, sweetheart." He patted his thighs as he leaned back to stretch out. I was confused though I slowly inched towards him.

He furrowed when I left some space between us and I almost squealed when he pulled me by my waist that I was almost sitting on him now.

I looked up at him wide eyed when he adjusted me sideways and then leaned down to kiss my forehead. One of his hand rubbed over my forearm, the other still moving round my waist.

"Change now," I stared up at him, my ears not registering what he was saying as I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down.

My eyes fleeted to his neck down to his chest and I zeroed on his abs, counting each of them with my eyes. They were eight in number and so defined.

The mid-morning sun shone through the drawn curtains making his skin glow and I just couldn't seem to take my eyes away.

"If you keep looking at me that way I might not hold back anymore," my head jerked to the side when he whispered suggestively into my ear.

My face heated up and my hands shook as I fumbled to get everything out of the kit. I laid out everything on the bed and cautiously began to remove the old bandage off his body.

I was careful not to hurt him as I unwrapped him out of the layers round his waist though I had to admit I was getting distracted.

Each time I leaned forward to get to his back, Grey would peck my shoulder and his hands would move round my waist making goosebumps arise all over me.

I continued to dress his wound with divided attention, his constant touches making me pause so many times during the process.

His cut was so long, starting from his ribs till almost his back and I winced severally when I applied the ointment on him and dressed the wound again.

I finally looked up after I was done, my eyes worried that he could be in pain although he gave a small smile as he pecked my forehead again.

I smiled back and kissed his cheeks before my eyes caught another mark on his chest. There was a scar, so small and unnoticeable on his upper chest.

Having not seen it before, I shakily lifted my finger to softly trace over the bump. It was already healed yet he hadn't told me how he got hurt.

My fingers continued to rub over the spot and I felt his hold on my waist tighten. I looked up to see his head titled to the side while he bit his lower lip rather harshly.

"S-sorry!" I squeaked out before leaning down to kiss the scar repeatedly chastising myself for pressing so hard but his grip on my waist only tightened.

He grunted hoarsely before his lips suddenly attacked mine, his hands on my waist as he pulled me flush against him. I gulped at the intensity, my hands falling to his chest.

My body slumped onto him when he kissed me with more vigor, his hands trailing underneath my shirt as he caressed my bare stomach before inching up my back.

He pulled me with him to rest his back on the headboard before he paused to look at my face. His thumb rubbed over my lips, a satisfied smile on his.

His eyes glistened before he leaned down to pepper kisses all over my face to my jaw and I tried to tell him to mind his injury though my words came out as incoherent mumbles.

I couldn't tell how long we stayed there, our bodies pressed against each other but the doorbell rang later on making us reluctantly pull apart.

Grey protested when I tried to get off him but I distracted him with a few kisses before dashing out of the room to check who was at the door.

I hadn't even reached the bottom of the stairs before he caught me, his arms circling my waist as he pressed me against his chest.

"Don't even think of it tulip, I'm coming after you." He lifted me up into his chest like I was a baby and carried me down the stairs.

"You'll hurt yourself, put me down." He stubbornly shook his head and even when I cupped his jaw to plead with him, he didn't give in.

He carried me to the door where we were met by the smiling faces of Rosie and her husband. They looked at us before giving each other a knowing smile.

"I see he's already recovered," Rosie smiled at me and it was then I realized that Grey still didn't have a shirt on.

"Now I understand why you wanted to go home so fast," Mr Williams smirked at Grey as he took a bag from his wife's hands.

We led them in, Grey only putting me down when we got to the living room. I smiled at Rosie before getting her a glass of water and then rushed up to get Grey a shirt.

So stubborn again, he didn't put it on until I did it myself but it was so embarrassing with the Mayella's parents watching us.

"We came to drop some food for Grey, but I see he's doing better with you here." Rosie placed a bag on the table before us, her words making me shy.

"He's not giving you any trouble, is he?" Mr Williams asked while narrowing his eyes at Grey but I shook my head while smiling.

"He's doing everything I say," they both nodded in relief and I almost jumped when I suddenly felt Grey's hand on my waist.

He smiled at me like a young boy, his dimple showing as he shifted closer towards me. I knew he liked it when I praised him of something.

"Did he eat already?" I shook my head when Rosie asked next and she started to take out a flask from the bag they'd come with before.

"I prepared this porridge for him, it's warm now so it'll be good." She handed me the flask, a small cup and a spoon.

I poured out a small amount into the cup and tasted first to make sure it wasn't too hot before I nudged Grey to take the cup.

He however turned to face me fully then opened his mouth. I blushed, Rosie chuckling beside me while Mr Williams just blinked at us in disbelief.

They watched me feed him, Mr Williams asking his wife whether there a side effect to Grey's injury but she only laughed as they went to put everything else in the kitchen.

They didn't linger for long after that, Rosie promising that Mayella and Reece would drop by tomorrow to keep us company.

I filled the now empty cup with more porridge and adjusted Grey to the back of the sofa to ensure he was more comfortable.

"I like it," he smiled after swallowing and I was grateful that Rosie had prepared this since the doctor had recommended light foods.

"I'll prepare some next time," I gathered another spoonful, pleased to know that he enjoyed this but then he shook his head staring at me.

"When you're feeding me, I like it," I hid my face while smiling but he stroked my chin up so that I'd look at him, his eyes watching me softly.

"I also like it when we're this close," he pulled me against him so that we rested side by side, our backs leaning on the arm of the couch.

He turned to look at me after I wiped his mouth and offered a glass of water for him to rinse his mouth.

We stared at each other before I hesitantly snuggled into him after ensuring that he was resting on his uninjured side.

His hand pulled my head into his chest as he pressed soft kisses into my hair. I melted into his warmth, sighing in contentment as we cuddled.

I listened to his heartbeat, the rythmn of it almost lulling me to sleep. His body remained still and I called out his name thinking he was already asleep.

"Grey?" My voice sounded like a whisper in the quiet house but I heard him hum after some seconds. He pecked my shoulder when I didn't say a word.

"I missed you," I remembered how long each day seemed to be for the one month he'd been away. It was the toughest time I had ever experienced.

He shifted beside me, his hand stroking my hair as he whispered, "I thought of you every single moment."

I kissed the tip of his nose, savoring the peace I felt right now as I wrapped my hands around him.

"Ginelle?" I heard him call my name and I lifted my head to look at him. He stared at my face, his fingers stroking my cheeks softly.

"I love you," his eyes didn't blink as he spoke, a feeling of warmth spreading all over my body as I listened to his words that made my heart melt into a puddle.

"I always have," he adjusted a fallen strand of my hair out of my face. "Everytime I look into your eyes, I fall in love."

He shuffled sightly then took out his promise ring from his pocket and placed it into my palm and I stared at him expectantly.

"Let's seal our promise with you putting the ring on me," he stretched out his fingers at me and I slowly slipped the ring just as he'd done with me before.

Grey stared down at his finger, the silver glistening in the light. His face matched an ecstatic smile as he briefly captured my lips.

"I love you," I pecked him one more time, his smile spreading even more as I said the words. He stared at my ring then proceeded to kiss all my fingers.

We decided to watch a show as we rested on the couch but sleep was catching up on Grey despite him trying to fight it off.

I knew his body was getting tired even when he tried to hide it. He was still not in his usual self so I cradled him into my chest as I rocked him to sleep.

He was out less than ten minutes later and I laughed quietly at how he slept like a baby. His face kept nuzzling into my chest, his hand holding the neck of my shirt in a tight grasp.

I waited for another ten minutes till he stopped moving and I slowly detached myself from him. It took me almost another ten minutes to do so.

I went upstairs to get a shawl for him and came to wrap it over his body. He sighed when I pecked his forehead, smiling for a second.

I switched off the TV before going to the kitchen to check what Rosie had dropped earlier. She had stocked the fridge with so much food and I looked through everything thinking of what to cook.

I took out everything I needed after deciding to prepare some omelettes together with a salad, Nana had told me Grey loved those.

I got distracted by some ice cream tubs in his fridge that I didn't remember seeing earlier. I ate two of them before I resumed my cooking.

I peeked through the living room every now and then to ensure that Grey was fine as I cleaned the now messy kitchen.

I put everything in its place, arranging the plates, cups, glasses and the rest of the cutlery in an orderly manner.

I was just about to take out the salad when I heard the shattering of glass in the next room. I dropped the piece of cloth in my hand and rushed to Grey.

He was sitting upright, his breath rugged as his hand kept patting the spot next to him while calling my name.

I knelt down before him and cupped his face, making him look at me. His eyes were apprehensive when they met mine and he took my hands softly kissing over them.

"I'm here Grey," I patted his shoulders to calm him but he kept insisting on holding my hand. "I'm not leaving, I'll stay with you."

He didn't look convinced and as I stood up, he asked urgently. "Promise?" I nodded vehemently and he seemed to relax, holding onto my arm.

I kept stroking his back softy, his body slowly stopping to shake and I wondered what he had dreamt about that had shaken him this much.

His face rested on my stomach and I ran my fingers through his hair assuring that it was okay, I was with him, I was never leaving.

He didn't let go of my hand even after he fell asleep again but my mind kept swirling with all kinds of thoughts because I'd never seen him so scared before.

✪ ✪ ✪

This chapter was all about Grey being stubborn. Well, he's just stubbornly adorable to me.

Which version do you like more, the quiet and reserved Grey or this sweet and affectionate Grey?

(⁠๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...
180K 5.1K 47
He usually prefers his employees to be less...bubbly. Energetic. A little more like him, essentially. But there was something about her the moment sh...
502K 10.6K 36
{MAFIA ROMANCE} "You, Aria, are like a piece of music that I could listen to, over and over again, and never get tired of hearing." Aria Remington w...
1.1K 127 18
"What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie?" Instantly, Sawyer frowns, an unimpressed expression on his face. I continue to smile at him, urging him...