When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 28- He Did It

541 7 6
By svevarossi2

TW: R4pe, Manipulation, Gaslighting

Rafes' POV:

Daniel? That was Max. The realization hit me like a rock, Max was Daniel. 

"Sarah what do you mean Daniel," Pope yelled. Now all the pogues were around the phone that Sarah had on speaker. "I see you're not alone," Daniel said through the phone. 

"Daniel get the fuck away from Lillian," Sarah yelled a sob escaping her throat. 

"I'm going to say this quick. If you just let me do what I want to do to her she'll come back alive. If you tell the police, she gets killed. It's your pick. Just know that every single step that you take is a step I'm tracking down." Daniel said and hung up immediately. 

Sarah's eyes started watering, she started shaking, after a second the phone dropped from her hands and she collapsed on the ground crying. The pogues all started talking over one another, John B comforting Sarah. I took a step back. I could feel all the emotions get out of my body. 

"Sa-Sarah, wha- what do you mean?" I stuttered, realizing the situation. Lillian was in danger. The only person whom I truly loved was in danger, all because of me. 

"Daniel has her Rafe. What do you not understand." Sarah yelled loudly, still crying. "How did he get her?" Sarah sobbed. 

"We were going to go golfing with a friend of mine, M-Max. I went to the lockers to get my clubs and Dylan was in there. He mentioned her and called her a slut so I punched him and then I heard Lillian scream and she was gone. Dylan took my phone in the fight so I came here." I said tears were falling down my face. 

Saying it out loud made me realize that I caused this whole thing. I put her in danger. 

"What does Max look like?" Kiara sobbed. I only realized that she was also crying. Pope was looking at the floor, his eyes had lots of pain in them. Jj looked furious, and angry, but also scared. John B looked scared while trying to comfort Sarah. I took Sarah's phone from her hand and asked if she had a picture of him she nodded and showed me it and, it looked just like Max. "That's Max," I yelled. 

"That's Daniel," Jj yelled, those four syllables confirmed any doubt that I had left. I was the one who put Lillian in danger. As more tears went down my face realizing what had just happened a fist landed on my cheek. 

To my surprise, it was Pope's. I let him punch me, I deserved it, this was all my doing. Lillian could be dying because of me. Pope continued punching my jaw, strong. It did actually hurt, but I didn't fight back. He tackled me to the ground, "Lillian might die because of you." He sobbed. "My best friend might die because of you," he yelled, he stopped punching me and just started crying. 

"Pope pull yourself together," Kiara sobbed. 

"We have to go get her," I yelled. 

"Get the fuck out of here Rafe. It's your fault Daniel has her." Jj yelled. 

"Jj shut up. We can't be fighting right now," Sarah yelled. 

"I know, I know i-it's my fault. Yo- You don't have to remind me okay? B-but I will fix this, I will make sure she's safe." I said but, I was trying to convince myself that whatever was going on wasn't my doing. 

But it was. Daniel was with Lillian, doing god knows what to her, and I was crying like a baby, doing nothing to help her.

Lillian's POV:

"Hi, are you..." I said but was cut off by him turning around. "Daniel?" I said. "Missed me, Lil?" No. No. Please no. I took a step back, not being able to think or act on anything. 

"Now that's no way to greet me, Lil," he said to me. I felt my heart beat faster and faster, I felt paralyzed. Just seeing him brought back more and more parts of that night to my mind. I stayed quiet. My mouth physically couldn't move. 

"I see you'd rather me be rude than sweet considering that you're not answering. So I'll just do us both a favor. You will do what I tell you to do or, you will die." He whispered in my ear. I saw him pull a gun out of his trousers. 

Its sight made my heartbeat stop, it was like I had seen a ghost. I had, I was seeing the person who dug a hole for me to fall in. 

The person who made it their special mission to ruin me, to suck every last drop of happiness out of me. I was healed now, Rafe had healed me, but now, it was like Daniel kept digging the hole for me to fall in, and once again I fell in it. Daniel took my wrist pulling on it tightly. I truly didn't know what to do. 

He had a gun in his hand so I knew I had to go along with his orders or it was game over. I let him drag me out of the course, as we passed in front of the main building I tilted my head to look inside and saw Rafe fighting with another guy whose face I couldn't see. I thought for a second and Rafe was close enough to me to come out and find me, and maybe if I screamed, he would recognize my voice and come outside to see what was happening. 

I thought about whether it was worth risking my life just for a chance to be freed but when I came to my conclusion we were already further away. Daniel's grip on my wrist was harder and harder and he was looking at my terrified eyes with a devilish grin. "Please let go of me, I didn't do anything," I whispered, I was surprised he could hear it. 

He laughed loudly making my heart beat faster. "If you think you can guilt trip me out of doing this, you're more stupid than I thought," he said with a chuckle. Seeing him, hearing him, feeling his body so close to mine made my mind drift away. 

I yelled, I didn't mean to, I just did. It was like the sound just came out of me, it was so weird. He immediately put his hand over my mouth. 

He pointed the gun to my head, right on my forehead. 

"Please, I-I I'm sorry," I said, quiet sobs coming out of my throat. 

"You better shut the fuck up if you don't want to die," he whispered in my ear, but something in his tone made me understand what was happening. I was being held at gunpoint by my abusive ex-boyfriend. 

I looked down at the necklace Rafe gave me, somehow, it made me calm. I don't know how it did. It was something so remotely clear to me, but it just made me drift away to another world. One in which it was me and Rafe against the world. 'I promise to love you forever' engraved on the necklace. He promised. He was keeping the promise, I know he was. It was the two of us. 

Meanwhile, without me realizing it, Daniel was shoving me into the trunk of a green SUV. I hit my head against the car and shrieked in pain. He went back into the car, calmly but quickly. He started driving, I could feel the car moving, it was definitely over the speed limit. I peeked at the window, making sure not to move. 

My mind was filled with thought, each one was hogging one another making me numb. I could not feel anything, not any sadness, anxiety, fear, nothing. A blank mind. As I looked through the glass I could see someone, he seemed to be running after the car. I took a better look at the man, still trying not to move my body so that Daniel wouldn't get mad. 

I immediately recognized the guy, it was Rafe. Every inch of his body was so familiar to me so I recognized him instantly, as I saw him, run after the car and then stop, suddenly, I could feel something, home. Just seeing him, looking into his deep blue eyes, even from afar, made me forget what was happening. The only thing I could remember was how being in his arms felt. How when I was with him, nothing else mattered. He felt like home. 

Just as I took one last glance at him, noticing his panicked look and the stress that his body language reflected, Daniel took a fast turn, bringing me back to real life. The car ride was about fifteen minutes long. I kept panicking, then looked down at the necklace, thought of Rafe, then calmed down. A constant loop. 

Once we arrived wherever he was taking me he opened the trunk of the SUV and took me out of it roughly, meanwhile, he had a smug grin on his face. He took my wrists and dragged me, pointing the gun to my head. 

As soon as the gun's tip came into contact with my temple my breath hitched. Was this really it? What was going to happen? I lifted my eyes to see where we were. This place wasn't familiar to me, it seemed like an abandoned building. Just as he dragged me into it, my phone rang. He had taken it before shoving me in the trunk. He grinned and to my surprise picked up. 

"Hey Sarah, missed me?" Daniel said. "Daniel?" Sarah yelled. A tear went down my cheek as Daniel covered my mouth with his hand. "Sarah, what do you mean Daniel?" I heard Pope yell from afar. His voice made me smile, but it also brought me back to reality. I was at an abandoned house, I was probably not making it out of there. "I see you're not alone," Daniel said through the phone. "Daniel get the fuck away from Lillian," Sarah yelled a sob escaping her throat. "I'm going to say this quick. If you just let me do what I want to do to her she'll come back alive. If you tell the police, she gets killed. It's your pick. Just know that every single step that you take is a step I'm tracking down." Daniel said and hung up immediately. 

These words brought chills to my body. What did he want to do to me? I had my answer. I knew what was about to happen. And I already wanted it to stop. 

Daniel brought me into the building. It was cold, filled with spider webs and dust, just as I'd imagined an abandoned place would look like. 

"Take your clothes off Lil," Daniel said with a grin. 

"Can I ask you a question?" I said, I don't know I had the courage to but I did. He laughed and said: "If you promise to be a good girl after," I nodded, preparing myself for what was going to happen after. 

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him. 

"I miss you, Lil. I love you. I love you so much. I hate how we ended things, I hate that I can't even come near you. The worst part is that it's all your fault. If you had just listened to me we wouldn't be here. Now I feel like you don't love me, apparently, you love someone else." he said and walked closer to me. I listened to him say all this bullshit. 

He looked at my necklace. "I promise to love you forever huh?" he scoffed, making me swallow. "I'm telling you, that's bull. No one could ever love you, Lil. You're a monster, a selfish, stuck-up, horrid monster. After your boyfriend hears what I'm about to do to you trust me, he's going to back out. You're just, a slut Lil." Daniel said. These words somehow had impact on me, even though a second ago he had just said the complete opposite.  

He started to take my clothes off of myself. "You don't know shit about Rafe and I," I scoffed. He looked at me, anger in his eyes. "Say that again," he said, as he positioned the gun back to my temple. I stayed quiet. 

"That's what I thought," Daniel scoffed. 

"Now you will do what I tell you to, if you don't you get shot," Daniel said as he took the rest of my clothes off. 

He tied my arms together and took his clothes off. 

A second later, he did it. 

Note from the author: 

I'm so sorry for the late update it's just that this chapter was kind of hard to write so it took me longer than usual. I also started school so that also slowed me down. 

Thank you for reading and please vote and comment if you want to! 

Also I've been wanting to find a face-claim for Lillian just so that I can edit my story on tik tok or something because I have so many ideas! So do you guys have any suggestions for who the face-claim could be? (Remember she is blonde and green eyes) But for the story I won't have an official face-claim because I want everyone to use their imagination on how they picture Lillian. 

Love you guys so much! X

PS: If you are struggling with an abusive relationship, have been a victim of SA or anything like that don't be afraid to speak out! IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT, never ever think otherwise❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
322K 2.6K 26
" ๐™ž ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™ž๐™– " " ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™  ๐™ข๐™š. " Adalia Martinez and Rafe Cameron, two people who grew up together since the cribs that would o...
3K 15 36
A story about rafe!! And how he feel in love and got better all because of one girl this is still on going so! I do take requests but this is mustly...
6.4K 95 46
It's been seven years. Is she naive to think he could have changed? It's been years since she left Kildare for New York - seven years since she calle...