That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 9: Destined fate

1.7K 82 62
By elite3532

3rd Pov

In the garden located in the back of the Arceid mansion, Dawn was breathing heavily as sweat furiously ran down his forehead.

It was still early in the morning, he had been training at dawn and was now finally able to use his body more efficiently.

Weeks had passed since Sola's departure...in the meantime, Dawn decided to increase his training regiment.

And once again, he could see the progress happening each day he trained and this more than enough of a motivation.

Dawn : Let's do it again.

Taking a deep breath, he focused his strength in his legs and dashed forward executing Burst step...but this wasn't finished, he continued forcing his muscle to bend.

And executed Burst step a second time, then a third before collapsing on one knee...his breath accelerated as he tried to maintain his consciousness.

Dawn : So only 3 times in a row...I could force the fourth but my body would break afterward...

He had been testing the limitation to his body, having a good knowledge of himself is as important as knowing his opponent.

Dawn : Anyway, I should get going.

He muttered before getting up, his body was in shambles as his muscles started contracting and aching...it was painful but nothing he couldn't handle.

And today, he had some business to attend mainly, he wanted to meet that dark elf who can read your future...since it's a magical world, those predictions aren't scam even more when they come from the mystic elven race.

He went to have breakfast with his mother and immediately departed...

Dawn : Now that I think I'm turning 8 in a few months, time sure flew fast.

Looking up to the blue sky, Dawn continued to walk behind him where a few servants were ordered to keep him out of danger.

Thought because of last time, where Dawn managed to run away from them...the amount of servants had increased from 3 to 5.

Even so, Dawn was confident he could get away...Burst step is a very strong technique and just two steps well used could get Dawn out of their sight.

But fortunately for them, this time Dawn had no intention of leaving as he just wanted to meet that dark elf.

And even if a kidnapping happened again, Snowie was walking beside her master, invincible for all but him.

She wouldn't let some slave trader approach them.

Dawn : (By the way Snowie, i would like you to constantly use magic perception and see if that dark elf doesn't scam us.)

He was still careful of strangers, a natural rule implemented in his mind since his former life.

Snowie complied and let her eyes glow as all the magicule flux became visible for her.

Shortly after, they reached their destination and Dawn entered a sort of tent-like stand.

He entered with the servants waiting outside and discovered a very cliche-like shop...everything screamed medium who could read the future or see the dead.

Dawn sighed before taking his seat in front of a face covered dark elf...her clothes were provoking and showcased most of her skin.

But as a former watcher of Ecchi and He...anyway, Dawn wasn't much affected.

Dark Elf : Welcome honored guest, what would you like to know ? Your destiny ? Your future ? Your love life ?

Dawn looked down at the sign showcasing the price, it wasn't cheap but neither too expensive for a noble event as small as the Arceid.

Dawn : Tell me about my destiny and the fate that is reserved for me.

Dark Elf : Oh ? You seem a lot more mature than the children of your age, very well i shall show you what you desire.

Her hand started to roll around a crystal ball...he didn't look at the crystal a single second but instead her hands.

It was like she was casting an incantation through her hand movement...maybe that's how it works.

A time based spell that activates with a hand sign alone...

Dawn : (Snowie, do you feel anything?)

Snowie : (Yes, it's spiritual magic...a sort of contract with the great spirit of time but nothing too big.)

Dawn : (The great spirit of time, huh...interesting, i can thrust this then.)

Finally done, the Dark elf looked at the crystal ball and sighed.

Dark Elf : It seems your future follows an unknown path...being destruction, chaos, peace or harmony.

Dawn : Is that so (I already quite expected it...but it seems my future is going to be hard.)

Dark Elf : Amidst this path, I can see someone you will be connected to...someone that shares the same fate as you.

Dawn : The same fate ?

Dark Elf : I can't see if it's love, partnership, friendship or rivalry but this person is fated to enter your life.

Dawn : I see...could you perhaps show me that person ?

Dark Elf : I can but it will cost extra~

Her hand imitating a coin, she grinned while Dawn didn't care and brought an entire pouch of silver coins...it was more than enough to pay dozens of visits here.

Dawn : Show me.

Dark Elf : Right away, dear customer~

Beaming, she was clearly a money hungry woman...thought at least she worked for her money.

Anyway, her hands moving above the crystal ball...she once again used an incantation, the sphere shone an instant before an image could be seen.

Dawn took a peek and for the first time in this life, felt something tingle his heart...

Dawn : (Huh ? My heart rate has increased?)

Grabbing his chest with his right hand, he felt the power beat hit his chesT...his eyes returned to the crystal ball.

A young girl with silver hair lighter than even Snowie's hair...her blue eyes shone like the moon in the middle of a sea of darkness.

She was the definition of an angel in terms of look...but something stood out, this girl had a necklace...

It's the moon part of the necklace Dawn had brought to Sola...the part of the necklace that he is wearing is right now.

Dawn : (Is this love at first sight ? No, I don't understand this feeling but it isn't love, i am sure of that.)

His hand reached for his neck where he tightly held the necklace...a half moon made of silver.

The words of this Dark Elf resonned back into his head...this person is tight by destiny with him ?

Dawn : (A reincarnated maybe...)

He thought lastly before returning to the session, sealing his emotion the best he could.

Dawn : Tell me, everything you know about this girl.

Dark Elf : Interested now ? Well unfortunately I can't.

Dawn : Your price is mine.

Dark Elf : That's not the problem...something beyond my power is blocking me to look further into it.

Dawn : I see...

It was disappointing but at the same time, Dawn couldn't ask for more, this Dark Elf gave him valuable information and this was enough.

Dark Elf : Anyway, this session is on me. You showed me something interesting so free charge.

Dawn : Really ?

Dark Elf : Yes but if you really want to pay, why don't you meet my daughter, she is around your age 8.

Dawn : You have a daughter ? That's surprising considering your young look.

Dark Elf : Haha, I'm already a few hundred years old, young man.

Laughing, Dawn later confirmed that the dark elf who gave Rimuru a look for his destined one was the daughter of the current Dark Elf in front of him.

Dark Elf : By the way, call me Reina...something tells me we'll work together more often than we think.

Dawn : Someone who can see the future isn't just important, if I have the opportunity I'll definitely come back to you.

Getting up, Dawn smiled and extended his arm...Reina just followed as both at this very moment formed a sort of business partnership.

After that, Dawn left and went on...his mind shifting to this silver haired girl from time to time.

Dawn Pov

Since I had seen this girl through this ball of crystal...I felt weird and oddly impatient in meeting her.

This is making me sick..anyway, i need to forget her for now.

This girl is someone i will meet in the future, blocking now is useless.

I have to prepare myself to join this group Chloe told me...a sort of adventurer guild but without much management.

It's more likely the base Yuuki later founded the freedom guild...i'm nowhere near old enough to enter it.

But my progression is slowing down as no practice will be good as experience.

I'm also as tall as a 10 years old which means I can enter the group as long as I hide my face and identity.

I have 3 months before turning 8, and so after this birthday I will go there...thus 3 months of preparation.

My unique skills : Reader, Burst step technique, Chloe and Hinata's swordsmanship, elemental magic...in terms of offense, I'm good enough but defense is another problem.

I can form an ice shield but that won't be enough to protect myself...I also need to start learning about alchemy and the art of making potions.

It wasn't explained how to make the Full potion of Rimuru but even if I knew I would need Hipokute herbs which I won't be able to find here.

So the best I could make on my own would be 95 % condensed potion as the technology is nowhere near as advanced as Rimuru's era.

I also need to take care of this heart of mine...

Dawn : I still feel empathy and pity for others...

When I see a homeless man, I look at him with pity...this is like an instinctive feeling I have.

This has to disappear and for that..i know the ideal place for that.

My hand reaching for my left pocket, I took out a paper from it...the location of an illegal slave store inside Muth.

This information was given to me by Sola before she left...one of the 3 hideouts of my father's business...

My eyes slowly grew colder as I memorized the location before burning the paper down with fire magic.

Dawn : I'll go there tonight.

Slave trading is a nightly activity as the day is dangerous, my order of staying home is also gone.

I had asked my mother if she could let me out tonight and she surprisingly agreed...it was a little suspicious but it's not like I'm gonna complain.

Anyway, I watched through my window as the dusk was happening...I still find it funny I was named Dawn.

An English word that means the rise of the sun...

Dawn : I should go now.

I was comfortable with this name and that was all that mattered.

I should go now.

3rd Pov

As night came, Dawn got dressed, hiding his face with a sort of mask and left.

Heading toward the said location, he soon reached it...a shaddy hidden entrance toward a basement...in front only one guard keeping the door.

Showing his noble crest, Dawn easily entered and found himself in a place with dozens of people...

It was spacious with a seat for everyone...the people present are mainly nobles who searched for slaves.

Now in front of the audience was a big stage where the slaves are going to parade...an auction sells.

Dawn took his seat faraway for the stage waiting for it to start.

Dawn : This place smells and looks like crap.

He frowned as he crossed his arm and waited...finally it started, Dawn was lucky enough to have no one sitting beside him but still it disgusted him to see those noble women laughing as slave by slave, they defiled on stage.

Girls, old men, mothers, daughters...all kinds of slaves were shown, he could feel again that deep disappointment in humanity he had felt in my past life.

He bit my lips until blood started to come as he constated the state of those slave..;Watching it from an anime and real life is an entirely different feeling.

In the end, after a few hours it ended...Dawn left without saying a word as he started questioning a few things.

He saw how that worked and it reminded him of the rule of this world...the survival of the fittest...those slaves were unlucky enough to end up here.

Well those nobles were lucky enough to be the one who bought them...that's just how nature and the magic of randomness had worked.

This ,ight, Dawn wasn't able to remove this weakness out of himself...but he discovered something else.

That he absolutely despised the human race, his own kind.

Months then passed and Dawn was now ready to start his adventurous life.

Going toward a building that is the headquarter of this group called Freedom traveler, their purpose was simple.

Going on, taking requests from people in need...giving tasks to the traveler who will then work on the task.

The system of reward is still vague as it will depend on how satisfied the customer is and the content of the mission is unknown.

As the customers are just giving their name and location, then the traveler would go meet them and learn the condition and their job on the spot directly.

Now inside this building to register, Dawn was struggling to answer a few questions on a paper sheet...those questions were normal but also absurdly accurate.

Ultimately he pulled it out with a few lies, enough to pass a device that saw through the lie.

Dawn : (Dawn, this paper sheet gave me more trouble than all my exams back in highschool.)

He had to give answers which were lies but still could part with truth...now to finalize this, the guild employee smiled and gave one last instruction.

Employee : Now you just need to give us your name, for this one you can give a nickname or whatever comes to mind, just a way for us to address you.

Dawn : I see...

He thought about it an instant, a name...he can't give his actual name since Dawn isn't common.

If he makes a name for himself as a traveler, then people would deduce and link him to the Arceid family and this would cause him trouble in the future.

After two long minutes, Dawn smiled feeling stupid...he was thinking way too hard, the name he should use was clear as crystal.

It was a name that people had put on him in his past life...

Dawn : Then please call me Elite.

His smile widening under his mask, he felt a wave of nostalgia...this was the start of Dawn's adventurer life as Elite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.7K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
118 8 7
"Does it seem like I desire reincarnation?" After reading a book with a tragic ending, our main character finds himself becoming a magnet for calamit...
40.4K 1.8K 24
Feldway finally had enough. He brought out his true body, crafted by Veldanava's hands, while Rimuru was distracted, fighting an enraged Milim under...
6.5K 214 5
I dont own tensei shitara slime datta ken it belongs to fuze Some of it might belong to the game Isekai slime Spoilers! WN and LN I dont own any of...