Potential

By readingbae2020

"If you're all for me than let me know what's up, don't change up on me in the long run.. keep it open 100 ca... More

Characters
Chapter 1: "You Got Potential"
Chapter 2: "Caught My Interest Talking That Sh*t, So Intriguing"
Chapter 3: "Blowin bands to make me feel lovely"
Chapter 4: "I Need To Know For Sure Cause You Got Potential"
Chapter 5: "Tell Me Baby Will You Slide For Me"
Chapter 6: "I Just Wanna Make Up For Lost Time"
Chapter 7: "Nobody Else But You"
Chapter 8: Girls Need Love Too
Chapter 9: Love Is A Losing Game
Chapter 10: Over It
Chapter 11: Session 32
Chapter 12: Closure
Chapter 13: Christmas Eve
Chapter 14: Christmas Day
Chapter 15: New Years Eve
Chapter 16: Happily Ever Aft-
Chapter 17: Life Dump
Chapter 18: New York
Chapter 19: Silly of Me
Chapter 20: Ex For A Reason
Chapter 21: Make It Work
Chapter 22: Redemption
Chapter 23: New Balance
Chapter 24: Dont Leave Me
Chapter 25: Time Flies
Chapter 26: I Hate U
Chapter 27: If There's A Question Of My Heart
Chapter 28: Love It Here
Chapter 29: Broken Clocks
Chapter 30:Mad At The Fact That It's Me
Chapter 31: Missing You
Chapter 32: New Addition
Chapter 33: Life Changes
Chapter 34: Constant B******t
Chapter 35: Switch A N*gga Out
Chapter 36: This Christmas
Chapter 37: Christmas Day
Chapter 38: Moving Along
Chapter 39: The Countdown
Chapter 40: Take Off ๐Ÿ›ซ
Chapter 41: Happy New Year! AGAIN
Chapter 42: Cheers To ๐Ÿฅ‚
Chapter 43: Show My Love For You
Chapter 44: See Me From Your POV
Chapter 45: Spread Thin
Chapter 46: Love Is Blind
Chapter 47: Time Usually Heal All Wounds
Chapter 49: Grave
Chapter 50: In A Perfect World..
Chapter 51: Tell Me What You See In Me
Chapter 52: Untitled
Chapter 53: It's whatever you want
Chapter 54: Scared
Chapter 55: Always and Forever
Chapter 56: Bachelorette Party
Chapter 57: Bachelor Party

Chapter 48: How Would You Feel?

1.3K 77 16
By readingbae2020

Kenn POV:

It's been a few days since Karin found out about Tyler, I haven't heard from her since. I figured she needed space but, even then she wouldn't go this long without atleast sending us a text. I just dropped Brix and Brielle off at school so, I decided to drive over to Karin's apartment. I called Lexi to see if she heard from her, she answered on the third ring and I heard Codie crying in the background.

"Hey girl" she said

"What's wrong with my nephew?"

"He got a rash so he's cranky."

"Aww poor boo, you might have to let him go without a diaper to air his bottom out Lexi"

"I know CJ mom is here she said the same thing. Girl I can't wait until he get back from New York to get her the fuck out of here."

I laughed "Girl you sound fed up."

She sighed hard "I am but I'm happy to have her help tho"

"Yeah, hopefully one day y'all can get along. Have you heard from Karin?"

"No, I texted her a complete times yesterday and the messages didn't deliver."

"Yeah same for me, her phone been going to voicemail but I'm pulling up to her apartment now."

"I hope she's ok." Codie cried louder "Let me get back to him, I'll FaceTime y'all once I get him to sleep, tell her I love her."

"Ok boo, talk to you later" I said hanging up

I got out the car and walked into the building, good thing I had a key to her place. I let myself in using my key and locking the door behind me.

"Karin!!" I yelled out

I went down the hall to Karin's room, Kennie's room was upstairs but I didn't see or hear her so I knew she wasn't home. Her door was slightly opened, I pushed it opened further and seen her sleeping. The tv was on and her room was a mess.

"Karin!" I called her name again

She jumped up fast "oh my god!" She gasped

"Kenn you scared me!" She said moving her hair out her face and I could now see she had a black eye with bruises on her cheek.

I immediately got emotional and tears swelled up in my eyes "sis what to happened to you? Who did this to you? Have you seen a doctor?"

She just started crying "Kenn I'm ok I swear, I'm ok. Please don't tell Dave."

"Just relax, tell me what happened."

"Me and Tyler got into an argument the night I found out about his secret side baby. When Tyler gets mad he kinda like blacks out or something idk but—"

I cut her off "black out how? Did he hit you?"

She put her head down and shook her head yes

I pulled her in for a hug "I'm sorry I missed this. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you"

"It's not your fault, it's mine."

"No sis it's not"

"Please listen to me. He's done it too many times and I never said anything because I loved him, or thought I loved him. Every time we've argued in the past two months, he hits me and Kennie almost saw him choke me out once. Even then it still felt hard to leave, even now he's been calling and apologetic. Only thing stopping him from coming here is because I threatened to call the cops but, Kenn my spirit is so broken. I'm just tired of crying and hiding. Am I not capable of being loved properly? I don't know what I did in life to keep getting punished."

I rubbed her back, hugging her again. "You are the most genuine and sweetest person I've ever met. Sometimes life throws bs at you because it's giving you clarity of something or something better is coming in your future. It really kills me to see you like this and I'm sorry that you felt like you couldn't come to me or Lexi and tell us about this. We will always protect you, you know that."

"I know and that's why I love you two so much. I just wanted to figure things out on my own, try to make it work."

"Sis, I'm not gone be able to keep this a secret for you. It's too serious, I'm sorry. I already told Brandon I would check on you this morning."

"I know Dave is going to kill him, I don't want to put him in a situation where he could be locked up, lose his businesses or hurt."

"Then you need to tell him, he has been worried because no one heard from you. Karin, Kennie was home when he was doing these things, imagine if she found you passed out on the floor that night."

She sniffled & her voice cracked "I know I know"

"Come on, take a shower and wash your hair I'll blow dry it and just put your natural hair in a ponytail." "I'm guessing, you're going to let Kennie stay with Dave for a while?"

She shook her head yes then went into the bathroom to take her shower.

I took out my phone calling my husband

"Wassup babe, you dropped the kids off?"

"Yeah I'm at Karin's house, checking on her."

"She cool? Dave been trying to reach her, he said he called her moms and nobody heard from her."

"Yes and no."

"What you mean?"

"Babe please do not say anything to your brother she said she would tell him herself today."

"What is it?"

"Tyler has been hitting her for awhile, right now her face and eye is bruised."

"Babe I can't keep something like that from him, this Nigga gotta answer for what he did to her! She my sis too Kenn"

"I feel the same way but she said she wants to tell him herself"

He blew out a deep breath "Man her ass got until tomorrow. Babe this is serious!"

"I know, but let her handle it as far as Dave. I'll see you later when I get home."

"Ok I love you"

"I love you too" I said hanging up

I walked back into Karin's room, she was out the shower and now wear a sweatsuit. She sat at her vanity, passing me the blow dryer so I could start on her hair.

"How are the babies?" she asked me

"Girl bad ass hell, driving me crazy. You want them?" I said laughing

"They are never bad with me" she said

"That's because you let them do whatever they want" I said back shaking my head

"I texted Dave" she blurted out

I turned the blow dryer off, parting her hair now to straighten it "Ok, what did he say?"

"I told him I needed time and could he keep Kennie longer. He said she was asking for me and to FaceTime her, my face hurts so bad I don't even want to touch it to put on makeup." She said and started crying

"You gone have to call her on the phone and just tell Dave what happened. Seriously for your safety and Kennie's, Tyler has a key here right?"

"Yeah but, I don't think he'll come here" she said sniffling

"You don't know that! Until maintenance can change your locks he has access to your home. Dave needs to know so he can protect you and Kennie."

"Call him and tell him now, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being pushy but this is serious Karin."

I finished blow straightening her hair then she got up walking out of the room with her phone in her hand.

I feel bad because it feels like I'm pressuring her but I'm scared for her and Kennie safety, and I know once Dave finds out Tyler will be dead.

I started cleaning every thing up I used for her hair so I could get ready to go home to my family.

_________________________________

Dave POV:

I was tucking Kennie into her bed when my phone started ringing, I answered it seeing it was Karin.

"Yo? You good?"

"No. Can you and Kennie come here?"

"She's just falling asleep."

"Oh, ok"

"You want to come here?"

"Yeah... Can you stay on the phone with me?"

"Yeah, let me grab my AirPods."

I can tell something is wrong because why would she be coming over late at night or even asking me to come over. In a way I still feel connected to her so I know if she's asking, it's definitely for a reason.

"I'm back" I said now sitting in my man cave, lighting my pre-roll

"I'm leaving out now." She said

"Ok" I said in between blowing smoke out

We sat in silence for about 10 minutes but I knew she was still on the phone because I could hear the music playing in the car. She was listening to H.E.R.

Best part started playing and I was high now, so I started singing to lighten the mood.

"It's the sun riseeee. In those brown eyes yeah. You're the one that I desireeee"

She started laughing "You could never sing"

"Damn that's cold"

"It's true" she giggled "I'm pulling up"

"Here I come" I said hanging up.

I got up going to open the door for her, I took her Chanel backpack from around her arm as she walked in. She had her head down so I couldn't see her.

"You wanna smoke or you want something to drink?"

"Both." She said walking towards my man cave. Something was definitely off, I wonder if this about the talk we had months ago.

I poured us both a glass of wine then walked to my man cave. She had taken out her ponytail and her natural hair was straight & falling in her face. She was already smoking. I passed her a wine glass and almost dropped mine when I saw her face. I started to tear up a little because I felt hurt seeing her like this.

"Fuckkk, who did this to you baby?" I asked rubbing the side of her face lightly

She immediately started crying and I stood up pissed off, going to grab my gun.

"Dave!" She yelled behind me following me upstairs to my room

I walked into my closet opening my safe grabbing a gun and a phone out of it. She grabbed my arm.

"Can you put it down and talk to me? Please"

"You know I'm gone kill that nigga right?!" I yelled "move out of my way Karin"

"No, not until you talk to me. Dave please!" She said a little loud

"Yo, watch out!" I said moving her to the side

"If you leave out this house without talking to me, me and Kennie won't be here when you get back!"

"I know where to find y'all" I said back

"Can you just stop and talk to me! I really need someone tonight, that's why I came here to you! Can you just be here for me please" she was still crying

I blew out a deep breathe and put the phone down walking over to her, hugging her for an unknown amount of minutes.

We went in my room and sat on my bed while she told me everything. It was burning me up inside but I stayed quiet and listened to her. She eventually fell asleep, I took her shoes off and pulled the blanket over top of her. I went downstairs calling my brother, knowing he would still be up this late.

"Yo!" He answered

"I'm killing that nigga Tyler" I said

"I'm on whatever you on bro. I'll call some niggas and get them out in the field to look for him."

"Bet" I said hanging up

I let Karin have my bed, I wasn't gone over step my boundaries knowing the mind state she's in. I sat in my man cave smoking until I finally fell asleep.

________________________________

I meannnnnn we knew Dave wasn't letting that slide!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 2.1K 22
"๐–ซ๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐—๐–พ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ, ๐–ป๐—Ž๐— ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—…๐—’ ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—†๐–พ๐—‹๐–บ"-๐——๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ
3.2M 118K 61
๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐š‚๐™ฐ๐™ป๐š…๐™ฐ๐™ถ๐™ด, ๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐™ฑ๐™ฐ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ฒ๐™ด
40.4K 1K 15
๐™„ ๐™ƒ๐˜ผ๐™‘๐™€ ๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™๐™”๐™๐™ƒ๐™„๐™‰๐™‚ ๐™„'๐™‘๐™€ ๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™ ๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™‡๐™„๐™๐™€, ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐˜ฟ ๐™๐™€๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡๐™” ๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡ ๐™„'๐™‘๐™€ ๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐™’๐˜ผ๐™Ž ๐™”๐™Š๐™.. ยฉ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค...
78.9K 2.2K 28
classic hood love story but it ain't basic ๐Ÿคฃ