BLOOD MONEY || bts mafia au

Por sxngularityy

Thirty billion won. Two rival gangs. One mission. Objective: DON'T GET CAUGHT *cross posted on ao3* Ships inc... Más

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty eight.

forty seven.

110 12 3
Por sxngularityy

Five Years Ago.

Jungkook shivered as he walked down the desolate streets. The cold was creeping in much faster than he'd anticipated and he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket to hide their trembling. He couldn't be seen with any weaknesses, not right now.

He was the new boss, after all. Not too long ago, a mission hadn't gone as expected and the General had run into some trouble, leaving Jungkook in charge. He'd only been right hand a couple of months before the switch and saying he had no idea what he was doing was an underestimate. But he hadn't been paralyzed by reality for long. He'd shifted his focus to meeting with all the Purgatory's clients and partners and introducing himself and reinstating whatever agreement they'd previously held with the General. Sometimes, however, that was not the case, and he drafted new deals. Sometimes they accepted, sometimes they didn't. But that was what the soldiers with him were for.

Jungkook's footsteps slowed as he reached today's task - a brothel on the edge of their territory. A curt nod toward the door had one of his soldiers stepping forward first.

Smoke filled the room. It bore a scent, like essence, but Jungkook knew it had to be more enticing than that. There was no way they'd let anyone go once they'd stepped foot inside. There was a club on the other side, he knew, that they opened at night, seeking to lure more unsuspecting travelers. Today, Jungkook was dealing with the operation itself.

A woman appeared from another room, emerging with a perfectly dazzling smile on her face. She was older, her long hair in a neatly woven braid down her back. Jungkook swallowed at the sight of the haunting ruby red paint on her mouth. He forced the memories to the back of his head. He couldn't afford to spiral now.

Clearing his throat, he shifted to the front. "I hope you'll excuse the intrusion," he began smoothly, "but we are here on business terms. I am the Vice, the Purgatory's new boss."

The woman arched a thin eyebrow. "New boss? What happened to the General?"

"Mission gone wrong. I am his former right hand."

"Iseul," the woman said after a few beats. "I run this place." She gave him an expert once over, clicking her tongue appreciatively. "Do I get to know your name too, handsome?"

Jungkook coughed awkwardly, ignoring the faint chuckles from his soldiers. "Vice is fine. I'm here to discuss your previous arrangement with the General. It shouldn't take too long."

Her red lips shifted into a pout. "A shame. I could've used the company. We can talk here." A wink was tossed at him, and it was all he could do to force a relatively small smile and follow her into the next room over, his soldiers silently waiting at the room's door. When he saw that ruby lipstick, there was only one face that ever came to mind for him.

Jungkook was blinking back into focus when Iseul gestured for him to sit down on one of the sprawling cushions and couches. He found the closest one respectably far from her. He'd had bad experiences before; he wasn't about to let them happen again. He was a boss now, he wielded enough power to protect himself.

Iseul glanced at him as she slung one of her legs over the other. This look was different from the last one. This time, she was assessing him as a leader. "I'll have some tea brought in," she offered after a few minutes, calling over a boy who had slipped inside the room alongside them. Jungkook hadn't even noticed him until now. "Jimin, fetch us some tea, why don't you?"

The boy bowed in confirmation, head hung low. Jungkook couldn't get a glimpse of his face as he hurriedly scurried away.

Iseul's attention slid back over to him. "My arrangement with the General goes back several years. I hope you're not here to try and change it all." Her voice held a cheery tone, but the expression on her face was threatening.

"I don't intend to rewrite it completely," Jungkook said. "Just make amendments."

She arched a thin eyebrow. "Oh? What amendments could an inexperienced boss suggest?"

Jungkook bristled slightly at the comment, but it was nothing he hadn't heard over and over again. He'd been boss for just a handful of months, but no one seemed to take him seriously. They never saw his capabilities.

He didn't get the chance to defend himself before the boy, Jimin, was sweeping back in the room with a tray, balancing two mugs and a teapot. He lowered the tray to the small table in the middle of the room.

Jungkook reached a hand out for the mug he was extending to him, able to look him in the eye for the first time. He was on the shorter side, slender, and he looked very young. Around Jungkook's age, perhaps a little bit older. Much too young to be working in a place like this, although Jungkook could see why. He was beautiful. His hair was dyed a soft blonde and it fell in front of his eyes gracefully. His attire was the usual for places such as this: tight clothes that were tailored to perfectly display, designed to seduce. His eyes, which flickered to his for only a second, were a gentle green, glittery makeup highlighting the fake color and making his features pop. He certainly looked the part.

At the eye contact, Jimin jerked his hand back as quickly as he'd extended it, knocking the mug out of Jungkook's hand. It hit the floor with a crash, spilling hot tea and ceramic.

Jimin's reaction was physical. He immediately dropped to the floor, shoving his hands into the mess to pick up the pieces.

Jungkook lunged forward, grabbing his hand to bring it away. Jimin's head automatically dropped.  "Careful," he said softly. "You could hurt yourself."

"Who cares if he hurts himself?" Iseul chided exasperatedly. "Jimin, the cost for that replacement will come out of your salary. Go clean it up and bring the boss a new mug."

Jimin dipped his head quickly, yanking his hands away from Jungkook as he scrambled to his feet and out the door.

"It wasn't his fault." Jungkook didn't know where the sudden urge to protect the boy came from. "I didn't grip the mug properly."

Iseul's shrewd eyes narrowed. "Of course it was his fault. He's clumsy and irresponsible. The only reason I keep him around is because the clients seem to love him." Her gaze became wicked. "You're not interested, are you? I've heard that he's many men's ideal type."

Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up at her insinuation. "No, nothing at all like that. I am here purely to discuss business."

She shrugged, bringing her perfectly intact mug to her lips. "If you change your mind, you know where to find him." The mug landed on the table with a soft thud as she shifted forward. "Now, to those amendments you were proposing?" Her tone still bore a slight mockery and Jungkook became incensed once more.

"I know you're at the border of several territories," he began coolly, "so you probably receive offers all the time. The General offered you protection from any enemy, more than any of the other gangs around here can give you. My only condition for renewing this agreement is that I will not have anyone who does not want to be here forced to stay. All workers must give full consent."

"My, my, aren't you a gentleman?" Iseul scoffed, averting her attention to where Jimin had just returned with a cloth and a small bag to clean up the mess.

He stood in the doorway, seemingly frozen. He must've heard what Jungkook said.

"Jimin, the floor?" Iseul motioned impatiently and he jumped back into action, but the red tinge on his cheeks gave him away.

Jungkook eyed him curiously.

A heavy sigh left Iseul. "Vice, I shall accept your condition. It will apply going forward."

The subtle wording was not lost on Jungkook. "Going forward?" he echoed, mimicking her same expression of raising her brows. "Just to be safe, I think it should apply now. To every worker."

He noticed how Jimin's hands began to shake. He looked like he was holding his breath.

"You're a fool if you think you can just wave a gun in my direction and expect me to roll over and obey," Iseul sneered. "I know who you are, Jeon Jungkook. Forcing the rest of us to bow is not going to make you magically belong here."

Jungkook stiffened.

"I shall accept your condition going forward," she repeated firmly. "Take it or leave it."

His gaze darted to the boy on the floor. "Fine. But give me Jimin."

Jimin's head snapped up completely, too shocked to remember his training. His mouth had dropped open.

Iseul gave a short laugh. "Take him. It'll be much better to find someone more pleasing with better manners. I hope you'll enjoy him." She was on her feet instantly, apparently eager to shoo him away. "Now leave before I change my mind."

Jungkook stood too, pausing for a moment to grab Jimin's arm, hauling him to his feet as well. His expression was frozen in shock, the small bag of broken ceramic still in his hand. Jungkook gently pried it from his grasp. "Don't worry," he murmured, hoping to ease the boy's mind. "You'll be safe."

Jimin said nothing, just ducked his head and followed him obediently out the room. He shrunk behind Jungkook when they were reunited with the soldiers he'd posted.

Iseul observed it all with a cold smirk. "It was a pleasure doing business with you." She glanced pointedly at Jimin. "Watch out, he's got a mouth on him."

Jungkook didn't respond, only motioned for his soldiers to file out behind him. He gripped Jimin's elbow lightly, just applying enough pressure to steer him in the direction he wanted.

Admittedly, he didn't really have a plan. He'd acted impulsively out of desperation to save the boy from a fate he didn't seem to want. Or, at least, give him the opportunity to decide for himself. Jimin seemed timid by experience, not nature. It piqued Jungkook's curiosity. What had happened to him in his life up until now? He couldn't stop wondering if Jimin had been through what Jungkook had and maybe that was the real reason behind it. Because he wished someone had stepped in to help him.

Jungkook glared at any soldiers who dared stare at Jimin a little too long, noticing the way the boy shrunk into himself whenever he realized he was being watched. Pointedly, he drew them out of earshot. "Did you leave any belongings? I could retrieve them for you."

Jimin shook his head, wrapping his arms around himself tightly.

"Is Jimin your real name?" Jungkook asked gently, hoping he could get the other to realize he wasn't a threat.

Jimin nodded.

Upon reaching the Purgatory's den, Jungkook ordered a soldier to fetch a fresh set of clothes and bring a tray of food as he brought Jimin to an empty bedroom. "You may stay here for the time being," he started softly. "I promise no one will harm you here."

Jimin glanced around the room uncertainly. His gaze suddenly flickered back to Jungkook, this time with a darkness behind his eyes. "Why are you doing this?" The first words he'd heard him speak.

Jimin's voice was not what Jungkook expected. It was high, sweet, and breathy, but there was a sharp undercurrent. It held an unbendable edge. Surprised by the question, Jungkook stumbled over an answer. "I wanted to help."

He didn't seem to believe him. Jimin's eyes were narrow slits. "Why? If you wanted me to sleep with you, you could've paid for it."

"No! No, that's not what I want." Jungkook hurried to defend himself. "I wanted to help, that's all." He tilted his head to the side. "You overheard my conversation. You didn't seem like you wanted to be there."

Jimin swallowed thickly. He was looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"You may stay here for however long you wish. Anything you want, you can ask for. I ask for nothing in return."

"Why?" This time, Jimin's voice broke a little.

"Because I wish someone had helped me." It was barely a whisper, but Jimin heard it.

He frowned. "You were a prostitute?"

Jungkook flushed once more. "No. I... had a different situation."

Jimin, to his credit, didn't pressure for more. Instead, he let his arms fall down by his sides, apparently accepting of whatever Jungkook had told him. "I'm Jimin. I'm twenty."

"I am the Vice, but you may call me Jungkook." He offered a small smile. "I guess you're my hyung."

An eyebrow raising, Jimin's expression shifted into something between wariness and delight. "Hyung, huh? How did someone so young get to be in such a position?" Jimin was an eloquent speaker when he wanted to be, Jungkook noticed. Even more of a background than Jungkook had suspected. Jimin was proving to be quite intriguing.

Jungkook's tone was heavy. "Sometimes, accidents happen."

He knew from experience that Jimin was trying to figure out whether he had taken out the General on purpose. He knew that's what was at the forefront of every other person's mind. But he had long since given up trying to clear his name. Let them believe what they wanted; it wouldn't change anything.

Jimin must've decided that whatever theory he'd come up with wasn't too bad because he took a seat on the bed. He looked up at Jungkook expectantly, but that same level of shrewd intelligence was there. He wouldn't trust him easily. Jungkook didn't think he could fault him for that.

"So, that's it?" Jimin asked. "I get to stay here, free of charge, now with a free will, and you'll just let me?"

Jungkook frowned. "I'm not letting you do anything. I simply gave you the means to do what you wish. If you want help finding a place or a job, I'm more than happy to help."

That didn't seem to be the response Jimin was hoping for. His face twisted like he'd eaten something sour. "What is this game you're getting at? I can't understand it. If you don't want sex, what do you want?"

"Nothing."

The blonde's eyes rolled toward the ceiling, but the corner of his mouth curved upward. "You're young and foolish, but I like you. I've never met anyone like you." He tilted his head inquisitively and Jungkook had to glance away quickly. He didn't like the practiced look of seduction Jimin constantly wore. The older boy clicked his tongue. "So shy. One would think you've never had anyone touch you before."

Red crept up Jungkook's cheeks but he did his best not to let it show. "Alright, well, as lovely as talking to you is, I have some things to attend to. If you need anything, ask a soldier," he added as he did his best to rush to the door without making it obvious.

Jimin laughed behind him. "So that's a yes!"

It turned out, Jimin did indeed have quite a mouth on him. As he grew comfortable around the boss, Jungkook learned that Jimin was bubbly with a loud sense of humor that he sometimes found annoying but brought a smile to his face anyways. It was surprising how quickly his true personality bloomed once given an opportunity to grow.

Jungkook always told him he was free to do whatever he wished, to which Jimin responded with "You must really have a thing for consent," and they ended up laughing and forgetting the original conversation.

Jimin was his first friend since Yoongi.

He was tentative to call him that, when he wasn't ever entirely sure if Jimin truly remained at the Purgatory's den out of desire or not, but the older boy was a comfort. He hadn't noticed until then how lonely he'd felt. How solitary his life had become.

It scared him, the thought of getting that close to someone again. Yoongi had been everything to him. His hero, mentor, best friend, family, all wrapped up in one. Jimin was nothing like Yoongi. He was the fire to Yoongi's ice, always finding a way to brighten every space. But then, once he was gone, Jungkook returned to darkness. The comfort was only temporary.

The cold was slowly giving way to spring, fading into a dull chill, when Jimin first asked him the question. "Jungkook."

He turned at the trepidation in Jimin's tone. He was always so confident. "Yes?"

"I was wondering," Jimin hedged, not looking at him, "how would you feel about me joining the Purgatory?"

Jungkook's head whipped toward him abruptly. Of course, it had been something he'd considered. The possibility of having a friend by his side always was something he craved, but he couldn't find it in himself to trust in it. What if he let Jimin in and then Jimin were to betray him just like Yoongi? What if this was all part of a bigger plan to screw him over by gaining his trust? What if something happened to Jimin like it had to Mark? What if it was all his fault.

"Jungkook?"

He snapped back to reality. Jimin was looking at him anxiously. "You... You'd want to?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin bit down on his lip, nodding. "If you'd let me."

"Jimin, you know I never let you do anything." He was always quick to reassure that he was not the one in control. He never wanted to take that from Jimin. "If you want to... maybe we can get you started on training. If you do well, I don't see any reason why you couldn't join."

Jimin squealed, throwing his arms excitedly around Jungkook. "Thank you, thank you! I promise I'll do well in training! I'll work extra hard, day and night! I'll be perfect!"

Jungkook laughed. "You don't need to be perfect, Jimin. Please don't exhaust yourself."

A signature eye roll. He broke out into a toothy grin. "Hey, maybe if I'm good enough, I'll replace your shitty right hand."

Jungkook arched an eyebrow. "Really? You think you could be that good?"

Jimin straightened up, determination shining in his eyes. "I'll make sure of it."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4K 283 22
Two princes meet. Both from completely different homes. What will happen? top kook bottom taehyung Warnings: Sad endings aren't part of my vocabulary...
42.5K 2.3K 57
"I hate him. He hates me. It's been this way all our lives. Why should this change suddenly?" --- "Let's make a deal" × × Jimin and Jeongguk absolute...
448K 20.9K 37
[C O M P L E T E D] One of the biggest new hit companies soon to be owned by one of the most attractive men in the world catches the eye of the large...
611K 36.8K 70
Jimin is a poor, innocent and gorgeous boy from busan balancing two hectic jobs while trying to survive in this cruel world with his dream of dancing...