Lyra Black

By loveacting

This is a rewritten version of my original story. Based on characters from JK Rowling's Harry Potter Verse an... More

The man in purple robes
Cottage
Hogwarts
Sorted
Class
Mirror mirror
Yule
Land of fire
Inferno
West
Kindle to a flame
Fishing trip
Balance or Division
Tea and sandwiches
Do you believe in magic?

Serpents and Unicorns

0 0 0
By loveacting

Zuko

"Come in" the older man says. Zuko hesitates for a moment before he enters the odd home of the man.

"I am Anhora" he says while pouring Zuko a cup of tea. He sets it down before setting to work on some food. "You called my friend "magic"" Zuko says.

"Please sit. We have much to discuss" Anhora says. Zuko sits down and Anhora says

"Your friend is a descent of someone I once had the honor of meeting. His name is Emyrus" Zuko says nothing so Anhora continues with his story.

"You see Arthur was a prince who had never been treated like...a human. He was royal from birth and was always revered as such. Merlin unknowingly insulted him  and ...still continued to point out his flaws even after he knew who Arthur was....then he saved Arthur's life willingly putting himself in danger you see magic was outlawed by pain of death yet Merlin still saved Arthur time and time again. Of course Arthur did the same and the bond between them grew. It became harder and harder for Merlin to keep the secret from his friend his brother his other half ..the other half of the coin. You are Lyra's Arthur. You are her other half" "what?" Zuko jumps up and Anhora chuckles.

"I've only known Lyra for a few months!" Zuko says.

"True...but you have formed a bond strong enough for her to communicate telepathically" Anhora says.

"But..but.." Zuko sputters.

"I don't understand" he finally says sitting back down. "Neither did Arthur nor Emyrus but just as it was for told then it is foretold now.

500 years after the once and future king is laid to rest his descent will form a bond with the son of fire.
Together they will ally with the one marked as the dark lords equal. Darkness will rise to meet the light converging together in the shadows
magic and creature and human must unite to bring about Albion lest they fall to the darkness forevermore...

Zuko blinks a few times before he takes out Lyra's booklet and he quickly writes the prophecy into it. He closes the notebook and he says "how do you know this?"

"I can not reveal my source son of fire only that everything is not always what it seems." He stands and says "I will show you to your room now" Zuko nods taking his tea he stands up to follow his host.

Lyra

Lyra wakes up suddenly with a pounding headache. She moves slithery and feels the metal of the ...cage she's in. It's only 4ft tall and 4ft wide Lyra crouches down keeping her head down so her hair isn't caught on the bars. She blinks a few times as the area around her suddenly this flooded with light.

She listens as a door opens her eyelids shut quickly going into slits. She watches in horror as

Lucius Malfoy stops in front of the cage. He kicks it forcing Lyra's eyes open. He flicks his wand and lifts her up. She hangs limply from his grasp. Then he brings her over to a chair where her arms and legs are strapped down.

"Hold her mouth open" he hisses to someone and Lyra hears a female voice say "Ty lee" Lyra's eyes widen as a girl in pink comes forward and jabs Lyra in a few spots making it so Lyra can't even struggle. Her shoulder is throbbing and she's suddenly held by two people as her mouth is opened. Lyra can guess what's coming she tries to hold her mouth away bringing down her teach her jaw is wrenched open and then her entire body goes stiff as board and only her eyes can move.

"Don't look at me like that..." Lucius smirks "you asked for it" he takes out a bottle of clear liquid and he says "you know if you had been ...civilized I would've given you this with some tea...or perhaps some bread but instead you will drink nothing nor eat until I have what I want" he takes out the dropper and puts six drops on Lyra's tongue.

Lyra's eyes roll back and she gasps as her mind begin to fight the potion "curico!" 

Lyra's form goes limp and her eyes stare ahead un seeing.

"What is your name?"

"Lyra Freya Black" Lyra says her voice emotionless

"Where is my son?" He asks. Lyra manages to bite her tongue before he grabs her face and he repeats the question

"Don't...know" Lyra gasps out. Lucius stares at Lyra. Then he asks "where are your friends? The avatar?"

"Don't know" Lyra monotones once more.

"What about Zuko?"

"I...was with him" Lyra says.

"Where is he?"

"No...don't know" Lyra says.

Lucius grabs her shirt but her expression doesn't change. Her eyes are lifeless and he releases her. He turns to the girl staying in the shadows

"Does Zuzu intend on attacking the fire nation on the day of the comet?" She asks.

"Comet coming ....gonna destroy earth kingdom...have to stop..."

Lyra manages to move her head slightly enough so her head is released and she bites down on the hand holding her face. She feels the magic begin to release and she closes her eyes trying to hang onto that control....her eyes open as her eyes are forced open as the question is repeated

"Will they attack the day of the comet?"

Lyra struggles to keep herself from answering her eyes widen when a knife cuts her arm leaving a deep gash...her eyes open and she says

"N-n-n-n-no...th-th-ey'ill defen-d th-th...-the w-w-wor-ld in-clud-ing th-th...-the f-f-f-fi-ire nnnnatiin" Lyra says. A hand slaps her face and she doesn't react.

"LIAR!" She says. Another hand grabs Lyra's face and the voice says "she isn't able to lie your highness" "quiet!"

There's silence as the girl appears to be deep in thought. Then she smiles and she leaves the room leaving Lyra in total darkness. Lyra closes her eyes focusing on her magical core suddenly she sees herself standing in a large reflective room. She looks around and she sees doors some looking more foreboding then others. Lyra pauses outside a particular door before she turns and sees a familiar one. It's the door to her cottage. Her hand lingers above the door handle when she keeps walking stopping outside a curious double door that is blue one of them says

Police Call Box Lyra tilts her head to the side and she touches the door her eyes widen when it practically purrs at her touch. Lyra touches the phone box and she tries to remember how to use it. Her hand lingers over the numbered buttons slightly shaking as she still feels the effects of the curse ...she looks back at the motionless door and something tells her to pull it open. Lyra carefully pulls on the handle and she's shocked when the inside is not a phone box as she had expected it is...Lyra steps inside and she looks around fascinated.

Her mind begins to work out how it works when a males voice says "I wondered when you would figure it out"

Lyra tilts her head and she says "pardon?" He grins and says "your father told me you would be clever"

"My..."

"Oh yes Regulus Black" the man's face fades into a thoughtful frown.

"But I suspect you are not here to hear about that. At least not yet" Lyra looks around and she goes over to one of the pieces of coral and he says "this reality exists outside of your mind even if you are only here in spirit."

Lyra's hands curl into fists. "I don't have time for games I must escape and get back to...Zuko" Lyra says.

"Ah yes. The 100 year war. See what happens is rather fixed and- ..." Lyra holds up a hand.

"Fixed? As in unchanging is the future not in flux who are you to claim dominance over time itself?" To Lyra's surprise the man smiles and he says "I like you...to answer your question I am in fact a time lord just as you are a dragon lord or lady and also a sorceress."

"So I can't help with the battle?" Lyra says her voice soft.

The man walks over to her and gently puts a hand on her shoulder.  "This is a battle Zuko must fight alone." Lyra looks down and she says "you speak as if there will be more then one"

The man nods and he turns his blue eyes away. "Much like the Great Dragon I can see what could be and what was. As you said there is possibility in each choice we make. It all runs through my mind and doesn't stop." Lyra looks at him and asks.

"Why am I here?"

The man smiles.

"You are here because much like your ancestor you have the ability to see not in the same way Sybil sees of course what she sees is mostly nonsense..." he shakes his head.

Lyra's eyes widen as she doubles over in pain. The man rushes over to her and he gently takes her hands. "You're waking up" Lyra's face screws up in pain and she falls to her knees. She curls up on the floor as she slowly begins to feel the sensations of pain come back her eyes widen and she sees she's back in the dark dungeon room.

"Have a nice sleep?" Lyra sees the girl dressed all in pink. She doesn't speak in return and the girl says "come on it's not all that bad.."

"Ty lee!" The other girl says then she turns to Lyra. "Do you know why he did it?"

"Who?" Lyra says her voice strained

"Zuko ...why would he betray his people...his home?"

"He's not" Lyra rasps.

"What do you mean? He went against the firelord ..."

Lyra turns her eyes so she's looking at the dark haired girl.

"Exactly. The firelord has become a tyrant ...Prince Zuko means to free the fire nation from his rule and bring peace and prosperity not only for his people but for the world"

Lyra begins coughing and she strains against the restraints until they deliver a shock to them and then she goes still.

The days bleed together in the underground which is what Lyra has taken to calling the prison. Occasionally Mai and Ty lee manage to get her water and rice. Lyra barely sleeps if she's not in the cage she's in the restraints.

She's pulled out of the cage one morning and her wrists are chained together. A bag is placed over her head and she stumbles as she's taken across the dry ground. She can feel the stone beneath her feet and then she's pushed down and the bag comes off her head all at once. Her chains are connected to a pillar and she sees Azula sitting on the steps. He stands up and touches Lyra's chin.

"Hello my pet..." she grabs Lyra's hair and takes out a knife. She cuts the braid off and she wraps it in a piece of parchment and sends it with a fire hawk.

"Let's see if Zuzu will come" she says sitting back in her chair. Lyra looks away crossing her legs trying to breathe as much as she can....Lyra looks up when she sees her dragon bird land she watches Zuko and Katara her off.

Zuko's eyes widen when he sees Lyra and Katara holds  him back as they speak for a moment.

"Oh good you're all here. I was just about to be crowned" Azula says. She steps down the Dias and says "aren't you going to bow dear brother?"

"Not today sister. I Prince Zuko Son of Fire Lord Ozai and Ursa am here claim my birthright as Crown Prince of the Fire nation...I will prove my worth through an Agni Kai just the two of us. No interference the winner takes the crown ...any interference such as targeting a non-combatant is an automatic forfeit...do you agree to the terms?" He asks. Azula smirks and she holds out her arm Zuko takes it and he winces pulling it back as a steam of fire goes down his arm he steps back and they begin to fight. Blue meets orange red and yellow in a crescendo of fire and flames. Lyra covers her head as Azula's flames become more and more erratic. Zuko says something to Azula and she says "I'll show you lighting!" Azula turns and aims for Lyra Zuko rushes to meet it before she is hit. Lyra releases a powerful burst of magic hitting Azula at the same time as the lighting hits Zuko.

There's silence as Lyra screams as she tries to break free of the chains. She screams and her eyes glow gold as they finally shatter and she rushes over to him. Lyra grabs Zuko's hand as a fire sage says "Prince Zuko?" Zuko sits up after Lyra gave him a rush of healing energy. Lyra helps him stand and he inclines his head to the sage and he says "princess Azula has been defeated Prince Zuko has reclaimed his birthright and will be crowned in the morning. Your highness do you have any orders?" "Call off the army the war is over"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 6.8K 20
Remus Lupin and Sirius Black imagines during the Marauders' Era. Characters do not belong to me in anyway. Credits to JK Rowling for all characters I...
52 0 16
It's been a long summer and their "family" doesn't want them to go back to Hogwartz and now neither does the house elf Dobey. But, what no one else u...
180K 4.4K 26
Lyra Black is the daughter of Sirius Black. She's been through a lot throughout her seventeen years of life. As soon as she turned seventeen, she ran...
237K 7.5K 23
y/n l/n was on her way to Hogwarts after years of loneliness and unanswered questions. Never knowing her parents who died during the war, she has bee...